Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

what are the scariest alien / ufo movies? bonus points if they're somewhat unpredictable in plot.

ive seen most of more "sciency" first contact movies like Arrival

I thought the Fourth Kind would be lame as hell, but it's pretty great. Its stupid narrative conceit ends up driving it in much scarier directions than would be possible if it just had one narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

FOR READABILITY) It's hard to post this because of all the skepticism and criticism by so many who read posts others share about their encounters. Plus I suck at writing and I have major ADD/ADHD and staying focus and on point is very hard for me. So here's my story... I've had contact with these "Nordic beings" . If this story comes across as incoherent, rambling or scatter brained I apologize because again it's really hard to talk about and my nerves are ugh. Anyway, I'm Native American (Comanche/Kiowa/Choctaw) with some British and German mixed in for good measure. My dad is full blood Comanche/Kiowa.

Anyway, I had always heard stories from my family and tribal elders when I was young about the "beautiful people from the sky." One day I got a a call and was invited to go out to Anadarko, OK. with some tribal elders and spiritual leaders. All I can say is that when I saw these Nordic beings I couldn't believe it. I wasn't scared which is weird when I reflect on it. I couldn't believe they seemed to have a relationship with the people that I knew and loved. It was all so surreal. I had an experience when I was at a scout camp when I was 14 where I went missing for 12 hours. I had no memory then nor do I have any memory now of what happened for the 12 hours I went missing that night but I've always believed I was abducted because before I went missing I was watching this object in the sky doing incredible maneuvers. I wound up getting in so much trouble and was accused of playing a prank by the community and my mom's side of the family (they're 1/2 British 1/4 German and 1/4 Choctaw) but they have never really embraced their native heritage.

My disappearance was deemed to be a "prank" and that was what was reported in the news. To clarify, the news story had no mention of an abduction it was only about an eagle scout who had been missing for 12 hours. The criticism and accusations of being called a liar deeply affected me for many years. On my dad's side of the family we call my mom's side "tosa" because they embrace their white heritage and ignore their native heritage. Anyway, during the encounter in Anadarko my uncle said that I was the boy they took back in 86. My jaw dropped. Anyway, like I said it's hard to talk about because there's no way to prove it as it's just my word and I'm just some random guy on the internet that many people are going to diagnose as having mental health problems.

The thing that strikes me the most is how beautiful these beings were. There was an obvious male and female. They were very tall and had the most incredible eyes. Now I'm short (5'6) so everyone's tall to me but these two were at least 7' tall if not taller. The thing is, I've had many encounters since then but I've never experienced any with the typical grey aliens so many others have. Most of my encounters took place in the oceans. I don't live anywhere near the ocean, but that's were we go more times than not.

I think people need to take USO's more seriously. There may be other beings involved in other areas like space or deep earth, but I've not encountered any. Again I have no ability to prove what I'm about to claim but there's some malevolent beings about to make their presence known. I can also confirm that the paranormal is closely connected with these beings. Different dimensions is also a reality when it comes to this phenomenon. I don't know about time travel. I've never been made aware of time travel being real during any of my encounters. I know for a fact that not all abduction and encounters are good where people are given messages of peace and hope. So many people who've just disappeared and were never seen or heard from again are victims of these unfortunate encounters.

I wish more people accepted that those with abduction stories do have a lot of common characteristics. One being that many abductees seem to be gifted with abilities that some people describe as "psychic" phenomenon. My family lineage is that of what is commonly referred to as "medicine man". I've been taught about native medicine and spirituality since I was a boy as that is what my grandfather was and several great grandfather's before him and I later found out that that is why I was invited to Anadarko that day. My last name literally translates to "teepee by the water" because my ancestors were the spiritual leaders or "medicine men" and water is a major factor when practicing native medicine. People always say, why don't abductees have anymore proof than their words? I wonder if the people asking this ever realize how ridiculous that sounds. They don't give us souvenirs or group pics to show everyone. People thinking that an abductee can just take out their phone and snap a pic is just silly.

The only thing I have to validate my story is an article from the Lawton Constitution were I went missing because 2 basic training classes (Ft. Sill was close to the site), the Comanche county sheriff's department and tribal police along with bloodhounds were all out looking for me throughout the night. Not to mention all of the scout leaders and parents. They originally thought I had been attacked by a bear or a cougar. To be clear, there was no mention of an abduction or of the craft I claimed I saw in the news article. I don't want to embellish and make it seem as if that was reported. Even tho I was found unconscious next to a tree 50 yards from the campsite 12 hours after I went missing I was accused of hiding from everyone. That makes no sense because I would've obviously been found that close to the campsite with the amount of resources that were involved looking for me not to mention the dogs.

I also have proof of passing lie detector tests about my encounters after encouragement from my wife to get some answers and resolve some doubts I had been struggling with regarding these experiences. The most compelling thing I have was discovered in my left ankle after a compound fracture June 2020. There was some implant device in my left ankle. The doctors asked about any previous surgeries and what this was for. I had no answers as the only surgery I had had up to that point in my life was for an umbilical hernia and wisdom teeth extraction. Discovering that device answered so many questions tho.

Anyway, I truly believe our reality about humanity is about to fundamentally change in ways that people can't even begin to imagine. Another common thing about abductees is depression which I've struggled with my entire life. It mostly comes from "knowing things" (I know that sounds crazy) that people often refer to as psychic phenomenon. My grandmother (Kiowa) said it was a gift I was blessed with by our creator and that I've been given strong abilities. The thing is, I never asked for it and it's not such a great thing to have even tho there are frauds out there that capitalize on it by claiming they are "psychics" when in reality they're nothing more than con artist.

Fortunately, unlike many abductees (ie throwaway), I've managed to stay pretty grounded have have a pretty good life. I'm in the pet services industry and own a nice business in TX that employs 25 people. My wife is a very accomplished MD (psychiatrist) with 2 offices that employs 3 other doctors and 13 employees. We have 2 great and well adjusted children, each from a previous marriage. Anyway, thanks for giving me a forum to share my experiences. This honestly was pretty hard because the fear of talking about these events are real with real consequences. Throwaway's courage to come out really empowered me to begin to open up and share some of my experiences online.

Unlike him, I've never been told that a specific event was going to happen on a specific date. The only thing I'm basing my statement on regarding disclosure is from my own conclusions based on my own experiences along with many prophecies told by various tribes, tribal elders and spiritual leaders. For those of you who may feel the need to diagnose me with whatever mental illness they think I have I'd like to remind you that my wife is a psychiatrist and she asks that you please DM me what criteria you used to make your diagnosis.

Anyway, if you've read this far, thank you for taking the time. Again, it was so hard to post my story.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

what are the scariest alien / ufo movies?

fire in the sky has a rather sleepy plot that ends with what are quite possibly the absolute most terrifying 20-ish minutes ever committed to film

fourth kind has a kinda dogshit framing device and likes its jump scares too much for my tastes it but it's still a major hide-behind-the-couch kinda film

the 1989 mcpherson tape is hard to find but it predates the blair witch project and is a landmark in found footage as a genre. the final few shots are genuinely loving creepy as hell even with the low budget nature of the whole production

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

McPherson Tape and Incident in Lake County (a remake of the McPherson Tape) are great. Incident in Lake County was recut and aired on UPN twice when I was a kid as a true-story found footage special, predating Blair Witch by a year. They're both pretty great--McPherson Tape was just put out on bluray: https://www.amazon.com/McPherson-Tape-U-F-Abduction-Blu-ray/dp/B085R72PPP

The kid in Incident in Lake County later played the main character on Space Cases.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Log082 posted:

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I don't get why you'd test against people that haven't been read in, though. That's easy enough to do, and as we can see here, not doing it just gets your super secret spy drone plastered across the media.

well the military is very particularly choosing to allow us access to these supporting documents. like they released the ships' logs and internal emails, but not the SNOOPIE team reports:

https://twitter.com/dave_beaty/status/1376030894406959105?s=20

so it might be that something about the ufo narrative is valuable. maybe just to spook china/russia that we have secret tech (when maybe we're just spoofing our own sensors). maybe just to further cover for other secret projects. maybe to get us ready for the big reveal.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Planet of Vampires has some disturbing imagery that definitely influenced Alien. The Visitor is another great Italian film, combo of Close Encounters and The Omen.

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died

Vermain posted:

the 1989 mcpherson tape is hard to find but it predates the blair witch project and is a landmark in found footage as a genre. the final few shots are genuinely loving creepy as hell even with the low budget nature of the whole production

the upn version, which is a new version of the mcpherson tape with fake experts mixed in with a hood-winked Stanton T. Friedman, is always good for a laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pGcN3b1IRQ&t=1289s

efb

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://youtu.be/Q0jen5LilUc

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i didnt know the radar image had FLIR vid that accompanied it. spooky

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

jfc no wonder they were curious that ship is ugly as hell

e: and thats also why they went into the water, they died as a result

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Have there been notable sightings outside of America?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

WEH posted:

jfc no wonder they were curious that ship is ugly as hell

e: and thats also why they went into the water, they died as a result

USS Needledick

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

err posted:

yes

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

err posted:

Yes. Many. For decades. No other country has released military sensor data yet, though, so they're all just reports given by pilots and other involved personnel, so weight that however you feel appropriate.

edit: check my first post in the thread for transcribed examples.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/1398047184117927936

Pentagon confirms new Corbell video is authentic

Its interesting to me that the Pentagon is actually confirming these when they have no obligation to do so. They could just stonewall and refuse to comment if they wanted to. This makes me think the whole disclosure push is lowkey being directed by them

munce
Oct 23, 2010

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/1398047184117927936

Pentagon confirms new Corbell video is authentic

Its interesting to me that the Pentagon is actually confirming these when they have no obligation to do so. They could just stonewall and refuse to comment if they wanted to. This makes me think the whole disclosure push is lowkey being directed by them

It's 100% directed by them. Corbell even said the videos of the radar screens etc are shot by crews tasked specifically to do that for information management/ public relations purposes. There's definitely no one recording screens with a mobile phone inside a warship then leaking it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If another country is sending drones, is it as simple as humiliating the US by showing its military is vulnerable and impotent?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I'm very skeptical of all the "psyop" angles in general. But the motive as to why the pentagon is openly discussing this and confirming vids is confusing to think about. I have a really hard time believing that if they really believed they were an adversaries' drones, they wouldnt either be much more quiet, or wouldn't have recovered something by now just by sheer brute force. I know those are both just assumptions, because it's possible the drones really are using some new tech and the US got leapfrogged.

The simplest explanation is that the US gov really does have no idea what the hell these things are, and the stigma has just faded for some reason. Or that we actually are in for a piping hot plate of Disclosure Goulash but I myself think that the gov hasn't actually got anything themselves

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 05:36 on May 28, 2021

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
currently changing into a goblin as we speak, see you on the otherside.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If another country is sending drones, is it as simple as humiliating the US by showing its military is vulnerable and impotent?

If this was the case they could just not say anything and no one would know anything. They're going out of their way to make a big deal out of this, but why?

WHAT'S YOUR GAME USA I WANT ANSWERS!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i think it helps if you think of "the military"/"intelligence agencies"/"the pentagon"/"the government" less as monolithic entities and more as loose blobs of little bureaucratic fiefdoms that are bitchy/treacherous/insane/stupid to varying degrees.

Mola Yam has issued a correction as of 05:43 on May 28, 2021

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

munce posted:

If this was the case they could just not say anything and no one would know anything. They're going out of their way to make a big deal out of this, but why?

WHAT'S YOUR GAME USA I WANT ANSWERS!

if the goal is to literally drive us insane, well it's working because this is crack pinging me hard

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

I'm very skeptical of all the "psyop" angles in general. But the motive as to why the pentagon is openly discussing this and confirming vids is confusing to think about. I have a really hard time believing that if they really believed they were an adversaries' drones, they wouldnt either be much more quiet, or wouldn't have recovered something by now just by sheer brute force. I know those are both just assumptions, because it's possible the drones really are using some new tech and the US got leapfrogged.

The simplest explanation is that the US gov really does have no idea what the hell these things are, and the stigma has just faded for some reason. Or that we actually are in for a piping hot plate of Disclosure Goulash but I myself think that the gov hasn't actually got anything themselves

You also can't assume that disclosure is part of some well thought out plan; it might just be a very stupid plan.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

i think it helps if you think of "the military"/"intelligence agencies"/"the pentagon"/"the government" less as monolithic entities and more as loose blobs of little bureaucratic fiefdoms that are bitchy/treacherous/insane/stupid to varying degrees.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, I don't loving get it either. Either disclosure is getting close or this is some kind of disinfo tactic to distract against something else? I'm mostly joking but lmao if this is just a dumbass attempt at peeling off qanon morons into something more harmless

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Honestly it would be too smart if this was to peel qanon people back off into being harmless ufo people.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Bullfrog posted:

if the goal is to literally drive us insane, well it's working because this is crack pinging me hard

its fuckin awesome eh

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

WEH posted:

lmao if this is just a dumbass attempt at peeling off qanon morons into something more harmless

that would be hysterical lmfao. bravo because this poo poo is working on driving me insane too.

have some more bizzare articles. I should also mention that I've been seeing TheDrive so much on the ufos subreddit and I want to clarify I actually have no idea how credible of a website it is.

Border Patrol Helicopter Had Bizarre Encounter With Mysterious "Highly Modified" Drone (Updated)
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40724/border-patrol-helicopter-had-bizarre-encounter-with-mysterious-highly-modified-drone

Learjet And Airbus Had Strange Encounter With Mysterious Craft Over Arizona
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/19095/listen-in-as-a-learjet-and-an-airbus-encounter-a-mystery-craft-high-over-arizona

Airliner Encountered Unidentified Fast-Moving Cylindrical Object Over New Mexico
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39367/airbus-encountered-unidentified-fast-moving-cylindrical-object-over-new-mexico

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

My pet theory is that there is no intention behind this. Nobody is in charge, there is no agenda. It's neurons flashing in our collective REM sleep. June disclosure will be enough to justify everybody's beliefs and notions while not absolutely excluding any possibility because nothing can change. It is impossible to discern whether this is a real phenomenon, because both those words are void when nobody is actually communicating. And I don't even mean psyops or bots, I mean we actually are at a point of internet communication where it's impossible to discern what is real and what is deepfake. It's much more likely that everybody involved in leaking/pushing these UFO videos are part of a lovely CIA-esque masqurade to rope in outsider mythology back to boomer memes and even more likely the CIA doesn't even realize they are doing this. I feel the only interesting element of all of this is how spun out we are with the layers and compartmentalizing and chaos of culture narrative. There is no grand conspiracy, it's just dynamical systems and laced memories.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lampsacus posted:

My pet theory is that there is no intention behind this. Nobody is in charge, there is no agenda. It's neurons flashing in our collective REM sleep. June disclosure will be enough to justify everybody's beliefs and notions while not absolutely excluding any possibility because nothing can change. It is impossible to discern whether this is a real phenomenon, because both those words are void when nobody is actually communicating. And I don't even mean psyops or bots, I mean we actually are at a point of internet communication where it's impossible to discern what is real and what is deepfake. It's much more likely that everybody involved in leaking/pushing these UFO videos are part of a lovely CIA-esque masqurade to rope in outsider mythology back to boomer memes and even more likely the CIA doesn't even realize they are doing this. I feel the only interesting element of all of this is how spun out we are with the layers and compartmentalizing and chaos of culture narrative. There is no grand conspiracy, it's just dynamical systems and laced memories.

Can’t wait to see these videos played under narration about the cool zone in the next Adam Curtis documentary.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Can’t wait to see these videos played under narration about the cool zone in the next Adam Curtis documentary.
ah folk, as i was typing that my eyes rolled back and everybody else in the uni computer lab started chanting burial

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Radicals on the right, and the left, were now united towards a new mystery, one severed from visions of power. But it was only a fahntasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBlXtYrpy0

*stock footage of dancing aliens *

*clip of bill clinton playing the sax*

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

*blurry VHS footage of Donald Trump vigorously hugging a grey alien mascot costume outside the Las Vegas Trump hotel, camera slowly pans and zooms in on a frightened toddler Ivanka, hiding behind Ivana’s legs*

*ABC nightly news footage of Biden’s 1988 campaign stop at The Little A’Le’Inn in Roswell. He shakes the hand of a small rubber alien doll hanging from the wall and smiles. Footage slows down as narration begins. Biden sits at the counter and eats pancakes in slow motion*

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

*blurry VHS footage of Donald Trump vigorously hugging a grey alien mascot costume outside the Las Vegas Trump hotel, camera slowly pans and zooms in on a frightened toddler Ivanka, hiding behind Ivana’s legs*

*ABC nightly news footage of Biden’s 1988 campaign stop at The Little A’Le’Inn in Roswell. He shakes the hand of a small rubber alien doll hanging from the wall and smiles. Footage slows down as narration begins. Biden sits at the counter and eats pancakes in slow motion*
* He shakes the hand of a small rubber alien doll hanging from the wall and smiles sadly*

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Elizondo is now hinting there's going to be some kind of international disclosure type event in 3-4 months. We will see.

It's at around 49 minutes into the clip. Nothing much else new in there:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/spaced-out-radio/may-26-21-edging-towards-disclosure-with

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It'd be pretty sweet if an alien landed in front of the white house, declared that mankind doesn't merit actual relations and absolutely shouldn't receive advanced science or technology even with us ruining our planet. Then they hop back in the tictac and zoom into space faster than it took to deliver that message.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Tekne posted:

It'd be pretty sweet if an alien landed in front of the white house, declared that mankind doesn't merit actual relations and absolutely shouldn't receive advanced science or technology even with us ruining our planet. Then they hop back in the tictac and zoom into space faster than it took to deliver that message.

would it?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

munce posted:

Elizondo is now hinting there's going to be some kind of international disclosure type event in 3-4 months. We will see.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/spaced-out-radio/may-26-21-edging-towards-disclosure-with

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

munce posted:

That dude's a fraud, there's no evidence he's ever worked for the government and he spends most of his time self-promoting/coming up with truly out there batshit stuff.

That said, chalk me up as another person who is lapping all this stuff up regardless. My childhood self would be thrilled by all this new material. Thrilled and a little freaked out lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Barry Foster posted:

That dude's a fraud, there's no evidence he's ever worked for the government and he spends most of his time self-promoting/coming up with truly out there batshit stuff.

That said, chalk me up as another person who is lapping all this stuff up regardless. My childhood self would be thrilled by all this new material. Thrilled and a little freaked out lol

No.

https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/1386872125835812864