Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

what games are happening tonight

Blazers hopefully making up for Monday night

I guess suns/lakers too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Excuse me I will not brook julius Erving erasure

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Bucks/Heat 7:30 eastern
Suns/Lakers 10 eastern
Nuggets/Blazers 10:30 eastern

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Suns/Lakers 10 eastern

looks like a home sweep

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bucks, Lakers, Nuggets will all win imo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Is Chris Paul still crippled?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Probably. He’s listed on the injury report but he’s going to play tonight.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
is it cool to talk about gambling i might start sports betting on basketball once the celtics are done

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:justpost:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

is it cool to talk about gambling i might start sports betting on basketball once the celtics are done

what happened after that

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

what happened after that

they made a documentary called "uncut gems"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao the lakers used their challenge after 15 seconds

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Watching Lakers Suns while working out and it appears that AD is given free throws every 80 or so seconds regardless of what's going on in the game. Meanwhile the entire Lakers defense body slams Ayton ever time he attacks the rim and he apparently still has zero (0) free throws this entire series.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just saw a Suns player get tackled on the fast break with no call, why am I bothering to watch this poo poo?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Watching Lakers Suns while working out and it appears that AD is given free throws every 80 or so seconds regardless of what's going on in the game. Meanwhile the entire Lakers defense body slams Ayton ever time he attacks the rim and he apparently still has zero (0) free throws this entire series.

the suns don't learn that cheating doesn't pay

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol the suns teamwide baby meltdown

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It sucks to play against the NBA’s main character

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It sucks to play against the NBA’s main character

especially poorly

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

especially poorly

yes that’s true also

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chris Paul being crippled pretty much dooms this Suns team, he's worse than a backup player at this point and they're still playing him. He may as well have one hand ties behind his back.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vox Nihili posted:

yes his shoulder is completely hosed, he should just get the operation now as even if he sat for a week and they somehow won the series he'd be in the same exact position. it's one of those injuries where unless you get it surgically repaired it's waaaaaaaaaay more likely to reoccur, and even with the operation it's iffy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chris Paul actually kind of sucks when you think about how he practically never helps his teams in the playoffs. if he could stay healthy he'd be a top ~ten player all time even without winning a ring

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dude went vegan to reduce tissue inflammation and was healthy as a horse all year, and he gets knocked out by something completely dumb and random basically immediately. Such a bummer.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

indigi posted:

yes his shoulder is completely hosed, he should just get the operation now as even if he sat for a week and they somehow won the series he'd be in the same exact position. it's one of those injuries where unless you get it surgically repaired it's waaaaaaaaaay more likely to reoccur, and even with the operation it's iffy

it's a stinger, there's nothing you can do about it. carson palmer had it in like 2014 and it took 3 weeks for the nerve to come back to life

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I'm no CP fan but this poo poo really sucks from a neutral watching the matchup point or view. All the cool underdog teams keep getting hurt!!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer is trying anything and everything to awaken the sleeping nerve in his right throwing shoulder.

Palmer has already tried electrical stimulation therapy, ice, massage, acupuncture, dry needling and art machines as healing aids. The most extreme measure, he said, was electrical shock therapy that made Palmer jump with every volt.

None of it has worked, but Palmer and coach Bruce Arians said they see progress every day.

to give you an idea of the tools that a billion dollar team has at its disposal for dealing with this kind of injury

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hifi posted:

it's a stinger, there's nothing you can do about it. carson palmer had it in like 2014 and it took 3 weeks for the nerve to come back to life

I read that it was a partial dislocation, idk if it's the same thing as a stinger

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Missed the game but apparently the blazers lost. I’m assuming they got jobbed by the refs as that’s the only explanation that fits both the facts and my emotions, which are equally real.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

Missed the game but apparently the blazers lost. I’m assuming they got jobbed by the refs as that’s the only explanation that fits both the facts and my emotions, which are equally real.

Austin Rivers looked unstoppable when I tuned in for the fourth quarter so it was probably pretty funny overall.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Austin Rivers looked unstoppable when I tuned in for the fourth quarter so it was probably pretty funny overall.

hosed over by nepotism… this world is so corrupt

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indigi posted:

Chris Paul actually kind of sucks when you think about how he practically never helps his teams in the playoffs. if he could stay healthy he'd be a top ~ten player all time even without winning a ring

he almost beat harden's rockets last year with a team of bench players on okc, and he beat the defending champ spurs singlehandedly with the clippers. he also probably would have won a ring or two with houston if the dynasty warriors weren't in the league

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

Bucks, Lakers, Nuggets will all win imo

Doing another victory lap

Tomorrow I like ATL/Brooklyn for sure and I cannot decide the Mavs/Clips game to save ny life. I say Mavs go up 3-0 because it's the funniest outcome

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm no CP fan but this poo poo really sucks from a neutral watching the matchup point or view. All the cool underdog teams keep getting hurt!!!

the cool underdog team this year is the Lakers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Suns/Lakers 10 eastern

heat didn’t show up and are hobbled by one way players . bam is a fraud

suns lost one of the mvp Canidates to injury and strangely constructed a team with only one center who isn’t that good at defense . I pointed out they needed more and better centers forever

blazers missed a lot of shots and also only have one center . I don’t know why teams in the west don’t have more centers it’s inexplicable .

I have to admit jokic is pretty good .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

the missed a lot of shots and were forced to play kanter

Austin Davis !!!! went off for some reason

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

he almost beat harden's rockets last year with a team of bench players on okc, and he beat the defending champ spurs singlehandedly with the clippers. he also probably would have won a ring or two with houston if the dynasty warriors weren't in the league

if his hamstring staid together that one year they would have won in Houston

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/kellanolson/status/1398149016777416710?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hate watching the Lakers because it's nothing but bad reffing and Anthony Davis acting like he's been murdered.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why you need a good def center part 1000 million

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1398339442859991040?s=21