Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Compare the Kier twat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
That's your snipe, you're not getting anything better sorry

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

You'll be happy to hear that last night my not-very-left-wing CLP passed a bunch of votes in a clean sweep to the left, including a VONC in Starmer. Also, this guy ran for conference delegate:

https://twitter.com/Ed_Owen/status/1390634750289846272

and got beaten by the "committed Marxist revolutionary activist" mentioned further down the thread.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I did, however, screencap it.

That's got "the gorilla channel" written all over it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I strongly suspect it's a fake quote.

I also assume this but it is still funny.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Some kind of weasel or maybe a snake?

Actually that's too kind. Maybe a slime mould. Or do they make some kind of jellyfish but with even less of a spine???

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Keep pushing Starmer on it long enough and he'll probably accidentally admit to it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Show us the long form kieth certificate!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1398229883210305536

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The kerning in that letter is so unbelievably awful it has to be deliberate.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

TACD posted:

The kerning in that letter is so unbelievably awful it has to be deliberate.

There's probably a secret message encoded in those spaces if only we could decipher it.

I reckon we should get Erich, Giorgio and Bill on the case.

Ed: on further investigation I note that the letter is 'justified' (as in across the whole column width - not in the 'they are right' sense!). But the column is so narrow it leaves the big gaps.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 28, 2021

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I’m just old enough to remember the Burton rag & bone man shouting “RaaaaAAAAAAAA - BOO-EN!” If you took him some rags or bit of scrap metal he’d give you a goldfish and you could put it in grandad’s birdbath and watch it die.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

As the topic of endurance sports was under discussion a few days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/28/an-ultramarathon-ends-in-tragedy-runners-describe-horror-of-gansu-race

quote:

An ultramarathon ends in tragedy: runners describe horror of Gansu race
Twenty-one competitors died in the freezing Chinese mountains, raising major questions about safety in the sport

etc

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bessantj posted:

When will this dairy Londondairy based violence end?!

Fixed that for you.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

absolute heroic story of a shepherd saving the lives of six people too, one of which he went out into the storm to carry to safety who was unconscious

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Jel Shaker posted:

absolute heroic story of a shepherd saving the lives of six people too, one of which he went out into the storm to carry to safety who was unconscious

Yes, amazing.

Separate link for the shepherd's story:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/25/shepherd-hailed-for-saving-six-runners-in-deadly-china-ultramarathon

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

OwlFancier posted:

I also assume this but it is still funny.

If its funny its real

Cameron hosed a dead pigs mouth
Ian Austin nonces dogs
Keith Starmer wanted to make a rap video
Jo Swinson murders squirrels

Its true, all of it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

There is 0% chance starmer or one of his team hasn't suggested a rap video

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This relates to something I was talking to my Sister-in-law about.

In our current society, Plants are the new Pets. Pets are the new children.
And children are either an unaffordable luxury we can't have, or treated like your best mate. Just too young to go to the pub with.

Some people are really protective of their pets.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Llarry the Llabour Llama.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Big horsecock Labour fursona.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

When I had two kitties, they were my substitute children. And I'm not ashamed of that. I loved those two beasties. They relied on me 100% for food, care. (let alone the conversations we used to have - "miaow?" "miaow"

They lived with me from 8 weeks old to 16 and 17 years old, were with me through fair times and foul - bereavements, breakups, other emotionally traumatising events, travelled 3000 miles in the bottom of an airplane to my new life. I have their photos displayed on my bookshelves and I also have the favourite toy of each (washed!) still: the fluffy bunny he stole off Walthamstow market (somewhat dilapidated after over 10 years of being a cat's plaything) and a small white toy mouse which she would proudly bring to me at 2 or 3 am miaowing proudly and deposit on my bed somewhere.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The Question IRL posted:

And children are either an unaffordable luxury we can't have, or treated like your best mate. Just too young to go to the pub with.

Eh none of the people I know who've had kids treat then that way

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other NI news the DUP spent yesterday walking out on each other, knifing each other in the back and shouting “Splitters!!l”

They’re doomed as a political force

https://twitter.com/rodneyedwards/status/1398166359700299778

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sanford posted:

I’m just old enough to remember the Burton rag & bone man shouting “RaaaaAAAAAAAA - BOO-EN!” If you took him some rags or bit of scrap metal he’d give you a goldfish and you could put it in grandad’s birdbath and watch it die.

This is the most depressing sentence I've read in a while

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Dead Goon posted:

This nearly made me spit my tea out.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Dead Goon posted:

Had to be put down because it was llame

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I reckon it's Boris what shagged a dog, them Tories has taken us from hog nonce to dog nonce.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

goddamnedtwisto posted:

counter-revolutionary internal combustion.

Milkies around here used to do eggs, cheese, yoghurt and off-brand lemonade too.

While I'm :corsair:-ing - and cos I've just heard an ice cream van - what happened to <x> men? Not X Men although they all seemed to disappear around the time superhero movies started up. We used to have the eel man (sold jellied eels and shellfish out of the back of a van), the Corona man (sold Corona soft drinks off the back of a van like that one up there, 5p more for one out of the fridge behind the cab), two different butchers selling out of lorries (one sold whole and half-carcasses, the other did off-cuts and sausages), and (the most evocative of all for kids who grew up in Tower Hamlets) the toffee-apple man, who sold hand-made toffee apples out of the topbox on his Honda Cub.

Now all we've got left is an ice cream man and tbh they're looking a bit down-at-heel.

Rejoice, for next year there will be a Fudge man in a Fudge van. Though my patch is about 180 miles NW of your turf.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Crankit posted:

I reckon it's Boris what shagged a dog, them Tories has taken us from hog nonce to dog nonce.

Boris has at least 6 kids.
No way he has just shagged just one animal.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I strongly suspect it's a fake quote.

still, i can think of a few likely looking suspects off the top of my head

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

The Question IRL posted:

this post has extreme boomer energy OP

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Kids these days with their plants and cats and onlyfans and snapchat and 56k modems

Back in my day we had a stick with poo on it and we liked it just fine

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
On the same subject I found this twitter thread really interesting, on the way children in industrialised societies are coerced into dependence on adults (in a much more far reaching way than 'we used to play outside') and how that's actually quite a recent and very problematic thing:

https://twitter.com/gp_jls/status/1397660220365709313?s=20

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

counter-revolutionary internal combustion.

Milkies around here used to do eggs, cheese, yoghurt and off-brand lemonade too.

While I'm :corsair:-ing - and cos I've just heard an ice cream van - what happened to <x> men? Not X Men although they all seemed to disappear around the time superhero movies started up. We used to have the eel man (sold jellied eels and shellfish out of the back of a van), the Corona man (sold Corona soft drinks off the back of a van like that one up there, 5p more for one out of the fridge behind the cab), two different butchers selling out of lorries (one sold whole and half-carcasses, the other did off-cuts and sausages), and (the most evocative of all for kids who grew up in Tower Hamlets) the toffee-apple man, who sold hand-made toffee apples out of the topbox on his Honda Cub.

Now all we've got left is an ice cream man and tbh they're looking a bit down-at-heel.

We used to have a fish man who'd give me free prawns as a kid and also a bread man

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

The idea of childhood innocence seems to me like something that predates the mid-19th century and wasn’t invented by Americans.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Americans invented children in order to sell gender reveal parties, before then we just came fully formed from sea foam or out of gods' heads and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dead Goon posted:

Careful, they wouldn't want to risk associating with Welsh Labour.