Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The only other options are through dispatch rewards or the new crafting system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

bagrada posted:

Now I need to figure out how to get more mandalay crystals, or whichever you need 1000+ of per transcended character. I'm guessing it means playing squad battle more than once per day on autoplay.

If you're already hitting the 800k points threshold in squad battle (edit: and you're in the highest league possible, the rewards improve as you get promoted) then yeah, the only other sources are the idle dispatch rewards and converting other materials in the new craft system.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 27, 2021

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

A CTP of Regeneration... great...

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The Dave posted:

A CTP of Regeneration... great...

Same, plus a Loki card I had already.

Thanks for the red candy advice, I'll check out the new crafting and work up dispatch some more.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Bit late to remember, but one other marginal source for Mandalay gems and other T3 mats is the advanced glory token shop, if you bet on the right whale (usually Karllcl).

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Talk me out of spending nearly seven thousand crystals on Invisible Woman.

Also confirm my suspicions that I should have been putting more effort into uru and...type enhancement (I had to look up what that stuff was, with the little boxes you get after Giant Boss Raids). I've got a whole ton of what Cynicalex calls near-gods that couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

Also also, please point me to a walkthrough of dispatch missions, since I've stalled out at 5-4.

Thanks, love you

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Talk me out of spending nearly seven thousand crystals on Invisible Woman.

Also confirm my suspicions that I should have been putting more effort into uru and...type enhancement (I had to look up what that stuff was, with the little boxes you get after Giant Boss Raids). I've got a whole ton of what Cynicalex calls near-gods that couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

Also also, please point me to a walkthrough of dispatch missions, since I've stalled out at 5-4.

Thanks, love you

Invisible Woman and Doctor Doom are solid but not meta. Eventually Doom will get a T3 but it might be a while. They can wait if you have better things to buy.

I'm right there with you on dispatch, just failed getting my "bring 1+ creature" on 5-3 I think it was by about 3 seconds. I'm going to have to T3 Vision to finish that objective I think. Or find better carries. Cynicalex has a YouTube guide to teams but I haven't watched it yet.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dumped a crap ton of BAM and gold to level up Proxima from 3* no mastery. Hope Black Dwarf and Supergiant aren't great so I don't have to do the same with them.

Hoping Ebony is the real deal since I've got him to 62.

I've stalled out at 8 on Dispatch, but I ignored objectives on 7 and just did the best clears I could so I'm at least getting something.

Uru, and it's apex form of Odin's Blessings, are pretty big deals. It's a boring chore to combine them all since they can also fail to combine and waste your time further. Also, awakening your ISO is good too. It's just boring and unfun to spend time doing that.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Grabbed Valkyrie's costume while it was on sale and was figuring it'd be a cheat code for dispatch but didn't get past my current roadblock at 7-1. How much development does Valkyrie need to be a good support? Fully upgraded costume, fully transcended, etc?

bagrada posted:

Invisible Woman and Doctor Doom are solid but not meta. Eventually Doom will get a T3 but it might be a while. They can wait if you have better things to buy.

Building on this, what is a good way to prioritize crystal use? I've previously saved for and grabbed Moonstone and Jean Grey Deluxe packs and am probably good on costumes for a bit. Options include:
- Deluxe Packs for X-Force or Guardians of the Galaxy
- Any of the Extreme Legendary Battles
- Characters in the Store like Black Order, Odin, Dormammu, etc.
- Card gambling
- ...or just keep saving

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

For the extreme legendary battles, take a look at the rewards, specifically for the CTPs they might offer, and see how much it would take you to earn it. I grabbed Spider-man's because the selector was fairly easy to get, but you are basically paying 2500 minus whatever small amount of crystals you can earn back for a guaranteed CTP, compared to gambling for it.

I wouldn't gamble on premium cards now, you can get 1 every 2 months for free if you play enough to get all the rewards every month from the default track.

Odin is really good if you can get him to T3, I can't yet since I derailed into some cheaper peeps and now working on Knull. Dormammu is a pvp character I think, and not a great one? I've ignored him so far.

If you have Beta Ray Bill built up you're set for GOTG, Gladiator isn't very good. Ditto X-Force and Stryfe. I loved Psylocke and found her really good when she was new but she's been left behind a bit.

Jury is still out on Black Order. Proxima T3 and Corvus awakened both look fairly good.

All that said, if you think a costume or character are cool it might be worth the gems to you even if they aren't "meta". I bought all the Black Order costumes (thanks to the 1k free gems for the last one) because I like the look and don't care if they good. If they are its a nice bonus.

Valkyrie - she helps against WB/UWB at T2. Her costume gives a bigger bonus and doesn't necessarily need to be upgraded. Fully transcending her lets you use her against Knull and Mephisto. She might help give you extra damage against the dispatch boss if its a supervillain but will clear waves slower than someone better. I'd use her more for the world bosses.

I'm a casual who is bad at the game but still like talking about it and collecting so grain of salt and all that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I still need to figure out how to make Odin great. His rotation looks complicated and annoying.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It may look complicated but he really just relies on 3 skills; 4, 5, and 6. 5 is canceled right when big Odin pops up, then 6 if he has it is canceled when the big circle hits the ground, then 4. If no 6, then just 5c4.

What happens is the 5 starts raining meteors, 6 is hitting, and so is his 4 spear, all at the same time. With rage, the damage gets crazy.

Then just go across 3c1c2 and let the little animation play until you can cancel into 5 again.

It looks complicated but, in practice, he's one of the easier characters.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Is Torch as good with rage as Moonstone? I don't have an extra judgment.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now that I’m clearing Mephisto doing him 5x a day is way quicker and less stressful as Knull.

What Moonstone does to him is criminal.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bobmcdynamite posted:

Is Torch as good with rage as Moonstone? I don't have an extra judgment.

I put Rage on my Torch and he's not that great with it. It seems like he really needs the Judgment to shine, though maybe an Energy or proc will work. It was just frustrating for me when I played him with a fire damage + proc obelisk because it'd trigger on the wrong skill too often.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Forgot to do the dispatch x 5 challenge yesterday... sigh there's always one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What is classified as Other for the dispatch missions? I can't figure it out and I can't find an other catagory.

Also Jesus christ I'm 80 ccf from getting t3 Odin and I haven't gotten a sing ccf from wbu since I started quarantine on Sunday.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I swear to god it knows when you're getting close and cuts you off

also this site is very handy for finding dispatch candidates https://21000dollor.com/attributes

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Mephisto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Dormamu, Sentinel are other types.

Edit: Got beat to the link

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Neather thing says what technokenetic abilities are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some post said these are technokinetic skills.

Deathlok (+ uni)
Dr. Octopus (+ uni)
Hulkbuster (+ unis)
Kingpin (secret wars uni only)
M.O.D.O.K (+ unis)
Ultron (+ unis)
Vision (+ uni)
Iron Man (+ unis)
Iron Heart
War Machine (+ unis)
Yellow Jacket (+ uni)
Whiplash
Giant Man (Pymtron uni only)
Ghost (+ uni)

So Iron Man/Ultron suit stuff I guess.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Technokinetic is the devs inconsistently translating their own game. If you use the filter, you want to search for characters with "Machine" abilities.

This post is pretty handy: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/mvdjhy/rare_types_and_some_clarifications_for_dispatch/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugggh. All that time getting Odin to t3 and loading him up with my best uru, and yea I still can't even getting close to beating dispatch 6-3. gently caress that guy on reddit was all :smug: about all you needed was a t3 Odin, white fox or Valkyrie to sail through all the dispatch missions.

Dodging isn't the problem, the problem is I can't do nearly enough damage to beat it!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm told Odin needs a CTP of Rage to work properly. So I took one I had on Namor and put it on him.

I'm up to 8.1 but can't get past that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well poo poo It should really tell you switching destroys the equipped CTP and If you just want to pay to remove it you need to unequip it first.

Lost one CTP of rage I had on sentry but I had a second on thor

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Marvel just finished streaming a preview of Future Revolution, an upcoming mobile ARPG. On one hand it looks like a worse Future fight in a lot of ways, on the other its supposedly open world with travel powers. I just caught the tail end where they played a spider-man mission. Lots of repetitive voice clips but they got Mark Hamill for Green Goblin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fO2hdc1uzQ

Eight characters at release: Star Lord, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Storm, Captain America, Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange. You get a costume for pre-registering. I wonder how many people will think its an outright sequel.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have room for only one super hero phone game addiction.

I got 2 Professor X bios from Danger Room! Maybe in like a year I'll get 2 more! This is not snark! I was genuinely excited!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Watching Future Revolution gameplay is bringing back repressed memories of a whole lot of f2p MMOs.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I have room for only one super hero phone game addiction.

I got 2 Professor X bios from Danger Room! Maybe in like a year I'll get 2 more! This is not snark! I was genuinely excited!

Nice! I haven't seen any of the rarer x-genes from DR yet. I ended up shelling out for Prof X (and his wheelchair uniform) when they made him a package deal just before the anniversary. Then I dumped all my resources into Knull for two months and didn't finish getting Prof X to T3 so it was a waste of crystals probably.

Abomination is now the only character I don't have*. Part of me doesn't care because he's not that good (either as a character or in gameplay). But part of me hopes they make him a package deal soon because (movie spoiler) he's fighting Shang Chi in an arena in the latest trailer for that movie.

*besides Mephisto, but I can chump him with Moonstone and am up to 7 bios or so. I might start working on more teams to clear him since I have 5 that can clear Knull now. Sharon Rogers with Star Lord lead and whoever support was my 5th kill. I got her an energy CTP by using my mega costume 6* on Killmonger to get one from the BP legendary battles extreme which I bought a few years ago. Only trouble she has with Knull is the very last phase where its hard to get enough accumulation built up to finish him off, and maybe I'm missing something for that, or need to work on her urus or something.

As for other games, I will definitely skip Future Revolution. I was interested in DC Unchained for a while but I think they cancelled that after never officially releasing it in the US.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The Zemo costume does the dance, rocketing it to S-tier

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't see if they'll have Future Revolution PC client?

hup posted:

The Zemo costume does the dance, rocketing it to S-tier

Yea i saw he wasn't getting a upgrade or t3 so i wasn't going to grab it but then i saw him dancing and i paid for it. So at the end of the guided quest do you have enough mats to T3 someone or get a T3 ticket?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't see if they'll have Future Revolution PC client?

Yea i saw he wasn't getting a upgrade or t3 so i wasn't going to grab it but then i saw him dancing and i paid for it. So at the end of the guided quest do you have enough mats to T3 someone or get a T3 ticket?

I started it for Loki because of the show, figuring he'll get a good costume eventually since there are a lot of options. They walk you through a bunch of quests like upgrading his potential, doing world boss/timeline/co-op, leveling him up, getting all his gear to 21. Completing each tier gets you a minor bit of materials. It's kind of like a mini-epic quest overall, including offering you more rewards and a T3 ticket if you buy the ~5700 crystal upgrade.

I'm guessing if you complete the guided questline in the end it will advance them from T2 70 4x25 to T3, saving you some mats, but still requiring you to gear them up and level them first. Buying the 2500 crystal package gives you 6 more chars to choose from and a meager amount of bonus T3 mats. Then buying the 5700 crystal package gets you more rewards including a 1500 crystal refund over time, but also grants you a T3 ticket to straight up get one of the 12 (I'm assuming) at T3.

week later edit: the guided questline makes you gear up and advance to T3 normally but you do get a small amount of T3 mats as rewards for earlier steps.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 9, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I chose Vision as the white suit makes him useful, and he and Ant Man are the only options i don't have at t3.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh I feel so stupid, there were 2 event shops, one that closed today and one yesterday and I got confused on which one was the good one so even though i had 650 event coins, i forgot to buy anything from the shop.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh I feel so stupid, there were 2 event shops, one that closed today and one yesterday and I got confused on which one was the good one so even though i had 650 event coins, i forgot to buy anything from the shop.

Hate it when that happens. They added the red timers but the text is so small and the reminders show up so far in advance, that they are really no help at all.

I upped Odin to T3 after finally finishing Knull. My next goal is to figure out Dispatch 5-5 and beyond. I just got the boss to like 1% hp when time ran out so I'm getting closer.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I mostly like the UI changes but it's definitely made it easier to miss out on/forget about event stuff.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

If it makes you feel better I've yet again spent all that on getting one of the silly CTPs.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Cool, I apparently did that too! Cramming all the event stuff in that tiny corner wasn't a great UI choice, imo.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The Dave posted:

If it makes you feel better I've yet again spent all that on getting one of the silly CTPs.

Yeah what the gently caress do I do with Patience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Most other games have their event shops open a few days after the event ends, FF seems to actively want to avoid giving their players free stuff.