Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Sega are going all out. tears rolling down my cheek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imW0lhLaCZw

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The Neal! posted:

Anyone know where the ps4 Disco Elysium is in terms of playability? It's in special in Australia but last I heard the play station version was in a pretty bad state?

I'm playing the PS4 version in Australia on a slim PS4 and have had no issues yet after a couple of long sessions with the game.

If you mean control-wise, it feels a bit weird at first with DS4 and isn't well explained but after a bit of time it felt just fine.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 28, 2021

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

yeah the explanation for controls is a little slim. thankfully you can just pause and look at the controls, after a while the ‘right stick > interact’ functionality feels natural.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

It's Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World day, my friends! Whoop whoop first "new" Wonder Boy for 2 years hooray!

Glad they've added an Easy difficulty because the original was some straight up bullshit - the last dungeon was such a ridiculous difficulty spike. They've also added save anywhere to the pause menu, which will also help because you couldn't save in dungeons before.

It's a little bit pricey at £30 tho IMO, it loses the metroidvania aspects of the preceding games so it's basically completely linear, and it also loses the RPG-lite aspects of making your character more powerful - but at the same time that does side step the grinding that older games (especially Wonder Boy in Monster World) kind of required to get the best gear.

Still though, it looks a lot less cheap now it's done than when they first showed it off, and it's Wonder Boy so I can't not play it...

Edit: oh but they can gently caress off with only bundling the original game with the (very limited) physical versions - that's very lame.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/108/status/1398021754438799366?s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've never played a Jak game

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried to play the first one when they gave the collection away with PS+ but it just felt like a dated 3D platformer that you probably already needed nostalgia for to really dig it. IMO.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
More remakes for the remake gods

Have they started the Elden Ring remake yet?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sega are going all out. tears rolling down my cheek

Going all out with no rollback lmao

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jak 1 is really really good! Jak 2 is uh..misguided at best and terminally difficult. Jak 3 is pretty good, Daxter is alright, Jak X was fun and had a Queens of the Stone Age song, The Lost Frontier was bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think more games should be platformers with the two characters names.

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Mick and Mac as the Global Gladiators
Toejam and Earl
Joe and Mac
Kane and Lynch
Pop n Twinbee

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Toejam and Earl
Joe and Mac
Kane and Lynch
Pop n Twinbee

Sonc & Knuckles, c'mon!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Toejam and Earl
Joe and Mac
Kane and Lynch
Pop n Twinbee
Cookies & Cream!

The Mick and Mac / Joe and Mac thing did confuse me as a child

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Klonoa & more Klonoa

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Redezga posted:

I'm playing the PS4 version in Australia on a slim PS4 and have had no issues yet after a couple of long sessions with the game.

If you mean control-wise, it feels a bit weird at first with DS4 and isn't well explained but after a bit of time it felt just fine.

It took a month but most of the crashing has stopped, but the longer you play you'll still get the weird camera slowdown (after clicking something/dialogue, the camera takes several slow seconds to recenter itself around you) but that is much better than when it used to start happening after playing for 10 minutes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sonc & Knuckles, c'mon!

I have no idea how I forgot that (though I was just trailing off into jokes in the end).

Good grief. Forgetting the 3rd best Sonic game.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Rosencrantz can jump higher, but he runs a little slower

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Call & Duty

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

I have no idea how I forgot that (though I was just trailing off into jokes in the end).

Good grief. Forgetting the 3rd best Sonic game.

Don't you mean 3rd - and best - Sonic game??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

Don't you mean 3rd - and best - Sonic game??

I do not.

I mean third best.

Second best if you include Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

3) Sonic and Knuckles.
2) Sonic 3
1) Sonic Mania.

:hai:

Love my 2D sonics

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kazzah posted:

Rosencrantz can jump higher, but he runs a little slower

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Going all out with no rollback lmao

have they said so?

not really that big a deal tbh netcode in final showdown was pretty good.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 28, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

have they said so?

not really that big a deal tbh netcode in final showdown was pretty good.

They have yes

You're not wrong, but it could be better yet and it's just bit of a shame. I mean whatever, I'm in Aus, playing with me is terminally awful for anyone involved regardless. I spend my time in Granblue getting owned by Japanese teenagers who are off school early.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

don't worry, I would be a middling Lion with or without rollback

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Akuma posted:

It's Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World day, my friends! Whoop whoop first "new" Wonder Boy for 2 years hooray!

Glad they've added an Easy difficulty because the original was some straight up bullshit - the last dungeon was such a ridiculous difficulty spike. They've also added save anywhere to the pause menu, which will also help because you couldn't save in dungeons before.

It's a little bit pricey at £30 tho IMO, it loses the metroidvania aspects of the preceding games so it's basically completely linear, and it also loses the RPG-lite aspects of making your character more powerful - but at the same time that does side step the grinding that older games (especially Wonder Boy in Monster World) kind of required to get the best gear.

Still though, it looks a lot less cheap now it's done than when they first showed it off, and it's Wonder Boy so I can't not play it...

Edit: oh but they can gently caress off with only bundling the original game with the (very limited) physical versions - that's very lame.

Considering the lack of changes they might as well have just had the original game running underneath the new graphics like Dragon's Trap

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Redezga posted:

I heard the loading screens are absolutely brutal on PS4. Is that true? I’m considering waiting until whenever I get a PS5 now.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Toejam and Earl
Joe and Mac
Kane and Lynch
Pop n Twinbee

Bubba n stix

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Alien Isolation last night and it kicked rear end, but overall I didn't feel like the aliens were as threatening as they could have been. And the game relied a little too much on the android enemies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I was always glad when the androids were around because I didn't have to hide in a cupboard eating for the alien to go away then lol

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

hide in a cupboard eating

this is how I deal with my in-laws visiting

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Damnit lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly I was always glad when the androids were around because I didn't have to hide in a cupboard eating for the alien to go away then lol

Once you get the flamethrower the alien becomes way easier to deal with than the androids

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Once you get the flamethrower the alien becomes way easier to deal with than the androids

The flamethrower doesn't work forever. The Alien is always learning your tricks...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The flamethrower doesn't work forever. The Alien is always learning your tricks...

I never had it not work

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're testing the fire alarms at work and it sounds exactly like the Nostromo meltdown alarm :tinfoil:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

They're testing the fire alarms at work and it sounds exactly like the Nostromo meltdown alarm :tinfoil:

Better get to an airlock!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The DLC scenario which is the end of Alien on Nightmare difficulty is the peak of that game IMO. I love it, and it's nice and short, good poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Akuma posted:

The DLC scenario which is the end of Alien on Nightmare difficulty is the peak of that game IMO. I love it, and it's nice and short, good poo poo.

I might check out the DLC since I got the complete edition. It's cool that they got the original cast to reprise their roles. RIP Harry Dean Stanton and Yaphet Kotto

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Dinosaurs! posted:

I heard the loading screens are absolutely brutal on PS4. Is that true? I’m considering waiting until whenever I get a PS5 now.

I guess they're a little long but not so much it was an issue for me. I haven't seen the loading screen itself much outside of deaths/breakdowns and the occasional transitions between indoors and outdoors, but truth be told it hadn't really occurred to me that this was a problem with the PS4 version as I haven't compared it with any other platform.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Alien: Isolation is a masterclass in game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They're good, certainly better than the Ratchet and Clank series. I liked the 3rd one the most.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sonc & Knuckles, c'mon!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, get it straight jack

Sakurazuka posted:

Klonoa & more Klonoa

Lunatea's Veil is one of the all time greatest platformers. I'd totally be trying to shove veegy into streaming it if there was actually some way to play it that didn't involve playing hundreds of dollars. *caresses vintage copy*

VideoGames posted:

I do not.

I mean third best.

Second best if you include Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

3) Sonic and Knuckles.
2) Sonic 3
1) Sonic Mania.

:hai:

Love my 2D sonics

I must protest, Sonic 3 & Knuckles (fully locked) is better than Mania. Unlocked? Well...it's an open debate then, but I'd still edge toward S&K due to the quality of its levels by the standards of 25 years ago.