Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my head e1m1 is the one that's 8 floppy drives buzzing to make music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, apparently there's a Disgaea 6 demo? Have to give that a try tonight if I can pull away from Rise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

my head e1m1 is the one that's 8 floppy drives buzzing to make music

This is one of the very few good videos on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTtR6ZpUOo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Does it occur to you at all that maybe you're not perfect either if you're sitting here poo poo talking people who aren't even here anymore

someone literally asked hey what's up with that guy, that's the discussion

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DMCA poo poo going down on Twitch again. I'm beginning to think streaming sucks :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

DMCA poo poo going down on Twitch again. I'm beginning to think streaming sucks :)

Streaming is fine, it's the DMCA that sucks because it was created by crusty old men back in the 90s that didn't understand technology, computers, or the internet. Which is terrible because the internet was brand new and still evolving into what it is now.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Anyone planning on playing any games this holiday weekend? I was planning on helping my mom powerwash the deck but now it's gonna rain until Sunday so I think I'm gonna play more SM3DW and bbq and smoke a bunch of weed instead.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Anyone planning on playing any games this holiday weekend? I was planning on helping my mom powerwash the deck but now it's gonna rain until Sunday so I think I'm gonna play more SM3DW and bbq and smoke a bunch of weed instead.

Going to play a bunch of Yakuza Kiwami and maybe stream MGS1 at some point.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't powerwash because it's raining too hard? that's okay, just play powerwash simulator

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have set myself up where I have too many games to play again + I want to try Solasta so instead I'll probably play Overwatch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If it's only drizzling out I'm still gonna give it a try, only a 70% chance of rain anyway so maybe I'll get lucky and can blast some mildew

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

homeless snail posted:

can't powerwash because it's raining too hard? that's okay, just play powerwash simulator

been watching nyanners play this

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Was lucky enough to get a PS5 order to pickup on Sunday, so until then I'll be playing some Mass Effect and when it arrives I'll probably swap over to NieR.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

Was lucky enough to get a PS5 order to pickup on Sunday, so until then I'll be playing some Mass Effect and when it arrives I'll probably swap over to NieR.

Congrats!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm hoping to finally carve out a decent chunk of time with which to defeat the final boss of sekiro and maybe also finish sonic colors (original version)

though i also bought the my hero academia fighting game because it's on sale and my gf and i just binged all that's dubbed so far so maybe it'll just be a weekend of that instead

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hatty posted:

I bought the new Assassins creed for $20 and it was very boring

Where'd you get it for $20, if you don't mind sharing?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Saint Freak posted:

Forget it Simone, it's GAMERtown.

Having just recently watched Chinatown in full and not just in bits and pieces, I appreciate the coincidental timing of this post.:tipshat:

I just started AC Odyssey last night too, as it turns out. Having a pc that makes it look nice helps. I typically don't play as the woman in these types of games because I am a painfully uninteresting dweeb but I went with Kassandra cause the consensus I got was that her story just works a little bit better? Either way, as good a reason as any to play a little differently than I normally do.:)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I hope I put in some time with Final Fantasy 14 this weekend. It’s like my third time trying it so if it doesn’t take this time I think I have to give up. I also want to play some new Monster Hunter stuff.

Other than that I picked Digimon Story Cuber Sleuth back up on my Switch, and maybe I’ll start Yakuza 3 or Death Stranding now that Persona is done.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Game of the month: Anodyne 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rinkles posted:

Where'd you get it for $20, if you don't mind sharing?

It was $28 on Amazon a month of so ago and I had $10 promo credit.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/berserksouls/status/1398080329223741443

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Streaming is fine, it's the DMCA that sucks because it was created by crusty old men back in the 90s that didn't understand technology, computers, or the internet. Which is terrible because the internet was brand new and still evolving into what it is now.

Twitch is very silly though because they save any and all of your streams and videos on their end even if you delete everything on your own. So you can still get punished for something that does not exist anymore to pretty much everybody on the planet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My friend is playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time ever https://twitch.tv/karkalla this is the original 3 disc game being played on PlayStation 1.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNS7IqmZBbA

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Took cawaduty Cold War for a spin, since they are having a free weekend, and it's basically worse in every way compared to Modern Warfare. It feels so much worse to play, and the 80s theme is so poorly implemented. They just released Bruce Willis and Rambo (for 20 dollars each!) And every game is filled with the sad CGI corpse of John McClane.

Anyway, speaking as someone who enjoys the brain-dead grind of COD games: this is a bad one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My youtube account was recently striked and prohibited from monetization or something... except my channel is like a half dozen lovely videos nobody would watch, aren't entertaining, and aren't monetized. The problem was that one of my PRIVATE playlists had a title with a cussword in it that violated community guidelines. I appealed it or whatever and changed the poo poo to something else and several weeks later they took it off. Anyway the real problem with youtube is that the liked playlist is capped at 5,000 so now anytime I like something I'm bumping off an ancient video that I liked and will likely never see again now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Took cawaduty Cold War for a spin, since they are having a free weekend, and it's basically worse in every way compared to Modern Warfare. It feels so much worse to play, and the 80s theme is so poorly implemented. They just released Bruce Willis and Rambo (for 20 dollars each!) And every game is filled with the sad CGI corpse of John McClane.

Anyway, speaking as someone who enjoys the brain-dead grind of COD games: this is a bad one.

I just like the Nuketown 24/7 mosh pit mode.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

one of the streamers I watch the most, moonmoon, just deletes his VODs after every stream and has them rehosted elsewhere to avoid problems. that's probably easy for him, but I don't know how much smaller streamers depend on VOD views

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant posted:

My youtube account was recently striked and prohibited from monetization or something... except my channel is like a half dozen lovely videos nobody would watch, aren't entertaining, and aren't monetized. The problem was that one of my PRIVATE playlists had a title with a cussword in it that violated community guidelines. I appealed it or whatever and changed the poo poo to something else and several weeks later they took it off. Anyway the real problem with youtube is that the liked playlist is capped at 5,000 so now anytime I like something I'm bumping off an ancient video that I liked and will likely never see again now.

Maybe instead of getting any work done I'll clear my Watch Later queue....

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Wasn't the last one of these widely considered to be one of the best shooters when it comes to straight forward military guys shooting each other PvP? I seent people praising both the gun mechanics and stuff itself, but also even liking the progression system whatever it was. I don't think I'd ever buy one unless they made it so you can do the whole thing non-lethally (or I'll do lethal if they give me a bow) or by being a Medic only, but had a friend sucked into that game all last year and the way he described it made me at least wanna try it out just to see what "good gunplay mechanics" is all about.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe instead of getting any work done I'll clear my Watch Later queue....

Truly, spend time with your playlists before they all grow up and grow distant.

At one point I made a new playlist of like backups to transfer over the tail end of my likes when I noticed the problem, but had already lost years by that point and it's a huge PITA and I couldn't find a way to automate it.

There's this one video by someone who used to be called 11wheels or something and it was just them in a car flipping off some birds and saying gently caress u to those birds or something like that. Now it's gone forever to me

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 28, 2021

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I play cold war once a week with some friends since it came with my video card. I played modern warfare on the xbox 360 a little and never played another one since this one. I play with a group of about 3-6 people and it's really fun, I like it. I do turn ray-tracing off since it's a large performance hit and I honestly can't notice any difference (ray-tracing is a scam). I also enjoy nuketown but there are multiple good maps.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Wasn't the last one of these widely considered to be one of the best shooters when it comes to straight forward military guys shooting each other PvP? I seent people praising both the gun mechanics and stuff itself, but also even liking the progression system whatever it was. I don't think I'd ever buy one unless they made it so you can do the whole thing non-lethally (or I'll do lethal if they give me a bow) or by being a Medic only, but had a friend sucked into that game all last year and the way he described it made me at least wanna try it out just to see what "good gunplay mechanics" is all about.

COD: Modern Warfare felt and was extremely good to play yes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redreader posted:

I play cold war once a week with some friends since it came with my video card. I played modern warfare on the xbox 360 a little and never played another one since this one. I play with a group of about 3-6 people and it's really fun, I like it. I do turn ray-tracing off since it's a large performance hit and I honestly can't notice any difference (ray-tracing is a scam). I also enjoy nuketown but there are multiple good maps.

Ray tracing owns so hard and I can't wait to get away from all this fake shake n bake bullshit. Nothing ever looks good up close and so much poo poo is pixelated SNES sprites crinkled up to make trees and bushes and mirrors are always horseshit with turdy rear end reflection maps, glass acts all hosed up, skin always lookin kinda wrong, hair be looking like ribbons of 2d crinkle cut fries, water just be a picture of water over a plane, seeing one pixel stretched four inches wide, be putting fake invisible light manipulators everywhere.

for any competitive fps you should be using wireframe mode with only hitboxes visible

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Oh, I meant Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), Not Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (2016).

And yes, shooting the guns in that game felt real nice.

I know the games are basically a skinner box scenario, but sometimes that's what I want, I find it oddly relaxing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Oh, I meant Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), Not Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (2016).

What a world we live in

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I got a 2060 Super which is basically juuuust good enough to do ray tracing, but with fps fluctuating between 40 and 55. I always turn it off after going "Oooh! Ahhh!" for a few minutes to get back to stable fps

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I feel I should warn you all that we're only a few weeks away from the Legend of Mana remaster at which point I will never stop talking about it until every single one of you has purchased it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm working on Saturday, but I have Sunday Monday off and I'll mostly be banging my head against Delubrum Reginae in XIV for my relic weapon with maybe some Okami or FF4 inbetween.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm actually considering disabling VODs altogether on my channel. Don't wanna deal with the headache. Edit: done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I feel I should warn you all that we're only a few weeks away from the Legend of Mana remaster at which point I will never stop talking about it until every single one of you has purchased it.

i will not be purchasing it at this time