Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
ive started having nightmares about being inside places with groups of unmasked strangers

anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I get my poke tomorrow woo

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

RBC posted:

ive started having nightmares about being inside places with groups of unmasked strangers

anyone else?

In the earlier pandemic days yes, and I still remember in dreams if I'm not wearing a mask- but now I'm partially cognizant of the fact I'm dreaming (not enough to be lucid or wake up), just to the degree that I know if I'm infected in the dream, I just have to wake up to rid myself of it since the dreams aren't a continuous narrative

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Do it ironically posted:

I get my poke tomorrow woo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RBC posted:

anyone else?

try weed

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Terror Sweat posted:

Then don't work there?

wow you did it, you solved every problem workers have had :dumbbravo:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I thought are government has definitely proven that workers aren't people unless they work from home?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Then don't work there?

Long COVID can affect cognitive function, might want to get tested.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

Then don't work there?

This is the most privileged post I've seen in a Canada thread since "90k a year salary isn't really a lot."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i thought it was "90k a year isn't that uncommon", which depends on where you live really

i could be misremembering though

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
I kind of remember it as widely distributed scoffing about the possibility of living on 60k/year .. maybe it was 90k?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if i had $60k I would spend $30k on a nice piece of lakefront bush land in northern ontario and the other $30k on a 20 year supply of MREs

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
If I had 60k i would pay off my wife's student loans and then invest the $50 in a nice bottle of bubbly wine to celebrate with

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
barenaked ladies b-side "if I had sixty thousand dollars"

e: if I had $60k I'd buy your love

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

bunnyofdoom posted:

If I had 60k i would pay off my wife's student loans and then invest the $50 in a nice bottle of bubbly wine to celebrate with

:smith::respek::smith:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Terror Sweat posted:

Then don't work there?

There's literally nothing I can say to you that would help you realize what an inane statement this is because you're obviously beyond help. Good luck with that.

infernal machines posted:

do you know how many of your coworkers have had at least one vaccination shot?

No idea. I'm guessing that girl who had multiple COVID scares hasn't gotten around to it, and the guy who used to try to avoid washing his hands by using Lysol spray directly on his skin probably won't since he thinks it was made in a lab and it's only the flu as long as you're white. I had one dose of the Dolly Parton vaccine two weeks ago (today! 🎉) but my next one isn't until September.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lol Biden Trudeau and a bunch of other politicos are calling for an inquiry into the origin of covid and have suggested that it might not be natural so either they're all trying to deflect attention or maybe they're finally letting it drop that it really was a thing that got out of that lab in Wuhan.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

China was getting too big for its britches due to lack of international leadership from the United States for 4 years under Trump. This is what the West asserting itself looks like imo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillAAmos/status/1398105491797118978

Yeah, same guy again.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Learned about Club Ed from the thread, and I'm ex-mil. All I knew previously is you really didn't want to end up there, and if you did it could only be for two years.

Also LOL at that dude being an Officer Cadet, dude hadn't even managed to get his commission yet and got charged with mutiny. Mil folks that didn't work for a living, how long are you even an OC? Don't you get a commission automatically post initial training? Like, my understanding is this guy was basically a Private (R) getting in an insane amount of trouble. Impressively short career.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Virtual Russian posted:

Learned about Club Ed from the thread, and I'm ex-mil. All I knew previously is you really didn't want to end up there, and if you did it could only be for two years.

During Basic Training our NCOs would gleefully tell us about Club Ed and how they make your life as miserable as possible within the law. I got the feeling they wanted the same power.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

lol he’s playing the long game. soon he will be able to do whatever he wants in parliament and no one will demand an apology because they don’t want to watch him writhe on the ground and pinch his nipples

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Seek assistance with what exactly? Learning how to kill your audio/video in a zoom call? Or is he saying that these events are happening because of substance abuse issues?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anyone knowingly lying about being Metis to jump the vaccine queue is unironically and unpardonably a complete piece of poo poo, hth :metis:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cash crab posted:

No idea. I'm guessing that girl who had multiple COVID scares hasn't gotten around to it, and the guy who used to try to avoid washing his hands by using Lysol spray directly on his skin probably won't since he thinks it was made in a lab and it's only the flu as long as you're white. I had one dose of the Dolly Parton vaccine two weeks ago (today! 🎉) but my next one isn't until September.

i'm glad you got your first shot anyway. hopefully at least some of your coworkers aren't complete clowns because it looks a lot like they're going to be pushing for limited outdoor dining sooner than later.

i got my first shot a week ago today, but since it was through SDM my second hasn't been scheduled yet. "we'll call you" is always reassuring

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If by some miracle outdoor dining doesn't cause an immediate spike Doug is 100% gonna push for indoor dining real quick. Maybe before the end of June.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

If by some miracle outdoor dining doesn't cause an immediate spike Doug is 100% gonna push for indoor dining real quick. Maybe before the end of June.

they probably won't spike, if only because they didn't when we had outdoor dining for the entire summer last year. the cases actually dropped over the summer where both limited outdoor and limited indoor dining were open

if you look at the graph of infections per day, it's a pretty steady decrease from the initial wave until sometime in early september, the cause of which is surely unknowable

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

if you look at the graph of infections per day, it's a pretty steady decrease from the initial wave until sometime in early september, the cause of which is surely unknowable

truly a mystery for the ages

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there is a bump in july there i had forgotten about. not sure what that correlates with

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

there is a bump in july there i had forgotten about. not sure what that correlates with

Canada day?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the timing works, i guess i'd be a little surprised to see a single holiday drive a visible and sustained uptick in cases like that

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

EvilJoven posted:

Lol Biden Trudeau and a bunch of other politicos are calling for an inquiry into the origin of covid and have suggested that it might not be natural so either they're all trying to deflect attention or maybe they're finally letting it drop that it really was a thing that got out of that lab in Wuhan.

theres been a pretty serious questioning recently over the origin of covid and the expert consensus has shifted from "definitely not from a lab" to "probably from bats but small chance it was from a lab". it is really really important to figure out the origin and get it right and at least we have evidence now that the origin is in question and its not just people jumping to conclusions because they want to be racist against chinese people.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

DariusLikewise posted:

theres been a pretty serious questioning recently over the origin of covid and the expert consensus has shifted from "definitely not from a lab" to "probably from bats but small chance it was from a lab". it is really really important to figure out the origin and get it right and at least we have evidence now that the origin is in question and its not just people jumping to conclusions because they want to be racist against chinese people.

Actually it's about deflecting blame from the criminally, murderously negligent job that most Western governments have done in managing pandemic control, and shifting guilt onto the Red Menace to avoid culpability hth

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
*inside politician brain* hmmm, should I admit to callous disregard for human life in the name of corporate profits, or shift the blame onto evil communists of colour? decisions, decisions

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

drat horror queefs posted:

Actually it's about deflecting blame from the criminally, murderously negligent job that most Western governments have done in managing pandemic control, and shifting guilt onto the Red Menace to avoid culpability hth

It is certainly this.

Thought exercise: Let's just say this oopsied from a Chinese lab. Every government on the planet except for Aus/NZ just let it kill everyone unimpeded, so who is really to blame?

If someone ever does an actual biological attack using a custom virus, it will be the extinction of the human race.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Honestly, they could go before the UN Security council with proof that China released the virus on purpose and I still wouldn't believe them.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
shot done, got a Pfizer needle hurt way less than the flu shot for some reason I thought it would be painful like a tetanus

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Researchers in Guangdong discovered a novel respiratory coronavirus in pangolins in March 2019. All of the initial cases of covid-19 in humans came from a market known to sell live pangolins. The simplest explanation is that it came from a pangolin. The lab escape hypothesis is that covid-19 mutated in a mouse in the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and then somehow the only people who got sick from it were people who visited that wet market. That's extremely unlikely, we know how contagious this virus is. There's also even more insane theories that it was circulating unnoticed around the world for months before mutating in Wuhan, or that China was successfully covering up tons of cases elsewhere. That kind of conspiratorial thinking does veer into racism because it would require self-destructive collusion by almost everyone in China.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

it can both a deflection and a lingering question of origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Chamale posted:

Researchers in Guangdong discovered a novel respiratory coronavirus in pangolins in March 2019. All of the initial cases of covid-19 in humans came from a market known to sell live pangolins. The simplest explanation is that it came from a pangolin. The lab escape hypothesis is that covid-19 mutated in a mouse in the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and then somehow the only people who got sick from it were people who visited that wet market. That's extremely unlikely, we know how contagious this virus is. There's also even more insane theories that it was circulating unnoticed around the world for months before mutating in Wuhan, or that China was successfully covering up tons of cases elsewhere. That kind of conspiratorial thinking does veer into racism because it would require self-destructive collusion by almost everyone in China.

no u see the person from teh lab took it to hte market by accident and they covered it up because :tinfoil:FAAAAAAAART