Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah he usually does lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MIght just be Rocco's time to eat only prescription food like Rokit.

also yesterday I tattooed Witch Cat Lulu on my friend in a tattoo trade

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

well he pooped in his carrier so at least he's not constipated? or maybe he was and now isn't? just dropped him with the emergency vet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

good news: emergency vet says he's not blocked

bad news: since it's not an immediate emergency they can't admit him since they're at capacity

good news: my vet has appointment so I can get him in there

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rocco be healthy, damnit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

diagnosis: is cat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thinking back to the time i spent almost 4 digits on bun thinking she was dying and it turns out she was just mad i didn’t give her steak

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

his bladder is empty, there's no other things pointing at urinary problems so they're sending me home with some pain killers and something else I forgot to treat the symptoms. butthead.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

thinking back to the time i spent almost 4 digits on bun thinking she was dying and it turns out she was just mad i didn’t give her steak

well i hope you learned your lesson

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m glad Rocco seems to be ok.

Lulu enjoys her carrier, but only like this.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

gently caress SNEEP posted:

make sure to keep your cat fed or they will start to phase out of this dimension

Princess DemandyPants

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pictured: a very sick and stressed cat

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

computer angel posted:

Lump is resting easy because she completed all her daily cat tasks early; screaming for wet food, doing a foul poo poo in the litter box, and then passing out so hard she gets sleep apnea.

Schloopy is the High King Exalted Mystic Poobah of doing all three of these

especially snoring like a buzzsaw and stinko poops

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I had this stuck in my head earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Binary Badger posted:

Schloopy is the High King Exalted Mystic Poobah of doing all three of these

especially snoring like a buzzsaw and stinko poops

hell yeah

Sleeping beauty

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

You can just hear the tongue flapping from that pic

brrrrrrrbbbrrbbbrb

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Nose freckles are just soooo cute :kimchi:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

:imunfunny:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

MIght just be Rocco's time to eat only prescription food like Rokit.

also yesterday I tattooed Witch Cat Lulu on my friend in a tattoo trade

:eyepop:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trying to lidar scan cinnamon how do I get her to stop moving for 3 minutes

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

trying to lidar scan cinnamon how do I get her to stop moving for 3 minutes

do you have ketamine

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

O
M
G

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

an angel

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:allears:gosh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

🎶my daarling aaangeeel

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sigh. he's still going to the box a bunch. he otherwise seems totally fine and he's pooped at least once and his bladder feels small so idk maybe he's just constipated. hoping these meds get things moving some

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

.... and he just peed on the bed. a very small amount

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

is cat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that being said i will tap the thread title

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

.... and he just peed on the bed. a very small amount

Are you positive he isn't blocked? Maybe he has a UTI?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Are you positive he isn't blocked? Maybe he has a UTI?

literally had two unrelated vets say he's not blocked so I don't think it's that. I'm going to see how he is in the morning. I have them both closed in the office with the camera on the box so I'll have a better idea of how he's doing. it's possible the meds didn't kick in yet?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Endless Mike posted:

literally had two unrelated vets say he's not blocked so I don't think it's that. I'm going to see how he is in the morning. I have them both closed in the office with the camera on the box so I'll have a better idea of how he's doing. it's possible the meds didn't kick in yet?

Maybe he has some weird ureter/urethra inflammation that wouldn't show in the bladder? Did they give him any sub-Q fluids to see how quickly they worked through?

Oscar had an infection/blockage a few years ago and while they got to the root of it pretty quickly it did take a couple days until he was back to "normal" (no cat is ever normal)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah one of my boys had crystals and a UTI and it took about a week before he was fully back to normal litterbox routine.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Pip has fairly regular pee problems where he does tiny pees and scrabbles in the box a lot. he’s never been blocked and they just send us home with a week of painkillers. it usually takes 24-48 hours before he starts feeling like himself again and a couple of days before he’s peeing normally again.

we tend to start eating a lot of tuna in spring water and draining the van into his bowl, or giving him regular helpings of Mr Shoe’s lactose free milk. just keep him well hydrated and medicated.

take him back to the emergency vet if he’s straining and not peeing at all, but little pees are okay

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he's definitely doing little pees. like I said: he went on the bed 🙄

I went into the office this morning to give him some extra food and meds and he did little bit but was in there longer than normal. I'll keep watching I guess. camera showed he stopped trying at like 2:30 am overnight but who knows what that means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

regular vet is closed so I called the emergency vet. they said to give him another day to see if the meds start kicking in since he otherwise seems fine (though he wasn't interested in the new greenies, but that might be unrelated. he was definitely interested in getting some, just not these ones, it seems)

e: caught him peeing on the bed again. just a few drops but I suppose it's good something is coming out but the boys will be staying in the office today

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 29, 2021