Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today we swept the outside of the kindergarten for gravel. Two of the kids took some of the gravel, put it in a plastic bag and made themselves a gravel-baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heard at the kindergarten today:
"Milk comes out of the cow's butt. It pees milk!"
One kid composed a little song about how it didn't want to play outside.
"Everyone got blood inside of them."
"....no..."
"Yes! I do and you do."
"..no! You're kidding with me!"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/ktmartinez/status/1390750056760885258

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My kid's school recently had their annual standardized test and to get ready for that, they had a campaign that they were going to "rock the test" and come dressed as rock stars.

I told my daughter it's a shame I don't have all the silly stuff I wore in high school that they could wear, and sent her pictures of spiked bracelets, chain wallets, and studded leather belts to show her what I was talking about.

She said "You really used to wear this stuff? You used to be cool?"

Then she goes "I mean, your still cool but you used to be super cool." cause she's so sweet.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
A couple years ago I worked with a non-verbal 3-year-old who was juuuust starting to get some words, yes/no kind of thing, the most basic of basics, we celebrated every single one obviously but that didn't make it any less hilarious when I was sitting with him and he reached out both hands with the full finger-wiggling grab at my chest and yelled "BOOBIES".

Literally the third word in his inventory. Used correctly. Great job, kiddo

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

My dad got a letter recently from his 4-year-old granddaughter (with envelope-addressing help from her dad, of course):

"Dear (his name),

Please tell Nana to send more treats

Love, C"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
As someone with a 10 month old who now says dadadadadada like a mantra, I look forward to contributing

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/kph3k/status/1398069945657872387

https://twitter.com/iandenning85/status/1398092270449037313

*fades back in to hedge*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Some recent quotes from my nephew (2.5yo)

In my parents yard & the friendly neighbor lady came over by the hedge to say hi, so my dad asked if he wanted to go visit. Nephew says "That's a pretty good idea. That doesn't sound half bad!" and beelines for the neighbor's

Another day he got a glass of milk & said "you know, I actually quite like milk."

NB: These are my bad attempts at translating his weirdly old-fashioned and detailed Danish to English, but I definitely didn't talk all fancy like that when I was 2.5 lol

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Must be a pretty sheltered 11 year old.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Lord Bude posted:

Must be a pretty sheltered 11 year old.

:shhh: he doesnt have the internet & gets all memes via printouts from his parents

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A child my aunt babysits named her cat "Miaow", which I thought was cute until it was pointed out her mother has to yell "Miaow! Miaow!" like a crazy person when calling for it at which point it was super cute

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Friend’s 6-year-old is getting into the car with his brother for a week with the grandparents:

🧒🏼: Mom?
👩🏼‍🦰: Yes?
🧒🏼: When I’m gone this week please don’t move my special toys.
👩🏼‍🦰: OK kiddo
🧒🏼: And have all the sex you want!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:lol:

Kids know what's up!

Always meant to ask, what's the thread title from?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

a mysterious cloak posted:

:lol:

Kids know what's up!

Always meant to ask, what's the thread title from?

One poster was working as an English teacher in... I forget what country, but they printed out various comic strips with the dialogue removed so the students could write their own in. One student had Calvin on the phone referencing The Ring with the titular phrase.

E: Found it. It's the last one in the link.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

In order to end this derail, I offer Korean Calvin and Hobbes, vintage goodness from 2014:

Korean Kid Komix

Jade Rider has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Jul 26, 2021

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Ohhhhhhhhhh now it makes sense. That's hilarious.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/multiplebears/status/1424333120640270338

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

What is a soft play?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Beachcomber posted:

What is a soft play?

Like a play facility for little kids, where everything's padded so they can't hurt themselves if they fall over.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"gently caress"
"What did you say?"
"gently caress:haw:"
"Do you know what that means?"
"It means we crashed our bicycle."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, they're not wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

I mean, they're not wrong.

Yeah, I had to give them that one.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I sent my kids some pictures from my bike ride including one where I'm gross and sweaty and exhausted back in the car. My daughter texts me back "what's the matter with you in the last one?" I go "Girl, I was beat!" and she goes "oh no! someone beat you up while you were riding your bike? did you call the police?"

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Had a talk with my slightly autistic kid yesterday about how third grade is starting soon, and the topic of his old kindergarten came up.

Him: "I miss kindergarten so much."
Me: "Aww, you do?"
Him: "Yeah, I'm sad it burned down or whatever."
Me: "Wait what?"
Him: "Yeah, it's gone, that's why I had to go to school, didn't I?"
Me: "Um, NO? When kids are little they go to kindergarten and when they get older they go to school. That's how it works for every child. It's not gone, the building is still there!"
Him: :aaaaa: "Aaah, OK! I didn't know that!"

Apparently he understood something wrong two years back. Maybe he took a phrasing like "kindergarten is over" to mean "the kindergarten is gone", and he's never brought it up since, just carried it around with him.
You could literally see a burden getting lifted off his soul. :unsmith:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I won't lie, sometimes I also want to burn down the kindergarten after a year is ended.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Went to the park with the kindergarten kids and one looked me in my eyes and said "Alhazred, there's no toilets here:smith:"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just saw a video of my four-year-old niece walking to school in the rain. Filmed from behind, very cute, pink boots, umbrella. And a few seconds in she turns around and says with absolute cold fury, "Mummy, we should have brought the car." And then spins on her tiny heel and stalks onward.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Sounds like she had a good point.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Sounds like she had a good point.

She usually does.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
My mom and sister were talking about her lovely ex-husband with my niece who's 5. Her and my nephew see him every other weekend and such. He walked out on them when she was 2 weeks old for a bit and they didn't work out visitation stuff until she was like 2 or 3.

Niece: Dad's no fun, he doesn't play with dolls or anything, just video games.

Mom: Well you love your dad, right?

Niece: Yeah, but only one percent.

Mom: Well how much do you love me?

Niece: I love you 300 percent, grandma!

Sister: How much do you love me?

Niece: 100 percent!

Sister: ...I love you too

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got to hang out for a while with a kid I taught 3 years ago, he's about to turn 7 and he hasn't changed a bit.

He told me this amazing story about "we went on holiday to the Isle of Wight - my grandma kindly rented us a beach house. My daddy used to go there when he was little. And it turns out that the beach house that we went to? It was the same beach house that my daddy used to stay in!"

He said it all with such gravitas, and this deep excitement about this incredible coincidence :3:

I asked him if he remembered coming to play at the preschool when he was little, and he said yes, so I asked him if anything was different to how he remembered. He furrowed his brow and said "well, there are a lot more toys out here than I expected."

He finished up our conversation with "my mummy is in the last year of her thirties. Because she turns 40 in December." Mummy definitely appreciated that, great job kiddo.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
One of the 6 year olds at school today had a stomach ache and was complaining how he couldn't pass motion, but had been trying the whole morning before he arrived at school.

So he decided to try his luck when his class went to the washroom, and he was in the stall for such a long time, that I kept checking on him, asking him if he was ok.

Kid: No, my poo isn't coming out.

On my third check:

Me: You ok kiddo?
Kid: I can poo! But now my butt won't stop!

:lol: That is like, a really good description of diarrhea.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AlixEHarrow/status/1352254973443264515

mania
Sep 9, 2004
There's this 2 year old at school who can converse really really well. His grammar and vocab are great too. And maybe because of the above he's really good at pretending (He gets a playful tone to his voice when he's pretending, which is how I can tell). And it's lead to so many gems from him.

• He used to bring a tiny stuffed tiger to school with him, and one day he switched it out for a tiny dinosaur.

"How come you brought a dino to school today?" I ask.

"Baby tiger is sick Ms mania. So he stay at home."

• When he stopped bringing soft toys to school, I would occasionally ask him how his tiger and dino were doing.

"They sick Ms maina, so cannot come to school."

"Oh dear! How come baby tiger and baby dino are sick?"

"They vomit! While sleeping! They vomit all over the floor then I have to mop the floor all night!"

• When his mom was in her last trimester, anytime he would eat/drink a lot and get a belly he would tell us he had a baby inside his stomach.

After a weekend, he reported to us that his dad ate all his (the kid's) m&ms and now "daddy got baby". (I asked the kid how much candy dad ate. "5".)

Anyway, one day he had multiple servings of apples and of course he had developed a baby. I teased him, and told him he had an apple baby, which amused him loads. "So funny Ms mania". And after that, whenever his tummy got big he would announce to the world that "I got baby water (or whatever) inside".

• So now that his baby sibling is here, his latest thing is to get diaperless during changing time and tell the teachers there that "I got surgery on my stomach. So now I cannot squat down." while gesturing at his unblemished tummy.

And he'll followup with "I got special cream, must rub everyday." (Great job telling us what type of delivery your mom had kiddo haha).

Anyway, the class is getting ready to eat lunch and kiddo wanders up to his english teacher, holding his mask asking for help with his mask. (SOP is for kids to keep their mask in a hanging wall organiser.) The teacher's busy dealing with something, so I tell kiddo that I'll help him.

I take his mask and walk to the wall organiser, figuring someone else must have put their mask in the kid's spot. Nada, there's nothing in there. Weird but whatever, there's a bit of a school crisis going on, just gonna bend down and keep his mask and move on.

And then I hear this little voice behind me saying "I got surgery, so I cannot squat..."

OMG KID.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
A bit sideways of the prompt, but:

https://twitter.com/dirkregular/status/1451225211609751556?s=21

:3:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/david8hughes/status/1452641901832593417

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Are your jeans broken?"
"Yes "
"Did you fall on your knees?"
"No."
"...then why?"
"I think it looks cool."
"...cool?"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've taken a cat to the vet like that, once. Admittedly I made air holes in the backpack, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
"I was born to watch TV and eat candy"

-Apparently what my kids younger told his mom recently. Thinking of putting it on a t-shirt for his birthday.