Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

freeedr posted:

I wonder if the publisher of that book has even had the wherewithal to go “Hmmm, maybe it’s weird that I see photos of children in normal clothing and think that it’s outrageously sexual in some way”

Doubtful though tbh
The yearbook company has washed their hands and said the school's yearbook coordinator picked out the photos and did the photoshopping herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really wonder how many people knew this was going on

I'm going to spend hours zooming in to these high school girls' boobs on my computer

This is a normal good thing to do, right?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

I really wonder how many people knew this was going on

I'm going to spend hours zooming in to these high school girls' boobs on my computer

This is a normal good thing to do, right?

You will make a fine mod.

I'm kidding of course

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm waiting for more people to realize their schools are doing this. When I was in school there was seemingly small competitions between the girls as to who could breast boobliest without getting the talk of shame from the coordinator. In that case they'd get an offer to take a new digicam shot to be included in the yearbook instead of this bad photoshop nonsense. Some would say no and use the "not pictured" credit for bragging rights.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

You will make a fine mod.

I'm kidding of course

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sir Lemming posted:

At first I was like "well yeah, of course yearbook photos were Photoshopped, that's literally what photographers often do."

But then, oh. Oh no.

https://i.imgur.com/1yQbHze.mp4

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
“Ok girls line up,now let me see *licks lips* who’s the...Boobliest?”

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Hey, just in case it wasn't horrifically obvious already , but clothes that are entirely acceptable on some girls are regularly deemed unacceptable on others because of breast size.
A thing no girl has control over, and which has an unfortunate tendency to assert itself when the child is 13/14 years old.

These perverts are penalizing children for the crime of having bodies that the perverts find attractive.

The answer? Beat perverts. Thump them for their grossness, drive them into the shadows. Let little girls grow up without having to deal with trash people.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pookah posted:

Hey, just in case it wasn't horrifically obvious already , but clothes that are entirely acceptable on some girls are regularly deemed unacceptable on others because of breast size.
A thing no girl has control over, and which has an unfortunate tendency to assert itself when the child is 13/14 years old.

These perverts are penalizing children for the crime of having bodies that the perverts find attractive.

The answer? Beat perverts. Thump them for their grossness, drive them into the shadows. Let little girls grow up without having to deal with trash people.

It still could apply but this teacher responsible was a woman.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lobok posted:

It still could apply but this teacher responsible was a woman.

Being a woman does not make you immune to the patriarchy’s standards or worldview.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Monkey posted:

Being a woman does not make you immune to the patriarchy’s standards or worldview.

Right, which is why we shouldn't frame it as just pervs lusting after girls.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lobok posted:

This is 100% due to pervs lusting after girls. The question is just how many degrees of separation.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Captain Monkey posted:

Bin-loving-go :(

There has always been a lot of kudos in being the Right Kind of Woman. See girls who aren't Those Girls.

You see, they aren't difficult, they aren't combative: they just hate those sorts of girls. Do you like me, value me now boys???

No???? Whyyyy!?!?!?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lobok posted:

It's pervs lusting after children and behind them, the shitbags that enable them because they get a a fragment of power after doing so. The ultimate power lies with the pervs who distribute the power.

But you already know this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pervs and Patriarchy is my favorite D20 setting.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That’s just Forgotten Realms.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is mostly because they think Jesus is perving on them 24/7

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Man in chipmunk costume robs Evangeline Parish pharmacy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What in the name of Christ?

Welcome to america lol

Platystemon posted:

There’s a photo of the dino’s leg in this report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXVfws6bLQ

What's your av from anyway

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's your av from anyway

Looks like a game boy version of cookie clicker

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s from a “reimagine modern games as retro” thread in GBS.

Should’ve bookmarked it because people have asked me several times since and now I can’t find it or credit the artist.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Lazyposting here. The news segment FUNERAL BACKFLIP did not turn out to be a mindblowing miraculous stunt (govt. changed their mind on a state funeral for a public figure)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Exclusive: two more amazing hackjob Photoshop jobs. Also: when Saudi Arabian censors get paid more.

https://twitter.com/mazbooooot/status/1397139911019438084?s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The MSJ posted:

Exclusive: two more amazing hackjob Photoshop jobs. Also: when Saudi Arabian censors get paid more.

https://twitter.com/mazbooooot/status/1397139911019438084?s=19

OH GOD
HELP ME

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cats are cute and cuddly but you must always look out for signs of accelerated fluffing syndrome.
It just might save your life.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

OH GOD
HELP ME

Mmm shoulders

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/us/phillips-colorado-sos-murder.html

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's a lot of murders

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Phallic worm shared its home with bristly squatters in ancient symbiosis

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sending this one to its rightful home in the Things That Look NWS But Aren't thread

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
NHL supports Bear after racist comments

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Look, there's nothing wrong with Ursidae per se, I just don't want one playing defense on my hockey team, is all.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If these Canadian fans don't like Bear then they should consider moving to Antarctica.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Marcade posted:

Look, there's nothing wrong with Ursidae per se, I just don't want one playing defense on my hockey team, is all.

gently caress that. If the Flames could draft an actual bear I'd buy season tix.

(Coincidentally there's been two lethal bear attacks in southern AB in the last month)

Baron von Eevl posted:

If these Canadian fans don't like Bear then they should consider moving to Antarctica.

:nice:

"Arctic" meaning "northern" originally referred to either the constellation of Ursa Major or Minor, with the root, "arctos", being another word for bear. So "Antarctic" means "away from bears".

Phy has a new favorite as of 18:46 on May 28, 2021

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

In another thread herein, I learned that the majority of European words for 'bear' are euphemisms that tend to translate as 'the brown one' because people were afraid that naming them directly would cause one to appear and eat everyone.
Apparently it's the earliest known euphemism.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pookah posted:

In another thread herein, I learned that the majority of European words for 'bear' are euphemisms that tend to translate as 'the brown one' because people were afraid that naming them directly would cause one to appear and eat everyone.

Fuken cowards lmao.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Fuken cowards lmao.

psh :rolleyes: you dont even dare give numbers their true name

also just you wait, the brown one's gonna get you sooner or later

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Pookah posted:

I'm in Europe and I'm drinking a bear right now.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ruflux posted:

I'm in Europe and I'm drinking a bear right now.

*Growls angrily in arctos*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Pookah posted:

It's actually true, and because of this euphemism humanity has forgotten the true name of Bear. The system works!