Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the sex ghost posted:

Lol just seen that George Galloway is running in Batley and spen. Keir's going to get owned by the cat man and say that anyone who didn't vote for him supports MPs getting murdered

bitterandtwisted posted:

He's an insane narcissist who's been very cosy with right wingers lately. Big brexit fan.
He created his own anti-independence vanity party full of right wing cranks, racists and terfs to stand in the recent Scottish elections where came 7th, in between Alex Salmond's vanity party and a christian fundy party

he will 100% be one of the next two prime ministers of Great Britain ( or England), and I called it at the beginning of the thread.

first person to hold the office of prime minister and chief mouser simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jel Shaker posted:

i predict that as more the public become scandalised by the government response, the more people are going to blame labour for being useless and “letting it happen”

labour under starmer explicitly supported the government constantly which is probably why they're still not attacking now because they'll quite rightly get a bunch fo the blame. starmer was handed the easiest opportunity in the world to fix labour after 2019 and has completely hosed it

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jose posted:

labour still haven't called on anyone at all to resign over covid lol
other than corbyn

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The state got amazingly high returns out of kier, a career of rubber stamping crimes and then he takes over the left party at exactly the right time to take the heat off the full spectrum failure and visible collapse of the government in a crisis

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

He's an insane narcissist who's been very cosy with right wingers lately. Big brexit fan.
He created his own anti-independence vanity party full of right wing cranks, racists and terfs to stand in the recent Scottish elections where came 7th, in between Alex Salmond's vanity party and a christian fundy party

So did he go completely loony in his old age or was he always like that?

Also why is Cummings now admitting crimes against humanity on live TV? What happened?

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

i predict that as more the public become scandalised by the government response, the more people are going to blame labour for being useless and “letting it happen”

My grandfather explained away his tory votes with this today!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

genericnick posted:

Also why is Cummings now admitting crimes against humanity on live TV? What happened?

He realised that all past and future crimes were actually because of the last labour leadership and so is not at fault

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

genericnick posted:

So did he go completely loony in his old age or was he always like that?

Since it was such a massive failure implicating the whole of British government, someone is going to be singled out and scapegoated for covid and he's the obvious choice.

The other obvious ones are bojo or Hancock but Cummings is the frontrunner since he
a) speaks the truth sometimes
b) isn't an MP
c) everyone hates him and the press has set him up as a mastermind.

So he's trying to avoid that cause he isn't a complete idiot and sees it coming
That's why he's allying with rishi imo is just to have someone in his corner

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they really couldn't make it any more obvious that they really don't give a poo poo except about corbyn himself

https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1398254867735580673?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think that's also why he quit months ago because, like, it was obviously a total trashfire and he wanted distance so he could avoid being the bag holder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

Since it was such a massive failure implicating the whole of British government, someone is going to be singled out and scapegoated for covid and he's the obvious choice.

The other obvious ones are bojo or Hancock but Cummings is the frontrunner since he
a) speaks the truth sometimes
b) isn't an MP
c) everyone hates him and the press has set him up as a mastermind.

So he's trying to avoid that cause he isn't a complete idiot and sees it coming
That's why he's allying with rishi imo is just to have someone in his corner

he didn't say anything bad about Gove either and gove is the person who got him into government in the first place

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s absolutely hilarious that the guy behind Brexit has been absolutely abandoned by the brexit gammons.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jose posted:

he didn't say anything bad about Gove either and gove is the person who got him into government in the first place

One of the squirrel accounts posited that the UK press splits along pro-Gove and pro-Boris lines and that makes as much sense as anything.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

labour under starmer explicitly supported the government constantly which is probably why they're still not attacking now because they'll quite rightly get a bunch fo the blame. starmer was handed the easiest opportunity in the world to fix labour after 2019 and has completely hosed it

he did fix labour though. he purged the left and is restoring the 90s model of having zero ideological differences from the tories

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/georgegrylls/status/1398278631785385984

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah it's sorta like in 2015 or whenever when we were more concerned with reshaping the party than winning except in starmers case he does actually seem to be trying to sack people and reshape the party instead of pretending to

He's doing a complete shitass job though but his main directive is to purge the left and get rid of any antiestablishment movement in the electoral system

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It actually directly mirrors his career since his previous job was to basically use his own reputation as ablative armour to protect the state from inquiry or consequence

So he'd go out and say "I have it on good authority that Ian tomslinson charged the policeman in a drunken rage" then publically eat poo poo and apologise when it turned out to be a lie. That's basically the job.

He's doing the same here where he's being dragged through the mud and made to look completely incompetent but he is protecting the state and carrying out its wishes.

And as before he will be rewarded at the end of this with some kind of directorship or career advancement.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I don’t know how people like Keith get through life. I’ve done things to further my material conditions against my principles but only quite rarely, and it never feels good. To commit oneself totally to being a whipping boy for terrible powers far greater than you, it’s just a deeply heinous and pathetic thing to do. I don’t imagine it brings any actual happiness outside of that weird slightly intimidating feeling of seeing more money in your account than you’ve ever had.

Like I’m pretty young and it didn’t take that long to work out that getting stuff isn’t a very good substitute for living your life in a way that’s true to who you are and having principles and seeking out meaning and all that good poo poo. How do people get all the way to like 60 or whatever Keith is and still decide that chasing status and cash, even when you’re comfortable and respected in your circle, is actually all that matters?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1398285897498599432
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1398291168505511942

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jakabite posted:

I don’t know how people like Keith get through life. I’ve done things to further my material conditions against my principles but only quite rarely, and it never feels good. To commit oneself totally to being a whipping boy for terrible powers far greater than you, it’s just a deeply heinous and pathetic thing to do. I don’t imagine it brings any actual happiness outside of that weird slightly intimidating feeling of seeing more money in your account than you’ve ever had.

Like I’m pretty young and it didn’t take that long to work out that getting stuff isn’t a very good substitute for living your life in a way that’s true to who you are and having principles and seeking out meaning and all that good poo poo. How do people get all the way to like 60 or whatever Keith is and still decide that chasing status and cash, even when you’re comfortable and respected in your circle, is actually all that matters?

liberal cultural indoctrination that serving evil is okay as long as it's just your day job and you can still be a good person at heart is total and absolute.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Lol the beautiful twinks at TwinkRev got in trouble with YouTube for making Covid jokes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jakabite posted:

They're evil op, hth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jakabite posted:

there isa lot more money in it than you've had a chance at

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

also you get the best drug and sex party invites

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrokenHardie/status/1398200504887414784?s=20

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

also lol labour are so desperate to win they've fired this unit

https://twitter.com/Callum_Bell8/status/1398304609400201225?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

what do we need "community organizers" for anyway?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao they were already having issues because they had a heavily woman presenting cast with some people of colour except fox had years to get its viewers horny for that while the people this channel should appeal to got upset at it being woke

https://twitter.com/Politics4AlI/status/1398288656255832074?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is that what Andrew Neil looks like now? Jesus

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
What is the BOFA register? Prof Google was no help.

https://twitter.com/amphitryoniades/status/1398390735238569988?s=20

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It was developed from the LIGMA protocol if that's any help

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is the BOFA register? Prof Google was no help.

it's presided over by the Updog Committee.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

the sex ghost posted:

Is that what Andrew Neil looks like now? Jesus

Gosh, if only there were a photo showing him feeling a bit younger...

/private-eye in-jokes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

lol

also lol labour are so desperate to win they've fired this unit

https://twitter.com/Callum_Bell8/status/1398304609400201225?s=20

A large part is cos Labour is skint but the COU has been in the rights sights for ages

Should note that loads of staffers have been sacked recently, not just in the COU. Party finances are totally fubared right now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

A large part is cos Labour is skint but the COU has been in the rights sights for ages

Should note that loads of staffers have been sacked recently, not just in the COU. Party finances are totally fubared right now

good

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’m sure there’s layers of financials whereby the usual shits get to hang in there the longest

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jose posted:

lmao they were already having issues because they had a heavily woman presenting cast with some people of colour except fox had years to get its viewers horny for that while the people this channel should appeal to got upset at it being woke

https://twitter.com/Politics4AlI/status/1398288656255832074?s=20

this is the parody one

the lower case l will either need to evolve or die in our bold shitposting future

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ah gently caress. i know that the official one is actually politics for ali so just assumed it wwas the real one rip

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

https://twitter.com/Politics4AlI/status/1398248122032197634?s=19

wow big news lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm sitll not sure gb news will actually happen so i guess it just seemed extremely plausible that andrew neil has gone full mask off