Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd is here with some real art for once! Today he’s got a Dynamic Painting, a Glowing Painting, and a Fake Ancient Statue. Also there’s a pretty cool thunderstorm happening as I write this so that’s a rarity!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Charles posted:

I finally have 197 bells for Turnips, and I haven't seen better yet, so I'm gonna open up. Console is on Midway time, so good for about 3 hours 20 minutes from now.

Code is
follow the quote link

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Redd is here with some real art for once! Today he’s got a Dynamic Painting, a Glowing Painting, and a Fake Ancient Statue. Also there’s a pretty cool thunderstorm happening as I write this so that’s a rarity!

Dodo: DB72C

Thank you! Managed to snag the Dynamic Painting!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Charles posted:

Afternoon bell price 386, server on Midway time zone (GMT -11 I think) so you have a while

Code in linked post

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've always been on the lookout for another King Kamehameha statue (I don't remember what the in game name is) but the one that I have was from another friend's island. My Redd has never had one.

Isn't that a Gulliver reward?

edit: just googled and I realized I have had this statue in my yard for a year not knowing it was art...lol

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ha, my wife just got that mailed to her from Huck about an hour ago when she played today. It's the "Great Statue", and there's a fake version of it as well there was a fake version of it in previous games.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

IUG posted:

Ha, my wife just got that mailed to her from Huck about an hour ago when she played today. It's the "Great Statue", and there's a fake version of it as well there was a fake version of it in previous games.

Artwork from Smug villagers are always fake, as they're easily duped by Redd.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Huck's a lazy I believe, and Blathers put the statue up in the museum already, so it was real.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Redd is in town, he's got a legit scary painting & glowing painting... I've already got both so they're up for grabs. Also has a fake graceful painting & beautiful statue.

Also have turnips at 187 for the next hour if you're desperate!

CRBXF Closed!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 29, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

Redd is in town, he's got a legit scary painting & glowing painting... I've already got both so they're up for grabs. Also has a fake graceful painting & beautiful statue.

Also have turnips at 187 for the next hour if you're desperate!

CRBXF

Dodo code didn't work Nevermind, I must have entered it wrong the first time.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 29, 2021

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

W.T. Fits posted:

Dodo code didn't work Nevermind, I must have entered it wrong the first time.

Sorry my internet wonked out. New code:

Closed!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 29, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

Sorry my internet wonked out. New code:

LCQ4T

Thanks again, managed to grab the Glowing Painting! You've got a great island set up!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

W.T. Fits posted:

Thanks again, managed to grab the Glowing Painting! You've got a great island set up!

Thank you!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I've got the ever-popular Raymond in boxes today. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to invite him.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is Daisy Mae only until noon? I thought I had seen her later

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Charles posted:

Is Daisy Mae only until noon? I thought I had seen her later

She only sells turnips until noon. I think she’ll stick around afterwards until you reset the game.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Or go to a different island and return after noon :negative:

At least my trend this week is decreasing so I don't have to worry about it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I already had the console on the furthest west time zone I could, haha. I just was busy with real life. Oh well, time traveled.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Won’t it make the turnips go rotten if you time travel back to the correct time? Or does that not apply on Sundays?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Won’t it make the turnips go rotten if you time travel back to the correct time? Or does that not apply on Sundays?

They'd already be rotten today if I had any. Going forward seems fine.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I've got the stoner lazy snack loving lion Rex in boxes today if anyone wants him.

I like him a lot, but he's got the exact same dialogue as Lucky (who my husband really likes) so it's time for him to see what other snacks the world has to offer.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina up for a couple hours. Not much happening: buy what you see at Nooks, Ables has some really nice kimonos on sale today. Check out the new Pumpkin Patch next to Resident Services!

Dodo: Closed

E: I was just about to close up and then I found Celeste!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 1, 2021

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Saharah’s here so I thought I’d open Númenor up. I’ll be open and AFK until 3PM PST.

Dodo Code is closed.

Small selection of DIY south of Nook’s, please help yourself to fruit or anything in shops.

I would also appreciate new board art as misadventure led to all of my art being overwritten. Thanks for visiting!

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 31, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I made a point of the fact that Gulliver’s eye is the Star Citizen logo and a goon (I dunno your board name!) went to town on my bulletin board:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

aaaaaaaaa there's too much going on today help

Summer shells, weddings, new fish and bugs, !!!!!!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

All this going on and I still haven’t managed to catch one Mahi Mahi

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Went hunting for a replacement for Rex this morning. Settled on Audie, who is my second Peppy, but I like the way she looks and I will probably let her go once I get her photo. She also won me over by making an effort to be calm, something I don’t remember seeing other Peppy villagers do as much.

I need to remember to hunt down the last few beetles I need now that they’re in season.

TIL that once you’ve gotten the Golden Shovel DIY from Gulliver, he can give you the same reward more than once. I’ve helped him three times since getting the Golden Shovel and gotten two more Geisha wigs with a turban between.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 1, 2021

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I wish I didn't need a full island of villagers to get camp site visitors to move in. There's just too much overlapping dialog for visitors with the same personality type.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Same :sigh:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

SilentChaz posted:

TIL that once you’ve gotten the Golden Shovel DIY from Gulliver, he can give you the same reward more than once. I’ve helped him three times since getting the Golden Shovel and gotten two more Geisha wigs with a turban between.

You've been lucky, I don't have the shovel yet but I've had several duplicates.

effika posted:

I wish I didn't need a full island of villagers to get camp site visitors to move in. There's just too much overlapping dialog for visitors with the same personality type.

It gets better over time, as your friendship with your villagers increases they get a lot more dialogue options and you'll get far fewer repeats. It's not perfect but it is better. (You can also decide which personality types you don't want to keep around.)

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

effika posted:

You have to talk to each villager pretty much every time you see them to get more variety. The choices for the first conversation of the day are limited.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

chmods please posted:

You have to talk to each villager pretty much every time you see them to get more variety. The choices for the first conversation of the day are limited.

I usually get around that by giving them a gift first.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

There are subtypes you can try to aim for when filling your duplicate personality slots. They still mostly still say the same stuff but there is a little variance in dialogue and some subtle behavioral differences like how snooty type B characters can mimic your reactions but snooty type A characters will only stare blankly or smile at you.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Wait. You mean to tell me it is beetle,scarab,and cicada season?

They still only appear on palm trees right in the evening?

Well not all I guess. Just the ones I need.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Wait. You mean to tell me it is beetle,scarab,and cicada season?

They still only appear on palm trees right in the evening?

Well not all I guess. Just the ones I need.

Nah not yet. You can get Goliaths and Rainbow stags rn but everything else comes next month iirc

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Gave an owl a fish, bothered some alpacas for furniture, sold a lizard a ludicrous amount of bugs, now to fill my pockets with sharks while gathering bait for evening fishing.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

All this going on and I still haven’t managed to catch one cutting board diy recipe

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

My alt hasn't found a Rosalia Bastei Beetle, so I know that feeling.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Cutting Board DIY

I think I have one of those

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

There are subtypes you can try to aim for when filling your duplicate personality slots. They still mostly still say the same stuff but there is a little variance in dialogue and some subtle behavioral differences like how snooty type B characters can mimic your reactions but snooty type A characters will only stare blankly or smile at you.

The reactions thing is probably my biggest dealbreaker for villagers, it took me ages to find a cranky that uses reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Any new rewards for the wedding stuff this year? I'll probably go once or twice but having to go every day last year was exhausting