Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I enjoyed Max's delight at getting to watch football again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
the "i wanna gently caress that ref" bump on the ramble last week got me the closest i've ever been to a genuine "spitting my coffee out" moment in my entire life

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Philipp Auclair defending Spotify as the "good" capitalism aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaAAaaaaaaah

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oliwan posted:

Philipp Auclair defending Spotify as the "good" capitalism aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaAAaaaaaaah

Uhhhhh, he called them vampires my dude. And is a musician.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

oliwan posted:

Dont worry m8, happens to the best of us.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

harperdc posted:

Uhhhhh, he called them vampires my dude. And is a musician.

omg I totally misheard, Auclair actually was totally cool and good about Spotify lol, sorry everyone

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just lol at the libs pearl clutching over the protests (except for barry)

edit: in Monday's football weekly I mean

oliwan fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 4, 2021

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

oliwan posted:

oliwan posted:

First time I’ve listened to FW today and I agree, Faye Carruthers was embarrassing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah, Faye Carruthers is normally fine as a pundit but that whole bit was way off target. Like, thousands of people turned out to express legitimate grievances, but hey a couple of idiots threw beer cans so we better dismiss the whole thing. Because that's definitely worked out fine for every other protest movement in history :rolleyes:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

webmeister posted:

Yeah, Faye Carruthers is normally fine as a pundit but that whole bit was way off target. Like, thousands of people turned out to express legitimate grievances, but hey a couple of idiots threw beer cans so we better dismiss the whole thing. Because that's definitely worked out fine for every other protest movement in history :rolleyes:

The entrenched establishment will find any excuse to dismiss legitimate protest; if there hadn't been beer cans it would have been horror at the contravention of Covid protocols or the fire hazard the flares represented or a multitude of other things that would allow those who refuse to engage with systemic change to maintain their power and privilege.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
David Squires has done a comic for the Guardian's 200th anniversary.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/may/06/guardian-200-david-squires-on-manchester-guardian-birthday

It's not really football related, but he did include a match report by Georgian era reporter who looks quite familiar

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Still giggling at that Wilson panel.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

I feel kinda bad because I know he has his troubles, but my word is Archie Rhind-Tutt a dire panelist. Awkwardly satisfying that he got called out so blatantly by Max.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

His episode where he talked so candidly about his MH issues was very moving. Max appears to be love him, what did he call him out on?

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

Sleeping through the agreed time to start the podcast, lmao. I thought it was a pretty brutal call out, especially since Archie has talked about staying in bed all day due to depression.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Especially since he was out late working at the Europa League final the night before.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"I always wondered whether Gerrard and Lampard could play together, has anyone discussed that?"

Me - is extremely triggered and receives 6d10 psychic damage.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Max is a wonderful, sincere, low effort troll.

And yes they could play together you just needed a holding midfielder which no England manager dared to do from 2001 to 2011.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

britishbornandbread posted:

And yes they could play together you just needed a holding midfielder which no England manager dared to do from 2001 to 2011.

Owen Hargreaves shakes his fist angrily from the physio room lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Carrick :negative:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nicky Bandini getting the "foot like a traction engine" reference in for the preview pod, you love to see it.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Euros fever has me listening to all the pods for the first time in years. Julien Laurens is absolutely insufferable.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
What’s The Football Ramble like these days? I trailed off not long after they switched to the rotating lineup, but I might give it another go for the Euros

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

They're listenable but as you'd expect they're pretty diluted. Seems rare the original lot are all on together anymore. I don't think any of the new crew are bad though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Answers Me posted:

What’s The Football Ramble like these days? I trailed off not long after they switched to the rotating lineup, but I might give it another go for the Euros

It's good as long as you skip any episode that involves Pete. Harry Redknapp's new pod is decently entertaining btw.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

Seltzer posted:

It's good as long as you skip any episode that involves Pete. Harry Redknapp's new pod is decently entertaining btw.

Yeah the rotating line-ups mean that sometimes they throw people together who just dont naturally... compliment each other very well. You need Luke or Marcus or Vish to be able to fill in any gaps in the conversation with amiable nonsense and/or insight, when none of them are present and its just Jules, Jim and Pete then you know its one to miss because they dont really bounce off each other, instead just taking turns to drone on for a bit.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 13, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty tough FW to listen to waking up not knowing a lot of what happened. :staredog:

Edit: Barry, Lars and Max all in tears and Phillipe rages against the director.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 13, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yeah but it was preceded by that stupid lighthearted snickers ad which I found kind of tasteless. Totally Football Show went right into it, at least.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Answers Me posted:

The trouble with them for the Euros so far is their schedule - podcasts release a day late (afternoon of the next day) vs the same night for Totally Football Show, and if the matches have already started it’s not gonna get listened to.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Vish has been an extremely good addition, I don't mind anyone else but do miss the classic lineup

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I literally nearly choked at the Baz edit today.

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1404026271756075022?s=19

Also extremely lolling at the constant references to Baz's live story show.

Edit: also I'm pretty sure the "what route should the trophy take" gag happens last tournament but it still cracks me up.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 15, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

I literally nearly choked at the Baz edit today.

yep that was an incredible piece of edit timing.

almost as good as the sound of a hotel bar in the background while they talked about the Scotland game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

algebra testes posted:

Also extremely lolling at the constant references to Baz's live story show.

What's the story?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Either Barry's had a stroke or he's had an absolute skinful before this pod.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

FUN FACT: one of the guests on the post Scotland/Czech match podcast is coming to my wedding in September.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Either Barry's had a stroke or he's had an absolute skinful before this pod.

He sounded properly wasted didn't he.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

What's the story?

It now apparently involves Baz making GBS threads himself on the tube.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

algebra testes posted:

It now apparently involves Baz making GBS threads himself on the tube.

Lol.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The TFS podcasts have been loving wank so far. No Jimbo, none of the European guys, just Matt Davis- Adams and Carl Anka. Pure shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Carl Wanka.
Where did all the good contributors go, do they just have other obligations?