Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

sb hermit posted:

I'm not denying that the argument exists. But I feel that any expectation to have an unblemished view should be considered to be entirely unrealistic.

I'm totally for wind farms, but not in my beach eYeshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Craptacular! posted:

https://twitter.com/reporterclaudia/status/1398020183764000770

Hell of a thing to roll out in the middle of a recall.

gently caress ya give me that cash money.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I'm the California Public Utilites Commission employee growing increasingly desperate as I search through maps for a section of coastline populated only by poor people.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Foxfire_ posted:

Simulated view of the proposed project from shore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucMi_3qdnfg&t=537s

:clutches pearls frantically:

(e: nighttime ones are very slightly more legit, they have red lights to mark them for ships that are visible)

way less visible than the oil platforms off santa barbara, and last i checked beach front real estate there isn't exactly hurting

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Worth noting that right on the shores of Santa Barbara is Montecito, a tiny little zipcode that is the richest place in the entire US.

It's where Oprah lives.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

the vaccine lotteries are the best idea any american government official has come up with in years

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

CA has to legally give back several billion of their budget surplus to the taxpayers, I wonder if this lottery counts?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Shear Modulus posted:

the vaccine lotteries are the best idea any american government official has come up with in years

Yep. Seems like a simple solution that hijacks the circular venn diagram of bad at stats and anti-vax. It comes out to ~ $2.95 per person assuming all Californians, though the same amount of money consolidated to just unvaccinated people who are able to be vaccinated would still leave the dollar amount per person relatively low, which I doubt would be much enticement toward skeptics, while the almost 0 chance at winning 1.5m will probably get a bunch of people getting shots. Plus the vast majority of the cost is essentially just food stamps, which might as well just be more stimulus money and would probably be beneficial even if it was not attached to the vaccine. I am curious how you will know if you won. Will it be announced on tv? Newsom arrives to your front door with a giant check?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
The vaccine lottery is funded by Gates, Soros and the deep state.

- Facebook memes tomorrow

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

CPColin posted:

We've got a sect of NIMBY's in town who complain any time the City Council talks about building up in downtown SLO. Most of the buildings are only two stories and we had a developer back out of a mixed-use project because they couldn't get an exemption to make a five-story building. The reason? The tall building would block the view of the surrounding countryside. Downtown is like two blocks wide. Literally just walk for three minutes. The view being talked about was from a parking lot. Aaaaaaaggg

SLO is the god nimbyest dame place in the state.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Jaxyon posted:

Worth noting that right on the shores of Santa Barbara is Montecito, a tiny little zipcode that is the richest place in the entire US.

It's where Oprah lives.

Oprah chose to live in the flight path of SBA and now we all have to fly around her so we don’t make her mad.
She’s not far out in the path either.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oprah chose to live in the flight path of SBA and now we all have to fly around her so we don’t make her mad.
She’s not far out in the path either.

Well it's not just her, everyone there is absurdly rich.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
that's why comrade god sent a landslide to wash them into the ocean

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Craptacular! posted:

I said they should pay people to vaccinate. Glad someone got my memo.

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.

Pain of Mind posted:

announced on tv? Newsom arrives to your front door with a giant check?

The fine print says they'll try to call you and if you don't respond in 72 hours they pick another winner. Hope you gave a good phone number for your appointment!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Dalrain posted:

The fine print says they'll try to call you and if you don't respond in 72 hours they pick another winner. Hope you gave a good phone number for your appointment!
Ugh. Waiting for CA COVID Vax Lottery scams. Especially since phone numbers are easily spoofed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

BeAuMaN posted:

Ugh. Waiting for CA COVID Vax Lottery scams. Especially since phone numbers are easily spoofed.

This was exactly my thought. :sigh: The idea is cool on paper but there's gonna be ton of phishing calls/emails/texts telling people "YOU'VE WON THE VAX LOTTERY!!1111!!!1!1 Now to collect your winnings, please forward your $1000 processing fee in itunes gift cards to-"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

droll posted:

The vaccine lottery is funded by Gates, Soros and the deep state.

- Facebook memes tomorrow

and by viewers like you!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Alerting people by phone in a time where 90% of everyone's voice calls are scams?

Brilliant!

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

CPColin posted:

We've got a sect of NIMBY's in town who complain any time the City Council talks about building up in downtown SLO. Most of the buildings are only two stories and we had a developer back out of a mixed-use project because they couldn't get an exemption to make a five-story building. The reason? The tall building would block the view of the surrounding countryside. Downtown is like two blocks wide. Literally just walk for three minutes. The view being talked about was from a parking lot. Aaaaaaaggg

If they’re anything like my relatives in AG, they probably whine about how they miss the old days when SLO/Five Cities were tiny hick towns that were largely ignored by the rest of the state (except for Pismo) and get really excited about new jobs coming to the area in the same breath. It never occurs to them that jobs are filled by people and those people need to live somewhere.

Re: wind turbines, it really wouldn’t surprise me that owning libs was high on the list of reasons for fighting construction. Lotta bitter old Republicans make up the wealthy in California and they’re incredibly resentful about having “their” state “stolen” from them.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
https://twitter.com/charlottealter/status/1398305422528987141?s=21

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Which one currently makes more aggravating sounds?

Edit: My late grandma would have turned 99 today. She must have had clear memories of the bridge being built. That's neat!

CPColin fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 29, 2021

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

According to the California COVID site we had -26 deaths today

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Time for a quick trip to the S-Mart?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

a.lo posted:

According to the California COVID site we had -26 deaths today

I see those cryonics companies in Silicon Valley are finally seeing some real progress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Covid has jumped the corporeal barrier and initiated instrumentality. Welcome the viral overmind, OVID

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Greg12 posted:

someone photoshop the fat cop gassing those seated students so that those boxes are the cop and he's teargassing janet napolitano and that cop

Napolitano stepped down last summer.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

The Cubelodyte posted:

Napolitano stepped down last summer.

who cares

tear gas

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Greg12 posted:

who cares

tear gas

Get outta here, Janet

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

CPColin posted:

Get outta here, Janet

Dammit, Janet.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Big money big prizes tomorrow if you're vaccinated.

That sounds so sad and weird.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If I don’t win I’m sending my vaccine back.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

withak posted:

If I don’t win I’m sending my vaccine back.

Go back to the vaccine site and demand that they remove the tracker that they implanted.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Go back to the vaccine site and demand that they remove the tracker that they implanted.
Duh, the 5G tracker was so they could notify you if you won!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

Duh, the 5G tracker was so they could notify you if you won!

If the COVID Vaccine gave me free 5G internet that'd solve a lot of my rural internet problems.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anyone else get the urge to buy a Microsoft Edge after getting their second vaccine shot

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Anyone else get the urge to buy a Microsoft Edge after getting their second vaccine shot

No, because it's a fast, secure and exciting new browser that's free, and what a great deal that is!(tm)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
https://laist.com/news/housing-homelessness/completely-worthless-las-program-to-legalize-bootleg-apartments-falls-short

quote:

A four-year-old program designed to bring unpermitted Los Angeles housing units up to code has fallen far short of expectations.

While there are thousands of such “bootleg apartments” across the city, only 39 have been approved for occupancy through the city’s program.

Go LA!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

give the thumbnail picker a raise, LA Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

give the thumbnail picker a raise, LA Times

is there a video of gavin spinning that wheel in the background

or does he operate one of the bouncy ball machines?