Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

brugroffil posted:

Trump was also viewed as more moderate than the rest of the gop field in 2016. He kept promising things like cheap healthcare for all etc.

Not sure any of the other gop ghouls could pull that off in 2024.

Yea Trunp actually put forth policies intended to be improve the economic status of his frothing chud base (sure it was all bullshit but compare it to Ted Cruz who wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about how a trans person might use the stall next to you at an Applebee’s bathroom), now the GOP is running only giving white people an outlet to express their anger.

Which normally wouldn’t be enough to make any serious electoral gains but they can supplement it with some fresh hot voter suppression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“evangelicals” are just straight fascist now with no pretense (if there ever was )

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Another thing about trump that gets overlooked was his complete willingness to poo poo tall the war on terror and the bushes for pushing it

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

euphronius posted:

“evangelicals” are just straight fascist now with no pretense (if there ever was )

I think there was just less of them/they were less politically active; they’ve always been fash.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

euphronius posted:

yeah, the dominionists driving things up until the end of the Bush era have been replaced by plain fascists who know how to harness the culture war without needing to personally believe in it

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

dunno why this thread is for 2024 when the last election is still Legally Disputed Fraud

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
Trump always was, and will forever continue to be, president of america

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Agean90 posted:

Another thing about trump that gets overlooked was his complete willingness to poo poo tall the war on terror and the bushes for pushing it

He used aids brain rhetorical judo to get Jeb! to forget 9/11 on a debate stage and claim that his brother kept us safe

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
manahattan da has been mentioning RICO charges against are big wet prez

imo hes unstoppable even if rico has stier

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/LikeAndBlock/status/1398647851723505665

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I think the best thing of Trump is that he created a voting block of people who want what he has and will look down at anyone else. Like back with the Tea Party poo poo, they astroturfed themselves as centrist, bitched about Romney and just shut up and voted for him come November 2012. These people will absolutely be pissed at anyone running who isn't fully faithful to Trump. They won't grovel to anyone they don't like. Cruz maybe. But they see him as a bitch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he didn’t do anything novel other than not giving a gently caress about dog whistles and just whistled

Reagan did the same thing

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

euphronius posted:

he didn’t do anything novel other than not giving a gently caress about dog whistles and just whistled

Reagan had his jokes of his opponents but Trump was fully unfiltered and nasty and they love that poo poo.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

euphronius posted:

Trump is VERY Reaganesque, but added the element of an outwardly hostile rear end in a top hat. He basically perfected the Reagan formula for a modern, more awful audience

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
he is also VERY rubenesque

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bleeding kansas posted:

my BBP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

I would absolutely vote for mick foley , hope he doesn't have cte

mick foley owns

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

He didn't run on austerity and tax cuts for the rich like Republicans usually do. He governed that way, of course

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

brugroffil posted:

Trump was also viewed as more moderate than the rest of the gop field in 2016. He kept promising things like cheap healthcare for all etc.

Not sure any of the other gop ghouls could pull that off in 2024.

oh yeah absolutely. MSJ had a good segment about that in his D/C podcast. a lot of trumps ralleys had a lot of "populist" rthetoric to it that never got televised on either the big lib media machines nor fox

quote:

Every rear end in a top hat who professionally has opinions now, whether they're nominally you know, center left or center, right, or never nominally far right -- but of course, most of them are. They are all going to make absolutely goddamn motherfucking certain that when we talk about the end of the Trump era, or the Trump experiment, or the Trump phenomenon, that absolutely any kind of, quote, unquote, populism will be completely written off, along with everything else about Trump.

And in fact, most importantly, of all the things you could conceivably ascribe to Trump, because these people are loving terrified of the emergence of an actual populism that serves populist ends. Now, you could, on a certain level, argue that Trump was a populist phenomenon insofar as he built his own kind of momentum; grounds well outside the the normal institutions of political King making in this country for a while, right.

I mean, eventually, once you're the loving Republican nominee, you can hardly be calling yourself a populist anymore, can you? But he talked up a certain kind of populist rhetoric.

And I have heard reliably from a number of people who attended his less televised rallies, that there was a lot more talk on the 2016 campaign trail at those less televised rallies about things like NAFTA, and stagnation of the minimum wage, and the rising prices of health care and home ownership. A lot more that than you got in the, you know, outrage, focus news coverage, where every night was, you know, those those same loving soulless, jackals like Anderson Cooper, shaking their heads in disgrace at the fact that, you know, Donald Trump said, whatever the gently caress. I don't want to rehash a moment of that motherfuckers rhetoric. I don't want any of it ever again, please God. But it's quite obvious to anyone who knows the meaning of words that trump's presidency was not populist in any way this is going to serve as an opportunity for our re ified institutions are reinforced institutions to sweep away everything that even sort of smells like populism and to make sure that the political spectrum is narrower and less negotiable than it has ever been before in our history

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:32 on May 29, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

brugroffil posted:

He didn't run on austerity and tax cuts for the rich like Republicans usually do. He governed that way, of course

I remember tax cuts but yeah. no austerity

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Donald John Trump will promise to undo Joes misery and sail to re-election with Vice President DeSantis

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
which rallies were less televised? because i watched a ton of livestreams and im sure all the stagnant wages populism was present but it was always, even in the smallest rallies, secondary to the grievances and thirst for vengeance

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Suddenly I remember that one rally where they played video of Trump killing various organizations/people in an edit of the Kingsman movie.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

bleeding kansas posted:

Zaftig in all the right places :discourse:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ArmZ posted:

image from the 2024 gop primary:

working hard, thank you!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Chad Jihad posted:

Don't see anyone but Trump winning the 2024 primary

who?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Good Citizen posted:

Id vote for a rock before joe

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twim

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's Trump's nomination if he wants it, but 1. he might not want it, and 2. he probably loses a 2024 general without social media. But he might be content anyway so long as he gets his fill of money and rear end kisses (his appetite for both are infinite).

Gaetz will get boxed out the 2024 primary very quickly because he's too young and probably raped a teen girl. Even if he never faces consequences for doing so, the party probably doesn't want its candidate to have such an easy weak spot. Maybe after he wins a Senate or Governor race in the state and people forget about the raping.

Same thing for MTG needing to win a state-wide race first, but I feel like she could land a spot in a '24 or '28 Republican White House if she doesn't flame out before then. Is she too old to be press secretary?

IMO

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

geazt!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Agean90 posted:

LOL, yeah he poo poo talked the war on terror his entire four years in office without doing anything to change it and actually made it worse.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump was a dove, Hillary a hawk

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Both were hawks, they were just two very different kinds of equally stupid hawks

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Nonsense posted:

Trump was a dove, Hillary a hawk
TBF the woman who wrote this was the first recorded person to ever go insane from eating weed edibles

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Both were hawks, they were just two very different kinds of equally stupid hawks
yeah this.

trump actually wanted to completely yoink out of afghanistan but the military complex just went lolno and cockblocked it. trump, rightfully, thinks wars are for poors and disgusting and looks bad. however, his administration was chaulk full of ghoulish warmongering, like j-kush sucking up with the saudi elite and having saudi's do warcrimes instead with the full backing wasn't good either overall -he was a hawk in the sense that he let the swamp do everything they wanted and they would just placate him by saying "mr president ur doing great, dont worry about it, mr kelly has things under control. the people, the people love you mr president, best president ever" and just not telling him anything. he was an inactive-participate and when he tried to get active they just went lolno. there was certainly a lot of war-crimes that continued on from the momentum of the obama admin, but it was a machine that operated largely outside of trump. he was deeply loving stupid and was too cowardly to do anything about it because trump, for all his rhetoric, never actually truly thought he had power and never acted otherwise.

whereas obama and killary are/were actually directly active participates who loved bombing middle easterners and drone striking and they were fully aware that they were constantly escalating deaths and loved it.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
trumpley tried to wield the economy like an international weapon of war, but was too stupid and misinformed to own anyone but the american consumer

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
fortunately we are used to it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm still convinced Trump is going to get his Twitter account back in time for 2024, if not in a few months or by the end of the year. The GOP is obviously trying to pressure them into doing so and Jack is a nazi who had to be dragged kicking and screaming to ban him in the first place

I think eventually the GOP are going to actually land a blow on them financially (more than the Florida poo poo) and then he will cave

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Both really loving loved war and death and plunder, it's just that Trump thought we weren't doing it enough at home and Hillary thought we weren't doing it enough overseas. Had Hillary won the support for VZ Jeb! wouldnt have been so tepid and we all saw how Trump worked overtime to turn every branch of law enforcement at all levels into fists of dominance over undesirables and leftists ala the coalition of landlords and psychotics who are given free range over mineral rich land in India

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm still convinced Trump is going to get his Twitter account back in time for 2024, if not in a few months or by the end of the year. The GOP is obviously trying to pressure them into doing so and Jack is a nazi who had to be dragged kicking and screaming ban him in the first place

Yeah I am expecting a ban removal in the next couple of years because Trump will argue that he was never found in court to have caused the riot and no proof means no justification of ban