Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

Hey what is ceruleum, I may have missed this somewhere or just forgot it if its explaoned really early on.

Is it just fuel? Cool Allagan fuel? Maybe its super aether dense fuel? I know about the towers but could ceruleum just be their supplement for crystal aether power running the rest of their machines and, uh, supplementing the every other process?

It's basically just magical oil. Extremely powerful, extremely extremely explosive. The fact it is found in limited places may or may not yet be a plot point but the entire reason for the Garlean Empire's rise (at least as presented) is that they were a group of non-magic users who were forced to settle in the shittiest place in the land and it just so happened to be full of magic oil. The fact that we now know that the Garleans were basically a big ol' plot makes it seem pretty likely the entire thing was manufactured.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 29, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think it's mostly just for things that are like....immediately new. This patch just hit last Tuesday so people reading discussions from Monday might not have gotten to it yet.

I think it's kinda pointless myself but I get the spirit of it.

Yeah, just seems weird thing to do in a thread specifically made so you don't have to do that but not a big deal

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

thetoughestbean posted:

Cid started making weapons again thanks to the Omega raids and the two things he made were a gundam and a pulse that makes ceruleum explode. Jesus Christ, Cid

Technically The Gundam was just salvaged and refitted, its an Alagan Weapon. You even broke it in the first place on one of your many dungeon runs. Its the Ultima Warrior from Fractal Hard.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Technically The Gundam was just salvaged and refitted, its an Alagan Weapon. You even broke it in the first place on one of your many dungeon runs. Its the Ultima Warrior from Fractal Hard.

:psyduck: Holy poo poo, I completely forgot. It's been so long since I've done Fractal Hard. So, did that thing have a cockpit to begin with, you think?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

apostateCourier posted:

:psyduck: Holy poo poo, I completely forgot. It's been so long since I've done Fractal Hard. So, did that thing have a cockpit to begin with, you think?

Probably. The weapons in there are all prototypes for the Ultima Weapon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

apostateCourier posted:

Ultima Weapon has a cockpit, Gaius gets in it when you fight it in Prae, so presumably all these variations do too. I guess the prototype in Mhach is being piloted by one of those zombie black mages :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They all seem to have some autonomous mode. It’s not like the Allagans didn’t have AIs and artificial life all over the place.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

They all seem to have some autonomous mode. It’s not like the Allagans didn’t have AIs and artificial life all over the place.

In the case of Ultima Warrior it was specifically being used by a AI guidance system to show off how it can use the Warring Triad's aether, yeah.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Finished 5.5.

I'm really enjoying the sense of finality and conclusion to the story. We're finally putting to bed the conflicts that drive the game's earliest plot and the game's opening cutscenes, and tying up all the loose ends. It's an MMO so the adventure is never going to end until the servers shut down, but in my mind the WoL is starting to think about a future where she can finally take it easy for a while, live some life that has nothing to do with violence and destruction. I really hope we get some of that respite at the end of 6.0 instead of plunging into a new world-shattering crisis like WoW does the moment you defeat one great evil.

I'm expecting the 6.X stuff to be a lot of us helping our friends settle into their new roles now that everything is over and they all keep asking us what we're planning on doing now and our character not really having a good answer. I want a patch or two of us wondering what our place in the world is now, maybe spend some time crashing on the couch at House Fortemps while we find ourselves. Then at the end we meet some adventurers planning an expedition to The New World or wherever and we decide to come along, thinking it'll be a fun little adventure, maybe kill a few monsters and find some treasure before returning home to our friends. Then smash cut to some mysterious figure in the new expansion going "haha, some wild poo poo is about to go down, sure hope no legendary heroes decide to pop up anytime soon!"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not to start an argument but why do people use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread? I thought that was the entire purpose of the thread?

I sometimes forget to unbookmark this thread right away after a new patch comes out so I appreciate it for the first day or so.

It's probably cool to stop at this point though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't think a specific rule needs to be in place but I think spoilering stuff for a few days is nice, especially since there's multiple avenues of content/story and sometimes might want to discuss MSQ immediately but need a few days to clear Bozja or whatever

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
It's kind of weird to be spoiling thing in the spoilers thread, especially when there's a main thread already. This thread is ostensibly here to discuss spoilers, it's in the title.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah i've been skipping past all the bozja spoilers in here since i haven't finished it yet, so it's appreciated by me at least

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Bozja is also a bit of a weird case because it takes significant time investment to complete it as opposed to the couple hours to catch up on the MSQ patches. So someone might wanna talk about MSQ spoilers and speculate on where the main story is going but hasn't had time for Bozja yet.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The good news is Zadnor goes by really quickly so we can reasonably stop using spoiler tags for it after the weekend

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The second one however is all Ironworks made.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Yeah, I normally find the use of spoilers here (other than when talking about a non-FFXIV game in the process of discussing FFXIV) to be a bit silly -- there was someone upthread spoilering pre-5.5 stuff, for example -- but I'm in the camp of people who haven't finished Bozja yet despite finishing everything else from the patch, so I appreciate the continued spoiler tags.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Begemot posted:

Ultima Weapon has a cockpit, Gaius gets in it when you fight it in Prae, so presumably all these variations do too. I guess the prototype in Mhach is being piloted by one of those zombie black mages :v:
Proto-Ultima is a giant cyborg reptoid (Zurvan worshiper race). Don't know how they got him that huge, maybe Sephirot tech? Also I guess he was chosen since the design consideration was mashing up the Ultima Beast and Ultima Warrior and a reptoid looked the most similar to that. Allagans built a lot of robots in the form of their enemies, Kaliya was dragon shaped for example and it was designed to fight dragons.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Algid posted:

Proto-Ultima is a giant cyborg reptoid (Zurvan worshiper race). Don't know how they got him that huge, maybe Sephirot tech? Also I guess he was chosen since the design consideration was mashing up the Ultima Beast and Ultima Warrior and a reptoid looked the most similar to that. Allagans built a lot of robots in the form of their enemies, Kaliya was dragon shaped for example and it was designed to fight dragons.

Allag has been depicted as arrogant enough to do something like this to just add insult to injury. "Stop hitting yourself" the weapon.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Go gently caress yourself, Blizzard, and your stance of ''Eternal genocidal race war is actually a good thing that makes all societies involved stronger and Azeroth would have been destroyed otherwise.'

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just want the Kobold leader to show up more so I can hear him talk more.

The Ixal leader was also pretty great.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 29, 2021

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
where's the dragon rep

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

The good news is Zadnor goes by really quickly so we can reasonably stop using spoiler tags for it after the weekend

Is it fast even at min mettle which is what 10? (Though cll and dr gave me 11)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep
still sleeping inside warrior of light after tanking omega

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Is it fast even at min mettle which is what 10? (Though cll and dr gave me 11)

from what I've heard from friends 10-15 literally zoom by, but even 15-20 is really fast

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess I should go do that before trying for CLL relic runs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah it doesn't slow down until the second zone unlocks which is...rank 18 I think? And it didn't start to feel like a grind until the third zone which is...22?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cythereal posted:

Go gently caress yourself, Blizzard, and your stance of ''Eternal genocidal race war is actually a good thing that makes all societies involved stronger and Azeroth would have been destroyed otherwise.'

They really need a bigger table now, though. And some proper chairs for the beast tribe leaders!

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

Dragons don't have a cohesive society, they seem to have a bunch of loose family ties. Probably because being immortal, asexually-reproducing beings removes a lot of the pressures encouraging socialization.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

ehll tou flew in with the WoL but is too busy running a food cart outside

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

Sleeping in the WoL's pocket.

"Oh for gently caress's sake it's just the Final Days, y'all got this. I'm going back to sleep now, kick an Ascian rear end for me. Zzzz..."

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

Estinien didn’t want to show up because Aymeric would ask him too many questions

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

they probably consider it already a given that dragons will defend the planet that's their home with their lives and if they want help mobilizing they'll approach Ishgard on their own terms

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I have been on Balmung too long.

It took me awhile to read rep with the letters in the proper order.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Twibbit posted:

I have been on Balmung too long.

It took me awhile to read rep with the letters in the proper order.

While there is unfortunately no dragon representative in the grand company of eorzea, there is, frighteningly, plenty of dragon erotic roleplay

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

Dragons seem to prefer to work through mortal intermediaries. They may also just be really hard to gather in time. Besides, Vidofnir probably couldn't fit in the room.

It does make me wonder, actually, if the Ishgardian superstition that dragons can take human form is real, or just is a misunderstanding based off the Heretic situation.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jetrauben posted:

Dragons seem to prefer to work through mortal intermediaries. They may also just be really hard to gather in time. Besides, Vidofnir probably couldn't fit in the room.

It does make me wonder, actually, if the Ishgardian superstition that dragons can take human form is real, or just is a misunderstanding based off the Heretic situation.

Fear...

cheetah7071 posted:

While there is unfortunately no dragon representative in the grand company of eorzea, there is, frighteningly, plenty of dragon erotic roleplay

Or hope?!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Why are people using so many spoiler tags in this, the spoiler thread?

Edit: - Nevermind, seems someone else already brought it up.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not to start an argument but why do people use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread? I thought that was the entire purpose of the thread?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think it's mostly just for things that are like....immediately new. This patch just hit last Tuesday so people reading discussions from Monday might not have gotten to it yet.

I think it's kinda pointless myself but I get the spirit of it.

If people don't want to be spoiled, they shouldn't come to the spoiler thread then. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Roll credits on Shadowbringers.

For the most part, a really good expansion. Most part. Zenos is one of the lamest villains I've ever seen in a video game, and Fandango isn't much better.