Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There are lots of homophobic slurs that reference anal sex. It's not a novel concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I say, Holmes, why do the homosexuals burgle so many turds anyway? What use could they possibly have for so much excrement?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

Truly no demographic in history has been as oppressed as the anti-vaxxers

https://twitter.com/JakeLobin/status/1398384490691665936?s=19

That star was put there by a member of a far right death cult, so in a way it is like Nazi Germany.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Grimdude posted:

It's Always Sunny did a bit about cocksucker being a homophobic insult, and even before seeing that it made sense how it was directly attacking gay men.

Turd burglar though? I literally just picture like The Hamburglar except he's sneaking into people's homes and stealing unflushed poo poo from the toilet. Seems like a pretty comical way to insult someone. Don't get me wrong; I'm looking at wiktionary/urban dictionary and it's definitely a homophobic slur according to them. It just seems, I don't know, like a weak insult to begin with if that was the intent.

It being a homophobic slur in particular also seems to ignore the fact that men have anal sex with women as well.

Anal sex is the set of sexual activities all pairings can get behind.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I've never seen this before, and I thank you so much for posting it. This is eight seconds of pure glee, and I am working this into my insult rotation stat! Also, obligatory "Hey, it's Danny Trejo! :D"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Polyseme posted:

Anal sex is the set of sexual activities all pairings can get behind.

but only half of them at a time.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Seems like a lack of creativity on your part.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Grimdude posted:

It being a homophobic slur in particular also seems to ignore the fact that men have anal sex with women as well.

Not in my experience.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Qylvaran posted:

Seems like a lack of creativity on your part.

The ourobutthole

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Skwirl posted:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Truly no demographic in history has been as oppressed as the anti-vaxxers

https://twitter.com/JakeLobin/status/1398384490691665936?s=19

This literally makes me see red. I need to log off and go for a jog or something.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: non problematic insults. I am partial to Fuckknuckle.

It contains the comedy K's, and as shown above, is difficult to spell as a single word, (Should I use a hyphen? Is it only the one K? etc.)

Also in the past I have been guilty of calling people "Arse Bandits" in a derogatory manner. Which, much like Turd Burglar, is homophobic in origin. But I still like the idea that there are bandits out there, trying to steal my arse, or the other interpretation that there are a group of arses who have turned to a life of crime.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: non problematic insults. I am partial to Fuckknuckle.

So it's fisting?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I said the thing about "mother fucker" being the only non -ist insult just because I thought it was funny because "mother fucker" is considered highly offensive and much more innocuous sounding insults like "idiot" or "dumb" have as their roots outdated clinical terminology for genuine medical conditions

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://twitter.com/dexxe/status/1398127587826733056

:psypop: What the gently caress

e: It's fake? That's one tiny shred of faith in humanity restored.

Schubalts has a new favorite as of 04:18 on May 29, 2021

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

OwlFancier posted:

Nadine dorries, for context, was the first UK politician to catch covid and is probably responsible for giving it to a sizeable fraction of the government.

I really don't need any reasons to think well of nadine dorries

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Grimdude posted:

It's Always Sunny did a bit about cocksucker being a homophobic insult, and even before seeing that it made sense how it was directly attacking gay men.

Turd burglar though? I literally just picture like The Hamburglar except he's sneaking into people's homes and stealing unflushed poo poo from the toilet. Seems like a pretty comical way to insult someone. Don't get me wrong; I'm looking at wiktionary/urban dictionary and it's definitely a homophobic slur according to them. It just seems, I don't know, like a weak insult to begin with if that was the intent.

It was a phrase invented by a man well known for joking about gay men dying of aids on national television, as a direct reference to gay men during a bit saying how disgusting they were.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I would like to give a shoutout to Francis Grose's 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue for all your antiquated insult needs. I find it amazing how many of these are still in common use, and how many utterly amazing slams that have been lost to time. My favourite is "Fartcatcher" to refer to a footman, because he spends all day following close behind his master.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5402

Whenever I'm playing D&D I plunder this liberally for the many, many dickensian street urchins I play.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Skwirl posted:

I said the thing about "mother fucker" being the only non -ist insult just because I thought it was funny because "mother fucker" is considered highly offensive and much more innocuous sounding insults like "idiot" or "dumb" have as their roots outdated clinical terminology for genuine medical conditions

To be fair, "motherfucker" has as its roots an outdated clinical terminology for living in Alabama.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
A former coworker of mine was very fond of just calling someone a "ham." As in "you absolute ham" or "you complete and utter ham." Sometimes just calling people a random noun and letting the tone of your voice carry that you're extremely disappointed in them works pretty well, and most nouns won't have any weird connotations or slur-adjacent vibes!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1398410922352250886

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1398558076056264708

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Naomi Wolf was once a high level advisor to a two term Democrat president.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What if you don’t have a butt?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Cockwombler” is a fun one to say. I’ve seen it as an insult to Tories, so at least the use is proper. No idea about the origin though.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Some light-hearted IOSM.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/InsaneLetterbox/status/1398489589715812353

The women in the story are idiots, but they aren't on social media per se.

For those, check out all the people in the replies thinking the kid is the problem here.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
https://twitter.com/Steve_Sailer/status/1398584614881435653?s=19

From the comments of that one

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

underclass blacks

not seeing anything about their race in the original story lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hawowanlawow posted:

underclass blacks

One gets called white trash so they are specifically white or one is I guess

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

underclass blacks

At least one person in the story is explicitly white!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

big huge brain on this guy
https://twitter.com/Steve_Sailer/status/1398565128996474887

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus Christ

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
This fucker has oodles of racist tweets. I wonder why they're left to stand. :magemage:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Warning : Transphobia

So a UK boardgames distributor, Coiled Spring, decided to team up with Mumsnet to do a giveaway.

https://twitter.com/coiledspring/status/1397643793248161795

Obviously the result of this is that lots of games shops are refusing to do business with them because Mumsnet is a hotbed of transphobia. My local games shop made a post about it and broadly people were very supportive

Enter some total shithead who made a big long post equivocating being a Trans person with sexuality and how trans rights are essentially opening the door for paedophiles. No one else had brought up paedophiles at this point, it was just out of the blue.

Sadly I do not have that post, but wait what's this?

Looks like this guy sure does have somethings to say about paedophiles then

Someone posted that in this thread to which he responded.

Very shaky grasp of the law there, quoting someone verbatim is not defamation. But what professional background? Well this man is a mental health nurse.

After getting banned from the page he calmed right down and thought about what he had written.....and decided he was absolutely right.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Me, an intellectual, seeing a company losing a ton of business and goodwill for siding with terfs: "Get woke go broke"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well I, personally, think that, therefore this must be the rational thing to do and everyone else will also do it, thus proving me correct.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Captain Monkey posted:

It’s a fake oppression and they put it there themselves.

Yesterday we stopped by a winery downtown we haven't been to in ages. As we're checking out this couple stopped outside the door and the guy pointed at the sign in the window saying "Please kindly wear a mask inside." Note it's not strictly mandatory, the owner said to us as we went in, "I'm vaccinated, if you are too and are comfortable removing your masks feel free, but we'll have to put them back on if someone else comes in."

Got the vibe that they were on a date and the girl was not into it at all. We heard him say something to the effect of, "If they tell me to put on a mask...." and then proceeded to drag this poor girl inside. He walked around the entire store talking way too loudly and clearly trying to get us to look at him and say something; the girl kept shushing him and asking to leave.

We all ignored him (and the owner switched our conversation over to talking about how much worse her great-grandmother had it in the 1918 pandemic) and he eventually just huffed and stormed out. They actively want to be "oppressed" so they can "fight for their freedom" by...yelling at the nicest older lady who owns this little shop :911:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Grimdude posted:

This is sort of like saying "queer wasn't originally a slur because it just means 'odd'!" "Turd burglar was used as a homophobic slur, and it doesn't stop being a homophobic slur because straights also engage in the behavior. As seen upthread, compare "cocksucker".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yesterday we stopped by a winery downtown we haven't been to in ages. As we're checking out this couple stopped outside the door and the guy pointed at the sign in the window saying "Please kindly wear a mask inside." Note it's not strictly mandatory, the owner said to us as we went in, "I'm vaccinated, if you are too and are comfortable removing your masks feel free, but we'll have to put them back on if someone else comes in."

Got the vibe that they were on a date and the girl was not into it at all. We heard him say something to the effect of, "If they tell me to put on a mask...." and then proceeded to drag this poor girl inside. He walked around the entire store talking way too loudly and clearly trying to get us to look at him and say something; the girl kept shushing him and asking to leave.

We all ignored him (and the owner switched our conversation over to talking about how much worse her great-grandmother had it in the 1918 pandemic) and he eventually just huffed and stormed out. They actively want to be "oppressed" so they can "fight for their freedom" by...yelling at the nicest older lady who owns this little shop :911:

It's so tiring. Fuckers all want to be Mel Gibson, but the most bravery they'll ever exhibit is trying to get some retail cashier fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PurpleXVI posted:

A former coworker of mine was very fond of just calling someone a "ham." As in "you absolute ham" or "you complete and utter ham." Sometimes just calling people a random noun and letting the tone of your voice carry that you're extremely disappointed in them works pretty well, and most nouns won't have any weird connotations or slur-adjacent vibes!

Calling someone a ham means that they're being theatrical and overdramatic (see also "ham it up," to perform in an exaggerated manner). It can also easily be interpreted as a pejorative for an overweight person. That is neither random nor free of connotation!

I know it is a garbage hate site, but I still reel at the absolute nerve of saying "we have zero tolerance for transphobia, but more importantly, trans people existing is domestic violence."