Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jetfire posted:

All he needs to do for a heel turn is voluntarily cut his hair.

Why wouldn't you at least do a hair match and have, say, Marko laugh seeing him with his hair shaved, boom, big heel beatdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jungle Boy is kind of bland at the moment and a heel turn could help that a bit

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
catching up on the first hour of dynamite I missed; Darby hasn't lost a bit of energy with the title, he's still over like rover

edit:
yoooo! Cezar and Darby working their asses off here, I'm digging this!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Scorpio Sky doin' pretty good on the stick here tbqh, way better energy than he has had before and the crowd reaction is helping sell it

loving this post match scuffle!!

edit:
paul wight hosting something in the ring is cool

did y'all figure out who the new guy hanging out with Factory is?

what the gently caress is this insane cody poo poo lmao

smarxist fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 29, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So is Willie fired yet or what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

So is Willie fired yet or what?

HR staff don't typically work weekends

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i have literally no idea what to expect from stadium stampede 2

edit:
that hobbs/cage brawl was cool as gently caress

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

smarxist posted:

i have literally no idea what to expect from stadium stampede 2

i imagine it's going to take place in a stadium

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

HR staff don't typically work weekends

I feel like if you have an on air guy who is presumably working your big ppv in a day, you pay the HR person the over time to come in on Saturday and get ahead of this thing. At least announce he won't be on the ppv. If he's not, much like that other guy said, I'm going to be getting a refund if I can. There should be zero tolerance for this poo poo and the response should be immediate and as harsh as possible.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Janela VS Hangman is good as hell, these boys have chemistry

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like if you have an on air guy who is presumably working your big ppv in a day, you pay the HR person the over time to come in on Saturday and get ahead of this thing. At least announce he won't be on the ppv. If he's not, much like that other guy said, I'm going to be getting a refund if I can. There should be zero tolerance for this poo poo and the response should be immediate and as harsh as possible.

Lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1398679085258207235

:)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fantastic.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Considering all the HR and contract review needed for that to happen, 13ish hours is pretty drat good turn around for that type of release. Well done AEW.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Cool the racist has been fired let’s go back to talking about how great Shida is and how fun this weekend is gonna be!!!

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

another win for the good guys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You love to see it. I wonder if they can get Hugo Savinovich or someone to work remotely on short notice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, that could be a 'Tony or Cody said he's done, the paperwork won't be done until Monday'.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

By wrestling company standards 13 hours is lightning Fast.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I’m glad it wasn’t Abrahantes that said the lovely thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

You love to see it. I wonder if they can get Hugo Savinovich or someone to work remotely on short notice.

They've got Alex, Dasha and Rosa so unless Willie was the only one who could do play-by-play they're fine

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I’m glad it wasn’t Abrahantes that said the lovely thing

Same. Would have been disappointed in him. Anyway this whole situation is made even more idiotic by the fact that Shida's promo fuckin ruled.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't he there partly because Alex has been working as Penta's manager?

And not that this should even matter, but Shida barely even has a noticeable accent! English is obviously a second language for her, but her pronunciation is great.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

At the same time Hugo doing BRUTAL at an AEW show would be awesome

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Rarity posted:

They've got Alex, Dasha and Rosa so unless Willie was the only one who could do play-by-play they're fine

Don't forget Sammy Guevara, he would make an excellent addition to Spanish commentary.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oil! posted:

Don't forget Sammy Guevara, he would make an excellent addition to Spanish commentary.

He's gonna a bit busy getting thrown off the stadium roof

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

You don't fire people without HR involved. And yeah, most HR is salaried, so they'll be pissed at the 2 hours of paperwork on a weekend, but that's part of the gig.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gaz-L posted:

And not that this should even matter, but Shida barely even has a noticeable accent! English is obviously a second language for her, but her pronunciation is great.

Willie’s been working there for at least a year, if not longer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

*translated from Spanish* And now I'm gonna do a sweet flip onto Wardlow from section F!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Rarity posted:

If Nakazawa can wrestle in a headset, so can Sammy.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
LAX should do Spanish Commentary. Especially if they're the ones currently wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yaya posted:

LAX should do Spanish Commentary. Especially if they're the ones currently wrestling

Speaking of, I noticed Kingston was wearing an actual LAX shirt in the promo segment.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I will never not smile at sting wearing a sting facemask and no selling punches

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love The Bastard

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

i love The Bastard

I loved how he went straight from getting booed for not being OC to getting cheered as soon as Kenny showed up

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

For real. I feel like she's harder on herself about her accent than any reasonable native English speaker would be. You can understand everything she says perfectly fine.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this championship segment owns and gosh OC holding big plat looks really loving good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't get over how good Kenny opening the envelope only for the shredded pieces of the contract to just.. scatter to the wind is. Sometimes the weather at Daily's ruins segments, sometimes it makes them.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
pretty great match between Cargill and King for showing off both talents, also curious to see where this smart mark stirling thing goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Vince MechMahon posted:

For real. I feel like she's harder on herself about her accent than any reasonable native English speaker would be. You can understand everything she says perfectly fine.

She's gotten much better over the past year.

Her vocabulary is still very limited and her promos very short as a result, but a year ago her accent was a lot more noticeable. It's insanely difficult to learn a second language, especially one as different from Japanese as English. She's made some lovely strides.