Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
We Jizzards and Whizzards must unite against our true foe, the foul Brony von Hands, The Horseror, for his role in the Horse Heresy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Majizzian

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cumjuror.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Semenomancer

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:cumpolice:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Screaming Idiot posted:

*jerks off and ejaculates a fireball, incinerating a squad of orks*

can't do that again without a Long Rest

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

SiKboy posted:

Cumjuror.

Prestijizzitator

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Kruleboyz have just be announced, look like regular Orc Boyz crossed with Hobgoblins, with a little of the old Fimir use of mists - but more importantly they use silly looking shields with faces on. Got some old orc Boyz, and wanna update them to Kruleboyz? Use these shields from Warmonger Miniatures!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LashLightning posted:

Kruleboyz have just be announced, look like regular Orc Boyz crossed with Hobgoblins, with a little of the old Fimir use of mists - but more importantly they use silly looking shields with faces on. Got some old orc Boyz, and wanna update them to Kruleboyz? Use these shields from Warmonger Miniatures!

I feel you, LFS2. :smith:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Silly orc faced shields are from the early days of WHFB so that's Cool And Good

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ACCAB

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

LashLightning posted:

Yeah my response to the Kruleboyz was that I was kinda meh on most of it, as they look more like a mix of WoW orcs and LotR orcs than Warhammer, but I’m completely on board with the return of face shields!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

can't do that again without a Long Rest

Maybe when you're above 30 you can't gramps

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

lilljonas posted:

Yeah my response to the Kruleboyz was that I was kinda meh on most of it, as they look more like a mix of WoW orcs and LotR orcs than Warhammer, but I’m completely on board with the return of face shields!

They are bizzarely similar to LotR in styling considering that GW actually still release stuff for LotR. I do however quite like them, even with the face shields they are less goofy looking than alot of Ork stuff while still high fantasy. Probably thanks to the face shields.

The obligatory Stormcast half of the box on the other hand is pretty forgettable aside from a couple of the characters like the winged lady.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Still looks better than the Hero Quest remake version

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

his coming was foretold in the ancient texts!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

lilljonas posted:

They look like they're from a parallel reality where GW continued with the Gorkamorka style orcs with more slender proportions, rather than the Brian Nelson green apes of 3e 40k/6e Whfb

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Yesssssss I am here for this poo poo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Moola posted:

his coming was foretold in the ancient texts!

lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

you're supposed to cut the runners off of plastic models

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Silhouette posted:

They look like they're from a parallel reality where GW continued with the Gorkamorka style orcs with more slender proportions, rather than the Brian Nelson green apes of 3e 40k/6e Whfb

That style cursed the entire ork range with the ugliest plastic infantries in both Fantasy or 40K for literally decades now. This is probably the best improvement on an existing aesthetic (ghosts are second) since AoS launched

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

On the topic of 3D printables, I guess it might actually be a bit too easy to mine considering the lack of the restrains of traditional production

https://spikeybits.com/store/Pinup-Thing-Ghamak-p336042314

But some artistic choices are still weird to see

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

On the topic of 3D printables, I guess it might actually be a bit too easy to mine considering the lack of the restrains of traditional production

I don't even know what's happening in that picture. It's just a mess of plastic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

That style cursed the entire ork range with the ugliest plastic infantries in both Fantasy or 40K for literally decades now. This is probably the best improvement on an existing aesthetic (ghosts are second) since AoS launched

The green apes really were ugly as hell

And not in a cool loveable ugly 2nd edition ork way

Unfortunately these new orcs are also ugly but for different reasons

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I don't even know what's happening in that picture. It's just a mess of plastic.

A tragic one handed Blender accident

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

LashLightning posted:

just how many of those shields are going to be ahegao

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Moola posted:

The green apes really were ugly as hell

And not in a cool loveable ugly 2nd edition ork way

Unfortunately these new orcs are also ugly but for different reasons

In my hierarchy of orks they would rate:

Oldhammer/2nd ed orks
GorkaMorka orks
GW LotR orks
Krull orks
90s green gorilla orks (good metal kits)
GW knockoff orx
GW knockoff orXXX
90s green gorilla orks (most metal and all plastic)

So scientifically the krulboys are still at least a 100 % improvement, and I say that as someone who has no love for most AoS output

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Rogue Trader Orks were absolutely fantastic. So much character.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

1) I have decided to sculpt a big gribbly monster!
2) And I want to sculpt tits.
3) I heard randomly putting tits on monsters is bad.
4) What if I have the big monster morphing into a lady-thing with big tits?
5) I should put this on my Patreon where everyone expects to get minis with tits!
6) Why are people giving me weird looks?

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 31, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ugleb posted:

1) I have decided to sculpt a big gribbly monster!
2) And I want to sculpt tits.
3) I heard randomly putting tits on monsters is bad.
4) What if I have the big monster morphing into a lady-thing with big tits?
5) I should put this on my Patreon where everyone expects to get minis with tits!
6) Why are people giving me weird looks?

4a) lady thing should be waving a double ended dildo in a vaguely threatening fashion.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is she meant to be riding on the base of its tail? They've arranged that picture terribly.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

Rogue Trader Orks were absolutely fantastic. So much character.

Even the monopose plastic goffs with pistol and axe had more character, and detail! than the plastic "multipose*" boys that replaced them

* you can now rotate the axe arm too!!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

goatface posted:

Is she meant to be riding on the base of its tail? They've arranged that picture terribly.

I think she IS the tail, but also she’s sitting on another tail.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think she is just "sexily" grinding the big demon's tail while waving a double ender instead of a pom-pom.

Though it does leave her buttocks much smaller than I would expect given the size they made her breasts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Whatever sir mix-a-lot.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'm pretty sure she's just straddling the tail, but from the view under her arm, it's really hard to tell where her butt stops and the tail begins.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

In my hierarchy of orks they would rate:

Oldhammer/2nd ed orks
GorkaMorka orks
GW LotR orks
Krull orks
90s green gorilla orks (good metal kits)
GW knockoff orx
GW knockoff orXXX
90s green gorilla orks (most metal and all plastic)

So scientifically the krulboys are still at least a 100 % improvement, and I say that as someone who has no love for most AoS output

:hmmorks:

this is a good list

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Desfore posted:

I'm pretty sure she's just straddling the tail, but from the view under her arm, it's really hard to tell where her butt stops and the tail begins.

What makes you think it does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Spikey Bitz CEO

Only registered members can see post attachments!