Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gats Akimbo posted:

Obviously it's time to build the Trans-Bering Railway.
When i was a nippah Alaska an' Russia were seperate countries, you knew where you were wiv that. Nah days, you got all these trans bering railways and you're gonna end up wiv russians tryin' to sneak into Alaskan barfrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

winegums posted:

Weirdest Mr Brightside parody i've heard, but fair enough.

It’s from a schadenfreude thread hall of famer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I was resisting the urge to post it but sod it.

If you want your 90's/00's music memes it's a good channel.
:bisonyes:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So Boris got married today apparently

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

Who paid for it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

blunt posted:

Who paid for it?

Carrie's going to be paying for it her whole life :v:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Who bought this

Did you buy it

SHOW YOURSELF

Currently stuck in customs, last i heard the DUP are running 'tests' on it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Test came back positive for sodomy and extramarital sex.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

smellmycheese posted:

He'll do anything to get out of a full day's work. So, honeymoon now?

e: A private ceremony at Westminster Catherderal? How do you manage that?

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 29, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Had a mate threaten to break a bishop's knees probably.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Boris Jr No 9 being made tonight.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to see the outcome of a les enfants terribles project that uses boris in place of big boss.

What does perfect boris look like, what does failed boris look like?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I swear if he fucks off for three weeks, it means he can get away with invading the Rhineland.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

What does failed boris look like?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm imagining one of them has to be steve bell boris but I'm not sure which.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

All Boris is perfect. All Boris is failure. Punished Boris.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He can't be venom boris because he's killed that many people he wouldn't be able to fit in the commons chamber with the amount of metal sticking out of his head.

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

blunt posted:

Who paid for it?

Harry Cole

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

He can't be venom boris because he's killed that many people he wouldn't be able to fit in the commons chamber with the amount of metal sticking out of his head.
Maybe it gets constantly harvested to build the new HMY Are Liz or those rudderless buses.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps that is why he missed the cobra meetings, as he had his head clamped in front of one of those industrial shredders.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

He didn't even get the byline hahaha

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Trickjaw posted:

He'll do anything to get out of a full day's work. So, honeymoon now?

e: A private ceremony at Westminster Catherderal? How do you manage that?

Westminster Cathedral is not Westminster Abbey (for a start it's Catholic - I didn't know Johnson was, but his attitude to birth control makes more sense now) and as he lives in its (very small) parish it is actually his church.

That's the same loophole all the City boys used to use to get married in St. Paul's - there's a few hundred flats around Ludgate for which St. Paul's acts as parish church, and in the 80s they were changing hands for an even more ridiculous premium than flats around there normally do because if you lived there for a year and turned up for a couple of services you would be entitled to get married there. They've changed that to a lottery for the whole diocese now though because the CoE at least sometimes *attempts* to pretend it's not giving salvation to the highest bidder.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

OwlFancier posted:

Venom Boris is Keir Stammer surgically altered and hypnotised into thinking he's a Tory Prime Minister.

Also they gave him a different set of clothes so there will be an actual difference.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Westminster Cathedral is not Westminster Abbey (for a start it's Catholic - I didn't know Johnson was, but his attitude to birth control makes more sense now) and as he lives in its (very small) parish it is actually his church.

That's the same loophole all the City boys used to use to get married in St. Paul's - there's a few hundred flats around Ludgate for which St. Paul's acts as parish church, and in the 80s they were changing hands for an even more ridiculous premium than flats around there normally do because if you lived there for a year and turned up for a couple of services you would be entitled to get married there. They've changed that to a lottery for the whole diocese now though because the CoE at least sometimes *attempts* to pretend it's not giving salvation to the highest bidder.

Twisto to the rescue, once more

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

arsenal gear is just a giant inflated dominic cummings head

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

Carrie's going to be paying for it her whole life :v:

IDK, he historically hasn't been great at negotiating divorces.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

arsenal gear is just a giant inflated dominic cummings head

I think that cummings would be otacon in this analogy.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Great now I've got a mental image of otkau cummings. He has a body pillow of roko's basilisk.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Checks out, this image is torturing my mind.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

happyhippy posted:

Boris Jr No 9 being made tonight.

9 ± 3 (95% CI)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

He's Ramon Salazar who somehow ended up in the wrong game.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Trickjaw posted:

Twisto to the rescue, once more

The only non-royals who can marry at the Abbey are the people who live within its precincts (so basically the clergy there and I suppose any staff or of-age pupils at Westminster School).

If he was CoE he could have got married in St. Margaret's, which is the church between the Abbey and Parliament, as that would have been his parish church, but personally if I were him I'd convert to Methodism to get married at Central Hall just across the road. It seats like 2,000 so he could have invited his kids, too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Otoh the core social tenet of Methodism is to work to your utmost to improve the lives of others, so I think he'd just go for the other one and charge a bunch of those plastic chairs you got in assembly to his expenses.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We never had chairs at assembly, luxury, we had to sit on't floor and wey liiiked et so we did.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lot of Catholics very, very angry that a twice-divorcee has managed to get married at the big house when official Catholic doctrine is that divorced people can't get married in a Catholic ceremony *at all* (apparently they only stopped officially excommunicating divorcees who remarry outside the church really recently).

Also I'm guessing Blair is *really* hosed off that he spent his entire time in power hiding his Catholicism (and *alleged* extramarital affair(s)) while Johnson just parades his adulterous arse straight into the Mother Church.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I simply cannot imagine the catholic church bowing to political pressure from temporal authorities.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BORIS

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More evidence for the unfortunate link between "lol no1 cares anymore" with regards to religious dogma, sex life, personal matters, &c. and "lol no1 cares anymore" with regards to basic competence at your public office.

I'll still take it over keeping both the sex stuff and the incompetence in the dark and all the abuse and blackmail that goes along with it, but lol at Boris Johnson having a Catholic ceremony when Charlie couldn't even get a CofE one.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Extra-large lols that according to the Beeb the only UK political leader to comment so far has been Arlene Foster, who congratulated the couple presumably through teeth so gritted that it came out like a steam whistle - he fucks up NI with the Brexit deal, then just as marching season is getting into its stride (:v:) he casually drops that he's a papist into the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Extra-large lols that according to the Beeb the only UK political leader to comment so far has been Arlene Foster, who congratulated the couple presumably through teeth so gritted that it came out like a steam whistle - he fucks up NI with the Brexit deal, then just as marching season is getting into its stride (:v:) he casually drops that he's a papist into the mix.

Noo, I think she loved loving it over