Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Please no snuff .gifs in the Social Media thread k thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, it looks like she lands just about as flat as can be but it's nuts to want to take that bump onto some crappy wood AND THEN a hardwood floor. OOF.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

In front of a few dozen people for what most likely wasn't alot of money

becoming a paraplegic ~for the art~

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

In front of a few dozen people for what most likely wasn't alot of money

becoming a paraplegic ~for the art~

she’s literally fine

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t get me wrong it’s definitely safer than it looks and it’s very funny that people are mad about it, but it’s a pretty mediocre spot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you slow the video down or watch it a lot you can take a pretty clear note of the weight distribution coming down on those boards, and how much of it is mitigated. the force placed on them and which is broken by the boards (leading to them all breaking as a unit) is such that the bump is painful on the rest of the body but barely more than any other regular bump, while dispersing a lot of the force that would otherwise have been placed on her shoulder area specifically which would have otherwise led to the overly dangerous force on the neck if the boards weren't hit properly or weren't there. the hands don't really do a lot in terms of mitigation but what they do is signify that this wrestler is well aware of what's happening and is completely tightening the neck muscles to keep the head tucked throughout the spot. your neck is extremely strong in a preventative sense if you know you're using it for that purpose, and hands behind the head act more as a secondary brace for something like a chair coming the other way up to the neck unexpectedly, as well as a shield against potential wood splintering. in terms of safety if 10 is a forward shoulder roll and 1 is vic grimes, this spot is a 6.2. anything over 5 is nothing to be upset with without being a hypocrit for enjoying any pro wrestling at all. and i'm not going after anyone in saying that. just trying to educate. finally, i thought of a silly thing to take the edge off this seriousness. how much air is inside of an air mattress? how much air is over top of those boards and chairs, and under it? a lot more. ha ha

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My only critique is the performer doing the move is a coward for staying safe on the apron. You do something that painful and dangerous you better put yourself in the line of fire too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That bump went about as well as it could, which is still quite bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1398792720706158593?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard posted:

My only critique is the performer doing the move is a coward for staying safe on the apron. You do something that painful and dangerous you better put yourself in the line of fire too.
Apparently that's her boyfriend lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I absolutely need this as a HeroQuest figurine.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

Have people here never watched wrestling before?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wanna see people here watch Zona 23

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

Same.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I wanna see people here go to the junkyard

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

I wish I could

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love is real

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Unironically love that spot. This spot from the same show is also sick

https://twitter.com/jocay19/status/1398762338665304068?s=21

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

I go to the yonke fairly often to look for parts pal.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm tempted to say any spot you walk away from, though I know that's probably not a good rule of thumb

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm tempted to say any spot you walk away from, though I know that's probably not a good rule of thumb

Particularly if you lose a thumb

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/moxsickfuck/status/1398826566948433920?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Oops

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

just came across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRrDQte1Jes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is not a remix.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Sounds like it should be in the Binding of Isaac.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

yeah yeah ive watched stranger things :rolleyes:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bread Man has discovered a new love.

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1398988377991483398

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Fire hot, water wet, wrestling fans terrible.

https://twitter.com/washyheights/status/1398683327964585986

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/WCW_2021/status/1398898780846522375?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So that's what American Dragon and Brock Lesnar have been doing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
any idea if that is anything but some rando making a twitter account

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flatluigi posted:

dave meltzer confirmed its real on WOR

edit: sorry, i thought this was about if kojima's favorite meal was panda express

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flatluigi posted:

There is 0 percent chance this is real or not a scam. The WWE owns WCW, WWE would never tag AEW in anything. This is just some weirdo posting some bullshit, probably trying to get some scam cash and tagging every big wrestling company on twitter to get more eyeballs before it is taken down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This happens every few months

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh I fully believe it's a scam no matter what, there's just levels of scams and it could be someone who yanked a trademark that expired or w/e

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean what else does Shane have beyond trying to get WCW back up and running again?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This exact same thing happened last year except with a bunch of fake legal documents posted at the same time.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean what else does Shane have beyond trying to get WCW back up and running again?

tank abbott will be the face of WCW Thunderground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

History Comes Inside! posted:

This exact same thing happened last year except with a bunch of fake legal documents posted at the same time.

I remember this, it fizzled out pretty quick and was announced the exact same way