Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Dominic has the power to make sure everyone who takes his class comes away from it having learned the absolute most they possibly could. He could use his second sight to present information in a way that his students would best be able to absorb it. With so few (presumably) high-level students, he has absolutely no reason not to present them with individualized learning plans.

Instead he plays Second Sight gatekeeper and gently caress all those lazy students who drop his course because they're just not dedicated enough. He should be getting in trouble with the school board or whatever because everyone who passes his class passes with an 'A;' not because 50% of the people who take it fail instantly before classes ever begin.

Beelzebufo posted:

This is just gross. This is supposed to be Dominic being a gentleman I guess and not lusting after his student, just apparently lusting after her body with his wife's head on it.
I think it's supposed to be him lusting after her clothes with his wife wearing them, but that isn't significantly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

PoptartsNinja posted:

Dominic has the power to make sure everyone who takes his class comes away from it having learned the absolute most they possibly could. He could use his second sight to present information in a way that his students would best be able to absorb it. With so few (presumably) high-level students, he has absolutely no reason not to present them with individualized learning plans.

Instead he plays Second Sight gatekeeper and gently caress all those lazy students who drop his course because they're just not dedicated enough. He should be getting in trouble with the school board or whatever because everyone who passes his class passes with an 'A;' not because 50% of the people who take it fail instantly before classes ever begin.
I think it's supposed to be him lusting after her clothes with his wife wearing them, but that isn't significantly better.
Mookie could've had Dominic say that half of the class was going to drop the class for other reasons and he knew this from his second sight if Mookie wanted to keep his hands clean, but apparently not.

You can't tell because Mookie can't draw more than one body type. (He can't draw that one body type either, but that's another problem)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

(mildly NSFW)

First thing that came to mind when I saw the Luna Harem again

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Holy poo poo.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
What was it like to be an OG Deegan fan back then, just waiting for the next big arc to start and instead getting an endless stream of pointless C-Plots with characters they don’t care about. This is about as close to filler episodes as you can get in a webcomic (unless you’re the legacy of Dominic Deegan).

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Beelzebufo posted:

Oh yeah get ready for a lot of terrible poo poo with Melna, because this arc is where she admits that she's in love with Stonewater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mivrErfhEUU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheHan posted:

What was it like to be an OG Deegan fan back then, just waiting for the next big arc to start and instead getting an endless stream of pointless C-Plots with characters they don’t care about. This is about as close to filler episodes as you can get in a webcomic (unless you’re the legacy of Dominic Deegan).

I feel like by this point there just weren’t many OG fans left. The Storm of Souls broke his fanbase by being a poorly plotted power fantasy, and then Jazz Hands happened and it all just fell apart - what few forums were around still devoted to him either turned into hate-readers or got reset constantly as the few fans remaining tried to wipe away all of the pointing and laughing.

For us who were hate-reading it at the time, it didn’t matter - big plots or filler plots were all crap revealing how bad a writer, artist, and general person Mookie was. Quite frankly, once the plot started to move into the big final arc it got so loving boring and tedious we were wishing for the days of stupid filler plots because at least it wasn’t another day of meandering through the desert with nothing happening - extremely reminiscent of the current Snout storyline.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Deegan as a professor is somehow even more insufferable.

Like look I've never taught a class. But it seems like while you do want to caution people that a subject is difficult, looking to just psyche the students out isn't good practice. You want them to learn. You want them to have more knowledge at the end than when they started, that is the purpose of a class.

But since we've established he's sexually frustrated it kinda makes sense that this is just an ego trip for him.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That would require Mookie to acknowledge that teaching is more than just knowing things. Like learning, it's a lot of hard work. If this arc had been about Dominic digging deep about his own assumptions in a "this is all so easy to me, why aren't they getting it?" sort of way and then overcoming them it could've been really good.

Instead it's just an opportunity for Dominic to lord his superiority over a group of characters who are, by their very nature, his inferiors who of course are a mix of jocks and nerds and the jocks will be weeded out mercilessly while the nerds will become part Mookie via osmosis and therefore know everything they need to, they just need a strong confident Deegan to show them the way talk in their vicinity.

"What's the difference between second sight and a vision? Someone already knows? Good, here's a book."

"Those of you who know how a book is used will be passing this class."

Repeat for the rest of this storyline.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

The thing that really drives me nuts about this is that I had a friend who was a huge Deegan fangirl, and she had physical copies of all the books. In one of them, Mookie wrote this loving essay about what an incredible artist he was and all new ground he was breaking by having an ugly love interest for his main character. Like, the dude honestly believed he was out there on the cutting edge of feminist praxis, changing the world with his story about an 'ugly' love interest.

...and like, Luna is not even ugly by any metric for cis, straight guys! She's a skinny, feminine, redhead with huge tits, long hair, and cutesy anime fangs.

I have no idea if my friend is still into it or reading Legacy. She brought up 'heroic, feminist rape' to me one to many times and I told her to shut the gently caress up about the comic. In hindsight, I almost wish I hadn't, so I could get the perspective of an ultra fan.

EDIT: She was into some other thing I had to tell her to shut the gently caress up about - something like Nazi Germany is a cute anime boy who gets into wacky antics, uwu. Was that a webcomic too?

GreenMetalSun fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 30, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GreenMetalSun posted:

The thing that really drives me nuts about this is that I had a friend who was a huge Deegan fangirl, and she had physical copies of all the books. In one of them, Mookie wrote this loving essay about what an incredible artist he was and all new ground he was breaking by having an ugly love interest for his main character. Like, the dude honestly believed he was out there on the cutting edge of feminist praxis, changing the world with his story about an 'ugly' love interest.

...and like, Luna is not even ugly by any metric for cis, straight guys! She's a skinny, feminine, redhead with huge tits, long hair, and cutesy anime fangs.

I have no idea if my friend is still into it or reading Legacy. She brought up 'heroic, feminist rape' to me one to many times and I told her to shut the gently caress up about the comic. In hindsight, I almost wish I hadn't, so I could get the perspective of an ultra fan.

EDIT: She was into some other thing I had to tell her to shut the gently caress up about - something like Nazi Germany is a cute anime boy who gets into wacky antics, uwu. Was that a webcomic too?

No Apparently it started as one, but that's an actual anime. Axis Powers Hetalia.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
hetalia, yes. webcomic that got adapted to anime, in fact.

efb

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GreenMetalSun posted:

Hetalia is to weebs what helicopters are to Vietnam veterans. I'm sorry you had to be friends with a fujoshi.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I said that as a joke, believing that it could not possibly be true. Truly, we live in the darkest timeline.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's hard to do "unattractive female love interest" stories because in general people don't want to watch things with people they find unattractive, which is why you have so many of those kinds of works take a conventionally attractive woman and just give her glasses and an unflattering hairstyle. While I'm sure Mookie also wanted a conventionally attractive woman with a small flaw so he could claim she's unattractive, I feel like Luna is that way out of laziness too. Drawing a woman who would be considered unattractive would take much more time to draw compared to "generic anime woman" and he didn't want to put in that much effort.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Yeah, less detail and greater stylization tends to equate to "attractive" by default.

I suppose you can at least say that with the tusks, mookie is at least more dedicated to defying conventional attractiveness than Earnest Cline, damning with faint praise as that is.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Was World of Warcraft the first major work of nerd media to have hot female Orcs? Garona was sexualized in pre Warcraft 3 media but she was only half-Orc but may still count.
When did the female Orcs in Deegan first show up and how does that timing compare to the first reveals of female Orcs in pre-release WoW material?

It does feel like Mookie may have legit have been ahead of the curve in that respect this one time. Like in a post-WoW world, saying she's ugly because she looks like an Orc is a bit silly because Orcs have been sexualized enough by now, but when the standard Orc was just Warhammer or D&D I think the idea had more traction.

Of course even then it's still ridiculous because she's drawn conventionally attractive except for a tiny tiny detail. Mileena from Mortal Kombat has more of a butterface going on and she's still wildly popular as a sex symbol.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
WoW launched in November 2004. The Battle for Barthis started in early summer 2005, which is when we're introduced to Greench.

No idea when Melna put in her first appearance.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

3rd edition D&D with half-orcs as a playable race had been out since 2000, so I think “female orcs are just more muscly humans” was a common idea by the time Dominic Deegan was written.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Chapter 18: Class Action Part 2

coming in strongly with the trite and obvious lessons, Dominic teaches his students that history is not necessarily objective truth but requires context understand. Except the example he uses here is not actually something that requires historical context, it's just a fact. The example Mookie is using here is literally revelatory knowledge given down as a vision in a set chronology. So there is or should be a correct answer as to who was the first seer, in the sense that who had the first vision. it didn't have to be this way, but Mookie sort of ruins his own point by making it this way. And we know that there is a set date for when all these visions happen, because later on in this arc, Dominic's keener mini-me student determines that they all happen that the same time. You would think that this would mean something but it doesn't, it does exist to make Dominic and Prento look smart. so it ends up not being about there being different potential interpretations of history, but there being a secret correct understanding of history that of course only the super nerds have.

rolling right along, we get a woman being punished for having her boobs out. Apparently Tara can't dress herself, stupid slut that she is. Just wandered out in her underwear into the freezing cold that morning. Now we get some ham-handed commentary on racial/cultural harmony that I'm sure we'll need for Mookie. You see both sides are wrong, and both sides have to come together and put aside their foolish pride to understand one another. In a vacuum obviously this isn't a bad moral lesson to impart, but I think at this point you can guess why I find it suspect on Mookie's part. The focus on grace and etiquette, on maturity, when it comes to any sort of societal or racial issue is a framing I inherently distrust, and coming from Mookie especially.

see? Just a reason to make teacher's pet look better. first of all, pronto is an awful stereotype of a college student that has never existed in reality. what purpose would there be doing all this extra's research other than to be a showoff in the class. I mean again this speaks to Mookie's lack of familiarity with actual academics, but think about the absurd amount of work that Mookie is implying here. I get that it's a joke, I'm not against humour, but it's just in the context of Dominic's speech about hard work and a lot of students not staying in the class, it just further reinforces the sense that Dominic and his chosen few are superior to everyone else. It's a joke, but it's really just a reiteration of Dominic's special super genius nerd status.were not supposed to think that the professor is right in the last panel, even though he's 100% correct.

oh no here come the jocks! how exactly did they know that Prento did all this extra work? were they listening and just off panel? I guess so! gotta work in the homophobic slurs too! that's how you know they're bad dudes! also I will point out that Dominic's speechat the beginning implies that the students in his class are not seniors, but are I suppose just starting out in their academic careers. So Dominic is apparently taking an entry-level class where he says that over half the roster will quit. Dominic is a lovely teacher.

The other thing I feel like I need to point out is that, unless US universities were greatly differently than I realize, no one is a bully in loving college. I know there's a whole frat culture thing that's exaggerated, but no one is like a straight up schoolyard bully in University. Everything is not high school.

that's right, it's the return of Nimmel, Luna's sadsack comrade in arms. Now he is an edgy goth kid, here to rescue the nerd! and Dominic is going to watch as this student uses his superior magical powers to brutalize two other students. Good job Dominic , let's not get involved in an altercation between students and instead let the magic users duke it out. Super responsible as the authority figure present.

Mookie's super creative naming conventions are also up on full display. he's going to ice school in cold town, so I guess we should just take that as proof that he must be a super badass winter wizard.

or Mookie's case, vicariously via projection into his webcomic years after the fact. totally not pathetic at all

again, the adults are just totally onboard with this. not even going to tell Nimmel to get them down

first of all, calm down everyone. You don't need to be quite so far up Miranda's rear end. but again going back to how everything Dominic has said about second site in his class is bullshit, here Dominic uses it to preview conversations and assert dominance on someone who is his friend and a student at the school where he works. I know who he doesn't intend in this way but so much it would Dominic does feels like dominance displays against people who are clearly his inferior in rank and ability.

this whole retirement thing feels like something that should have been set up a little more before trying to make us care about it. Like we have seen virtually nothing of the relationship between Melna and Miranda, so we just have to accept Nielen saying this as proof that it makes sense.

there's no real thematic connection here. or rather, I would say that Miranda speech doesn't actually make any sense, and is just serving as a vehicle of really bad dramatic irony on Melna's sudden realization that she is attracted to Stonewater. this occurs because she sees a picture of him and then instantly fantasizes about him. Subtlety is not Mookie's forte

there's just so much going on this trip that I don't even know where to start. First of all, Melna's initial apparent story about feeling of loss of her surrogate mother is immediately superseded by boy problems, possibly just to spite the Bechdel test and create female characters who can only ever be talking about boys, even when the narrative would demand otherwise. Second, I guess Melna knows Dominic's dreams? did Dominic in vivid detail describe to Luna the pile of Luna torsos he was riding on his dream, and then she described it to Melna? also, what is Melna even doing? like what an insane abusive thing to do, how could they ever move past this (even though they will)

but yeah he's all on board this horrible revisitation of his previous plot points.

I don't even know what Mookie was trying to apply here other than maybe that Melna is an alcoholic. Like obviously, she's trying to avoid the truth that the problem is her, but where does the switch to whiskey come in? to me that line implies that trying to escape by alcohol is a common thing for Melna. obviously this will be pursued as the plot point, but it was weird for Mookie to include it all, especially with a splash page like this calling attention to the dialogue.

once again, everybody just instantly knows the train of thought of other people, even drunk orcs. It's funny how immediately Mookie needs to make clear that his protagonists understand the situation. There is no room for ambiguity at all.

Starting out his second day of classes excellently, Dominic immediately begins by body policing one of his adult female students for the temerity to show cleavage, and sets about trying to crush the dreams of his students and/or traumatize them.

I'm not joking. There's something almost comical about this action on Dominic's part. I'm sure Mookie has the idea that you aren't coddled in college , so he has Dominic researches students and come up with personalized scenarios designed to show them upsetting images, including based on this comic, extreme violent assault. it's such a fuss something to do when you think about it for even a second.

Wolfgang is correct, though obviously Dominic will have some clever riposte next strip. I find it funny that this kid's personal hero was Siggy though,because who exactly was he to the general populace? was he like a superhero? he didn't seem to be. Just another way that Mookie's world feels incredibly shallow.

see, Dominic has the worst harsh reality of all. He's going to be a failure rate of the get-go, there's nothing you can do about it except stopping such an rear end in a top hat.I mean I'm sure you can all see the resolution of "none of them dropped! the future can be changed!" coming a mile away, but it's funny for someone with uses second sight to prevent bad things occurring so often, he treats this in particular as an inevitability.

I like how Dominic is literally like the mirror universe version of Robin Williams in dead poets society. Literrally kill you dreams, that is his first lesson. if Mookie was a better writer I would actually want to read that.

100% Mookie doesn't even understand what punchdrunk means, he just thinks that's a pun. which I guess it sort of is, but I don't give me the benefit of the doubt of understanding it.

Keep failing that Bechdel test mookie!

Nepotism and corruption, alive and well in Callan.

see, this is another thing the movie does that's actually hilariously narcissistic when you think about it. Dominic is in the dumps because he may have caused actual harm to people in his charge. The resolution that is not for Dominic to commit himself to trying to better. it's to fall back into his sushi love bubble and get coddled by his girlfriend.

But yes, here is one of the main arcs for this chapter finally starting to come into view. A jock is going to try to steal Dominic's girlfriend.

again, doesn't seem like Dominic's consulting any history in the context of these visions.

Dominic is worse than those racist AIs being usage of CVs these days.

yes wow, oh wowee Mookie. this means anything Mookie was a virgin at that point, even I'm pretty surethat wasn't the case. But it's just so immature as dialogue. At least he gets to grow Luna in the dark, which I'm sure she will enjoy too

Incredibly boring filler script.

in spite of everything he said, Dominic is again being gifted all the knowledge he needs to solve the upcoming trials, with no effort of his own required. but look what it is, that famous panel that drove whatever last lingering remnants of the phantom movie fandom Mookie had into exile.

pointless filler.

hysterical women! of them get all weepy over literally the most soap opera nonsense ever conceived.

what is Luna talking about in the first panels. How is her being attracted to SIgreid before she knew what a bad person he was in any way the same as Melna inexplicably loving her abuser. and again, this kind of mocking of women's sexuality, which is the only way I can read Luna in that third panel.

here is something that I find crazy. That jokey part at that end of the last comic, you know, the equivalent of a sitcom joke, must immediately be apologized for by Luna, describing it as tormenting Dominic. He could even take a single strip of any apparent separation between Dominic and Luna before instantly fixing it by having Luna come back with her tail between her legs to make sure Dominic is okay. It's just creepy.

And yes maybe you should have thought of that before you set out to destroy your student's dreams.

here's the incredibly obvious twist really was coming. Doesn't make any sense, why would any student stay in the class after the stuff that Dominic just did.

and yeah, Nimmel's a main character now! total trash character, but becomes amazingly terrible during the werewolf frat house arc.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 31, 2021

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nimmel is the worst

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I've never been a university headmistress, but it does feel very rushed anyway to say "oh btw this is my last semester lol time to look for a replacement". Surely you'd plan that way more in advance

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This strip continues to remind me that Mookie is the platonic ideal of a sex negative person who thinks they are sex positive.

How the hell was he ever hired as a burlesque emcee

I can imagine why he was fired though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Beelzebufo posted:

again, doesn't seem like Dominic's consulting to a history mostly in the context of these visions.

:confused: What?

You also suddenly start talking about a movie in there somewhere?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zereth posted:

:confused: What?

You also suddenly start talking about a movie in there somewhere?

Dominic's not consulting history textbooks to figure out his visions, so his first lesson to his class is bullshit.

Movie = Mookie. It's either an autocorrect thing or a voice-to-text thing.

Beelzebufo posted:

yes wow, oh wowee Mookie. this means anything Mookie was a virgin at that point, even I'm pretty surethat wasn't the case. But it's just so immature as dialogue. At least he gets to grow Luna in the dark, which I'm sure she will enjoy too

Not to give Mookie any credit or defend this completely awful scene, but he's clearly watching Metalocalypse at this point. "Subtly" channeling a little Toki Wartooth.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Even as she's undressing Luna just has to assure Dominic that he's the reason she has the confidence to do this. He's finally saved up enough nice guy coins to get the sex reward.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Is the school where Dominic teaches a university that happens to teach magic, or a magic university?

If it's the latter, don't the jocks also have magic?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Probably but they're not as good skilled talented and gifted at it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is the school where Dominic teaches a university that happens to teach magic, or a magic university?

If it's the latter, don't the jocks also have magic?

You've already thought about it more than Mookie has as of today

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Beelzebufo posted:

pointless filler.

It had a point in that it let him draw a butt.

Melna falling for Stonewater is a thing that could potentially happen in real life, because human emotions are complicated and hosed up and trauma can do weird things to people. The problem is that one, this isn't happening to Melna because she suffered a horrific situation and that affects her thoughts and feelings, she's falling in love with him because she's realized Stonewater is such a Nice Guy and thus he deserves her as a reward. The second problem is that Mookie made (well, attempted to make) Stonewater's rape justified so the context of "victim thinks they're in love with their abuser" doesn't exist to him and thus it's just "woman falls for man who heroically saved her" which is extremely gross. Nobody questions the situation or attempts to help her talk through her feelings because none of them see Stonewater as a rapist.

quote:

Why would Melna even make this kind of joke? Like yeah they're not actually stripping and jumping around naked, but this seems terribly out of character for her to do something to tease a man. Just because she's talked with Luna about her feelings about Stonewater doesn't mean her personality has completely changed.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm like 99% sure Beelzebufo has said they're doing voice to text and sometimes it has those kinds of hiccups. So yeah, "last lingering remnants of the phantom movie had into exile" is "last lingering remnants of the fandom Mookie had into exile."

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Beelzebufo posted:

I'm not joking. There's something almost comical about this action on Dominic's part. I'm sure Mookie has the idea that you aren't coddled in college , so he has Dominic researches students and come up with personalized scenarios designed to show them upsetting images, including based on this comic, extreme violent assault. it's such a fuss something to do when you think about it for even a second.

This storyline is quite possibly the most infuriating yet because of how far it goes in fellating Dominic and the other Deegans, but this strip in particular really pisses me off. Beelzebufo's previous post had the strip in which Dominic used Second Sight to determine the aspirations of the students in taking the class, and he knows full well that Garrick wants to join the Royal Guard. He definitely knows that Garrick idolizes Siegfried in particular. And instead of taking Garrick aside and warning him what the Royal Guard have done, or tasking him to research any of the atrocities Siegfried and other knights committed, he specifically has him scry an incident in which Garrick witnesses his personal hero beating his current teacher's face in.
With Dominic's whole lead-in to the scrying session being "unpleasant truths" and the obvious way he set the scrying assignments to specifically disturb his students, I have no idea how a reader is supposed to see Dominic as anything but a narcissistic villain. His idea of paying Prento a high compliment is to compare Prento to himself.

Wolfgang is actually completely right about Dominic's motives in setting the scrying exercise. It was about destroying their existing heroes and elevating himself in their stead. In the prior lesson, Dominic tells them that perspective and context inform what the various peoples of the world consider their truths. But when confronted by Wolfgang, he claims that the assignments he gave them were the "ugly truths and ugly realities". He doesn't contextualize what Garrick saw. He presents them with provocative images that are going to bias his students to his perspective, devoid of the actual background in those situations.

Dominic was always a giant piece of poo poo, and this minor story arc keeps drilling the point home. He gets the title of professor bestowed on him by his mom (Having done nothing to earn it), and immediately begins abusing his position to consolidate the nepotistic circle of power in the institution and goes far enough to creepily objectify one of his students. It's so gross, and Mookie keeps rewarding the character with sexual hijinks and unconditional hero worship of other characters.
I followed some of the original mock threads from a decade ago, but I only got into it probably a couple of arcs after this one, so it still astonishes me that Mookie decided to write a follow-up comic that asks "What was Dominic Deegan's legacy?" when a story arc like this should yield the answer "Sexual harassment charges, jail time, and the remainder of his life spent in poverty".

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Yeah i am using voice to text. My day job involves a lot of typing and I can feel my wristbones scraping together some days, so it's one way I stave of the carpal tunnel. I do try to do a run through to catch errors, but I miss some :v:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Dominic's not consulting history textbooks to figure out his visions, so his first lesson to his class is bullshit.

Not to give Mookie any credit or defend this completely awful scene, but he's clearly watching Metalocalypse at this point. "Subtly" channeling a little Toki Wartooth.

Yeah exactly that.Dominic is never shown consulting any books or documents when he's having his visions, so obviously he's able to interpret them context free and/or just as all that information floating free in his brain already. As with the mention that he "researched" his students to give them personalized trauma visions, Dominic is just assumed to have access to this vast trove of knowledge that he is neither shown acquiring, nor demonstrates most of the time, except as a way to flex on his students.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 31, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

those old deegan readthroughs are great, really the best thing in the thread

here's something completely different

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_f5fkrCTA

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
are we supposed to give a gently caress

also how does he makes snout's tail so consistently unpleasant to look at, tails are not hard to draw

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I believe in Snout.

Specifically, Snouts desire to take that library tower up the rear end.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Is it possible for Mookie to draw a tower that does not look like a sex toy?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Howard Beale posted:

Is it possible for Mookie to draw a tower that does not look like a sex toy?

:shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

With an actually talented artist, these occasional artsy interludes wouldn't be so bad. Instead it's just boring splotchy black and white voids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I couldn't help myself.