Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

flatluigi posted:

i mean, the rumor was that those negotiations were happening in march/april and more recently than that aew has outright had njpw talent on their shows

There’s also the fact that Bryan also wants to work Arena Mexico, and to build to and then do a “hair vs mask” match, if I remember correctly?

Now, weirdly enough, WWE hasn’t tried to negotiate with AAA or CMLL or any Mexican promotion to do something like this for Bryan, at least that we’ve heard of.

And AEW already has a relationship with AAA.

So, if Bryan signed with AEW, just working with partner promotions alone would give him a smorgasbord of bucket list checks he could hit: he wants to work Arena Mexico and do the biggest stip match lucha libre has, there’s AAA; he wants to work a G1 and be a featured attraction at the Dome, there’s New Japan; he wants to do comedy matches, there’s DDT; and, oh yeah, if he just wants to go work some random indie, if it doesn’t mess with an AEW booking, he could go and do that, no problem.

And if he doesn’t, eleven out of every twelve weeks he only has to work one day per. And that’s if they book him every week. We know the company is super accommodating.

Like the only thing I can imagine that would drag him back to WWE is if the money is, like, Lesnar level. And even then, Bryan’s generationally rich from the last near decade as is and Brie’s going to be getting residuals from Total Divas/Bellas for a long time that would float any middle class family for decades (especially since I imagine Brie and Nikki are producers on TB and that’s where you make the real money).

And then you add in not only does he have friends in AEW, but they’re all over the place and in positions of actual power in the hierarchy. And all this new talent he’s never wrestled before. And the owner and booker is as big a wrestling nerd as him! It’s like his dream promotion.

But I’m also of the opinion that he made his decision a while ago, which is why he let the contract lapse, and went out on his back putting Roman over as hard as he could along the way. That’s a guy deciding he’s leaving the territory and doing business on the way out. He can just use the WWE offers to squeeze a little more money from the Khans.

So it also wouldn’t surprise me if at the end of DoN, Kenny is either just standing in the middle of the ring, holding the AEW title up, or deciding he’ll cut a post match promo because it’s his first defense in front of a packed house and god dammit he’s gonna crow about beating two guys, only to be interrupted by “The Final Countdown”.

oh wow this got a bit long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How many "Bitch AF" shirts do you think Moxley has sold

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Anyone on the Elite GM beta?

I am

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1398870140377174018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kota...wisdom?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vandar posted:

So Britt is getting her first action figure. She's most likely winning the women's title tomorrow night, in front of a full post-pandemic crowd. This is kind of a big weekend for her.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPd3MwrhKKr/

So the WWE makes sure to upload a video of her getting squashed by Nia. Classy. :v:
That was Nia's main roster debut too, and knowing what we know about her now I'm glad she didn't end Britt's career before it really began.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1398833795558744067

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:milk:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Pinwiz11 posted:

Later in the match, Silver slips on the platter.

Served up on a silver platter, if you weeel.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
We rented a beach house for a vacation, got a hottub and booze and I'm gonna watch the dang heck outta this ppv tomorrow hell ya

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's Sunday, and you know what that means :getin:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If Mox and Kingston don't beat the Bucks (and my suspicion is they won't) my preference would be that they ultimately lose to a homegrown AEW team. SCU, Omega and Hangman, FTR, and the Bucks are all great, but two years into the company I'd like to see a group that didn't have a profile pre-AEW get the gold. And there's a bunch of options for that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

If Mox and Kingston don't beat the Bucks (and my suspicion is they won't) my preference would be that they ultimately lose to a homegrown AEW team. SCU, Omega and Hangman, FTR, and the Bucks are all great, but two years into the company I'd like to see a group that didn't have a profile pre-AEW get the gold. And there's a bunch of options for that.

I don't know why more people don't see it's gonna be Jungle Boy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
where da gently caress is number

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Is anyone else having severe issues with B/R live this time? It tries to place the order, says I need to update my credit card info after sort of processing it, I update it, and then the checkout button will only display a loading circle. This is on Chrome, with UBlock Origins turned off. There is also no way to update credit card info without having some form of subscription, either.
It's not yet available for purchase on the Fire app, so I can't circumvent it from by having it charged to the card on my Amazon account. It's really frustrating, as I have actually programmed a better checkout process.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

where da gently caress is number

Number is dead, long live number

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maigius posted:

Is anyone else having severe issues with B/R live this time? It tries to place the order, says I need to update my credit card info after sort of processing it, I update it, and then the checkout button will only display a loading circle. This is on Chrome, with UBlock Origins turned off. There is also no way to update credit card info without having some form of subscription, either.
It's not yet available for purchase on the Fire app, so I can't circumvent it from by having it charged to the card on my Amazon account. It's really frustrating, as I have actually programmed a better checkout process.

Yeah, I think I had to buy it on my tablet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I feel like Ibushi wanted to respond to Omega saying Ospreay got hurt because he tried to be Omega, but didn't know where it was on Omega's twitter, so he just grabbed the first tweet he could and responded to it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

I feel like Ibushi wanted to respond to Omega saying Ospreay got hurt because he tried to be Omega, but didn't know where it was on Omega's twitter, so he just grabbed the first tweet he could and responded to it.

Twitter is like short books, so he doesn't trust it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

How many "Bitch AF" shirts do you think Moxley has sold

The one he wore in the video was the only printing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just watched the Countdown show, it was very fun and between PAC and Ogogo (and ZSJ) I think we have conclusive proof that Brits are the best promos

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hang on a second..... THAT'S NOT WHAT DMD STANDS FOR AT ALL! :aaa:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1398725156210724865

gonna be cheering the The Right oval office tomorrow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1398725156210724865

gonna be cheering the The Right oval office tomorrow

*salutes Union Jack while she starts to cry*

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Now imagining the feud between the Proper Bastard and the Right oval office

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Now imagining the feud between the Proper Bastard and the Right oval office

They'd beat the poo poo out of each other and then go straight down the pub for pints

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ogogo and PAC, complete with kiss. https://youtu.be/R9oZaP-my5E

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Alan_Shore posted:

Anyone on the Elite GM beta?

I am. It's weird. So like, you're ostensibly booking the shows... you get to decide what kind of non-wrestling segments go on the show, for example, but it seems to also be kayfabed, like, the wrestlers have stats and the wrestlers with higher stats are more likely to win. You can fudge things by giving one wrestler an item, but you can't actually decide who wins. I have no idea, despite playing the tutorial, what makes the fans like the matches more. It feels neither like a simulation like TEW nor arcadey, I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to be trying to do. I haven't encountered the really grevious MTX yet though. It's weird.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Looking forward to blasting this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUUfG4QalC8

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Anthony Ogogo you’re an absolute oval office....and a proper legend

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Before Jericho retires I need him to have a real feud with Pineapple Pete leading to Mimosa Mayhem 2: This Time it's Pineapple

Jericho will sink to the bottom of the Mimosa like Terminator sunk into the Lava in T2, and we will never see Jericho again.

I told my wife this idea she said instead of the the thumbs up he would do the middle finger.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still have respect for Jericho looking at the 100 degree weather and deciding he should book himself a PPV match where the finish is he gets to soak in a cold tub of colored water.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol, the Eddie/Mox vs The Bucks promo buildiing into the big climax because of the loving shoes

edit: Hikaru Shida's segment is great, and gently caress that dumb rear end in a top hat for making fun of her english

smarxist fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 30, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

for some guys it's about the belts, for some guys it's about the shoes. takes all sorts

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a PPV tonight and I don't have work till Wednesday oh happy day

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the Ego vs Darby stuff is starmaking stuff, especially with their history, shame Sky and Sting are just thirdwheeling it lmao

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

*salutes Union Jack while she starts to cry*

GoOOOOod save the quuuueeeeen

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

smarxist posted:

the Ego vs Darby stuff is starmaking stuff, especially with their history, shame Sky and Sting are just thirdwheeling it lmao

It took them a while to get Miro squared away so I have hopes that they do the same with Page and Darby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The OSW boys did a review of Revolution and its a good watch to kill time before tonight. I haven't really been a fan of theirs since they pivoted to movie and video game reviews but only one of them had seen the product before so its interesting to hear them figure it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCnmos3MGk