Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'll be honest, FF4 is the only game in the series I haven't personally played so I have no idea what that game's moon poo poo is about

FF8's weird moon poo poo is a little more in place because everything from the start of disk 2 is weird so it doesn't even seem out-of-place. Like, oh we're going to space? After everything at the orphanage, sure why not, sounds fine

yeah everything after squall canonically dies is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

What’s wrong? It can be a lot of fun once your options open up but early on it can also feel frustrating to barely survive every fight without tools like the stat debuff skills to control fights.

Just the early game stuff. I've never played Scarlet Grace before and the bullshit party wipes get annoying after a while. I also think I'm playing a bit dumb since I probably need to be avoiding some of these battles. Probably just need to restart.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I never want to play HOI4's The New Order mod. Reading about that alternate history scenario made me want to vomit.
You guys have heard of it, right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah caring about the outcome of a battlefield match is a fool's errand

but if you were playing sniper they're right you're why your team lost

In bfv, probably not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'll be honest, FF4 is the only game in the series I haven't personally played so I have no idea what that game's moon poo poo is about

FF8's weird moon poo poo is a little more in place because everything from the start of disk 2 is weird so it doesn't even seem out-of-place. Like, oh we're going to space? After everything at the orphanage, sure why not, sounds fine

FF4's moon poo poo is similar FF8's kinda. Spoilers for FF4:

There are 2 moons but one of them is home to a race of human-like beings called the lunarians and the main antagonist is an angry lunarian named Zemus who wants to rule the world so he mind controlled some people to try and conquer the world for him, and also Golbez and Cecil are also lunarians and are brothers and Cecil's dad invented a spaceship called the lunar whale and Cecil needs to go to the moon and pick up his uncle so that they can go stop a giant robot Zemus summoned back on earth

e: and then once everything is done with and wrapped up, the moon flies away so the earth only has 1 moon

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 30, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

Just the early game stuff. I've never played Scarlet Grace before and the bullshit party wipes get annoying after a while. I also think I'm playing a bit dumb since I probably need to be avoiding some of these battles. Probably just need to restart.

I would definitely avoid early Hard level fights until you’re sure you can handle them. I can’t give too much advice unless you also chose Leonard but bows have a paralysis move you can glimmer early, and clubs and greatswords also have an attack debuff that makes enemies more manageable since debuffs stack as long as you keep seeing X Stat Down. Basically just do baby mode Easy/Normal fights until you glimmer new moves cause a lot of the early moves are utility that make enemies more manageable.

Also the tutorials eventually mention it but different of enemies are weak to either slash/blunt/thrust damage, iirc birds are weak to piercing, humans are weak to slashing, and shelled things (crabs and bugs) are weak to blunt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looper posted:

dearest SNU,

please name the june chat thread "Sonic June: Save the Chat Thread from Disaster," or "Sonic June, Sonic June, Sonic June: Save the Chat Thread from Disaster," if the latter will fit. thank you

love,
looper

June June Sonic Warrior

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hydrocity Pronunciation Chat Zone Act 6

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Every June's great at your chat thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ratchet + Clank & Mario Golf both out next month :swoon:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Waitin patiently for neo twewy in july and nmh 3 in august...

Supposedly axiom verge 2 is coming out this year too.

CubeTheory posted:

Every June's great at your chat thread

I'm 99% sure that one's been used already.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It has, at least twice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How about "every day young life June chat thread"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Every May's Great At Your Junes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ST4Arlh.mp4
"A spatula you say?"

https://k-eke.tumblr.com/post/652182321259298816/poyo

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ive been trying to find the words to admit it but in the end im just going to have to bluntly state that i have now finished all of dampes content in links awakening switch for the third time

all of it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

dearest SNU,

please name the june chat thread "Sonic June: Save the Chat Thread from Disaster," or "Sonic June, Sonic June, Sonic June: Save the Chat Thread from Disaster," if the latter will fit. thank you

love,
looper

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

ive been trying to find the words to admit it but in the end im just going to have to bluntly state that i have now finished all of dampes content in links awakening switch for the third time

all of it

What is his content in link's awakening switch?

I hope if we get a hyrule warriors 3 that they dive into a bunch of the more background but recognizable characters as potential fighters, it'd be pretty cool t run around as dampe digging up ghosts and stalchildren, tossing out flames, and whipping things with the hookshot

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Iirc you make your own dungeons with tile sets you find by exploring and poo poo, apprantly it’s the worst part of the remake by far and most people would be happier if it was gone and the game cost $50.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there a thread for Game Builder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXG4KdstVw4

the two Mario Maker threads were a lot of fun, mite b cool to share games with everyone

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I would like to co-sign “Sonic June Sonic June Save The Chat Thread From Disaster”

Simone Magus posted:

Just how... I dunno, beautiful it is, the music and presentation and such. Plus I mean the story owns hard

I’m excited to play it, I think about Automata’s ending constantly.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone explain sonic June to me and maybe this will all work out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Someone explain sonic June to me and maybe this will all work out

It’s the 35th anniversary and also

https://youtu.be/EYW7-hNXZlM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The SF2 Animated Movie soundtrack was legit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zD1VNw_xk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdmhFhxJIXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTuD8k3JvxQ

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

June my june in the juney june june

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

June is End Boss Month.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Problem: I have games to play but I just want to keep playing Grindstone.

Solution: Play more Grindstone!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

june games chat thread: oddium posts again and every one cheers we love her ☺️

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i dunno kicking around ideas. you could use that if you want or don't

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oddium posted:

june games chat thread: oddium posts again and every one cheers we love her ☺️

hmmm not sure about this. seems unlikely.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

New Super Metis posted:

hmmm not sure about this. seems unlikely.

Boooooooooo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
June know what I mean?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
That's not a joke based on a Latino accent I meant it like how we say in the UK to quote the poet Liam Gallagher "Dja know wot I mean?"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Many great thread titles posted thank you!

E: 31 days in May apparently?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Kinda messed up they call it the summer games festival when it mostly takes place in the spring don't you think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The map on the Caveman 2 Cosmos game I've been working through for 2 years broke so I reinstalled the game and in the process the save got scrubbed :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In some places they have the opposite seasons as us normal people. In some places they don’t even have four seasons!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We have four seasons in one day around here, but it's usually lying in the depths of my imagination.

Anyway I'm restarting my Yakuza 1-6 playthrough as my save got boned transferring from the PS4 to the PS5. Just made it to this scene :

:allears: