Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Reports from the Supertest say the IS-5 is busted good now and the 121B is one of the best T10 mediums after the buffs. Of course because the 121B is a reward vehicle you can't take it into ranked but maybe that's a bonus?

Would be a very WG move to buff bond tanks right before refreshing the bond store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now that I have the top gun in the Standard B it owns.

E: this thing is hilarious, all the upgraded components weigh the same or less than the stock components, so you don't actually NEED the tracks at all.

E2: I think the Standard B might be my favourite T9 medium. It just fits my playstyle, I guess!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 25, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E2: I think the Standard B might be my favourite T9 medium. It just fits my playstyle, I guess!

To think, it is was much more powerful.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

To think, it is was much more powerful.

I'm kinda glad I didn't see that. I don't think the Standard B is insanely powerful or anything, it's just very flexible and fun to play. It's a close fight between this and the Skoda T50, but miles better than the Bat-Chat for instance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm kinda glad I didn't see that. I don't think the Standard B is insanely powerful or anything, it's just very flexible and fun to play. It's a close fight between this and the Skoda T50, but miles better than the Bat-Chat for instance.

The T9 Batchat is not great. I still have a place in my heart for the T10 though. Love that thing...

Now that I think about it, I do kinda have an addiction to auto loaders.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Same, buddy. I love autoloaders and auto-reloaders. I'm definitely going to push through the Bat-Chat 25AP to the T10 because people tell me it's better in every way, and the T9 BC is so close to being good but needs buffs in pretty much every area.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5906526#erlenberg-mariuslecter-jagdtiger

https://i.imgur.com/vLkCFFP.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Another one.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5906637#berlin-mariuslecter-jagdtiger

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

People seem to forget that the Jagtiger has the 3rd best DPM for all of the T9's (and 14th among the T10's). That thing is scary when it is doing its thing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I cant make up my mind on what tank to get next. So a D20 helped me decided to revisit the Strv tank destroyer line and I am about 30k XP away from getting the 103-0. I almost forgot how dangerously sneaky those tanks are with my camp bush playstyle. So I have decided thats gonna be my next Tier X line to go down on for the next couple days.

Also apparently I put a discount for credits on the line so yeah it might be a good choice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just a reminder that the $80 Type 59 bundle goes off sale on the 29th.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

I cant make up my mind on what tank to get next. So a D20 helped me decided to revisit the Strv tank destroyer line and I am about 30k XP away from getting the 103-0. I almost forgot how dangerously sneaky those tanks are with my camp bush playstyle. So I have decided thats gonna be my next Tier X line to go down on for the next couple days.

Also apparently I put a discount for credits on the line so yeah it might be a good choice.

Strv will be the on track for June, along with the E50M and AMX 50B

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This was a loss but I got Cool-Headed medal and made fools of these assholes.

https://i.imgur.com/bIHYmpD.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ouET7Ri.mp4

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It's my WoT birthday so they tried to give me a Progetto, which is pretty nice. Except I already have one, so instead:
Date: 2021-05-27 04:32:47
Credits added: 1 000 000
Compensation for Progetto M35 mod. 46 credits 1 000 000

Basically the same, sure.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Darkrenown posted:

It's my WoT birthday so they tried to give me a Progetto, which is pretty nice. Except I already have one, so instead:
Date: 2021-05-27 04:32:47
Credits added: 1 000 000
Compensation for Progetto M35 mod. 46 credits 1 000 000

Basically the same, sure.

Hey we are WOT twins.

Except I didn't have a Progetto (and now only have a 30 day rental of one).

Theswarms fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 28, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

People seem to forget that the Jagtiger has the 3rd best DPM for all of the T9's (and 14th among the T10's). That thing is scary when it is doing its thing.

What is its thing? When I had mine, I tried to play it as a traditional bush wanker, but that didn't work amazingly well. It feels like being a more of an assault gun would be better, but does it have the armour for that?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Jagdtiger doesn't have enough armour to stop high tier gold shells through the front even if you hide the lower plate. It works best as a sniper TD from outside of view range until the enemy team has been softened up a bit and it can use its DPM to kill the enemies before it takes too many hits.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What is its thing? When I had mine, I tried to play it as a traditional bush wanker, but that didn't work amazingly well. It feels like being a more of an assault gun would be better, but does it have the armour for that?

McGavin posted:

It works best as a sniper TD from outside of view range until the enemy team has been softened up a bit and it can use its DPM to kill the enemies before it takes too many hits.

It has the accuracy and DPM to make enemies regret showing their faces, enough "armor" to bounce a shot or two when it comes to cleaning up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's fun trying to play tech tree tanks against balans premiums. Me in my Emil against a Concept 1B. The Emil is supposed to be one of the best hull down ridgeline tanks in the game, but it gets absolutely _clowned on_ by the Concept. I can't pen it except through the cupolas which of course he doesn't have to show, and of course through the bottom, which he isn't going to show unless he's a complete muppet.

Meanwhile his HEAT just goes through my turret like a hot knife through butter.

That'll show me for trying to play tech tree tanks, I guess.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
MODS?

Games > World of Tanks: That'll show me for trying to play tech tree tanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

They prevent camping and add dynamic gameplay.

Edit:

IS-5 Changes look pretty good:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 29, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Me playing this thing sneaking around the map and blasting people without them seeing me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYDYzyqIy-I

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Me playing this thing sneaking around the map and blasting people without them seeing me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYDYzyqIy-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Does the Charioteer get better once you unlock the better guns? Because jesus loving christ this default gun is awful. And the first upgrade has the same pitiful at T8 damage and pen, and just a slightly better reload time.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think it's safe to say the Standard B's demise was greatly exaggerated. Took me a while to get to grips with it, but it's an insanely fun T9 medium.

(my stats from the past 24 hours)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Standard B-B-B-B-Unit!

Also, 5 games and I cant win in this tank: Check this out yall

Im heartbroken. None of you guys have it this bad I bet.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 29, 2021

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Does the Charioteer get better once you unlock the better guns? Because jesus loving christ this default gun is awful. And the first upgrade has the same pitiful at T8 damage and pen, and just a slightly better reload time.

I don't remember the stock gun, but I remember REALLY hating the tank stock and loving it after getting it fully upgraded. It is one of those tanks that I would convert to premium if we could. I drove it like a medium tank without armor so I was constantly moving around looking for shots, and I remember liking the top gun and thought it worked really well despite the odd miss or two. One reason I wanted the GSOR 1008 was because I was hoping it was going to be an autoloading premium charioteer... but it is not.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 30, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Frontlines is going to be T8 - T9 this year. The optimists on Reddit are hoping for separate queues but we all know it's going to be everyone together.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Hahaha, that's going to be a shitshow.

Way to ruin the one game mode I actually enjoy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Frontlines is going to be T8 - T9 this year. The optimists on Reddit are hoping for separate queues but we all know it's going to be everyone together.

Why...

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

To force people to use gold ammo so they don't earn credits.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I'm mildly upset, yet not surprised they did this.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Finally WG admit they balance T8 premiums against T9 tech tree tanks :v:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's to stop people from earning credits in Frontlines.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I will choose to never shoot gold and make things worse for my team.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/gi3CChj.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Made it.

Now I have to decide if I want to keep the Standard B or not (probably do, it owns) and if I want to keep my experienced Buffon crew in the Standard, or put them in the Progetto and train a new Standard B crew.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Might depend if you want to use the Standard B for T9 frontlines, if so keep the good crew in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Darkrenown posted:

Might depend if you want to use the Standard B for T9 frontlines, if so keep the good crew in it?

Yeah I probably will, unless they split the queues (lol) in which case it'll just be 24/7 T8 premiums (ie. the T8 Progetto) to farm credits.

The good news is that I have enough unrecruited female and battle pass crew members to give me a 2/3 skill crew on the Progetto as well.

E: Today's highlight was still a Char Futur 4 getting through our lines and trying to come and get my M53/55. He came in hard and fast, jumping off a ridge ahead of me. I managed to put a 1100 damage shell in through his bottom, and then I think he crashed on landing, or one of my teammates shot him.

It would have been perfect if I'd one-shot him in the air but we can't have nice things.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 31, 2021