Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jesus Schulze, why don't you go give your balls a tug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Tokyo Drift is soooo much dumb fun. I will never get over Lucas Black as a 17-year-old. And the clear disconnect between his age, appearance, and boy/man as the script demands.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tokyo Drift is pure genius. I'm genuinely impressed by the pedigree of furious writer Chris Morgan. They've gotta bring him back for F&F 10.

Somebody writes 3 through 8 of the saga, you don't let him go! (As REO Speedwagon once said)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Tokyo Drift is in my top 2, the exact spot depends on how I feel.

You can't not-love a movie where people with p serious childhood trauma say it's NBD once they get to drift.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Zedd posted:

You can't not-love a movie where people with p serious childhood trauma say it's NBD once they get to drift.

6 and 5 are the best crazy FnF films, while Tokyo Drift is the best sensible FnF.

I know i'm stretching the word 'sensible' there but you know what i mean.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think I do, because I was thinking about how it’s the only one with training montages, and how the character arcs play out. Han rules as a mentor, even if it’s weird that he’s hooking multiple teens up with incredibly expensive equipment.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

I think I do, because I was thinking about how it’s the only one with training montages, and how the character arcs play out. Han rules as a mentor, even if it’s weird that he’s hooking multiple teens up with incredibly expensive equipment.

It makes sense for a guy who has to be impossibly rich and, to stick with the DnD metaphor, massively overleveled for this area, to just give kids super high end equipment to see what they do.

Also, just to clarify, one, two, three and bits of four are clearly set in the real world, while 5 onwards are very clearly not.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEE4RO-_jug

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ITS HAPPENING

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

We know 95% of the movie now and it looks loving insanely stupid.

I can't wait; that ending... :allears:

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
So pumped- we've been keeping quiet about this for over a year. I did a lot of postvis work on it and its been a long time coming!

Okan170 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 14, 2021

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

F9: The Power of Magentism

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
That looks phenomenal!

I love that the comparison to Saints Row with its insane trajectory and protagonist power creep isn't even coincidental anymore. Cars in space, we said in jest, and here we are holding Dom's beer.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Lumbermouth posted:

F9: The Power of Magentism
F9: Magnets, how do they work?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Furious Magnets.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wild Speed: Magnet Force?

I hope FX will be Wild Speed: Space Mission

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Tokyo Drift is the best film of the 2000s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Tokyo Drift is the best film of the 2000s

I had to check, but Fast 5 came out in 2011, so yeah.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The MSJ posted:

Wild Speed: Magnet Force?

I hope FX will be Wild Speed: Space Mission

At least according to Google, F9 is called WILD SPEED JET BREAK

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's nice to see Jason Tobin in this. I was sure he was going to bug the gently caress out of me on Warrior, since I usually hate that archetype (the weird looking horndog gangster) but he owned that role and won me over really quickly.

Also, holy poo poo this looks bugfuck insane in the best possible way. I'm glad Lin's back. He's got an absolute superpower to depict the dumbest, most ridiculous poo poo and make it feel completely sincere and real. Reminds me a little of John Milius: take the dumbest concept and play it completely straight and the audience follows along.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The joke about them going into space is becoming real. I really don't know what else to say.

I liked the new haircuts.

Tokyo Drift is a sequel to The Fast & The Furious. 2F2F is a sequel to how people felt about The Fast & The Furious. The sequels largely follow in 2F2F.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Boywhiz88 posted:

Tokyo Drift is soooo much dumb fun. I will never get over Lucas Black as a 17-year-old. And the clear disconnect between his age, appearance, and boy/man as the script demands.

Heavy Metal posted:

Tokyo Drift is pure genius. I'm genuinely impressed by the pedigree of furious writer Chris Morgan. They've gotta bring him back for F&F 10.

Somebody writes 3 through 8 of the saga, you don't let him go! (As REO Speedwagon once said)

Zedd posted:

This is what love about this movie, it is in every way beat for beat a 60s yakuza flick but with everyone about fifteen years younger and every scene where someone gets beaten up/stabbed replaced with a scene of someone drifting.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So what's better than the franchise going to space?

How about loving DINOSAURS?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...HmQp?li=BBnb2gh

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

David D. Davidson posted:

So what's better than the franchise going to space?

How about loving DINOSAURS?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...HmQp?li=BBnb2gh

Oh my

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/TheFastSaga/status/1386353590411747328

Greatest ad campaign in history. I've always enjoyed the franchise and I am super glad they're going all in on saying yes we are bringing america back via muscle cars and explosions and hugs

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpyv0QA4HHk

It's cool that it seems like most of the stunts are practical effects and not just pure cgi.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, they've been good about that. The behind the scenes videos are always nuts showing off how they cause so much destruction.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Lmao the early posts about John Cena being Toretto's long lost brother weren't speculation about FFX but the actual plot of 9? AND they are going to space?

I'm in.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpyv0QA4HHk

It's cool that it seems like most of the stunts are practical effects and not just pure cgi.

Lin's really dedicated to blending real and CGI and he does it better than anyone except maybe George Miller.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This is so drat glorious. Lin being back makes me a happy man. And word on the street of ol' Chris Morgan writing again on 10 too is good to hear. We need to re-create the conditions of Fast Five in a lab, and make that movie magic again at least a few more times.

Also, Tarantino was talking about doing a Star Trek. Justin Lin directed a Star Trek (which would've been good if Tarantino or Chris Morgan wrote it). We need these three to team up and make Furious 11, just a bit of QT polish why not. Or they could all team up after Fast 11 for the next most extreme glorious adventure ever filmed.

QT's Furious 11 will need at least 3 hours of run-time, he needs some extra room.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 11, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

gently caress YES THIS IS HAPPENING
https://twitter.com/PostinMonkey/status/1398996813995147280

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 31, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We got this covered is click bait bullshit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

We got this covered is click bait bullshit.

The movies may not have been great, but we got Alien vs Predator movies based entirely on a half second Easter egg and fan will. If enough people flip out at the concept they'll probably do it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Skwirl posted:

The movies may not have been great, but we got Alien vs Predator movies based entirely on a half second Easter egg and fan will. If enough people flip out at the concept they'll probably do it.

We all joked about F&F in space years ago and here we are

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So the 15 year old youtube video about people drifting so hard they go back in time and become dinosaurs except with a budget

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yep that was a fast / furious alright. Insane stunts, absurd premise, leaps of logic, nearly instigating an international incident in a wifebeater and having a car crash into a satellite.

It's more of the same, just directed a bit better. The scenes that are flashbacks to 1989 are strange and uncomfortable. Tyrese has graduated to being Daffy Duck except he kills a lot of people in this. Probably second highest bodycount. Behind Vin, who double bicep flex jumps into three squads worth of SWAT .

Oh and Brian is alive, you just can't see him!

well why not fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 21, 2021

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

well why not posted:

Oh and Brian is alive, you just can't see him!

That's cool. I always figured that was the case, so good to know.

It is wild that this is out, I'm pumped for it. Still not sure if I'm going to a theater just yet, but that's cool. I'll definitely catch 10 and 11 in theaters. Silly as it may be, the idea that Chris Morgan is back writing on those actually makes me more excited for those ones.

Cena rules, so that's a big thing for this one. He was so drat funny in Bumblebee, it is not surprising his shtick translates well to movies. Good to hear there's some good Roman, and I also like that it sounds like this movie has Freddy, Jason, Predator, Mary Poppins, and the Terminator specifically from T2 so that's cool.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJyRB46PDBg

https://twitter.com/_filmspeak/status/1407129861412376576

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

That's cool. I always figured that was the case, so good to know.

Vin says they're still waiting for someone, then an R34 GTR shows up at the house. The also, earlier, say that all their kids are in the safest place they can be - WITH BRIAN. I want to see the movie where Paul Walker does daddy day care the rowdy F&F Kids. It'd be better than this lol