Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Zwabu posted:

Eh, no, I doubt he's happier. The mere fact that he's sitting his rear end at Mar a Lago instead of the White House is indisputable proof that he lost and is a failure, all denial and justifications about The Big Steal are powerful mental armor but can't shield him from the simple fact that he's in Florida and not Washington. For that reason alone, and to be able to make any legal problems go away, he has a powerful incentive to run again.

It has been my feeling since Trump became President that if he lost he'd probably have a profound depression and his health would suffer and he wouldn't live long after he left office. I still hope this to be true, but I am impressed that he has constructed such a powerful anti-reality against the fact that he lost, and has gotten a quarter or more of the country to join him in that anti-reality.

If Trump were to die, I'm willing to bet that you will see zero of his followers claiming that Pence is now the lawful VP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump's a bone lazy child, he's happy he has less responsibility but angry he has less power

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
He also hates the people chanting his name. Even the clip of them screaming YOU WON at him didn't really have him smiling. He thinks they are dirty gross nobodies and was happy he didn't have to shake their hands. He wants to be surrounded by the beautiful elite but this is all he gets.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

mercenarynuker posted:

If Trump were to die, I'm willing to bet that you will see zero of his followers claiming that Pence is now the lawful VP

He’d be the lawful President (in fantasyland), and if Pence really wanted to go nuts like that fake pope guy in Kansas, he’d set up a “Congress” composed of a few crazy old white guys and more than one horse and have them certify his ascension

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sanguinia posted:

I honestly think he's probably much happier as anti-President sitting in his stupid hotel in Florida whining to all his sychophants than he ever was as President, even sucking up all that energy at those big crowd rallies, which is probably why he hasn't done one since his defeat. He's getting everything he ever wanted from the presidency in the comfort of a private setting full of rich idiots who give him money for nothing. If he decides to trade that in for something that takes effort like campaigning, I'd be pretty surprised.

sorta. i think he would be but the twitter ban has hosed his brain up bad. he wants that because those were his uppers and then he would have the engergy to gently caress around with rallys. right now, he still hasnt outside purging and trying to purge folks from the GOP.

SwingShift posted:

He also hates the people chanting his name. Even the clip of them screaming YOU WON at him didn't really have him smiling. He thinks they are dirty gross nobodies and was happy he didn't have to shake their hands. He wants to be surrounded by the beautiful elite but this is all he gets.

yeah. same with his kids. like jared and Ivanka all want to hang with liberal Hollywood types and all that fun stupid poo poo, but instead they are stuck forever going to weird chud events meeting old boomers who want to gently caress her dad and insane evangelicals.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Trump's total absence over the last four months has been puzzling. I know he's been bounced off of most social media platforms, but he isn't even doing rallies or holding sit-down interviews with friendly media outlets (Fox, OAN, Rebel, etc.), or even calling in to vent on-air about whatever is pissing him off on any given day. He barely appears in public (mostly as cellphone video of him shambling from place to place in Mar-a-Lago).

My suspicion is that his run-in with COVID was a good deal more severe than they let on, and that he's in much worse physical shape than they're willing to admit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He’s still posting

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao prefacing every tweet with FROM THE OFFICE OF THE (former) PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I will admit, I thought it was weird as gently caress that the Reagan Library hosted a celebration of Mongolian culture a few years back and Reagan probably would not approve

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I will admit, I thought it was weird as gently caress that the Reagan Library hosted a celebration of Mongolian culture a few years back and Reagan probably would not approve

Most of Reagan's politics were pretty close to the modern Democrats on most issues tbh.

Like Reagan, today's actual policies and ideas would get him instantly labeled a RINO And kicked off Fox News etc..

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol Paul Ryan's a rino? Bahaha this is so loving funny

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

Most of Reagan's politics were pretty close to the modern Democrats on most issues tbh.

Like Reagan, today's actual policies and ideas would get him instantly labeled a RINO And kicked off Fox News etc..

possibly. Reagan was a smart enough ghoul at one point that if it had been the liberal wing of the GOP taking over the party, he would have joined up with them.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trump craves power. He's a giant bully, and he despises whenever anyone seems even a little beyond his ability to hurt. He hates, and hated, the media because they dared to mildly criticize him, and he couldn't simply crush them. He went on and on about wanting to greatly expand libel laws for this sole purpose, he never shut up about CNN, MSNBC, various individual news anchors, he tried to make Jeff Bezos his personal enemy over the Washington Post, and on and on. He haaated late night comedians. He wants unceasing and ever increasing adulation and the ability to destroy anyone who dares do otherwise.

He's also an abuser. He likes having the power to hurt people on a whim. Anyone, on any whim, at any time whatsoever. He gets off on it. Nothing makes him happier, not even endless praise or fake golden statues. The entire country's basically been in an abusive relationship with this rear end in a top hat for four long, long years, and that's why people danced in the streets when they learned it was going to end. Not because of Biden's policies (although, certainly, people at least hope for the better), but because for four years they've been waking up every day wondering what awful, ridiculous poo poo the most powerful man on earth (or his adoring fans) had unleashed while they were sleeping. And Trump likes that, he's said as much. He brags in his book about destroying a woman's life because she snubbed him in the mildest of ways. Now? Now all he can do is scream into the void, and try to get his followers to do some more heinous poo poo in his name.

And Donald Trump is a loser, the one thing he can never, ever be. He will never accept that he lost, he will never admit that he lost, not even in private, because he's literally incapable of doing so. The only way to not be a loser is to run again and win, the only way to regain power is to run again and win, and the only thing, the only one short of dying, that would keep him from running again would be the forever unacknowledged terror that he might not win.

Because Donald J Trump is also a complete and utter coward, buoyed by cowards, defended by cowards, praised by cowards, all of whom, quietly or loudly, want what he wants: to be an abusive, all powerful bully able to quash all criticism and hurt anyone they please.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Jay Rust posted:

He’s still posting

It's amazing how little play these "Statements from the 45th President" are getting even from places like Freep. They treated Trump Tweets like they were Papal Bulls but I've seen maybe half a dozen threads at most about these statements and even then they barely managed a couple of half-hearted "Go PDJT! I love my President!" responses.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jagged Jim posted:

It's amazing how little play these "Statements from the 45th President" are getting even from places like Freep. They treated Trump Tweets like they were Papal Bulls but I've seen maybe half a dozen threads at most about these statements and even then they barely managed a couple of half-hearted "Go PDJT! I love my President!" responses.

Him being on Twitter made it easier to use his words to harass their lib/lefty family members. Now he's just one angry fascist with a blog among many on the internet

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Hating Tim Tebow is a great American sin

quote:

To: Rummyfan
He actually put in the work instead of whining about his skin color.

2 posted on 5/30/2021, 7:06:12 PM by dynachrome ("I will not be reconstructed, and I do not give a drat.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

I hope Tim makes the team and that the Jags have a good year.

HST, until I am FULLY convinced that the NFL flatly rejects racism, antifa, BLM, Critical Race Theory, the cancel culture and the players and coaches quit kneeling for the National Anthem and disrespecting their fans, I’ll not be watching them!

7 posted on 5/30/2021, 7:32:42 PM by Taxman (SAVE AMERICA!)

quote:

He obviously was a useful quarterback and got run out of the NFL because he’s a conservative Christian.

Too many on here bought into the analysis that a Heisman Trophy national champion and NFL playoff winner had such a defective throwing motion that he couldn’t compete in the NFL.

9 posted on 5/30/2021, 7:34:56 PM by Williams (Stop Tolerating The Intolerant)

quote:

Dont wanna hear about the faux white privileged screed. Was it white privileged when the NFL set up a special comeback demo event for Colin Kraperfink ( which he changed the location last second)? I don’t remember Tebow getting any special treatment that way. The Jags invited him to try out. Marshawn Lynch made a tryout comeback a few seasons ago and good for him. Those who oppose Tebow well scrooge them. They don’t define his paths and journeys.

16 posted on 5/30/2021, 8:16:17 PM by tflabo (Truth or tyranny )

quote:

They hate Jesus. And the LORD. HES just a symbol to hate

I love Tim. He’s AWESOME. GREAT CHRISTIAN ROLE MODEL

21 posted on 5/30/2021, 8:47:32 PM by Truthoverpower (Arizona !!!! Now the TRUMP TRAIN is getting back on TRACK ! TRUTH! FREEDOM ! LIBERTY! )

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
"Critical Race Theory" must be polling well with the rubes because I've seen it popping up all over reactionary media.

I can already hear how it's explained to them, "It says you're racist because you're white and all of America is racist and we have to change to stop being racist." And then they make up a bunch of incredibly stupid bullshit "changes".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Critical Race Theory" must be polling well with the rubes because I've seen it popping up all over reactionary media.

I can already hear how it's explained to them, "It says you're racist because you're white and all of America is racist and we have to change to stop being racist." And then they make up a bunch of incredibly stupid bullshit "changes".

AFAIK, "changes" aren't a part of it. They're just mad that they're being called racist, full stop.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Was it white privileged when the NFL set up a special comeback demo event for Colin Kraperfink ( which he changed the location last second)?

In case anyone doesn't remember this is a half truth. The NFL did schedule a workout for him in the Atlanta stadium. All the NFL teams were invited to attend, but the workout would be closed to the media. About half an hour before the workout was supposed to start, Kaepernick said he wouldn't be attending it, and cited issues with the liability waiver, as well as concerns about it being closed to the media. Instead, he went to an Atlanta high school and did a workout there.

From what I recall the reason Kaepernick backed out is he wanted the media to be there so he would have witnesses that would be able to view and record his workout. He was worried the NFL was barring the media from it so that there wouldn't be any footage and there would be a chance that teams would just say "Yeah he didn't look good, we're totally not biased against him he just doesn't have the skills anymore."

Zeroisanumber posted:

Right wing media has been pushing it hard lately because a lot of states have started making laws banning the teaching of it, because Republicans are racist assholes. They talk about how "children as young as five years old have been coming home depressed and full of shame purely because they're white, since Critical Race Theory teaches that all the problems of society are caused by white people and that they're all evil."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

In case anyone doesn't remember this is a half truth. The NFL did schedule a workout for him in the Atlanta stadium. All the NFL teams were invited to attend, but the workout would be closed to the media. About half an hour before the workout was supposed to start, Kaepernick said he wouldn't be attending it, and cited issues with the liability waiver, as well as concerns about it being closed to the media. Instead, he went to an Atlanta high school and did a workout there.

From what I recall the reason Kaepernick backed out is he wanted the media to be there so he would have witnesses that would be able to view and record his workout. He was worried the NFL was barring the media from it so that there wouldn't be any footage and there would be a chance that teams would just say "Yeah he didn't look good, we're totally not biased against him he just doesn't have the skills anymore."
Right wing media has been pushing it hard lately because a lot of states have started making laws banning the teaching of it, because Republicans are racist assholes. They talk about how "children as young as five years old have been coming home depressed and full of shame purely because they're white, since Critical Race Theory teaches that all the problems of society are caused by white people and that they're all evil."

tbf whitey is the loving devil

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

tigersklaw posted:

He’d be the lawful President (in fantasyland), and if Pence really wanted to go nuts like that fake pope guy in Kansas, he’d set up a “Congress” composed of a few crazy old white guys and more than one horse and have them certify his ascension

Speaking of popes and GOP's current direction, is someone guarding the graves of old Democratic Presidents so they won't be dragged up to stand in shouty corpse trials?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DarkCrawler posted:

Speaking of popes and GOP's current direction, is someone guarding the graves of old Democratic Presidents so they won't be dragged up to stand in shouty corpse trials?

I've no doubt that someone will take a poo poo on Hillary's grave before the dirt even has time to settle. But that's fair enough because I plan to do the same to Kissinger.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I thought the reason why Tim Tebow doesn't get much respect as a football player was due to him being a huge disappointment as a draft pick and an all around mediocre quarterback

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

I thought the reason why Tim Tebow doesn't get much respect as a football player was due to him being a huge disappointment as a draft pick and an all around mediocre quarterback

He was not a good pro-level QB. His skills were great in the college game and scheme he was in, but that just did not translate to the next level. It happens, it's not an indictment on his work ethic, religious beliefs, or race that he didn't pan out as a QB (we'll see if TE is a better fit for him). Kaepernik, on the other hand, took his team on deep playoff run(s? Can't remember at this point), and HAD established himself with QB skills, certainly enough that he could have benefited some teams who needed a QB. Their situations are not really analagous, but if anyone's waiting for Freep to grasp context and semantics, well...

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Tebow worked in Meyers system at Florida but a lot of people knew he was going to be a project player in the NFL because of his mechanics, the huge difference between NFL vs college football, and other intangibles. His refusal to play as anything other than a QB, then being a shock first round pick by noted awful HC Josh McDaniels, then being a pretty mediocre starter who washed out are why he doesn’t get respect, same as a bunch of other former players who couldn’t make it. Crazy people point to the OT win against Pittsburgh as proof he was actually good while ignoring him getting obliterated by the Pats the following week. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl and nobody respects him

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Tebow is also a charisma black hole who humble bragged about being a virgin and was one of those assholes who went on "mission trips" to poor African countries and made sure to film himself the whole time. He's an annoying douchebag and even had he been an NFL phenom people would have hated him.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The best Tim Tebow story:

One of the things they make players do before the draft is take the Wonderlic test, which is a watered-down bullshit IQ test. When Tebow and his group were taking it, he offered to lead them in a prayer beforehand.

Before he could even finish that sentence another player yelled at him to shut the gently caress up and then everyone else laughed at him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I agree with some previous posters - No loving way Trump is alive in four years. That is not a healthy man and he is 74. The average American Male lifespan is 78.5, which is significantly lower than places like Canada. Even with rich person doctors shocking his heart three times a week, I don't think he is going past his sell by date.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Captain Log posted:

I agree with some previous posters - No loving way Trump is alive in four years. That is not a healthy man and he is 74. The average American Male lifespan is 78.5, which is significantly lower than places like Canada. Even with rich person doctors shocking his heart three times a week, I don't think he is going past his sell by date.

That 78.5 number includes stuff like infant mortality, which by some measures he’s no longer an infant. Looks like a 74 year old man has an average of a bit under twelve years left: https://www.annuityadvantage.com/resources/life-expectancy-tables/ plus he’s been privileged his whole life

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Captain Log posted:

The problem with that is:
1) Average age includes people who have died already. If you've made it to age 74, your likely lifespan is somewhere in the 80s
2) Trump gets better medical care and has an easier life than the vast majority of Americans
3) Three things control lifespan: smoking, drinking, and genetics. Trump doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, and his parents lived to be 88/93 years old.

I think Trump is kind of indestructible. Zero exercise, a diet of pure garbage, flying high on prescription stimulants much of time - it doesn't matter, he's going to live until he's 90. His brain will turn to mush long before then, of course (his father's did).

The best chance for a near-term Trump death would be if his COVID bout left him with severe ongoing issues. Here's hoping!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Log posted:

i think he will live til 2024 and run but he is gonna be in a much worse place in terms of national politics outside the chudsphere and probably health wise. the dudes brain ain't doing so good now and it won't be better.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pontius Pilate posted:

That 78.5 number includes stuff like infant mortality, which by some measures he’s no longer an infant. Looks like a 74 year old man has an average of a bit under twelve years left: https://www.annuityadvantage.com/resources/life-expectancy-tables/ plus he’s been privileged his whole life

No, the average 74-year old man has an average of a bit under 12 years.

Trump is not average, he's massively obese and has a terrible diet, and does not get exercise. Like at all. He had to get a golf cart to walk a quarter of a mile.

Nobody in the public has any idea what his real stats are like because his health report was so obviously bullshit.

He could definitely live another twenty years but just watching him talk he's clearly experiencing significant cognitive problems, which are usually highly correlated with increasing physical problems.

He's also going to be under an enormous amount of stress over the next 3 years, as his financial empire is under attack in multiple countries. He probably has a number of debt covenants relating to his casinos/golf courses etc, so very easily losing any significant asset could spell the end for him. Scotland takes those golf courses, suddenly his debt/asset ratio is below his debt covenant requirement, his debts immediately become due, that sort of thing.

So we can't say how long he'll live, but I would be fairly surprised if he doesn't die in the next couple of years. But you're welcome to your own opinion on his health, considering different sets of facts as more important. He does seem to have a sort of daemonic vitality, I'll definitely grant you that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He's gonna be one of those old white liches unfortunately

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trump will run and win the primary absent something like him having a stroke or someshit. I don't think he'll retake the presidency but it's difficult to be sure because the Dems are so adept at loving up.

That's why the GOP are working at instituting all these new laws to reduce voter turnout among demographics that vote Dem, and to overturn elections if they disagree with the results (like if the Democrats win anyway). Trump doesn't have to win 2024, GOP-run states (or Congress) will just refuse to certify anything but a GOP electoral slate.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jay Rust posted:

He's gonna be one of those old white liches unfortunately

"You rang?"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Bernie is going to be the first one to go, because there is no justice

e: or there is justice because Bernie doesn't get to be miserably old in the public eye, I'd really rather he conk out while he's still fairly healthy for his age, just like I'd want for myself

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Tebow is also a charisma black hole who humble bragged about being a virgin and was one of those assholes who went on "mission trips" to poor African countries and made sure to film himself the whole time. He's an annoying douchebag and even had he been an NFL phenom people would have hated him.

The funny part about his mission trips was that they made it seem like he was being a doctor in the Philippines but he was actually administering circumcisions to teenagers.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

The funny part about his mission trips was that they made it seem like he was being a doctor in the Philippines but he was actually administering circumcisions to teenagers.

I'm sorry what now?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Circumcising people. You know, that cosmetic surgery that only real doctors should do?

Edit: according to https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2008-05-05-tebow05-story.html, it sounds like he was doing medical student work like helping to cut stitches. Still, weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

honest question. how are chuds and freepers reacting to biden and other government types remembering and agknowloging and memorializing the victims of the Greenwood massacre? i can guess but you never know.