Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

I wonder how many more years until sixers are legitimate and get to the big natty dance and crush my passive interest fairweather fan from philly heart like AI did by not practicing enough.

Big question is whether Embiid's body holds out long enough to win a ring. Holding him out of a quarter of your games to try to stave off the inevitable pre-30 career ending injury is a bold strategy, but it also says a ton about what their doctors think of his overall long term prognosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Big question is whether Embiid's body holds out long enough to win a ring. Holding him out of a quarter of your games to try to stave off the inevitable pre-30 career ending injury is a bold strategy, but it also says a ton about what their doctors think of his overall long term prognosis.

he’s got to play like 20 more games to get one

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Hawks are really fun and good minus trae young's acting, although he's relying less on it this series it looks like. I think they could actually give the 76ers a hard time. Sucks for the Knicks though :(

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

being big is an advantage in basketball

gms often ignore this I don’t know why

I think drafting Hasheem Thabeet over James Harden and Steph Curry cemented skepticism around big guys permanently

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Hawks are really fun and good minus trae young's acting, although he's relying less on it this series it looks like. I think they could actually give the 76ers a hard time. Sucks for the Knicks though :(

capela actually gives Embiid a hard time

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
ja morant has big westbrook energy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that camera effect is amazing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron was the only road block to the sixers

this is the time of the sixers

das zeit der sechers

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I totally thought the Suns were completely dead but credit to CP3 for being alive and well at 36

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the celtics losing is fun, but them somehow coming back and beating the nets is funny so now I have to go with that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dreylad posted:

the celtics losing is fun, but them somehow coming back and beating the nets is funny so now I have to go with that

:hmmyes:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

after kyrie called the boston fans a bunch of racist animals i want him to crush boston even more for added humiliation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1399124718477733890?s=20

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

after kyrie called the boston fans a bunch of racist animals i want him to crush boston even more for added humiliation

:swoon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AD better not be out

that changes the entire west

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nets gonna butt blast the sixers :(

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Nets gonna butt blast the sixers :(

nobody on the nets is stopping Embiid

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Stevie Lee posted:

nobody on the nets is stopping Embiid

the nets don’t really win by playing defense

they have 3 guys combine for 100+ every night, get another 30+ from the bench, and you have to try and keep up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nets have to beat Milwaukee first

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/en_cohen/status/1399431527574867976

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

nets have to beat Milwaukee first

Yes, and the Bucks bring the equivalent of almost 60% of their talent to bear. Could be interesting!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Yes, and the Bucks bring the equivalent of almost 60% of their talent to bear. Could be interesting!

there are two sides to the court

nets literally have no one who plays defense . Jeff green is out

Frog Father
Apr 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1399447036144111622

Alright I'm a Nets fan now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KD owns

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Basketball was better before they got rid of travelling.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KD makes one tame IG burn and now I am expected to stan? I reject this false god

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Making 3 field goals on my way to a 19 pt/14 assist / 21 rebound triple double in a victory

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
21 rebounds jfc that's some garbage shooting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Things are about to really not matter

I can feel it in my bones

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Making 3 field goals on my way to a 19 pt/14 assist / 21 rebound triple double in a victory

As soon as that game ended in a win on 3/19 shooting the Russellmaniacs on reddit started saying Westbrook is a "top 5 PG all time" again and basically, I need to stay away from that site to maintain my sanity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who would you say the top 5 point guards are ?

In no order I’d say : tony Parker, Lebron James, magic, Kidd, Thomas? I guess Chris Paul but he’s flames out at the highest levels

I can’t go before 1985 or so . I never saw those guys play

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i was banned from r/nba after about 5 posts for correctly identifying someone as a dumbass

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Very close to making some decisions about things

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1399832609983709196?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Iverson 1-5

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he was a shooting guard

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

In no order I’d say : tony Parker, Lebron James, magic, Kidd, Thomas? I guess Chris Paul but he’s flames out at the highest levels

I don't know enough about pre-2000s ball to make a legit all-time list, but I do know that wb isn't even a top 5 PG in the league today. There is an enormous amount of talent at the position and if you're not a shooter you pretty much have to be a Ben Simmons-tier defender to make up for it. A few years back during the Bestbrook years he might have been there. I think he's just such an entertaining player that people talk themselves into thinking he can compete at the top level, when realistically he's a 4th option on offense and an average-to-slightly above average defender who plays with a ton of energy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

he was a shooting guard

he was a combo guard at worst

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s lost a lot of his athleticism . (he still has tons )

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

CP3/Stockton/Magic/Oscar Robertson/your boy Steph Curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

*assumes Sumo pose* pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff