Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
A guy in my league picked up Castillo off waivers when i dropped him, never a good feeling. He’s started him every time out though which is... weird. Thought that was a stash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I can at least try to have a fun second-half of pitching with Gore/Manoah in the pipeline, Sixto coming back soon, and Mize starting to pitch very well.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

lol

I didn't get Tatis back in my lineup on Wednesday because of the afternoon start. And then yesterday, I was debating on who I was going to drop and got caught up at work and still didn't activate him. There's fully five categories where I'm tied or slightly trailing that I'd be winning if I remembered to activate him. Oops.

Well, Thank God I did activate him by Sunday and won 10-1-1

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
The guy and I who've traded the league trophy with for the last three years, finishing 1-2 all three years are currently in 10th and 12th place.

Our playful poo poo talking has been less fun this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the_american_dream posted:

What’s the site or easy way to look up how many games a player has played at a position?

If you have Yahoo! they have a little tracker buried in the top menu

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/40462/positioneligibility

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

fawning deference posted:

I can at least try to have a fun second-half of pitching with Gore/Manoah in the pipeline, Sixto coming back soon, and Mize starting to pitch very well.

Mize has turned things around lately, but his innings are going to be managed very closely as the season progresses, so his value will decline. He's still a kid and they don't want to bring him along too quickly.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2021/05/13/load-management-plans-loom-detroit-tigers-rookie-casey-mize/5071667001/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

If you have Yahoo! they have a little tracker buried in the top menu

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/40462/positioneligibility

Thank you

Linking a pretty good resource since it may help those without yahoo

https://www.draftbuddy.com/baseball/games_played_by_position.php

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 25, 2021

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Activerto Mondesi :thumbsup:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I love seeing Mondesi on my opponent’s team

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A guy in my league picked up Castillo off waivers when i dropped him, never a good feeling. He’s started him every time out though which is... weird. Thought that was a stash

I instantly snatched him off of waivers. He seems like a 10 day IL stint away from being okay value. His babip is pretty high and his FIP is abnormally skyrocketed. It looks like his hard hit% and pitch location is right up the middle with a ton of grounders and fly balls, so people are just keying in on his change up and hitting the piss out of it.

I'm banking that he stops throwing so many change ups, or that he's hurt and he's throwing so many because his four seamer has lost like 2 mph on average.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Uh Rich Hill

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doltos posted:

I instantly snatched him off of waivers. He seems like a 10 day IL stint away from being okay value. His babip is pretty high and his FIP is abnormally skyrocketed. It looks like his hard hit% and pitch location is right up the middle with a ton of grounders and fly balls, so people are just keying in on his change up and hitting the piss out of it.

I'm banking that he stops throwing so many change ups, or that he's hurt and he's throwing so many because his four seamer has lost like 2 mph on average.

Yea ineffective list stint and the weather warming up is probably all he needs. No way I’d start him now though.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

13 Ks over 8 innings and he takes a 2-1 loss. Not the fate he should have met.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone know what happened to musgrove? Was cruising but only did 4.2 innings and was pulled

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone know what happened to musgrove? Was cruising but only did 4.2 innings and was pulled

He was starting to unravel. He also walked the opposing pitcher to load the bases.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah thanks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
My only bench bat is Moncada, and someone wants to acquire him for Ketel Marte. I'm currently starting Edman at 2B, but I guess if I had Ketel I would have more roster flexibility with his and Edman's multiple position eligibility. I'd this a good idea or is it dumb?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My injured list:

Eloy

Robert

KeBryan Hayes

Pete Alonso

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

My IL:

Trout
Voit
Biggio
Hayes
Franmil
Gregorius
Moore

Urquidy
Gonzales
Sanchez

Boo-hoo.

Oh, and Alvarez is day-to-day with a sore wrist. I have decided to fill Voit's spot at 1B with nobody, because nobody is better than the dogshit on the waiver wire.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Yankees vs Blue Jays postponed

edit: and Mets vs Rockies

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 26, 2021

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MY IL:

Hayes
Buxton
Seager
Mcneil
Conforto
Syndergaard

and thankfully just got back Mondesi and De Grom.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I fully expect Alek Manoah to start next week cause Ross Stripling stinks

I was right and he is good

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Christian Yelich is the embodiment of "This food is terrible, and such small portions!"

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea appreciate you guys taking me off the ledge about RPs. Ended up with kimbrel and Diaz and this week has been great

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Was just offered this trade. This looks suspiciously good for me?

I give Ryan McMahon

I receive Charlie Blackmon and Eduardo Escobar

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

sending one good player for two bad players does not seem suspiciously good to me.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Escobar isn’t good? We don’t expect Blackmon to be better? Genuinely asking.

Guess I won’t take it most likely since I didn’t have a great drop anyway but curious

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Basically gambling on Blackmon. He looks hobbled really bad, Escobar and McMahon would prob a wash except McMahon plays in Coors so he's gonna come out ahead.

If you need an OF real bad I'd probably take it and hope Charlie looks better soon but I'd rather play McMahon over Escobar at 2b/3b (plus 1b eligibility for McMahon).

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Entered the day tied in saves. Now I’m two up with only one reliever pitching so far. That’s efficiency.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I’ll stand Pat. Thanks again for the advice guys

In other news still excitedly waiting for Soto to remember how to hit baseballs :ohdear:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I've dropped Kyle Lewis. When he hits 8 home runs this week, you can thank me.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

I've dropped Kyle Lewis. When he hits 8 home runs this week, you can thank me.

He was starting to heat up and then he busts his knee again. This season is torture with the injuries.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Lost half my draft class to injuries so uh welcome to the club Edward Olivares

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Thoughts on Blake Snell? I have tons of hitting and dealt Mize and Tyler O'Neill for him, hoping for a bounce back.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can't keep throwing corpses on the pile my IL is too full

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Doltos posted:

I can't keep throwing corpses on the pile my IL is too full

Me too. You got Jack Flaherty?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Oh hey, Mondesi and Tatis are both hurt again. Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Phillies/Reds rained out today

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Madbum about to lose me my week by himself. Awesome stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

In other news still excitedly waiting for Soto to remember how to hit baseballs :ohdear:

You guys :haw: