Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Vince MechMahon posted:

Deeb is signed full time to AEW.

Oh that's awesome. I just assumed she was trapped in Billy Corgan's fake promotion cause she is champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Notes from Tony Khan's post Double or Nothing press conference.

-He says Pentagon told him they'll be releasing more UFO footage soon that will prove we are not alone in the galaxy, that we should have ciro miedo and submit to our new overlords.

Hell yea

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Seams posted:

Oh that's awesome. I just assumed she was trapped in Billy Corgan's fake promotion cause she is champ.

I'm pretty sure she's literally never wrestled for the current incarnation of the NWA, which kind of makes that belt hilarious.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eat My Fuc posted:

Notes from Tony Khan's post Double or Nothing press conference.

-He's asked about the commentator recently fired. He says there was no excuse for what was said, he apologized to the other commentators and thinks he made the right decision.
I'm glad he has zero tolerance for that poo poo.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Hangman fucks

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm pretty sure she's literally never wrestled for the current incarnation of the NWA, which kind of makes that belt hilarious.

Yep.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Elevated Dark information: Leyla and Rosa are over

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I wonder which reaction surprised Tony the most

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I don't watch it because why would I but didn't she have that "Loser Doesn't Leave Town" match?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't watch it because why would I but didn't she have that "Loser Doesn't Leave Town" match?

The Loser Is Not Allowed to Take Outside Bookings/Number One Contendership Match was Thunder Rosa vs. Kamille.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nah, it's Rosa that's gonna have a "loser stays" match. not kidding.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smikey posted:

It went to a time limit draw.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the loser doesn't leave town match that is also falls count anywhere ended in a double count out (for real) which makes me suspect billy corgan of trying to drive Vinny V to murder

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

remember when someone reporting on the event where that match happened said CM Punk and some other guy showed up, then went "lol just made it up, nobody's paying attention" a few minutes later?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

smikey posted:

Well if only one of them is able to leave I'll pick Rosa all day but I hope Deeb wins her eventual Escape The Cage To Escape This Company match.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

....wait, why would anyone book a Loser Stays match? Doesn't that mean that winners would wrestle elsewhere and only losers wrestle at the company?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Artelier posted:

....wait, why would anyone book a Loser Stays match? Doesn't that mean that winners would wrestle elsewhere and only losers wrestle at the company?

What it ACTUALLY is is Thunder Rosa is betting her outside bookings against Kamille's number one contendership, because she lost a match to Kamille for the number one contendership and I think the gimmick is the NWA is acting like her AEW dates (and her Mission Pro dates) are causing her to not focus on the NWA which is why she lost.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

-He says he apologized to Rosa as well and feels it was wrong that she was put in that uncomfortable position. He talks about how great a wrestler she is, he then goes on to talk about how a lot of the Dark and Elevation talent are getting great reactions on PPVs and Dynamite and how he's happy with that. He says he's not interested in making cuts and wants to grow his company, talks about how these shows are a great pipeline for getting new talent.

I think the reaction to max in the BR was another huge testament to that, dark and elevation do what they are intended to do folks

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

What it ACTUALLY is is Thunder Rosa is betting her outside bookings against Kamille's number one contendership, because she lost a match to Kamille for the number one contendership and I think the gimmick is the NWA is acting like her AEW dates (and her Mission Pro dates) are causing her to not focus on the NWA which is why she lost.

So a regular match at another promotion is equivalent in worth to a title shot in NWA, got it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

So a regular match at another promotion is equivalent in worth to a title shot in NWA, got it

Yes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

boxcarhobo posted:

I think the reaction to max in the BR was another huge testament to that, dark and elevation do what they are intended to do folks

There were just chants of "Var-si-ty" on Elevation.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

i like my "they are just trying to cause Vince Verhei mental anguish" theory better.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

karmicknight posted:

I guess that's better than a plain Loser Stays match. Still doesn't sound great because

VideoWitch posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Zack posted:

Hangman fucks

tony khan confirmed this

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That was a great ppv. Absolutely fantastic. I was shocked jungle boy won, I didn't know wrestling could even surprise and elate me any more. What a show!

I will say Shida got done dirty. I was expecting the standard camera on her when Britt walks off with the crowd chanting "thank you Shida" , but we got a secret audio only thing? hosed up.

And I tell ya, Britt has to step up her game. That was a good match, especially towards the end and it kept me guessing, but Britt kept loving up and being awkward. She better work on that now she's the champ, that's not good enough making standard transitions and poo poo looking awkward as gently caress

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I saw a guy wearing an Orange Cassidy shirt at the grocery store this morning, which is time I noticed an AEW shirt in the wild. Please consider this a “number.”

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks for the notes EMF, that summary saved me like 40 minutes or however long that video was

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

smarxist posted:

Jake probably had his own Disco Elysium in the 90's

He's insinuating he's vaguely sympathetic. I think he's sort of pulling it off too -- in a *sad-has-been* kinda way. There is some charm to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

this might come as a surprise but JB is over with the crowd

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

Thanks for the notes EMF, that summary saved me like 40 minutes or however long that video was

No problem I’m already listening and i’m trying to zone out less so typing along with it helps me focus

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

And I tell ya, Britt has to step up her game. That was a good match, especially towards the end and it kept me guessing, but Britt kept loving up and being awkward. She better work on that now she's the champ, that's not good enough making standard transitions and poo poo looking awkward as gently caress

britt is not the wrestler shida is, but shida isn't the character that britt is (hell, 95% of wrestlers aren't the character britt is)

they will have a long running feud and continue to make each other better, i agree that it feels like shida didnt get enough shine with her year+ long title run but britt can really be a catalyst for more story driven matches easily if they decide to do it, because that's the kind of wrestler she is, and shida will feed on that and come back and win it again down the line and have another even better run

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I was rewatching some of the show and noticed a fan in the crowd crying when Sting picked up the victory. Was super cool that Sting can provoke that from a fan still.

Unless he was upset over Ethan and Sky losing of course.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

PAC, but yeah. He also got real disdainful when Excalibur called something by its Japanese name (“Oh yeah, would hate to get hit by (move).”) and straight up forgot the name of who he was talking about during a head on segment when Tony was out of the booth.

And I know some people are visceral about this, but Callis or Taz would be a massive improvement. Even in heel manager mode Callis during the men's title match was throwing in little things putting over PAC and OC and pointing out cool stuff. He used to do the same in NJPW (honestly the worst thing he would do there is poo poo on Charlton and I think it was a genuine mistake on his part because he'd do it with Rocky Romero and Rocky is a quick enough promo that he'd fire back), where he'd never outright bury Okada, he'd poo poo-talk Gedo but constantly talk about how amazing Okada was, or gush about Tanahashi, or sell being terrified of Suzuki.

I really hope Mark Henry's taking JR's place on the Rampage desk, too.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 1, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Huntman posted:

I was rewatching some of the show and noticed a fan in the crowd crying when Sting picked up the victory. Was super cool that Sting can provoke that from a fan still.

truly cannot explain how apprehensive i was about that match openly to my friends, and all of us were like holy poo poo sting can still do it, this rocks we can't believe it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Initially when they said Sting would be competing in-ring again I was really hesitant but he seems to have his fire back and has been pretty impressive

As a long time Sting mark I was hoping this run would be his victory lap

Edit: pretty much what boxcar said above

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Thunder Rosa "Loser Stays In Town" match going to a draw is textbook lovely booking of a stip. If the other person can't take the loss, but you don't want to follow through on the stip, don't book the stip.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

Initially when they said Sting would be competing in-ring again I was really hesitant but he seems to have his fire back and has been pretty impressive

As a long time Sting mark I was hoping this run would be his victory lap

Edit: pretty much what boxcar said above

I also feel like it has actually helped Darby.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Huntman posted:

i definitely teared up when he won. i was a huge sting fan as a kid but my family was too poor to ever go to a WCW show. i stopped watching when WCW died and i started paying attention again around the time sting returned to WWE. his career ended before i knew it and i just assumed i'd never get to see sting wrestle live, and it didn't even really hit me until he came out and started hitting big moves. the crowd chanting "you still got it" really got me.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

truly cannot explain how apprehensive i was about that match openly to my friends, and all of us were like holy poo poo sting can still do it, this rocks we can't believe it

I know I said it earlier in the thread, but Sting taking his shirt off to reveal the singlet was a holy poo poo moment for me followed by another holy poo poo moment when he DOVE OFF THE POKER CHIPS!!! That was so insane, I loved it.

And I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still kind of am that even after WWE had Sting lose to Triple H, they couldn't have done something like this for him before Seth broke him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I also feel like it has actually helped Darby.

Seeing Sting wrestle and seeing the start of this Darby / Page feud has me much more excited for upcoming Darby matches. I think he just makes more sense for me when he has someone to be pissed off with, and the TNT run never really had that. I didn't realise that was why I wasn't that into his title defenses until last night.