Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Eh, it's not that hard.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Biplane posted:

Thank you for your service.

idgi

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Eh, it's not that hard.

Yours isn't at any rate

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Eh, it's not that hard.

Sildenafil is generic now bro

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mods keep getting outed as nonces in between periods of it being forums-illegal to say mods are nonces.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

OwlFancier posted:

Mods keep getting outed as nonces in between periods of it being forums-illegal to say mods are nonces.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All power corrupts!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Which mods was it this time?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Debbie Does Dagon, apparently, and then Flavius Aetass decided to throw their hat in the ring to stick up for them. And then Major Paineframe had a meltdown about something I don't entirely understand to be honest.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968733

Nothing ever changes of course so just reset the "days since mods were nonces" counter and wait for the next one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

OwlFancier posted:

Nothing ever changes of course so just reset the "days since mods were nonces" counter and wait for the next one.

Well yeah they don't like the numbers to get too high

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well yeah they don't like the numbers to get too high

Oh dear

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely the argument is then "you can't marry your nephew you weirdo"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Voiced by JK and looking like that always makes me think it’s about JJJ.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Introverts? Back in my day, we just called em losers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

Debbie Does Dagon, apparently, and then Flavius Aetass decided to throw their hat in the ring to stick up for them. And then Major Paineframe had a meltdown about something I don't entirely understand to be honest.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968733

Twoday also stepped down.

We’re counting him as the fourth mod down, but it doesn’t have a whole lot to do with the scandal.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Again with this thread drat

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine someone from your grandfather's generation trying to be an introvert. Oh no I'm having a nervous breakdown because they haven't invented texting and if I want something I have to pick up the phone and explain to a stranger what number I wanted to talk to. I don't want to go outside because people might look at me but they're making me sail across the world to fight a war. I went to a party and tried to stand in the corner but 20 women in pencil skirts asked me to give them STDs. What a godawful time to be alive

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think they just throw you in a sanitarium and electrocute and beat you until you die tbh.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Imagine someone from your grandfather's generation trying to be an introvert. Oh no I'm having a nervous breakdown because they haven't invented texting and if I want something I have to pick up the phone and explain to a stranger what number I wanted to talk to. I don't want to go outside because people might look at me but they're making me sail across the world to fight a war. I went to a party and tried to stand in the corner but 20 women in pencil skirts asked me to give them STDs. What a godawful time to be alive

yeah everyone back then was much more mentally healthy, no question

*is drunk from noon to midnight*
*started smoking at age 10*
*buys meth over the counter*

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

some plague rats posted:

You fix it with alcoholism and die at 45 from throat cancer

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

*smokes a pack a day*

Hell yeah send me back

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

in the old days if you didn't leave the house much people just assumed you had polio

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

some plague rats posted:

I assume a lot of people quietly went insane and died of ‘natural causes’

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

*started smoking at age 10*

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

I assume a lot of people quietly went insane and died of ‘natural causes’

There have always been 'lil gay rear end nerds' (medical term). Back then we used to send em to war, where they'd kill a man and become normal. Now they smoke weed and watch anime until they're 37

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'll take ten

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, we actually know how mental health worked in ye olden days.

Mild cases were given cocaine to fight the panic ghosts or opium for the sad ghosts or alcohol for the fear ghosts.

Tough cases were "that strange cousin" that wasn't allowed out of the attic.

Severe cases and women with opinions were institutionalized.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Yeah, we actually know how mental health worked in ye olden days.

Mild cases were given cocaine to fight the panic ghosts or opium for the sad ghosts or alcohol for the fear ghosts.

Tough cases were "that strange cousin" that wasn't allowed out of the attic.

Severe cases and women with opinions were institutionalized.

Jane Eyre had a whole subplot about this

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like how "Psychology is a poo poo infant industry" is a refutation of introversion, a Jungian wet fart from the infant days of Psychology that refuses to leave popular consciousness because everyone is a binary thinker eager to excuse their social shortcomings without copping to an actual disorder.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Jun 1, 2021

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

give every american an opiate ration and cut out the got dang middleman

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mind the walrus posted:

I like how "Psychology is a poo poo infant industry" is a refutation of introversion, a Jungian wet fart from the infant days of Psychology that refuses to leave popular consciousness because everyone is a binary thinker eager to excuse their social shortcomings without copping to an actual disorder.

You like that?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

That's literally Marsha Blackburn's (R-TN) entire campaign platform and why she lives in a ye olde timey european castle in loving Nashville.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I want my fair trade ration of cocaine

it's the only way to eliminate the black market

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bring back quaaludes. Today's sad sacks engineering weed into a super drug aren't even ready for that poo poo.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Chard posted:

yeah uhhhhhh don't know if you've heard of a recent phenomenon in america,,,

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Stexils posted:

yeah uhhhhhh don't know if you've heard of a recent phenomenon in america,,,

yeah ive heard of 9/11, pretty hosed up

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012