Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1399523038790619138

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I also feel like it has actually helped Darby.

I think people who focused on Page and Sky getting over miss the point. Sting's there to give Darby the rub and it's working, the dude is hella over and they've used Sting really well, supporting Darby so people don't watch and think of him as Sting's sidekick, but more of a protege.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Really coming around to weirdo Max.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

Really coming around to weirdo Max.

Hearing the crowd react to his entrance rap last night was amazing.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

After seeing Ethan yeet Darby into the wrestlers, I am both excited and worried to see what they'll come up with for Darby's Death Spot in their eventual 1v1.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i definitely teared up when he won. i was a huge sting fan as a kid but my family was too poor to ever go to a WCW show. i stopped watching when WCW died and i started paying attention again around the time sting returned to WWE. his career ended before i knew it and i just assumed i'd never get to see sting wrestle live, and it didn't even really hit me until he came out and started hitting big moves. the crowd chanting "you still got it" really got me.

That's awesome, I can't wait to get a show :unsmith:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

All this crowd talk reminds me that I need to finally go back and watch Kenny and Hangman vs Bucks. After the pandemic started I couldn’t make it past the first two minutes seeing a hot crowd in the building without absolutely breaking down.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want someone to edit the DoN footage so Max just keeps saying "Yo. Yo. Yo. Dustin. Dustin! Look at me! Yo. Yo. Dustin! Yo. Yo." for like a full 10 minutes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Huntman posted:

After seeing Ethan yeet Darby into the wrestlers, I am both excited and worried to see what they'll come up with for Darby's Death Spot in their eventual 1v1.

it's time to link this again
https://twitter.com/ClassicChhun/status/741484856601874432

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

All this crowd talk reminds me that I need to finally go back and watch Kenny and Hangman vs Bucks. After the pandemic started I couldn’t make it past the first two minutes seeing a hot crowd in the building without absolutely breaking down.

oh, my god, friend

you are in for a mother loving t r e a t

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That was such a weird and funny moment, like Dustin didn't want to sell Caster's schtick and he was like "We're not leaving until you sell my schtick"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I want someone to edit the DoN footage so Max just keeps saying "Yo. Yo. Yo. Dustin. Dustin! Look at me! Yo. Yo. Dustin! Yo. Yo." for like a full 10 minutes.

I really, really hope that was a spot, because the glare Dustin gave him is either some of the best selling of all time (which, sure, he's the Natural) or he was about one 'yo' from shoot slapping Max.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the most important promo of the year

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399515032774320132

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

boxcarhobo posted:

oh, my god, friend

you are in for a mother loving t r e a t

Stick with it for the aftermath too. The stuff that happens after the match is really good character development for Hangman.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol Janella is the scumbag 34 year-old that sneaks into a high school party to sell drugs.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Man i finally watched the Britt vs Shida match and i just didn't like it all that much outside the final couple of minutes.

But when Tony hugged Britt, I drat near cried. So it was all worth it.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I really, really, really want Joey to do something in AEW. I don't know what yet, but something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gaz-L posted:

I really, really hope that was a spot, because the glare Dustin gave him is either some of the best selling of all time (which, sure, he's the Natural) or he was about one 'yo' from shoot slapping Max.

I got a vibe that Max forgot the rest of the rap for a second and started stalling. lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I knew the counter to Sky's slingshot cutter was going to be Sting catching him for the Death Drop but I still yelled like a child when it happened.

Also, my partner and I both yelled out when Sting took his shirt off and I uncontrollably let out a "YAY!!!" when Jungle Boy won the battle royale. I don't know if I've ever yelled YAY unironically before last night.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I watched it live and it was amazing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I haven't seen a lot of buzz about it, but rebranding Sky and Ego and the Men of the Year, complete with magazine spread Tonytron is Very Good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Queefy posted:

Man i finally watched the Britt vs Shida match and i just didn't like it all that much outside the final couple of minutes.

But when Tony hugged Britt, I drat near cried. So it was all worth it.

It was definitely disappointing given their first match. They seemed off, but I did like the last few minutes.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Sammy needs a belt... im not a fan of have a million different belts, but id love to see a cruiser-weight belt in aew.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

165 live

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Scarf posted:

Sammy needs a belt... im not a fan of have a million different belts, but id love to see a cruiser-weight belt in aew.

The concept of cruiserweight titles is kinda outdated, the style that made it a viable as an aspect of wrestling shows is used by a huge % of wrestlers now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
There should be a super dooper heavyweight belt, 500+ pounders only

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I haven't seen a lot of buzz about it, but rebranding Sky and Ego and the Men of the Year, complete with magazine spread Tonytron is Very Good

call up schoolboy q for a new theme

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Once things open back up I'd actually like to see a belt comparable to the SWA belt from STARDOM where it can only be defended against someone of a different nationality/country

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Once things open back up I'd actually like to see a belt comparable to the SWA belt from STARDOM where it can only be defended against someone of a different nationality/country

I feel like TK's planning to try and get New Japan to let him use the IWGP US title like that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

excited for the cody promos

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Huntman posted:

Actual medieval cataput in the middle of a field.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

It was definitely disappointing given their first match. They seemed off, but I did like the last few minutes.

In my household we spent half the match wondering if someone had gotten hurt and was out of it, because yeah, up until the ending sprint something felt real, real off in comparison to what they're both capable of, even with each other.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I knew the counter to Sky's slingshot cutter was going to be Sting catching him for the Death Drop but I still yelled like a child when it happened.

Also, my partner and I both yelled out when Sting took his shirt off and I uncontrollably let out a "YAY!!!" when Jungle Boy won the battle royale. I don't know if I've ever yelled YAY unironically before last night.

Sky’s ability to position himself perfectly the way he did while making it look like Sting blocked the cutter made me realize just how effortlessly good he is at this

Gaz-L posted:

I really hope Mark Henry's taking JR's place on the Rampage desk, too.

I think Tony said a “top star” in the company will be at the desk with Mark during the scrum, or at least I think I saw that in EMF’s recap.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Scarf posted:

PNP for the tag titles, Sammy for TNT?

Or maybe Taz demands the FTW title back from Cage and Ricky Starks ends up with it, then Sammy can take it off Ricky once he gets healed up? No, FTW should be the superheavyweight belt for Hobbs if not Cage, so... yeah, they need some sort of X Division title, almost.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CarlCX posted:

In my household we spent half the match wondering if someone had gotten hurt and was out of it, because yeah, up until the ending sprint something felt real, real off in comparison to what they're both capable of, even with each other.

I don't think it was necessarily down to an injury, I think they just tried a different style that maybe Britt wasn't capable of holding up to. Which isn't really a problem, in the long run, but did hurt the match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kvantum posted:

PNP for the tag titles, Sammy for TNT?

Or maybe Taz demands the FTW title back from Cage and Ricky Starks ends up with it, then Sammy can take it off Ricky once he gets healed up? No, FTW should be the superheavyweight belt for Hobbs if not Cage, so... yeah, they need some sort of X Division title, almost.

I really wanted Cage to give Hangman the FTW belt after losing to him. You could do the angle where Hangman is number 1 in the rankings but Callis and Omega keep finding reasons not to have the title match, so Page just starts defending the FTW title against the guys below him on the list as if he's already the world champion until Kenny gets so pissed off he agrees to defend the title at All Out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rampage is going to be on TNT, so if it's not moving to TBS with Dynamite, I could feasibly see them keeping the TNT belt on Rampage and introducing a new midcard belt for Dynamite. Otherwise they don't need more singles belts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Rampage is going to be on TNT, so if it's not moving to TBS with Dynamite, I could feasibly see them keeping the TNT belt on Rampage and introducing a new midcard belt for Dynamite. Otherwise they don't need more singles belts.

Rampage is going to TBS.

It goes: Dynamite on TNT. Rampage starts on TNT in August. In early 2022 both shows move to TBS. Then TNT specials every 3ish months.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can't keep up with Two TV Show Tony and all his big deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
anyone else think that aew could be building to a second brand with main shows? :thunk: