Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If they ever add another Hydro user and they were like Klee, Xinyan could actually be a solid Vaporize enabler. I think she and Xiangling are the only sources of pulsing Pyro at the moment. Xiangling, however, is kind of awkward to coordinate and typically wants to trigger reactions anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Managed to solo both Childe and Azhdaha at lv 90 for the first time today :dance: Zhongli is just so forgiving of mistakes, its amazing. I almost beat floor 11 for the first time too, but I just barely ran out of time on the heralds. The slowing water debuff is the most annoying thing in the world.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
The toughest part of using Xinyan comes from losing the pulsing Pyro if the shield breaks. Since it's a defense based shield it's always going to be very fragile.

If they decoupled the damage from the shield she would be much better.

Her kit is very synergistic with a physical carry like Eula, but there are so many small problems that hold her back from being truly good.

As an example, if Xinyan has her skill off cooldown, and you burst and get the pulsing shield from it, the pulses can trigger sacrificial greatsword and refresh her already-up E, wasting the proc. On the other hand that can be good as it gives a chance to refresh her E if you didn't get the sac sword to proc.

Def based shields are so bad, though ugh. And she gets atk as her ascension stat whyyy.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

The toughest part of using Xinyan comes from losing the pulsing Pyro if the shield breaks. Since it's a defense based shield it's always going to be very fragile.

If they decoupled the damage from the shield she would be much better.

Her kit is very synergistic with a physical carry like Eula, but there are so many small problems that hold her back from being truly good.

As an example, if Xinyan has her skill off cooldown, and you burst and get the pulsing shield from it, the pulses can trigger sacrificial greatsword and refresh her already-up E, wasting the proc. On the other hand that can be good as it gives a chance to refresh her E if you didn't get the sac sword to proc.

Def based shields are so bad, though ugh. And she gets atk as her ascension stat whyyy.

Her Ult shield pulses wastes her sac greatsword procs? Ugh

I’m kinda torn on building my c4 Xinyan to support Eula. Either Going all Def pieces to have the beefiest shield (and be a 0 dmg support with 4 piece millellith) or go phys cup and crit dmg helm to eke out dmg.

Also swapping a def piece for ER for more ult shields sounds good too.

Anyone here got some tips?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm planning to build my Xinyan for crit dmg and atk mainstats but taking the opportunity to give her my failed artis with obnoxious def rolls. Am a ways off because I need to wait to acquire some more pyro gems passively.

Example of the kind of arti I'm putting on Xinyan:

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 31, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

No Wave posted:

I'm planning to build my Xinyan for crit dmg and atk mainstats but taking the opportunity to give her my failed artis with obnoxious def rolls. Am a ways off because I need to wait to acquire some more pyro gems passively.

Don't forget you can swap the ascension gems with the item from the stardust shop. 27 dust per big orange gem.

Building xinyan for damage seems not good. Really building her at all seems kinda pointless but I guess max her defense so the shield doesn't drop from a single hit?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The Starglitter characters for June are Barbara and Kaeya, as expected.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
My beef with Eula is everything is dead before my ult goes off :(

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Support Xinyan deals nearly no damage due to needing to pump everything into defense to keep the shield up for as long as possible. This doesn't change until C6 where if Xinyan herself is on the field then at least her charge attacks will have some power behind them.

If anything, her C6 should grant the 50% defense->atk conversion to her shield pulses, not her charge attack.

She was helpful in 11-3-1 though, cause her ult covers a pretty big area and can pop both of the cryo cicin mage shields pretty easily.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I brought that up as an issue in the survey for this patch - the fact that Eula's test run and story quest don't really give the massive damage of her burst finishing a good show. Let the people chunk down some big guys with it.

Bloody Emissary posted:

The Starglitter characters for June are Barbara and Kaeya, as expected.

well, more for july i guess

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Colorspray posted:

That's interesting! Rosaria is not in my roster, but I can see the appeal.

I want to see what Xinyan can do with the power of rock and roll! (please don't be the screen door on my submarine)

So far, with a def build and millilith and C2 Beidou, she's working well enough that I don't even NEED Diona's shield for overworld quests most of the time, but not well enough that the three of them feel like enough shield at the bottom of the Abyss.

But then I'm also a bit spoiled on shields for hard content by Zhong Li.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

As much as I hate running it, the Abyss is a great spot for this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lots of rumors going around today about 1.7 potentially having two new 5 stars (other rumors saying it will just be ayaka). Just a warning for those thinking about how to spend their gems.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 31, 2021

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Well I finally caught up on story content - Hu Tao, 1.4, Zhongli, and Eula quests down, now on to the teapot. This game is great and makes me laugh more than I expect.

Currently, my main party is Bennett, Xingqui, and Zhongli, with the fourth being a rotation between Fischl, Ganyu, and Xiangling as the situation requires. Is there anybody else I should be using for that party I'm overlooking? I currently have every 4 star but Yanfei, and my other 5 stars are Albedo, Mona, and Eula.

I recently realized that I've never seriously invested in a claymore user other than a little bit of levelling for Razor, but I have 5 claymore billets. I'm thinking about making an R5 prototype archaic and beginning investment on a second team. What's a good team for a Eula carry look like? Bonus points for completely avoiding the characters in my A Team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I would not make an R5 archaic right away, I'd just make an R1. It's a good weapon but the refinements aren't that meaningful and you'll really miss being able to make whiteblind (+ refinements) if you ever level Noelle.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

xedo posted:

Well I finally caught up on story content - Hu Tao, 1.4, Zhongli, and Eula quests down, now on to the teapot. This game is great and makes me laugh more than I expect.

Currently, my main party is Bennett, Xingqui, and Zhongli, with the fourth being a rotation between Fischl, Ganyu, and Xiangling as the situation requires. Is there anybody else I should be using for that party I'm overlooking? I currently have every 4 star but Yanfei, and my other 5 stars are Albedo, Mona, and Eula.

I recently realized that I've never seriously invested in a claymore user other than a little bit of levelling for Razor, but I have 5 claymore billets. I'm thinking about making an R5 prototype archaic and beginning investment on a second team. What's a good team for a Eula carry look like? Bonus points for completely avoiding the characters in my A Team.

My current Eula getup is Eula, Fischl, Diona and Albedo. 4th is really a flex slot so do whatever you want but you get a diona battery and shield, superconduct with fischl and hulk smash.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

xedo posted:

Chongyun is very good on that team.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vegastar posted:

My current Eula getup is Eula, Fischl, Diona and Albedo. 4th is really a flex slot so do whatever you want but you get a diona battery and shield, superconduct with fischl and hulk smash.

This is exactly my plan.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for the advice all!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I know it doesn't really matter when I'm still pretty early on, but since I just pulled Xingqiu I figured I'd start to think about what team I want to focus on while doing the story. If I had Bennett this would probably be easy, but I don't yet. Right now I'm just bumbling along with Traveler, Kaeya, Noelle, and Xiangling, but I also have Chongyun and Xingqiu available now and I'm wondering if there's something particularly fun/effective I can put together with what I have.

I wish I had more recharge on Xiangling so I could get melts more often but not yet.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Harrow posted:

I know it doesn't really matter when I'm still pretty early on, but since I just pulled Xingqiu I figured I'd start to think about what team I want to focus on while doing the story. If I had Bennett this would probably be easy, but I don't yet. Right now I'm just bumbling along with Traveler, Kaeya, Noelle, and Xiangling, but I also have Chongyun and Xingqiu available now and I'm wondering if there's something particularly fun/effective I can put together with what I have.

I wish I had more recharge on Xiangling so I could get melts more often but not yet.

Kaeya, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and [whoever you want] is a fun comp if you have access to the Blizzard Strayer set. Two Cryo characters + constantly Frozen enemies = +55% crit rate.

Edit: Caveat that it might feel clunky without some of their constellations. Kaeya's C1 gives him an extra 15% crit against Cryo'd enemies and his C2 gives his burst more uptime; Chongyun's C2 helps with Xingqiu's extremely long skill cooldown. I had both of them when I first tried out this comp so YMMV.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 1, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

How much do you like playing with the characters? XQ is useful with comps where he pops onto the field, does his duty, and then is switched out. When you start investing in artifact runs and start raising asrtifacts to 12-16, then swapping characters like this takes on an entirely new life, and XQ just excels at it. Chongyun plays very differently that most other characters, and really kind of is his own playstyle. I got him to friendship level 10 just by being in my party to break rocks and be Ganyu's sidekick.

XQ is a solid candidate to raise because if you intend to play for a while, you will have a combo that pops with him, so spending resources on him is not really a waste.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
It is just so hard to get weapon leveling mats. So tempted to spend resin on it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It is just so hard to get weapon leveling mats. So tempted to spend resin on it.

Yeah the best/worst part of weapon crystals is you get them very steadily off commissions, crafting, and battle pass, but when you need more NOW it feels super bad to spend the resin. You know you will get more if you're just patient!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I assumed that meant the ascension mats, which are a pain in the rear end because you never need them until you suddenly need all of them. I actively cared about crystals for a month when I started and have probably only grabbed a couple hundred since then. With the BP and events they're essentially infinite.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can get in goon discord and see if anyone will run a mining route with you. As long as everyone is in the same section of the map, the ore spawns for everyone.

It will A) Show you firsthand where the ore routes are and B) multiple they amount of ore you can find in day. Still limited by how much you can smith, though.

edit:

Mailer posted:

I assumed that meant the ascension mats, which are a pain in the rear end because you never need them until you suddenly need all of them. I actively cared about crystals for a month when I started and have probably only grabbed a couple hundred since then. With the BP and events they're essentially infinite.
Ascension mats aren't that bad. 5 condensed plus the normal stuff handed out by the events/parametric transformer is usually enough to take a weapon from 1-80.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think I'm hitting that generous drop rate on weekly bosses that you guys were talking about. 2 weeks ago I got a claymore, last week was a catalyst and I just got another longsword one from clearing everyone off the list this week.

Also Andrius dropped a Jade Gemstone.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ninjoatse.cx posted:

parametric transformer

I just got this and the description is so vague that I can't figure out what it's for

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just got this and the description is so vague that I can't figure out what it's for

When you use it, it will put a weird floaty thing in front of you. Interact with this thing and deposit a bunch of ordinary items into it. Then, attack it with lots of elements. (or lots of one element). You’ll get stuff that usually costs resin and then the transformer goes on cooldown for a week.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

AweStriker posted:

When you use it, it will put a weird floaty thing in front of you. Interact with this thing and deposit a bunch of ordinary items into it. Then, attack it with lots of elements. (or lots of one element). You’ll get stuff that usually costs resin and then the transformer goes on cooldown for a week.

You can place a parametric transformer near an electric ore so you can don't have to attack the transformer yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR1YlxoXU9Y

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
This game has been great for chilling out exploring and chest hunting. Lovely music too.

Like y'all said, rust Fischl and Bennett is really all I need to get by. I wanted to buy welkin's but at this point I'd be better off rolling a new account and buying welkins there since I wasted 100 early wishes on dups and weapons and now those freebies are drying up. I'll probably just finish the story and call it a day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These overflowing events would be much nicer if they just gave you a set amount of doubles for the entire runtime and let you use them how you see fit. So if you want to blow 21 runs on Resistance or Ballad or Diligencer or whatever it's all up to you.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Sanctum posted:

I wasted 100 early wishes on dups and weapons

Oof. 100 and no 5*? The allure of the weapons banner wins again.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there CPF that includes the soft pity? I'm curious what the average number of pulls are for a 5 star.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

The last time someone posted a graph it was pretty obvious. It's not even worth the effort to look for it because it was like super minimal gains until 75, then 76-80 shot off the charts, then died again because most people pulled a 5* during that time.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Traveler is very fun and you should use them as much as you can cuz you won’t later.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are rumors that electro traveler will show up as soon as 1.7. Could be BS, we'll find out in a week or two from beta leaks.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Electro traveller has had E and Q animations for a while, but no actual particle effects or skill data to go with them.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Wasn't this daily impossible to get credit for? I guess they fixed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The way it works is the pirate quest has 3 different branches depending on which kid chooses the game. As the player you have no choice. I've gotten meng (wash boat) a dozen times and lulu (fetch lotus pods) twice but never the third one.

Also after eight months of doing dailies I got Reliable Helper for the first time and failed it. Only another eight months to go before I get another shot at it.