Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

MF_James posted:

ehh I finished damascus recently, but I've been playing since the beginning.

I had 90% of it done just by playing, the only things that took any effort were mount/no attachment kills and then launcher/shield/knife; mount/no attach I started doing while leveling guns a while ago so it wasn't bad.

Launchers are a bitch and took actual concerted effort to gold, shield isn't bad because someone will be nice and feed you kills, knife is fairly easy.

Damascus just requires you to gold every base gun, not every gun in the game.

Knife was the very first thing I turned gold. I got the sticks and sword pretty quickly as well but I'm never going to get around to doing the shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Dr_Amazing posted:

Knife was the very first thing I turned gold. I got the sticks and sword pretty quickly as well but I'm never going to get around to doing the shield.

If you run around with a shield and no kills long enough, sbmm kicks in and it starts getting easier. I was stuck for a long time on launchers cause my teammates kept kill stealing my killstreaks, I still throw care package markers where the other team can pick them up easier without thinking.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Had some fun with the K31:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1vP_z2qo8

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Nice patience on that first guy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You and that drat K31

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Does anyone else run dual LMGs in CW multiplayer? I did it on a whim, and I'm having a blast. Also, it's fun to blast attack helis and spy planes out of the sky with them and still have enough ammo in the same mag to take down a couple guys.

Oops, meant to post this in the other thread.

Btw, is MW multiplayer still pretty active on PC? I was thinking about giving it a try.

Rad-daddio fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 1, 2021

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah MW2019 is alive and well and good

Orv
May 4, 2011
Universal crossplay has done a ton to prevent the old problem of "It's six months out from launch, PC COD is dead."

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No Butt Stuff posted:

You and that drat K31

It is good. Not as good as the Kar, but still quite good and very fun.

And yes, I showed an impressive level of patience for myself on both parts of that encounter. I'm usually big on running in and dying.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

pacerhimself posted:

It is good. Not as good as the Kar, but still quite good and very fun.

And yes, I showed an impressive level of patience for myself on both parts of that encounter. I'm usually big on running in and dying.

We know.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

Yeah MW2019 is alive and well and good

players are at the sweatier end of the scale but yeah its not hard to find games in popular playlists.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

Universal crossplay has done a ton to prevent the old problem of "It's six months out from launch, PC COD is dead."
Now they need to fix the new problem of "it's 6 months out from launch and 95% of PC players are hacking."

Orv
May 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

Now they need to fix the new problem of "it's 6 months out from launch and 95% of PC players are hacking."

Well, I guarantee you it's not remotely that number but yes fixing the hacks that do exist would be nice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I know, I was exaggerating a tad for effect :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

I know, I was exaggerating a tad for effect :v:

Fair, sorry. :v: Cheating discussions tend to get heated and I've definitely seen people completely seriously claim that kind of thing.

But yeah, it would be nice if we could somehow marry crossplay with the general lack of cheating on console games. Or if people just, you know, didn't suck.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Or Activision could, y'know, shell out a few dollars for a good anticheat program. Apex, Fortnite, and Overwatch are all popular FTP shooters/BR's that have very good anticheat and don't suffer nearly as much from "got headshot literally across the map by a guy who couldn't even see me" poo poo you see all the time in WZ.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Or Activision could, y'know, shell out a few dollars for a good anticheat program. Apex, Fortnite, and Overwatch are all popular FTP shooters/BR's that have very good anticheat and don't suffer nearly as much from "got headshot literally across the map by a guy who couldn't even see me" poo poo you see all the time in WZ.

Or you could be bad enough at warzone that you never get put in cheater lobbies 😎

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm a sub 1.0 k/d WZ player, so it's pretty easy to spot a cheater when a person on a brand new account is quadrupling the second place kill count with long shots from across the map with pistols.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Thank you Activision for the incentive to finally finish leveling my CW pistols.

Giphy sped things up weirdly, I'll fix it in the morning.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The way SBMM works, assuming your squads KD is actually below 1, you shouldn't run into cheaters very often. If your KD is <.7 the only time you should run into them often. When you do it's because their accounts are new and they haven't been kicked up the MM chain, but that period generally lasts less than 5 matches for the cheater before they get adjusted.

If your KD is over 1.2ish, you'll run into them every now and then because you'll get put into the higher MM tiers sometimes.

If your KD is over 1.5, it's likely you're gonna run into cheaters quite regularly because you've crossed the threshold where you're regularly going to be in very sweaty lobbies.

The thing is the only cheaters youll ever confirm are the bad ones. You'll never be able to tell a good cheater apart from a good player. There are signs, but the cheats are so sophisticated if it's a decent player using them you'll never be sure from a killcam.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Fart Car '97 posted:

The way SBMM works, assuming your squads KD is actually below 1, you shouldn't run into cheaters very often. If your KD is <.7 the only time you should run into them often. When you do it's because their accounts are new and they haven't been kicked up the MM chain, but that period generally lasts less than 5 matches for the cheater before they get adjusted.

If your KD is over 1.2ish, you'll run into them every now and then because you'll get put into the higher MM tiers sometimes.

If your KD is over 1.5, it's likely you're gonna run into cheaters quite regularly because you've crossed the threshold where you're regularly going to be in very sweaty lobbies.

The thing is the only cheaters youll ever confirm are the bad ones. You'll never be able to tell a good cheater apart from a good player. There are signs, but the cheats are so sophisticated if it's a decent player using them you'll never be sure from a killcam.

I could've sworn I saw one of my team mates spinbotting in Nuketown, but I'm not sure. Is that a thing in COD?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

I could've sworn I saw one of my team mates spinbotting in Nuketown, but I'm not sure. Is that a thing in COD?

I'm talking about Warzone specifically

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I find that it’s a lot easier to know if a cheater is present than determining who it is. A really dumb cheater, most of them, will wipe out a lobby pretty early turning it into a ghost town by the second circle.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Looks like whatever update just loaded has completely hosed MW multiplayer. Can’t get a single leve to load and it keeps crashing.

Yay! Time to redownload a 200 gig+ game as a fix!

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Captain Log posted:

Looks like whatever update just loaded has completely hosed MW multiplayer. Can’t get a single leve to load and it keeps crashing.

Yay! Time to redownload a 200 gig+ game as a fix!

Last night I found every time I queued,at the end of the countdown it jjmped back to matchmaking again, but warzone worked just fine

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I was more :tinfoil: I'd maybe think they were trying to soft kill MW but they gently caress everything up all the time in Cold War too.

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid
I actually managed to get into an MW multiplayer game but my frame rate was about 1/4 what I normally get so I gave up

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
I was able to get into normal multiplayer matches but had that problem when trying to get into matches on the Shoot the Ship playlist

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Completely and totally avoidable if they didn't do the laziest attempt at games as a service in the history of forever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hope Battlefield 6 is good and they learned from all their fuckups and can supplant cod (lmao no, EA)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Reboot specops again with AAA polish and do The Line thing of heavy handedly making us feel bad about war.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

priznat posted:

I hope Battlefield 6 is good and they learned from all their fuckups and can supplant cod (lmao no, EA)

i tried battlefield 5 when it was free on psn but i couldnt really get into because it seemed like the only way to do well was to hide in a bush and shoot all the other people that werent hiding in bushes. were any of the earlier ones better for a run and gun playstyle?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

i tried battlefield 5 when it was free on psn but i couldnt really get into because it seemed like the only way to do well was to hide in a bush and shoot all the other people that werent hiding in bushes. were any of the earlier ones better for a run and gun playstyle?

Yeah definitely, BFV sucked poo poo. 3/4 were amazing and had great vehicle combat as well and the destruction effects were awesome. I wasn’t a huge fan of BF1 but it was still pretty good for large scale battles. V is probably the worst of the main battlefield games tbh.

4 is free on twitch prime now as well!

Orv
May 4, 2011
That we will likely never see Battlefield 2143 while Disney is probably mandating that they don't do a competitor sci-fi Battlefield to Disney's sci-fit Battlefield makes me extremely sad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

haha yeah, same. I started with COD, realized BF was better and went over to that for years, then BF got bad and COD got good again so I switched back...Now battlefield is not great and COD is an absolute mess full of broken updates and the worst attempt I've ever seen at this unified GAAS thing.

Waiting to see if someone can tip the scales. Actually it would be nice if someone could swoop in and replace them both. Although if Titanfall 2 can't succeed, nothing aside from the big two can.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

priznat posted:

Yeah definitely, BFV sucked poo poo. 3/4 were amazing and had great vehicle combat as well and the destruction effects were awesome. I wasn’t a huge fan of BF1 but it was still pretty good for large scale battles. V is probably the worst of the main battlefield games tbh.

4 is free on twitch prime now as well!

do 3 and 4 still have an active playerbase? i have a gaming pc on the way and i havent had one since like 2009 so i might add those to my list of stuff to catch up on

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

do 3 and 4 still have an active playerbase? i have a gaming pc on the way and i havent had one since like 2009 so i might add those to my list of stuff to catch up on

I think they do, but probably a lot slower to fill a lobby than CoD. 4 being free will probably boost this though!

Every once in a while jackfrags does a battlefield vid and you can tell he has the most fun doing that.

I think Warzone really hosed up with their map update, it’s so minimal everyone just got bored. If they don’t add some good poo poo before the late fall battlefield will just crush it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Firestorm was such a pile of poo poo that I would not immediately give any credence to BF6 BR being good enough to draw anyone away from any of the big ones but we'll see I suppose.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Orv posted:

Firestorm was such a pile of poo poo that I would not immediately give any credence to BF6 BR being good enough to draw anyone away from any of the big ones but we'll see I suppose.

Very true. Their main fuckup was not making it f2p tho, it was kinda cool in some ways. They had to have learned from that right?! (Lol)

Also WW2 limits the fun skins and stuff you can do unless it gets really weird (which I am fine with)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It had cool stuff but it was just inherently flawed in a lot of ways. I am curious if they'll do more armed vehicles in a more modern setting. Vehicles are part of that BF DNA but it'd suck to have final circles come down to "Did you get a tank and cover it in trophy systems?"