Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

GLOW got cancelled while filming was on hiatus for COVID.

Yes and I'm still mad Ruth never got her happy ending :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

Did anything ever come out about exactly what happened in that Leyla/Shanna match? To my eyes it looked like Leyla locked in her finisher and Shanna didn't want to tap out to to it for some reason, then Leyla legitimately locked it in to force her to tap. It was really weird, felt like Shanna went into business for herself.

Something definitely went down in that match, the ref had to step in between the two of them at the end and he was staring straight at Shanna as she left the ring so yeah, I think you might be onto something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah RIP to GLOW I'm still super salty about that and Netflix cancelling Teenage Bounty Hunters. It was an incredibly stupid show, but I liked it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Saul Goode posted:

Something definitely went down in that match, the ref had to step in between the two of them at the end and he was staring straight at Shanna as she left the ring so yeah, I think you might be onto something.

Link? I almost certainly saw the match but don't remember this at all.

E: Found it. Yeah that ending seems weird for sure.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 1, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8C-_eRFaBg

Men of The Year are really growing on me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Did anything ever come out about exactly what happened in that Leyla/Shanna match? To my eyes it looked like Leyla locked in her finisher and Shanna didn't want to tap out to to it for some reason, then Leyla legitimately locked it in to force her to tap. It was really weird, felt like Shanna went into business for herself.

I don't think Sapp bothers to report on contentious matches on Elevation, but it definitely had a weird feeling at the end. That was her last match too so maybe you're right.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Obviously Shanna didn’t want to do the job for an immigrant.

Leyla is awesome and needs a big push.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

History Comes Inside! posted:

Obviously Shanna didn’t want to do the job for an immigrant.

Leyla is awesome and needs a big push.

She cracked the rankings for the first time this week, so I think she might get some more run on Dynamite in the next few weeks. I’d love to see them run it back with her and Deeb now that Deeb’s gone full heel grappler.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1399730211030175745

yeehaw

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

that's an awesome video too. They're really coming together as a team now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The match was also a good reminder that Sky is pretty loving good in-ring. Being in a tag team is deffo working better than trying for a solo run, and Ethan Page has the charisma to carry the team outside the ring, specially with the angle of "I hate and want to hurt one of the most popular people in the roster, who happens to be OK with getting murdered for dumb spots". Ultimately, I still am more excited for the Darby vs Page no DQ match that will inevitably happen, but this is deffo putting Sky and Page over for me. Men of the Year is a great song.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saul Goode posted:

Just looked this up and it makes me like Leyla even more. She really cranked that poo poo in and wasn't taking any nonsense from Shanna at all.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, Scorpio/Ethan could have actually fit in to something like The Pinnacle. Feels like they're missing a third man to tie things together

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

man, Scorpio/Ethan could have actually fit in to something like The Pinnacle. Feels like they're missing a third man to tie things together

I wish Larry Sweeney was their manager.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I think bringing in Hogan is a bad idea, personally.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

My Lovely Horse posted:

Mini arc where Serpentico realizes that normal tag teams provide support and safety

Also squares off with V and they just look at each other for a moment like "I know, man. I know."

Luther and Serpentico attend couples counseling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DLC Inc posted:

I think some monster hoss could fit. They talk poo poo, then stand behind Miro. Miro smiles as Ethan yeets Darby to Kentucky. OTOH

Miro: Page, you stream?
Page: oh no, I run a Vlog and
Miro: okay don't care. Sky, i hear you have a gaming podcast. What did you think about Horizon 2's new mechanics? Did you have issues on Returnal?
Sky: ...huh? oh! uh, no, I only play NBA games. I don't even have a PS5 yet.
Miro: i see

and then a crater appears where page and sky once stood

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Finally, they have an opening for Zicky Dice.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Every so often I realize if Larry Sweeney had hung on eight more years there would have been a WWE alternative custom built for perpetual indy dudes like him to go to and blow up, then I get very, very sad

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DeathChicken posted:

Every so often I realize if Larry Sweeney had hung on eight more years there would have been a WWE alternative custom built for perpetual indy dudes like him to go to and blow up, then I get very, very sad

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they killed that snake live on ppv

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The tag match really sold me on Ethan Page. Not just yeeting Darby, but he and Darby slapping each other while in submission holds. It was the missing piece that clicked for me as a Page / MotY fan.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

DLC Inc posted:

With a third man they would Out. Work. Everyone.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just looked this up and it makes me like Leyla even more. She really cranked that poo poo in and wasn't taking any nonsense from Shanna at all.

I just rewatched it and it definitely fell apart when Shanna slapped her and Leyla hit her with a double leg takedown(after the match when Leyla went at her in the corner she was saying “don’t you ever slap me like that again.”)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah, I don't know if it's the tag team stuff or Ethan getting used to AEW's creative freedom, but he really clicked for me last night as well.

I also can't say enough about how well AEW is using Christian, especially if you compare it to how WWE used Edge in his most recent run. Christian is having fun matches, building up young guys, and getting to look like a veteran while making his opponents look like stars for taking him to the limit or (in Jungle Boy's case) beating him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah Ethan seems like he can be a fun midcard guy. I still don't give two shits about Scorp though

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

What episode of Dark is this, out of curiosity? I remember watching that match and thinking something felt off.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I also really like Kazarian as a dude who's losing his poo poo and attacking the Elite every time they try to interfere in matches. Could lead to some fun stuff especially as the cracks have seemingly started to form and Kenny no longer looks completely unbeatable.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

coconono posted:

they killed that snake live on ppv

It's sad that some wrestling fans think that if you put a snake in a bag, the snake doesn't exist anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

I also really like Kazarian as a dude who's losing his poo poo and attacking the Elite every time they try to interfere in matches. Could lead to some fun stuff especially as the cracks have seemingly started to form and Kenny no longer looks completely unbeatable.

I think when the Bucks drop the belts, he should be involved in helping the team who takes the belts fend off the GB's or Don.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's sad that some wrestling fans think that if you put a snake in a bag, the snake doesn't exist anymore.

and when you throw that bag, it kills the snake

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

flashy_mcflash posted:

What episode of Dark is this, out of curiosity? I remember watching that match and thinking something felt off.

Episode 5, also has a pretty good Thunder Rosa/Diamanté match on it plus Death Triangle destroying Cutler.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Elevation number 5, from the 12th April episode. The same one with that godlike Takeshita vs Limelight match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Couldn't help but notice that for the All Out ad, Cody said "This is where champions...are crowned", then it shows Hangman doing his taunt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Couldn't help but notice that for the All Out ad, Cody said "This is where champions...are crowned", then it shows Hangman doing his taunt

Hangmin winning the title at All Out, one year after he and Kenny lost the tag belts, two years after he failed to become the first world champion, would be quite something as a redemption arc.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Didn't Awesome Kong also have some unspecified health issues as well? I remember hearing that part of the reason the Nightmare Collective stuff was dropped, besides the fact that it was terrible, was that Kong needed surgery and then by the time she'd recovered from that it was time to film GLOW and then COVID happened while that was going on.

It's truly depressing how many times her careers been derailed by things she had no control over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Didn't Awesome Kong also have some unspecified health issues as well? I remember hearing that part of the reason the Nightmare Collective stuff was dropped, besides the fact that it was terrible, was that Kong needed surgery and then by the time she'd recovered from that it was time to film GLOW and then COVID happened while that was going on.

It's truly depressing how many times her careers been derailed by things she had no control over.

Yeah, it's not really something that can be fixed, she just can't bump anymore.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

This is a really good tron/theme and fixes the big issue I had with Page/Sky. They felt so thrown-together that I couldn't take them seriously. Now they've had a bit of time to gel and they've settled on a gimmick of "GQ Guys" there's a lot more to like about them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kong shouldn't be wrestling, yeah. lower back, hips, knees and ankles are all pretty hosed up. Esp when she needed to be the big heater for Brandi's whirlpool of madness matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is Mox the longest reigning US champ for NJPW?