Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think I took a 10 year break from posting and yeah, forums are better than ever.

I probably need a new avatar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this is the only guardian i care about

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
FYI I voted for Fallout 5 because I like Fallout 4, also I laughed like wild at the idea about him forgetting Elder Scrolls 6 exists. :)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
someday someone is getting this as an avatar and you'll know it was from me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

haveblue posted:

Where can I get a 9-5 killing people and stuffing them into hampers

Most major companies have this role now I think. Try like Amazon or Coca-Cola.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
idk, sometimes i do resent the time i spent with certain videogames. especially those with systems designed to make you show up every day, but videogames can be pathologically addicting even without them.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm super late to deathmatch map discussion, but I want to give a shoutout to Canyon Oasis in Jedi Knight. Loved that map.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I'm not sure about Dishonored 2. It's fine. It's beautiful. But it feels perfunctory. Outside the graphical refresh, I don't think it's much of an improvement over the original. There's barely any evolution of the core concepts. Level design might be a step back in some cases (I know there some upcoming levels that are supposed to be standouts, though, so I'm looking forward to that).

Can't complain too much because almost no one else makes these games, and I have to stress it's not bad, but it very much feels like it's Arkane spinning its wheels.

And the chaos system remains a pet peeve of mine. I told myself I'd just go with the flow: try and avoid unnecessary killing but stab a dude when I have to. And I immediately ended up with high chaos at the end of the first level. So the next level I reined it in, but it was so much less fun and it still wasn't enough to change the chaos rating. Caring about this stuff is optional, but at least for me it's hard to completely disconnect from. I would have liked it if it recognized my half and half approach, but it seems the threshold for chaos is fairly low.

All the powers you get with the new main character are completely different/have new applications versus the previous game, though? They introduced a lot with those options + more dangerous enemies i.e. the witches who can fight you on a verticality that wasn't there in previous games. It's More Dishonored for sure but the level design was improved to a huge degree in the latter half.

High chaos for a few levels doesn't shut you out of bringing your overall chaos levels down. But even so, I feel like people have historically gotten way too out of shape about getting high chaos in Dishonored games, as if you are actually playing as a valorous character. In the first game, even the "better" option for assassinations is usually cruel punishment. The game has never been hiding the fact that this is a vengeful journey; you have never been heroic and the actions you take are not honorable. Hell, Dishonored 2 even remarks on the fact that you've been an absentee, ignorant empress who doesn't even know how lovely Karnaca and the world beyond has been. Low or high chaos, you're still an agent of chaos, literally one of many toys that the Outsider picked to make life more "interesting." The more you think about that, the more fun you'll have. As long as you don't go bloodthirsty and kill like half the guards in the entire game, you'll likely still be able to achieve a low chaos ending.

For what it's worth, Deathloop looks like it's pretty much the olive branch from Arkane that people wanted i.e. now you can loving kill everyone with no recompense using your wizard powers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DLC Inc posted:

I feel like people have historically gotten way too out of shape about getting high chaos in Dishonored games, as if you are actually playing as a valorous character.

I know, but it's a psychological pressure that's gonna affect some people regardless of whether it actually matters or not. It's even an issue Arkane themselves recognize, and something they specifically tried to avoid in Mooncrash.

I haven't encountered witches yet. These were fairly early impressions, probably should've noted that.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

tbh I only have object permanence for about 50% of the posters in this thread. Everyone else it’s like hi, nice to talk to you.

Having just finished Diamond is Unbreakable I want the Jojo Yakuza sooooo bad

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Rinkles posted:

I know, but it's a psychological pressure that's gonna affect some people regardless of whether it actually matters or not. It's even an issue Arkane themselves recognize, and something they specifically tried to avoid in Mooncrash.

I haven't encountered witches yet. These were fairly early impressions, probably should've noted that.

When I first played Prey I avoided all neuromods simply because it seemed like a bad idea to gently caress my brain up like that. Eventually I got to a point where I felt like I needed neuromods to progress, so even then I limited myself to only using non-typhon neuromods.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The problem with Dishonored is that it's way too easy to accidentally kill people but no way to unkill them, which there should be for both morality + entertainment purposes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/BW/status/1399538145201426442

*bong rip*

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
There are too many video games I want to play! What a wonderful time to be playing video games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah Bloomberg writer, I played Chrono Cross too

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am playing Mass Effect again and it is feeling very fun and nostalgic to spend 45 mins in character creation start the game, play for a bit and then restart in order to slightly tweak my neck size.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The nonexistent people seem pretty lucky tbh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lol what kind of loser never even exists

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

hatty posted:

The nonexistent people seem pretty lucky tbh

I agree, so many unborn scrubs who will never get owned by my immaculate Ivy. An inconvenience for me, a lifetime of shame prevented for them.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

*Walks past birth control section in a convenience store*

*Sheds a tear for the fallen*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kneeling, tears streaming down my eyes at the freshmen men's dorm showers. So many souls unable to know the joy of the taco bell menu

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Am I supposed to feel bad that I got a vasectomy 10 years ago? What bullshit.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Oh, pray that I were able to share my taste of volcanic reflux with the unmade! Alas! That they might take this succor and know truly that they will someday find deaths sweet embrace...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RIP to the nonexistent

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

The problem with Dishonored is that it's way too easy to accidentally kill people but no way to unkill them, which there should be for both morality + entertainment purposes.

def a problem my gf ran into as she just started playing this game. Knocked out a lot of guards non-lethal but accidentally let a bunch of rats from a room loose, which all devoured the unconscious guards---which counts as lethal takedown lol. I've also accidentally had people fall off cliffs and poo poo, as well. It's absolutely a flawed game in terms of morality levels/trying to stay 100% non-lethal, but the overall stealth gameplay. level design, and most interesting powerset in almost any FPS game keep me coming back.

Rinkles posted:

Oh yeah I don't blame you if you're just in the first 2 levels or so. Witches make a scary cameo early on but you can avoid them.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

me spilling my seed upon the ground: haha gently caress yeah!!! yes!!!
me being put to death by the Lord for acting wickedly in His sight: well this loving sucks. what the gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tithin posted:

Decided to play a bit of prey 2017 and that first reveal's ptty great hey

made my kid absolutely poo poo himself when the mimic showed up

I knew Prey would be good when in the intro I thought "can you do the thing" and you can do the thing and also get an achievement for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

me spilling my seed upon the ground: haha gently caress yeah!!! yes!!!
me being put to death by the Lord for acting wickedly in His sight: well this loving sucks. what the gently caress.

July chat thread title if it can fit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey man, the issue wasn't that onan was jerking it, its that he wasn't knocking up his dead brothers wife which honestly just means God is into some way freakier poo poo than people give them credit for

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i know about onan because on the way to church I'd look up sex words in the glossary of my Teen Bible to get jazzed up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they should make a Jojo Yakuza like they made a Fist of the North Star Yakuza

I'd rather have a jojo dynasty warriors clone tbh, or just a straight up castlevania clone for phantom blood, though phantom blood could probably make for a decent yakuza-fotns style game, same with diamond is unbreakable, jojolion, and maybe stone ocean since those are all mostly centered around a smaller location or series of locations very close together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

Red Sonic has a gun!!!!!!

:qq: and :catdrugs: rolled into one, nice.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Looper posted:

dude cant even hit the trigger with those gloves

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How did he make the gun cocking noise? Did he just do it himself?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Beat the Owl last night in Sekiro! While I still get tense and frustrated in Sekiro I will say that most of the time I'm not frustrated in a "this is impossible and unfair" way and more of a "I can't believe I keep letting myself get hit by THAT attack" way. Instead of feeling like it's hopeless and I'll just get lucky it really feels like a matter of time before I'm successful.

With that fight it was another one where I stopped going in with a "beat the boss" mentality and went in just trying to figure out what I'm getting hit by and what can I do differently to avoid it. I was kinda surprised when I got through because I had long run out of healing and was poisoned but I prevailed. Woo!

It's such a good game.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ah yes, the majority of the earth's population live in squalor and the rest consume every natural resource and pollute the planet to death, but we need a larger labor market so wages can be kept low. Love me some capitalism.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd rather have a jojo dynasty warriors clone tbh, or just a straight up castlevania clone for phantom blood, though phantom blood could probably make for a decent yakuza-fotns style game, same with diamond is unbreakable, jojolion, and maybe stone ocean since those are all mostly centered around a smaller location or series of locations very close together.

A Diamond is Unbreakable Yakuza would be legit awesome; hell, a few of the arcs in that already feel like Yakuza substories (Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food in particular)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

2:30am is a good time to start playing the 2017 Prey, right? :v:

i now refuse to have any objects near me that i havent recently interacted with :stare: