Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they not revealing any more cards before wc release? Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It was a holiday weekend in the US, if they're going to post more spoilers they'll likely do it today.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Neat thing, when beasts are banned the Agamaggan is not - so you can get 6 different tribes.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I just experienced the beauty of Vol'jin and Blood Stone synergy. Essentially if you swap stats with a Blood Stone buffed minion the minion keeps the Blood Stones (but not the actual stats) and then you can use the Quilboar that pulls Blood Stones from adjacent minions onto a middle minion to effectively double the buff. Just pulled an insanely huge Cave Hydra out of absolutely nowhere and romped home.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I added "Call to Adventure" to Wild Handbuff and it's made it slightly slower and slightly more consistent:

### Handbuff
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Meanstreet Marshal
# 2x (1) Smuggler's Run
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (3) Argent Horserider
# 2x (3) Call to Adventure
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Chillblade Champion
# 2x (5) Glowstone Technician
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (6) Val'anyr
#
AAEBAZmrBAT6DoG9ArfpAvvoAw26E7O7Ave8AvfQAtn+At3+ArSbA5WmA8rBA5XNA5HkA8zrA+PrAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Navaash posted:

The higher level you get, the more likely it is that your final opponent(s) will hate draft to deny you your last one or two combo pieces if they sense what you're trying to do and all your pieces aren't quite in place. This isn't very common, though.

What? The total pool of cards is shared by all contestants?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What? The total pool of cards is shared by all contestants?
Yes

Tier 1: 16 copies
Tier 2: 15 copies
Tier 3: 13 copies
Tier 4: 11 copies
Tier 5: 9 copies
Tier 6: 7 copies

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2z9423XIAQerf6?format=jpg&name=small

Damnit well it's up on Hearthstone Twitter. Hopefully someone who knows how to do this properly can help.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Mayveena posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2z9423XIAQerf6?format=jpg&name=small

Damnit well it's up on Hearthstone Twitter. Hopefully someone who knows how to do this properly can help.

Loving the flavor on that deviate delight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Where the hunter cards at? I see beast synergy, but it's mana cheat so definitely not hunter.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Loving the flavor on that deviate delight.

Seems like a really random effect for me, as someone who doesn't play WoW. What's the context?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Where the hunter cards at? I see beast synergy, but it's mana cheat so definitely not hunter.
Seems like a really random effect for me, as someone who doesn't play WoW. What's the context?

A savory deviate delight was a food in WoW that would transform you either into a pirate or a ninja for an hour and it was purely cosmetic, but you got the stuff for it in Wailing Caverns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6657/savory-deviate-delight#comments

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, pretty neat. Also just realized it's a rogue card and not druid.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Savory Delight seems bad and might just exist to make Rogue's pool of 1 cost spells worse.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I like that Hearthstone is finally going for some serious hand disruption.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

sirtommygunn posted:

Savory Delight seems bad and might just exist to make Rogue's pool of 1 cost spells worse.

Hand disruption has the tendency to find a way into decks. Rogue has a lot of draw to support a 1-mana tech card.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I don't see which rogue deck wants delight so who knows if it will see play unless generated.

The new fangbound druid seems pretty good. If you use the discount is basically becomes a 1 mana 4/3 with taunt which is ridiculous. Clown druid does already run five beast all of which cost 5 so it could see play.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

Hand disruption has the tendency to find a way into decks. Rogue has a lot of draw to support a 1-mana tech card.

It's more the part where it also disrupts your own hand, which seems like a major issue unless Rogue can make a viable no minion deck soon. Right now Rogue has a lot of minions it wants to hold onto for its big swing turns.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: Oh posted. FAngbound seems weird, like neither of those gimmicks worked and how much crossover do they even have?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I can see 1 mana hand disruption being pretty good in tempo decks since it immediately screws up your opponents mulligan. Later in the game it has the obvious ability to disrupt your opponents swing turns they are saving up.

It's probably not going to be widely seen but it definitely has it's uses.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

e: Oh posted. FAngbound seems weird, like neither of those gimmicks worked and how much crossover do they even have?

I think it's meant to support a Celestial Alignment deck, rather than a taunt/beast deck. Makes your expensive beast free post-alignment, helps you to survive before then.

e: eh, probably not. I don't know, its effect is good but the deck you build around it still seems mediocre

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 1, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

gandlethorpe posted:

https://twitter.com/Falular/status/1399780269729763328

many hours wasted transformed as these waiting for raids to get organized and start. Also carbon-dates WoW to the time period where the Pirates vs Ninjas Internet meme was at its peak

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

they needed to do this to priest instead. they need more poo poo to dilute their pool...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

savory deviate delight is OK but blizzard team 5 never gave me my goddamn noggenfogger elixir

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Flayer posted:

I just experienced the beauty of Vol'jin and Blood Stone synergy. Essentially if you swap stats with a Blood Stone buffed minion the minion keeps the Blood Stones (but not the actual stats) and then you can use the Quilboar that pulls Blood Stones from adjacent minions onto a middle minion to effectively double the buff. Just pulled an insanely huge Cave Hydra out of absolutely nowhere and romped home.

As some who is getting back into battlegrounds, that is pretty cool. I've tried the pull bloodstone minion a few times and its been lacklustre.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mr Beens posted:

As some who is getting back into battlegrounds, that is pretty cool. I've tried the pull bloodstone minion a few times and its been lacklustre.

Necroboar is incredibly good, and gets used regularly. Pulling gems off a Bristleback Brute or Aggem or Groundshaker, to your cleave or divine shield is a core strategy.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

That's really it for the card reveals today, huh. Why are they always like this?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

That's really it for the card reveals today, huh. Why are they always like this?

because they can get away with it. everyone will buy the set, regardless of what's shown / not shown. even if the cards shown sucked, it wouldn't change anything.

there aren't many options for folks who play this type of game, and soon enough there'll be a new expansion to buy into again, plus more bundles, another pass, and then soon after, yet another mini-set. and so the cycle goes on.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

There is a backend: GM decklists for this weekend are being published tomorrow, which will almost certainly contain new cards. They all apparently had access to accounts with the miniset available under NDA for quite a few days now.

If Blizz doesn't do the full reveal then most of the relevant cards will be implicitly revealed by these decklists anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:dukedog:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I didn't realize XP requirements lowered once you hit level 101+ on the rewards track. 50 gold per level didn't sound like much but it rolls in pretty quickly

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

goferchan posted:

I didn't realize XP requirements lowered once you hit level 101+ on the rewards track. 50 gold per level didn't sound like much but it rolls in pretty quickly

Yeah once you hit that max level you're pretty much rolling in it for the rest of the expansion. Minimum 50 gold a day and a ton more when your weeklies pop.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm playing Monkey Demon Hunter in wild with only a 2 star bonus so why the gently caress are so many people wasting my time with Priest

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Priest players hate Hearthstone and they want everyone else to hate it too.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

sirtommygunn posted:

It's more the part where it also disrupts your own hand, which seems like a major issue unless Rogue can make a viable no minion deck soon. Right now Rogue has a lot of minions it wants to hold onto for its big swing turns.

Poison Rogue is pretty light on minions, though is also really likes poisons coming from Wandmaker and this dilutes the pool.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

With the few card reveals we’ve seen today I think there might be just enough for Beast Snek druid to be a thing.

Replace Landscaping with the new 3 drop, and cenarion ward with the deviate dreadfang. Every spell is a nature spell to proc Dreadfang, and even if you don’t get to him you can snowball with GA into Arbor up. Looking forward to trying this on Thursday.

### Snek?
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (2) Ironbark
# 2x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell
# 2x (3) Landscaping
# 1x (3) Shan'do Wildclaw
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Plaguemaw the Rotting
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 1x (5) Greybough
# 1x (5) Moonfang
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Guardian Animals
#
AAECAeSiBATB0AOm4QOV5APC7AMN6LoD7LoDks0Dm84Dk9ED3tED8NQDpOEDjOQDtuwDiu0Drp8EtaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just had a Demon Hunter pull off his Il'gynoth combo for 36 damage on turn 7. Guess it's time to pack it in for today.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Just had a Demon Hunter pull off his Il'gynoth combo for 36 damage on turn 7. Guess it's time to pack it in for today.

A god-hand draw allows one to do this combo on Turn 5 on the play, or Turn 4 with coin :thumbsup:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I got hit for over 90 damage from one of those the other day, I had to admit that was impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Literally forgetting that you have a hero power until you upgrade to tier 5 isn't always a bad thing...