Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Manual, I didn't intend to get this specific one, I wanted a blue slicktop "base", but my wife loves the sunroof and I ended up really liking the color and the auto highbeams on the exec pack, and well here we are. Definitely quite the upgrade from my Civic Si!

Ultimate Mango posted:

He needs the sunroof so he has a place for his gigantic erection every time he drives it

Actually it's this lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ultimate Mango posted:

He needs the sunroof so he has a place for his gigantic erection every time he drives it

Also sometimes your driving gloves get sweaty, super easy fix. Additionally, it provides an easy portal to let the arresting officer know you have your hands up after you get pinched for going 120 in a 45 or whatever.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Looks like I’m stuck away from home for another two weeks so I said gently caress it and ordered the full weld in reinforcement kit and the camber/toe shim kit and the SPEC sway bar and the front and rear strut braces and the diff stud kit and gas pedal bushings for the e30 from garagistic with their Memorial Day coupon.

Going to have this fucker driving by July 4th, damnit. Once it’s on the ground, fix the fuel leak, see why the maf is acting up, get an exhaust fabbed up, get a new heater core ($$$ and back ordered nearly all of next month already) and then I’ll need to focus on interior and body work.

Fake edit, for my purposes because I know I’m going to forget this:
HEY CRUNCHY YOU DUMB BASTARD REBUILD THE SHIFTER WITH THE KIT YOU ALREADY HAVE ON HAND BEFORE PUTTING THE PROP SHAFT BACK IN.

Just need to remember the goal—make her better than she was in college.

Crunchy Black fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 1, 2021

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
That’s a fine looking automobile.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Voltage posted:

I fuckin did it boys:

From this angle, it kind of looks like the windshield is sunk into the hood, or that the front of the car is too tall or something.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's just the weight of the sunroof buckling the A-pillars. RIP no carbon fibre roof option on these.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

DO
AN
BURN

OU
T!!!

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
What’s the build date, voltage? That has to be one of the final non-CS cars off the line.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm gonna preorder the I4 today

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Hell loving ya, congrats on your future av!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

attention E91 fetishists

2007 BMW 328xi wagon, very good condition, very low miles: 38,100. One owner; selling because we bought a new BMW. Price is Kelly Blue Book value. Runs great, handles beautifully. Metallic blue. All scheduled maintenance, including regular oil changes. 3.0 liter 6-cylinder engine. 27 MPG highway. Automatic transmission. AWD. Cold weather package, including heated front seats. Rear door window sun blinds. Minor scratches, no accidents, no frame damage. Non-smoker. Wire transfer, local cashier's check or local money order.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
That's not gonna last.

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
Is the version of the N63 in the G30 as much of a ticking time bomb as the one in the F10? Or did they manage to work out some of the issues in the new version?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
For the heck of it, I decided to try the swap where you throw 9005 high beam bulbs in the low beam projectors on my e34. Visually I couldn't notice any difference between the two with both on at the same time. The light sensor on my phone actually says the stock 9006s were brighter, though I'm not sure if this is tuned to sunlight or a different bandwidth or something.

Is this one of those placebo things that everyone swears works but actually doesn't? I'm kind of suspicious because I can't seem to find a single picture out there comparing the two. I'd love some brighter headlights, but I don't really want to screw around with retrofitting HID housings or trying to find an LED bulb that isn't either extremely expensive or complete garbage.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

bergeoisie posted:

Is the version of the N63 in the G30 as much of a ticking time bomb as the one in the F10? Or did they manage to work out some of the issues in the new version?

It’s not as bad, at the very least they don’t seem to be drinking a quart of oil every 1k miles.

I would still budget for a lot of expensive things to break.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Update: I pre-ordered the BMW i4

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
For those who didn’t get on the m2 allocation list this year you have another chance. You might oopsie and win a M8 though.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Looks like the M2 is caged, so hope you were looking for a track car.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Given the choice, I'd probably take the M8.

Or the cash

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
pay the $12k tax on the M8 and try to sell it and buy a 911 I guess.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I *think* the only one where the car exists is the grand prize, occasionally the first prize if they've customized it. Otherwise, you get cash towards a new BMW, less tax money.

The prior owner of my car was an instructor of Porsche Car Club, if I somehow got the M2, I'd probably take it to a few events with him and see if anyone there wanted to buy it after I did a few (safe) laps. I'm going need a second car seat before this contest is over, fewer doors and fewer seats isn't helpful!

Also have no idea what happens if you use M8 money for a lesser car, guessing you're not allowed to keep extra cash. Time to buy a set of wheels or three I guess?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
You cannot straight take the cash.
CCA cuts the check straight to the dealer once you decide what you want. (Equal or greater than msrp value on brand new BMW).
In past years first and second prizes were real cars that you had to take no matter what. This year you only don’t get a choice if you win the m2 first prize.
Looks like you’d get the 135k this year if you won the m8 drawing, which puts your options at the m8 coupe, m8 vert, x7 m50 fully loaded or an Alpina or absolutely every checkbox 7er.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

BMW Thread: pay the $12k tax on the M8 and try to sell it and buy a 911 I guess

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'd sell the M8 and get all over this base 911 for $120k....

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ickType=listing

Not a manual though, for that privilege you now need to go up to an S and like $150k now. :smith:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Eyeing price for that e91 (not brown) wagon up there. God drat you americans are blessed with prices on cars!

Keyser_Soze posted:

Not a manual though, for that privilege you now need to go up to an S and like $150k now. :smith:

Or not...

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Erulisse posted:

Eyeing price for that e91 (not brown) wagon up there. God drat you americans are blessed with prices on cars!

Or not...

That e91 is like 1/3 to 1/2 off market even for an auto. One was miscategorized as auto for a while on CG and the day it got fixed I was riding down to LA for a giants game otherwise I would have snagged a manual 2008 328xi for $8k, but that's quite literally half market value. As I have been watching out for them the past month or two now, nothing even remotely decent really goes for less than like $16k and nice ones are $20k-$25k.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

TheBacon posted:

That e91 is like 1/3 to 1/2 off market even for an auto. One was miscategorized as auto for a while on CG and the day it got fixed I was riding down to LA for a giants game otherwise I would have snagged a manual 2008 328xi for $8k, but that's quite literally half market value. As I have been watching out for them the past month or two now, nothing even remotely decent really goes for less than like $16k and nice ones are $20k-$25k.

I almost called about that first car because it was no more than 15 minutes away from my house and it seemed like a good deal that’d be easy enough to sell and make a little bit of money.

If it had been a manual, I might have not been able to resist and I probably would’ve just kept it for myself.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

TheBacon posted:

That e91…nothing even remotely decent really goes for less than like $16k and nice ones are $20k-$25k.

Brb just listing my car for sale.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

ThirstyBuck posted:

Brb just listing my car for sale.

Real talk if you have a good example of a manual LCI 328i E91 I’m looking and looking to spend market.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I want to do an e91m3 conversation so bad but it's quite the undertaking

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BraveUlysses posted:

Probably true but God will be with you friend for doing The Right Thing.

I am driving my M3 today and there was a wide expanse of highway in front of me without anyone there and I will tell you that this car tops fourth rather swiftly. It is a great way to experience the "torque gets you going but horsepower keeps you going" thing because the S65 is not really interested in revs less than 5500. I will never sell this car. You have idiot redditors talking about diamond hands never selling, so hell I guess that is me. Diamond hand haver.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Were there E91 M3s in Europe?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

flightless greeb posted:

Were there E91 M3s in Europe?

No, but there will be a G80 M3 Wagon!

edit: but not here

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

AFAIK only the M5 had a wagon version anywhere in the world until the upcoming G81

E34 and E61 came in touring

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Where I live there's like 230 e91s for sale, most of them being 320d autos, used and abused pre-facelift cars. Tourings are rare here :(
Last time I saw a 330 manual it was an Individual, diesel and was selling for over a year for $30k+.

I seriously think anyone should be able to just go and order X car in a Y chassis with an Z engine regardless of the lineups and what marketing department thinks.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

BraveUlysses posted:

How much are we talking?

The idea of a proper E91 M3 wagon in blue is just too much to handle. And maybe go with a 4.4L or 4.8L while you’re lighting money on fire?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah it's gotta be LeMans blue and a six speed. it's probably 40k all said and done but considering how expensive clean sedans are fetching nowadays...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah it's gotta be LeMans blue and a six speed. it's probably 40k all said and done but considering how expensive clean sedans are fetching nowadays...

You could build it for 40 and sell it for 65 on BAT.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

You could build it for 40 and sell it for 65 on BAT.

Don't dox me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I think if the G81 M3 Wagon came 'merica, I would absolutely buy one as a replacement for our Macan.

Or just buy another Macan, I guess.