Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I grabbed the expunge upgrades before doing it the first time since I had the data, so I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to be like without them, or if I'm misunderstanding what even counts as a shortcut. I did notice I opened an upper path early on, then I've noticed some extra platforms along the way. My first run was like 15 minutes? I tried again since I dawdled in an early section getting lost in some weird tunnels that looped back on themselves, but on my second run, I didn't feel like I was making good time, was slipping off platforms funny, then somehow missed a key harpy so I got frustrated and abandoned.

I'm sure it won't be too too hard, but like I said, lacking the patience for it right now, particularly without having much many other reasons/benefit from doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I’m not gunna lie. Strong arms, Lament, and perfect guard blocking an invaders nova bomb gave me a chubby.

Never realised how strong those exotic arms were.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

LackinPants! posted:

Don't know if you've solved it at this point but the quest to start that seasonal content is on the Moon. You should see a teal flag at the top left from the overworld map. It's a story bit with Osiris.

Took me and my friends forever to figure it out too. Once you run through that mission and maybe one other you'll get the items and Crow appearances as expected.

Hey goon, this worked! I now also have an entire other weird machine to upgrade and things to do. The hawkmoon quest itself hasn’t actually appeared yet, but Crow is in the tangled shore now and I’m sure it will as soon as I progress a bit in this mission line.

Man how the heck is anyone who didn’t buy shadowkeep think to look on the moon to start that quest. Lol.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

How’s Vault of glass? Is it the same or have they changed it at all?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I'm sure it won't be too too hard, but like I said, lacking the patience for it right now, particularly without having much many other reasons/benefit from doing it.
I did it last night in just over 8 minutes with a few fuckups, there are a few sections where you can shave off a huge chunk of time even if you don't have all of the left column upgrades on the glove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSavmgTVMIg

Biggest thing is that the only enemies you need to kill are the hydras and boss, ignore everything else.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I did it last night in just over 8 minutes with a few fuckups, there are a few sections where you can shave off a huge chunk of time even if you don't have all of the left column upgrades on the glove.

Biggest thing is that the only enemies you need to kill are the hydras and boss, ignore everything else.

Yeah, just run past everything. I was able to do it without any of the shortcuts. Once you learn the path and can optimize it, the main limiting factor becomes how quickly you can get to the boss and take them down. I used Falling Guillotine and the spin-to-win attack, which stuns the boss and seems to interrupt or delay him from going into his invulnerable phase. He would do it once, near the beginning, so I only had to do the platforming the one time, but then after that I would just spam R2 over and over and eventually lucked out and killed him at like 9:45.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The first immunity phase is based on health, but his second immunity phase is based on time. If you use your abilities and heavy smartly, he'll only go immune the one time

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The first immunity phase is based on health, but his second immunity phase is based on time. If you use your abilities and heavy smartly, he'll only go immune the one time

Ah, didn't realize that. I just assumed it was at certain breakpoints but I was getting lucky with stunning or delaying him before he could activate the next one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Shnakepup posted:

Ah, didn't realize that. I just assumed it was at certain breakpoints but I was getting lucky with stunning or delaying him before he could activate the next one.

It's weird!! They don't usually mix time and health bar gates on the same dude

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Rinzla posted:

How’s Vault of glass? Is it the same or have they changed it at all?

some changes but mostly the same

-opening has the cyclops turrets spawn in sometimes, otherwise the same
-conflux has the occasional wyvern and overload minotaur. also has the updated speed from the age of triumph version. also they maybe fixed the 'goblin teleports 50 feet behind you right to the conflux' issue
-oracles has big change. you now need to destroy them in the order they spawn, so communication and stuff is needed. also is the less waiting version from age of triumph
-templar is mostly the same, although the oracles spawned have the previous mechanic. relic can not cleanse the negation debuff.

-gorgons layout is the same, uses the hard mode version by default. one of the chests removed, the other requires destroying three boxes hidden in the maze now.

-gatekeeper is pretty different. the past/future arenas now have confluxes that must be defended, so you have to do both at the same time. periodically invincible minotaurs will spawn in one of them- you need to use the relic to destroy them. however traveling through the portal gives you a debuff so you can't go back through, so you have to relay race, by handing off the relic to the person previously in the portal, who brings it out and gives it to someone else to bring into the next portal and repeat for a while

-the basics of atheon are the same, but oracles are more complex. now oracles will be shown to the throne room team, who have to relay the order/location to the teleported team in order to destroy them in the right order, as with templar. dps and time's vengeance are the same.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shnakepup posted:

The attempt before the one I recorded, I messed up and had normal stormcaller on, so it didn't do enough damage and he got a second shield up - that completely destroyed that run at 9:50.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's weird!! They don't usually mix time and health bar gates on the same dude

Ahhhh. I thought it was weird that he went immune with a tiny sliver of health left.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Mazerunner posted:

some changes but mostly the same

-opening has the cyclops turrets spawn in sometimes, otherwise the same
-conflux has the occasional wyvern and overload minotaur. also has the updated speed from the age of triumph version. also they maybe fixed the 'goblin teleports 50 feet behind you right to the conflux' issue
-oracles has big change. you now need to destroy them in the order they spawn, so communication and stuff is needed. also is the less waiting version from age of triumph
-templar is mostly the same, although the oracles spawned have the previous mechanic. relic can not cleanse the negation debuff.

-gorgons layout is the same, uses the hard mode version by default. one of the chests removed, the other requires destroying three boxes hidden in the maze now.

-gatekeeper is pretty different. the past/future arenas now have confluxes that must be defended, so you have to do both at the same time. periodically invincible minotaurs will spawn in one of them- you need to use the relic to destroy them. however traveling through the portal gives you a debuff so you can't go back through, so you have to relay race, by handing off the relic to the person previously in the portal, who brings it out and gives it to someone else to bring into the next portal and repeat for a while

-the basics of atheon are the same, but oracles are more complex. now oracles will be shown to the throne room team, who have to relay the order/location to the teleported team in order to destroy them in the right order, as with templar. dps and time's vengeance are the same.

Wow, Thanks Maze, that was super informative!
I guess they’ve added a little more D2 to it and made it less cheese proof.

The biggest issue with D1 was the ability to cheese stuff. I remember two manning the Crota raid. Was ridiculous.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Rinzla posted:

Wow, Thanks Maze, that was super informative!
I guess they’ve added a little more D2 to it and made it less cheese proof.

The biggest issue with D1 was the ability to cheese stuff. I remember two manning the Crota raid. Was ridiculous.

ah, well,

prometheus lens can bypass the invincible minotaurs invincible shield in the gatekeeper fight, meaning you can totally ignore the whole mechanic

there's a spawn cheese that will let you find atheon's disabled model before starting the encounter and damage it to death without worrying about mechanics. however you have to set this up in the gatekeeper and if you gently caress it up and/or end up wiping you can't do it anymore.

there's another cheese where you drop the relic at the final second of atheon's damage phase and pick it back up, which can sometimes cause damage phase to never end.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Rinzla posted:

Good news people have already 2 manned Destiny 2 VoG :v:

(And soloed most of the encounters, but beyond the reach of most of us)

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

VodeAndreas posted:

Good news people have already 2 manned Destiny 2 VoG :v:

(And soloed most of the encounters, but beyond the reach of most of us)

I’m not surprised. Genuinely someone will always find a way.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well I sort of got to do VoG before the reset. I'm on Xbox for the foreseeable future and every group is out here looking for multiple clears or specific guns. I get a good chill group and they just want to cheese the last two encounters so I don't even get credit. I just get a decent hat and like 4 machine guns. Silver lining is that I can't talk myself into buying a lovely jacket I don't need since I never actually got the clear credit. So I got that going for me.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

ChaosReaper posted:

Well I sort of got to do VoG before the reset. I'm on Xbox for the foreseeable future and every group is out here looking for multiple clears or specific guns. I get a good chill group and they just want to cheese the last two encounters so I don't even get credit. I just get a decent hat and like 4 machine guns. Silver lining is that I can't talk myself into buying a lovely jacket I don't need since I never actually got the clear credit. So I got that going for me.

I always loved the “Link achievement” nazi’s in mmos.

How am I supposed to get the achievement if I require the achievement for every group?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta admit stasis was pretty funny

https://i.imgur.com/DxQlLZw.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/fUPWer1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/psjSfuZ.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/xcOqwWx.mp4

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
On the one hand, I'm sad about the Stasis nerfs. It actually felt "just right" to me as it was before, which means I'm probably the sort of awful player who was crutching on it too much, siiiiigh

On the other hand, Motion Control is back, and that does excite me.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

is that fukkin merciless in the year 2021

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Mazerunner posted:

is that fukkin merciless in the year 2021

Have they actually fixed it now?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh thanks for this! I had not figured it out. After the last few replies I checked the tangled shore and HELM again but Crow is not in the tangled shore.

I was reading the lore books and read the Crow one, A Tangled Web. I must’ve missed it in the prior season but what happened with the bomb spider out in Crow’s ghost?. Did Crow ever learn who he was and if so how’d he take it?

No crow still doesn’t know exactly who he was, he has a feeling that he wasn’t a good person though because of the way other guardians treat him and how the vanguard are kinda hiding him still. Also, yes the bomb did get taken out of his ghost. It was referenced in a lore piece on an armor or weapon. I don’t remember which one though.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Continuing my deep dive and really actually enjoying the grimoires in terms of quality. Through Ecdysis and Ghost Stories, partway through Black Armory Papers, got the Bray Lab Records and Bray's journal lying around yet to be done. Any other good resources for Collapse/Dark Age era material? Sorta stitching things together between that and loot lore. Game writing itself may be hit or miss but much like pre-Forerunner Halo the supplementary material fills in the gaps well.

E: oh yeah and the Drifter stuff, read it weeks ago and forgot to mention

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 1, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Adregan posted:

No crow still doesn’t know exactly who he was, he has a feeling that he wasn’t a good person though because of the way other guardians treat him and how the vanguard are kinda hiding him still. Also, yes the bomb did get taken out of his ghost. It was referenced in a lore piece on an armor or weapon. I don’t remember which one though.

Wasn't a weapon, it was a conversation. But yes, Glint is bombless.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I still don't have all the lore tabs from Harbinger, so reading that lore book is basically a slow progression of them going from hiding from guardians to arriving at the shore, [missing lore card] and then the really sad card where Crow is just apologising and cradling Glint and saying how they've got each other.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

SkyeAuroline posted:

Continuing my deep dive and really actually enjoying the grimoires in terms of quality. Through Ecdysis and Ghost Stories, partway through Black Armory Papers, got the Bray Lab Records and Bray's journal lying around yet to be done. Any other good resources for Collapse/Dark Age era material? Sorta stitching things together between that and loot lore. Game writing itself may be hit or miss but much like pre-Forerunner Halo the supplementary material fills in the gaps well.

E: oh yeah and the Drifter stuff, read it weeks ago and forgot to mention

You didn't explicitly mention them so have you read Marasenna and the sequel Awoken of the Reef?
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/book-marasenna
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/book-the-awoken-of-the-reef

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

VodeAndreas posted:

You didn't explicitly mention them so have you read Marasenna and the sequel Awoken of the Reef?
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/book-marasenna
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/book-the-awoken-of-the-reef

I haven't yet, no. I'll give them a look. Figured the Awoken were a little outside the scope seeing as Orin, Namqi, and the other nameless Awoken Risen were about the only Awoken that showed up in the Last City and in what Orin saw of the rest of the world (from context clues, North America).

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I suggest them more as general setting lore you really should read rather than specific to your request - it is parallel to the collapse and dark age however for the first.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
gently caress Lakshmi.

So I made a turret build with statis on my warlock, but I discovered that top tree void works really well with the same equipment. Pumping out those hand nukes much quicker than statis felt pretty great.

My gear is not the best, but this is what I am using:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I wanted to like the frosty turret but it is very slow. Good for hard solo content, but feels really bad in any sort of coop play, as by the time you get it out, it lands, births, finds a target, and then fires its first volley of slowass projectiles, everything in the room and the next room is already dead!

That being said enemies really struggle with having 2 out at once. Even bosses can be put in an endless loop of flinching -> getting frozen for 0.2 seconds -> breaking out of freeze -> repeat, and then never find time to fire at you.

I ran Eye of Another World with 100 grenade stat and the cooldown was down to about 25 seconds base. It's strong, but I was doing the charge-grenade animation a lot and man that feels bad.

I paired it with NTTE and I want to like that gun too but I think the mag is just too small for me, even with the return to mag thing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

yeah ice stasis is also good for gm nightfalls where they can lock down whole rooms while you plink through, or lock down champions and bosses and the like

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Rinzla posted:

Have they actually fixed it now?

It is, but what was broken about it didn't matter in pvp.

Merciless does the most damage in a single burst of all energy fusions. It can kill basically anything.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hmm, just listened to the song that Lakashmi sings again. It's Savathun's theme, and she says that "the people" are singing it.

I love this kind of poo poo :allears:.

Edit: PSA - Sunshot apparently works with Energy Accelerant. Gonna test it now.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 2, 2021

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

Hmm, just listened to the song that Lakashmi sings again. It's Savathun's theme, and she says that "the people" are singing it.

I love this kind of poo poo :allears:.

That’s Savathun’s theme? I recognized the tune but thought it was just “Destiny 2 Theme Song”

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mattavist posted:

That’s Savathun’s theme? I recognized the tune but thought it was just “Destiny 2 Theme Song”

Indeed it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dt0fUhRlBM

Also, Sunshot does work with Energy Accelerant and it is glorious.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mesadoram posted:

it sure the gently caress does. i've been blowing everything up. EVERYTHING. it's like year 1 good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Did they fix Crown-Splitter working with Energy Accelerant with this patch?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

No so shhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Energy Accelerant does work with Temptation Hook, but I cannot tell if it is actually worth using over the Falling Guillotine.

It kinda seems like it is not worth it.