Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hmm, maybe $25AUD is a bit spendy for a sandbox i have already finished then. thanks yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Ubisoft have a steep sale pretty once or twice every month.

They are also really into rape culture.

Ubisoft games suck poo poo anyway

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I enjoy the typical open world Ubisoft experience for about the first quarter of the game. Then somehow I always get mentally tired of it and shelve it. But I do have fun with them right before I quit playing them.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Whiskey Dick posted:

Thank you! We enjoyed the local co-op quite a bit. Any technical changes with the Series version? Better load times?
Honestly? Not a whole lot - it already loaded quite fast. We've been handling basically every SKU of the game for months now already, and to make it a Smart Delivery game we've had to bring the Xbox One version in line with the new one anyway (we've fixed so many bugs...) We had to re-do the lighting and other visual effects for technical reasons but the goal was to match what was already there rather than make it better. It is higher resolution and generally performs a lot more consistently than it used to, though!

John F Bennett posted:

I enjoy the typical open world Ubisoft experience for about the first quarter of the game. Then somehow I always get mentally tired of it and shelve it. But I do have fun with them right before I quit playing them.
TBF a quarter of a Ubisoft open world game is quite a long time so that's still a fairly good value proposition IMO

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

The first quarter is the part made for youtubers to show off in a series of sponsored videos before they shelve the game forever.

You probably missed on on an epic qte final boss fight.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah the first hour or two exploring the mechanics of ubisoft games are fun, and then you see the unlockable skills or whatever and realize it's not gonna change and then you ignore the icon until you need space and uninstall it.

That why i like the crew 1 and steep. Great podcast games about being chill and just keeping on the move.

The crew 2 is the anti thesis of this, it's about doing events at different places, i believe like horizon, never being in a persistent location. The crew 1 was magic, you drive literally across the country doing random events that pop up on the drive, though they never stop your momentum and give you xp, and then someone is flashing lights at you and now there are two of you busting around chasing each other down a mountain.

The crew 1 is so good, I could go on, like the gps waypoint system that changes depending on your car type so if you get performance, the arrow is a strict line on the road, but if you pick anything towards offroad, the arrow will just casually point in the direction and tell you to get there.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 28, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Far Cry New Dawn was the first far cry I didn't finish. Didn't like 5 either but plowed through it. And I'm a sucker for lovely ubi games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd be way more up for playing the FPS boost ones now tbh, I tried 4 on PS4 a few years back and it just felt like poo poo to play.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Speaking of Ubisoft, I just watched the gameplay reveal of Far Cry 6. Looks pretty good to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvdjtwJNrOo

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Here's a code for a 2 week trial of GPU. Seems to be for new customers only, so I couldn't use it.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Look like two point campus got leaked by the ms store, expect that to be announced soon

https://twitter.com/_h0x0d_/status/1399161719818121221?s=20

https://www.ign.com/articles/two-point-campus-hospital-leak-microsoft-store

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Tell Me Why was a really good game and it may be free right now.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1399516928561926145?s=21

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Whats the Deal with Biomutant. is it bad? its bad, isnt it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laserface posted:

Whats the Deal with Biomutant. is it bad? its bad, isnt it?

Every review is that its really mediocre and repetitive, so honestly it sounds like the worst kind of bad.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It's gonna be an awesome gamepass title someday!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Nuts and Gum posted:

This!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

its really mediocre and repetitive, so honestly it sounds like the worst kind of bad.

Nuts and Gum posted:

:thunk:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thq nordic sucks at being thq and thq was awful at it!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Super Animal Royale should now be out for free.

https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/01/super-animal-royale-xbox-game-preview-launch-trailer

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
Catching up with the Resident Evil series before I get to RE 8 and I cannot remember the last time I've played anything that has aged as poorly as Code Veronica.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

man The Medium stinks. Bad acting, boring gameplay and the ultimate sin, a slow walk speed.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Bf6 on gamepass rumours heating up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They gotta do something the brand is in the toilet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Real hurthling! posted:

Actually it's your posts that are in the toilet

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries is on game pass. It’s slow and kind of boring, but I can’t stop playing it. Might be worth a look, idk.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

they really do. BF5 is kind of fun to revisit but mostly thats because of how different it is to COD2019.

the crafting aspect of it completely sucks and should not come to BF6.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Actually it's your posts that are in the toilet

Dice has had a bad record with fans this past gen from loving up bf4 launch, to bf hardline, to the sw gambling debacle, to bfv which everyone hates.

Bf1 was well liked but fans of bf are not happy with the series

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Dice has had a bad record with fans this past gen from loving up bf4 launch, to bf hardline, to the sw gambling debacle, to bfv which everyone hates.

Bf1 was well liked but fans of bf are not happy with the series

In defense of dice, of which there usually is none, Hardline was some other dev. That’s why the gunplay was somewhat better than 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a bad company 2 remaster would be the only way to get me to play battlefield again

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

a bad company 2 remaster would be the only way to get me to play battlefield again

I’ll play it just because of the barren desert the shooter genre is now. Warzone can only go so far.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

If you have GPU you get the Founder's Pack for free. It's just a bunch of cosmetics but when I played everyone was a fox so it's good to stand out,

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

man The Medium stinks. Bad acting, boring gameplay and the ultimate sin, a slow walk speed.

Did you finish it? I watched an LP of it and way taken aback by how bad it was failing at being a Silent Hill game. Part of Silent Hill is the janky combat. if you don't have that you don't have a Silent Hill game.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Did you finish it? I watched an LP of it and way taken aback by how bad it was failing at being a Silent Hill game. Part of Silent Hill is the janky combat. if you don't have that you don't have a Silent Hill game.

or a guy throwing up in a toilet, actively

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
So is there any reason I apparently can't get GamePass for PC with my Bing rewards points? I claimed it last month, but the only thing showing up now is GamePass Ultimate, which doesn't really help me all that much since I don't have an Xbox.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

webmeister posted:

So is there any reason I apparently can't get GamePass for PC with my Bing rewards points? I claimed it last month, but the only thing showing up now is GamePass Ultimate, which doesn't really help me all that much since I don't have an Xbox.

They rotate rewards in and out I think, either that or they're based on stock/inventory.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ausgoons, series X has been in stock for like 30 mins on ms store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/xbox-series-x/8wj714n3rbtl

:australia:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

oops. Missed it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

What? They had one bad game. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 were both amazing.

Call of Duty had like 4 straight games that were garbage and they are doing fine since MW2019.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Battlefield 6 launching day one on gamepass would get me to play it, but like I can already tell you Im not gonna stick with it.

Which is fine because wherever in the press conference they announce Psychonauts 2 is now available to play Ill stop watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They might as well try the free to play gamepass model, I'm sure there will be a shitload of microtransactions for the real profits.