Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Codependent Poster posted:

I'll never not laugh at Christian blue dot jokes.

whats the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

graph posted:

whats the joke

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

graph posted:

whats the joke

There's an infamous backstage story of Vince saying he hated Chrisitan's face and once suggested putting a blue dot over his face whenever he was onscreen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dimebags Brain posted:

There's an infamous backstage story of Vince saying he hated Chrisitan's face and once suggested putting a blue dot over his face whenever he was onscreen.

What makes this a peak Vince story is he got the idea from when the news tried to obscure the identity a woman accusing a Kennedy cousin of raping her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because there was an angle where DDP was Christian's life coach

I remember it. It was right before DDP retired and also the first time they kinda let him be himself (I mean, not that the life coach stuff ISN'T him) with actually letting him hit the Diamond Cutter and do the BANG stuff, and amazingly, he started to get over!

On a different note, I'm not sure anyone's pointed out that they made sure to have OC get visual pins on BOTH other guys in the world title match (Don pulling the ref out to make it clear he was getting the 3 on PAC and there's the usual thing of having the heel pinned for more than 3 seconds but the new ref needs to sprint down and doesn't get to 3 before the heel comes round with Omega.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 2, 2021

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Dark Thoughts:

Why do the Wingmen come out to Doom music?

Bononi is still pretty green, but with his size and look as he gets better they should send him to New Japan Strong and/or AAA to do matches and I bet he'll be really good some day.

Boy, Jungle Boy is a blaaand promo. "I am ready to be the next AEW champion." Uhh, maybe not, at least on the mic. Should he just never talk?

Kris's personality comes out more with the Best Friends to play off of, or maybe she's also more comfortable now, too.

lol at showing TH2's video and playing Chaos Project's music

"Stir it Up" for Red Velvet seems just a tiny bit more cringe every time I hear it. She's great, though.

Jungle Boy is so over and so good in the ring. I feel like making him less of a bland, white meat babyface might ruin him, too. He's got this doofy charm. Are either Marko or Luchasaurus good promos? Can they just talk for him?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stir it up

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
in a land of loudmouths, there's nothing wrong with being a quiet boy. i know everyone hates on his promos, but i think they're perfect and i hope they never change.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

El Generico posted:

Jungle Boy is so over and so good in the ring. I feel like making him less of a bland, white meat babyface might ruin him, too. He's got this doofy charm. Are either Marko or Luchasaurus good promos? Can they just talk for him?

Luchasaurus is lame but Marko did a surprisingly solid promo during the FTR feud. Once he's outgrown his unpleasant Actual Child gimmick I support him being JB's manager

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I think Jungle Boy's laconic California beach bum vibe is great and he should lean harder into it

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

El Generico posted:

Boy, Jungle Boy is a blaaand promo. "I am ready to be the next AEW champion." Uhh, maybe not, at least on the mic. Should he just never talk?

The crazy thing with Jungle Boy is that his non-verbal work is actually top level. His character stuff is real good too if you ever watch him during Jurasic Express matches when the camera isn't focusing on him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The problem with JB's Dark promo was at some point you hear a door open, so you stop listening to him, expecting someone to interrupt him, and then no one does.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Jonny Nox posted:

The crazy thing with Jungle Boy is that his non-verbal work is actually top level. His character stuff is real good too if you ever watch him during Jurasic Express matches when the camera isn't focusing on him.

Agreed. I don't know, maybe the soft spoken promos will work, if it works it works.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Generico posted:

Dark Thoughts:

Why do the Wingmen come out to Doom music?

thats cezar bononi's music, everyone in the wingmen has a different theme

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1399896988993327105

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

White/Mox would slap and it can be double title too so make it happen Tony/Kidani

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jungle Boy being a traditional humble babyface is fine and makes him stand out. There's more than one way to cut a promo that fans connect to, and he comes off as very genuine doing what he's doing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Literally the amp plugging in and the guitar screech by themselves are very good, unique opening auditory cues which are hallmarks of many a good wrestling theme, see also glass breaking or IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL. If Mox was gonna make an unexpected run-in for example to pop a crowd, that guitar screech alone works ten thousand times better in that instance than any part of Wild Thing.

I respect you sticking to your opinions, it is admirable, but you are off your drat rocker if you think a guitar screech is better for a run-in than X screaming that first Wild Thing, the crowd recognizing it, then yelling the rest of the song at the top of their lungs as Moxley beats rear end. it’s magnetic

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jungle Boy doesn't need to become some sort of CM Punk level firebrand on the mic, but he would do well to put a bit more conviction into his promos, lean into the Steamboat earnest babyface vibe instead of being so laid back.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think both songs are good and it's fun to do different stuff for awhile

signed,
the entrance music centrist

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

I Before E posted:

Jungle Boy doesn't need to become some sort of CM Punk level firebrand on the mic, but he would do well to put a bit more conviction into his promos, lean into the Steamboat earnest babyface vibe instead of being so laid back.

just finished elevation and i'd say the crowd does not care

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, Jungle Boy is over as gently caress which is the only metric that really matters

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Somebody post that Minoru Suzuki thing again.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

graph posted:

just finished elevation and i'd say the crowd does not care

I'm not saying it's something they need to fix immediately, just a way he can improve over time while continuing to pop crowds in the ring. He's 23, he's got decades of learning and growing ahead of him.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I like Wild Thing and am happy for it to stay. I can see why people like his old music, but at the very least Wild Thing was a much better choice for that particular entrance at DoN. It's a bit more buoyant which reflected the mood in the building. Also I think the wrestler makes the music more than the other way around. Kaze Ni Nare on it's own doesn't exactly scream "terrifying badass approaching" but if you hear it at a wrestling show you know someone is about to die.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Having a flaw that can be worked on and improved when you're already over is a benefit to an underdog babyface working on his ascent. Improvement is a big part of AEW's charm over WWE.

If the plan is to have him nearly beat Kenny, get mobbed by the elite and then saved by Christian and/or Kaz, you could do a lot worse for guys to group him with to build his promos skills off. I don't think that'll happen, but then, pivoting him from there toward beating Miro will see a nuclear grade pop in the fall/winter.

And years later when he cuts a brutal promo on MJF people will go absolutely nuts in a completely different way.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

El Generico posted:

Kris's personality comes out more with the Best Friends to play off of, or maybe she's also more comfortable now, too.

lol at showing TH2's video and playing Chaos Project's music

I feel deceived by her red blood.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So when can I buy tickets to All Out in Chicago?

I'm vaccinated, lets loving do this. Would be quite fitting since the last show I went to was Revolution in Chicago.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if Karl Anderson is going to do a run in he should have to be doing the sour face from BTE the whole time

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Spiderdrake posted:

Having a flaw that can be worked on and improved when you're already over is a benefit to an underdog babyface working on his ascent. Improvement is a big part of AEW's charm over WWE.

If it was WWE they'd have him cutting godawful promos every week until fans would actively call for him to fired, cause they have an unnatural talent for making good wrestlers look absolutely worthless. Doesn't matter if you're a square peg, you're going in that round hole goddammit and if it doesn't work it's your own fault.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean it when I say I love that it's 2021 and there's a feud between Christian and Matt Hardy aka the less colourful halves of their respective WWF tag teams :v:

Makes me fantasize about how D-Von Dudley could have been the joker. Imagine the spot we could have gotten. Him, Matt, Christian and Jungle Boy as the last four in the ring and everyone including the audience realizing what's going on, to varying degrees and flavours of "oh gently caress" :allears:

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 2, 2021

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

the elite on their current gear situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbhcRKsRwFM&t=73s

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Can we all agree that Rami Sebei should get this theme when he joins AEW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHxvboejSc

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I don't think JBs problem is his tone, I just don't believe he cares at all, which is very bad.

I love him (his match with MJF was probably the one that made me keep watching), but I was very deflated by his promo.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

If it was WWE they'd have him cutting godawful promos every week until fans would actively call for him to fired, cause they have an unnatural talent for making good wrestlers look absolutely worthless.

he would have a live mic in the ring talking at somebody, and even if it was okay it would still get run into the ground.

Anders posted:

Can we all agree that Rami Sebei should get this theme when he joins AEW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHxvboejSc

he's more than welcome to that, so long as Big Biceps Tony splashes the cash for this for the generic luchador:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YowSB2cJH1c

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

shiksa posted:

the elite on their current gear situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbhcRKsRwFM&t=73s

Cameron Diaz.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I watched Double or Nothing, I have seen a little of AEW from episodes of Dark (though I mostly watch Colt Cabana matches), so most of these people were new to me, or I only know by mention.

I was very impressed by the event, I can't remember the last time WWE put out something even close to being this good. Orange Cassidy is definitely one of my new favourites.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Oasx posted:

I watched Double or Nothing, I have seen a little of AEW from episodes of Dark (though I mostly watch Colt Cabana matches), so most of these people were new to me, or I only know by mention.

I was very impressed by the event, I can't remember the last time WWE put out something even close to being this good. Orange Cassidy is definitely one of my new favourites.

OC loving rules

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Oasx posted:

Out of interest, what made you decide to give DoN a try? I presume it wasn't that match Colt had with the Man Scout a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oasx posted:

Glad you enjoyed it. What was your favourite match?