Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They're probably just reposting the same rumor everyone else is posting about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MorningMoon posted:

Centro LEAKS are pretty unreliable in my experience. It's best to follow them when a new pokemon game is about to come out and they snag the screenshots from someone's discord.
There's no way it's getting a store page anytime soon. With the global supply the way it is currently they're not gonna start preorders 4 months in advance.

It's just another one of those "this sounds really official while also being extremely vague" rumors that these fake sources like to put out there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

American McGay posted:

There's no way it's getting a store page anytime soon. With the global supply the way it is currently they're not gonna start preorders 4 months in advance.

It's just another one of those "this sounds really official while also being extremely vague" rumors that these fake sources like to put out there.

PS5 and XseX preorders were less than 3 months from launch.

I do agree that CentroLEAKS is probably just regurgitating whatever rumors are floating around.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Looking forward to the new Game Builder Garage themed joycons coming out next week.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New Switch direct with 12 hour notice

"New Switch is available RIGHT NOW"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bulgakov posted:

for all the marketing about plopping down the switch at a rooftop party and playing games with other people the kickstand is a complete turd

If it's good enough for a pick-up e-sports game, it's good enough for you. :colbert:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

The Emperor’s Switch Pros.
Can't believe you missed the opportunity for The Emperor's New Switch. SMDH.

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I want to be able to strap the New Super Switch Pro to my head like a VR headset.

It won't be VR though just really close to my eyeballs.
Isn't that what Labo was for? Nintendo's "no, we're not doing VR, but if you make a cardboard headset for your Switch and pretend real hard, it's just like VR, right?"

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Len posted:

They're probably just reposting the same rumor everyone else is posting about

So they're the Jon Prosser of the Nintendo rumor mill?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The Bloop posted:

New Switch direct with 12 hour notice

"New Switch is available RIGHT NOW"

Ah, the Saturn Doctrine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Echophonic posted:

Ah, the Saturn Doctrine.

The saturn went one further by only being at kb toys, turning much bigger retailers against sega

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Real hurthling! posted:

The saturn went one further by only being at kb toys, turning much bigger retailers against sega

If it's anything like the Skyward Sword joycons and amiibo, it'll be eBay exclusive, so same difference.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Nothing is going to surface for weeks; then the Direct will play during E3… Forty-five minutes of Mario Golf Super Rush and the announcement of Metal Mario in Smash.

This is what I’ll be telling myself every day.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I would totally dig a switch pro, but I'm going to wait until life is more stable and some of the scalpers go away.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am going to laugh super hard when the switch pro will have no real performance upgrade and that it really is just a normal switch but with 4K and we’re all gonna be stuck in slowdown chug blurry screen hell for another 4 years

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

I am going to laugh super hard when the switch pro will have no real performance upgrade and that it really is just a normal switch but with 4K and we’re all gonna be stuck in slowdown chug blurry screen hell for another 4 years

I’m not.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Things are funny when they are bad... or good?!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Switch pro will have disney+ finally on it. Book it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Considering that there's been absolutely zero leaks about actual performance, and the only two things that are confirmed are a 7", 720p OLED screen, and a 4k compatible hdmi connection, I don't see how it WON'T be this.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only performance rumors I see are crazy things like DLSS support

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

but it's got a new hat!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

The only performance rumors I see are crazy things like DLSS support

If they use anything, it'll be the sharpening filter the Shield TV uses.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I will never take performance rumors seriously after leakers said the Wii U was a powerhouse

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

I will never take performance rumors seriously after leakers said the Wii U was a powerhouse

were they comparing it to the wii

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mister Facetious posted:

were they comparing it to U

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hey woah, Hatty hasn't done anything to me to deserve that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just remember twitterfolk saying it would be the Dreamcast of the generation and it was anything but

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't think u actually will

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

hatty posted:

I just remember twitterfolk saying it would be the Dreamcast of the generation and it was anything but
I mean EA did pretend it didn't exist

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hate when games I pre-loaded don't unlock at midnight sharp. :colbert:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ooo. What did you get? It's always fun anticipating a game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

You just have the wrong midnight! :eng101:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

They said the same thing about the Xbox 360 back in the day because it was all white, used a PowerVR CPU, was released a year ahead, and was the expected underdog against the Playstation's next console.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't wait to see next gen amiibo functionality!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

External Organs posted:

Can't wait to see next gen amiibo functionality!

*Taps Link on my Super Switch Pro DS+*

*Link appears on screen and tells me, in great detail and with stunning accuracy, exactly how I've disappointed my parents by still playing videogames*

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Aerofallosov posted:

Ooo. What did you get? It's always fun anticipating a game.

The Emiya Family cooking game lol.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Am I going to have to purchase the ring con pro?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Aw yeah I switched my Nintendo account to Mexico(tm) so I could buy SMT III HD for $30. Normally I'd roll my eyes at this kind of stuff and might throw in some classist garbage hot take like "don't be cheap." But gently caress Atlus for pricing it at $50, frankly $30 is still a little rich given how barebones the port seems to be.

On the other hand I'm going into this one blind and SMT IV is one of my top games of all time. I think I'm in for a really good time regardless. Rent is due today though, I had to justify this somehow and the ol' country switch up was smooth as butter

E: actually I think nintendo would be fine w this because I have like, seven uncles in Mexico

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 2, 2021

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

a.lo posted:

Am I going to have to purchase the ring con pro?

The Switch Pro actually unfolds into the RingCon Xtreme.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Emiya Family cooking game lol.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, because there are two Yuru Camp VR games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think op may be referring to this game.