Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

smikey posted:

Asuka/KANA has a gravure DVD
I'm okay with Asuka and ASUKA/Veny doing a gravure together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

flatluigi posted:

idk if it was entirely bad faith -- pride month these days always kicks off with a bunch of corporations deciding they're gay for a month for money and i could see someone sighing heavily at the cody rhodes tattoo pride shirt and thinking it was worth saying something about. but that's not really something that's fixed by making it a generic aew pride shirt, and brandi's response implies some behind the scenes stuff about people (rightfully) not wanting to be singled out/pushed to the forefront this month
You're not wrong. If Cody's pushing all of the profits to his shirt to legitimate LGBTQ+ charities that's a huge step up from companies selling rainbow colored merch for Pride Month and donating some of the profits.

Good time to mention The Trevor Project who run hotlines to help LGBTQ+ teenagers and young adults out when they have nobody else to turn to.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cody also has a trans step-nephew so he can do what the gently caress he wants to support queer people imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always forget about that.

Every time I see Dustin making positive LGBT+ comments I wonder if he’s ever done a deep dive with anybody about the Goldust character and how he feels about it, particularly one from this current period where he’s cleaned up and apparently just an all around great guy. Not looking to pick faults with him but just interested to get his take on it, since he was living it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I always forget about that.

Every time I see Dustin making positive LGBT+ comments I wonder if he’s ever done a deep dive with anybody about the Goldust character and how he feels about it, particularly one from this current period where he’s cleaned up and apparently just an all around great guy. Not looking to pick faults with him but just interested to get his take on it, since he was living it.

I suspect if you're wanting honest and thoughtful introspection from a wrestler, you're going to be disappointed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

I suspect if you're wanting honest and thoughtful introspection from a wrestler, you're going to be disappointed.

I think you’re not giving people enough credit and I’d point to someone like William Regal straight away as a guy who has no qualms about laying it all out, his book was extremely frank about what a total piece of poo poo he was and the things he learned from it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dustin is far enough along on his journey and has changed his mind about enough stuff that I think he would be capable of analysing his own past. In any case I think it would be to his benefit to try.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1399951216734457859

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:smith:

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1400130275087196162

Feel bad for Liv. It seemed like Riott Squad was super fun for them and like they had a good bond with each other. Now Liv will probably be shuffled around and forgotten again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

:smith:

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1400130275087196162

Feel bad for Liv. It seemed like Riott Squad was super fun for them and like they had a good bond with each other. Now Liv will probably be shuffled around and forgotten again.

Didn't WWE briefly give Liv the "insanely hot woman" gimmick with vignettes that they did with Emma, Carmella, and now Eva, before putting her back with Ruby?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How many women have been retooled into the insanely hot woman gimmick? Was Sable the first?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Didn't WWE briefly give Liv the "insanely hot woman" gimmick with vignettes that they did with Emma, Carmella, and now Eva, before putting her back with Ruby?

They did, and the transitional fossil between the two points you're missing is the five minutes she spent as Lana's scorned lesbian lover.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, she had a bunch of vignettes of hanging out in a bathtub then showed up with new gear. I think she was then generally pushed to the back until they reunited the Riott Squad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

How many women have been retooled into the insanely hot woman gimmick? Was Sable the first?

in WWE? I wanna say Sable was the first that got the gauzy softlight and racy jazz treatment because Vince saw it on a Playboy VHS. And kept doing it well into the 2000s.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1400135866996203524?s=20

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

I don't think Sable ever had a gimmick that wasn't that. Bodydonnas Sunny did though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think Sable ever had a gimmick that wasn't that. Bodydonnas Sunny did though.

WHAT THE gently caress IS A BODYDONNA!?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sable was kind of a Miss Elizabeth type at first with HHH then Mero

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS A BODYDONNA!?

Arrogant physical trainers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think they ever did Miss Elizabeth up real fucky. She was always shown as a nice lady instead of a lewdy tune like Luna or Sherry.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Cody also has a trans step-nephew so he can do what the gently caress he wants to support queer people imo

Big Dust got his own shirt too, same charity, if folks looking to support like this design better than Cody's Neck Tattoo Rainbow

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1400129478278451207?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1400122250649509892?s=20

took out her former fiancee/good friend and her intergender tag partner

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Rovert Zone because this guy is bullshitting.

This post aged very well lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

:emptyquote:

- - -

Goons not understanding media embargoes and decisions made by news outlets about timing stories and keeping sources and other media balancing acts is never not kind of annoying.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1400145551581138953?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

NienNunb posted:

Unquote my post right now. It was satire! Don't you dare put me on blast

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sable was kind of a Miss Elizabeth type at first with HHH then Mero

I feel like she was maybe more overtly sexual than Liz but maybe her later gimmicks are colouring my perception of her.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

I feel like she was maybe more overtly sexual than Liz but maybe her later gimmicks are colouring my perception of her.

She definitely wasn't at first. She only wore like fancy gowns and didn't talk much, and acted terrified of heels threatening her ala Elizabeth.

She turned a corner into a super-charged sexualized character not long after that (maybe a year?), split from Mero, and obviously that carried her through all of the stuff everyone is familiar with her for doing. She did start dressing more provocatively (I guess you'd call it) while she was with Mero doing the Wild Man gimmick but wasn't pushed as the main attraction for a bit still.

This was kind of her overall look for the first chunk of her run:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I have recently been watching Raws from the build up to 96 Survivor Series and it seems like Vince thought of Mero and Sable as a kind of low rent Savage and Liz. Probably should have had Jim Ross bring them out with Fake Diesel and Fake Razor.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I have recently been watching Raws from the build up to 96 Survivor Series and it seems like Vince thought of Mero and Sable as a kind of low rent Savage and Liz. Probably should have had Jim Ross bring them out with Fake Diesel and Fake Razor.

I never really made the Savage connection but it makes sense now that you say it, especially with the entrance robe and all of the spinning around and wild eyes he would do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sucks to be let go, but Tommy End is FREEEEEEEEEEEE :woop: :bubblewoop:

Honestly surprised at Braun though, unless he asked for his release. I haven't seen WWE in a long time but I thought they were super high on him.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Ganso Bomb posted:

I never really made the Savage connection but it makes sense now that you say it, especially with the entrance robe and all of the spinning around and wild eyes he would do.

Vince doesn't see individual personalities, he only sees archetypes and "things that worked before".

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

coconono posted:

I don't think they ever did Miss Elizabeth up real fucky. She was always shown as a nice lady instead of a lewdy tune like Luna or Sherry.
Well there's SummerSlam '88, but even then she wasn't considered lewd and storyline-wise it was more Hogan and Savage's idea.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Well there's SummerSlam '88, but even then she wasn't considered lewd and storyline-wise it was more Hogan and Savage's idea.

Even that was promoted as everyone getting to see Liz's "itty bitty polka dot bikini" and she just ripped off her skirt to reveal an outfit less revealing than most women wrestle in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1400171391484403713?s=19

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

When WWE fires people, do the ones with @WWE twitter handles get to keep the account but the name gets switched to something else? Or do they have to make a new separate account and the WWE one is disabled? I was never totally sure how that worked.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

explosivo posted:

When WWE fires people, do the ones with @WWE twitter handles get to keep the account but the name gets switched to something else? Or do they have to make a new separate account and the WWE one is disabled? I was never totally sure how that worked.

WWE is not smart about social media controls. So what they do when they issue you a social media account, is they set the password and you have to tell them what you changed it to. I think maybe htey're using the teams function in Twitter but otherwise the social media guy can tweet as you.

So yeah, once you're free and they don't get to the password reset dealie before you do, you've got yourself a WWE branded account gone rogue. Then you can talk to twitter support to get the name changed to whatever. or keep it. Unless you're a big dumb goon like Luke Gallows.

That one dipshit in NXT. Alex Riker or whatever, the one that bitched about not getting lemon with his water on twitter. That was one of the guys that forgot to change his password before WWE locked it out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

explosivo posted:

If you change the @ you lose verification (the blue tick), so many leave that but change everything else to their current gimmick. I have never heard of WWE coming after people who are still @BadNameWWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol that sounds dumb! Thanks for the insight, not sure why I expected something other than "here's the password if we fire you just be cool"