Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I got my 18 Tankcoins, I guess the thing to get is the kunze panzer? Already have the char futur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How is the E50M these days? I've got a Panther almost completely done and I'm debating going up now that it's Top of the Tree for the month.

I might also be tempted by the Strv 103B but I think my highest Swedish TD is T5 or MAYBE T6 so that'd be a lot of poopsocking.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How is the E50M these days? I've got a Panther almost completely done and I'm debating going up now that it's Top of the Tree for the month.

I might also be tempted by the Strv 103B but I think my highest Swedish TD is T5 or MAYBE T6 so that'd be a lot of poopsocking.

Of course it's top of the tree this month. I mean, I bought the loving tank a week ago. Why wouldn't it be?

The E50M plays the same as the e50. Pussyfoot around the battle taking shots from cover and relocating rather than having a standup fight (unless against lower tiers).

I had more fun playing the Panther and the Panther II. The grind for the E50 modules and ultimately the e50M really soured me. I had something like a 17% win rate on that loving thing until I got the big-boy turret and the top tier gun.

If it's top of the tree, it might be a ton easier, but I didn't enjoy the grind. Maybe I'm just bad. Maybe tier IX kicks my rear end constantly. I'm noticing a theme, but the OBJ 257 despite being more team-dependent was more enjoyable to grind through.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

The grind for the E50 modules and ultimately the e50M really soured me.

That's something WG should be a lot better about, IMO. So many tanks are just complete loving trainwrecks to play until you grind 150 000 XP through sheer misery to unlock the upgraded parts, and then you actually get to have something approaching fun as you grind the 150 000 - 250 000 XP to unlock the next tank.

I gave up on the Charioteer when I realized it was going to be 100% misery for hours until I got the top gun, and that I didn't want the FV4005 that much.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's something WG should be a lot better about, IMO. So many tanks are just complete loving trainwrecks to play until you grind 150 000 XP through sheer misery to unlock the upgraded parts, and then you actually get to have something approaching fun as you grind the 150 000 - 250 000 XP to unlock the next tank.

I gave up on the Charioteer when I realized it was going to be 100% misery for hours until I got the top gun, and that I didn't want the FV4005 that much.

If you want a FV4005 so badly, have you considered a KV-2? lol

Play it the same way with the bonus of pubbie apoplectic fits because HEAVY TANK CAMPING

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Grinding Modules Real Hahahaha Just Have 400,000 Free Exp Like Convert Some With Gold Haha

McGavin fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 1, 2021

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
:chloe:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think learning to play Italian mediums has carried over to learning to play the Progetto 45.

5 kills, 3400 damage, 2600 spotting, not good enough for an Ace Tanker :catte:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5912842

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
Playing on the EU server, you ocassionally get the best salt :salt:

Banished Chat!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
*Throws pocket sand*

Banished Chat!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Maimgara posted:

Banished Chat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

McGavin posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Grinding Modules Real Hahahaha Just Have 400,000 Free Exp Like Convert Some With Gold Haha

In a recent Free XP discount I thought, eh why not convert this poo poo? TURNS OUT the loving 13 90 STILL counts as an elite tank after all these years and I lost all my progress towards the 13 105 from god knows how long ago :cry:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Darkrenown posted:

In a recent Free XP discount I thought, eh why not convert this poo poo? TURNS OUT the loving 13 90 STILL counts as an elite tank after all these years and I lost all my progress towards the 13 105 from god knows how long ago :cry:

Woof.

At least there are stamps and poo poo to reduce the cost.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, I inadvertently spent a good deal of saved T-54 xp that way - you can go into the conversion window and manually uncheck tanks you want to *keep* xp on and not convert.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, but I think what tanks are unchecked is stored on the client rather than the server (or it reset at some point), so going back after a couple of years on a new PC they are all checked and I forgot some lines got extended but the previous top tier tanks still count as elite for the FXP system until I happened to look at the French tech tree later.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I really like the E50M. It's just like the E50 but faster and has 330 heat pen. It's kind of like a tier 10 version of the tier 6 panther (vk30.02m?).

My STRV 103 0 and 103b have very low win rates but are worth getting to do TD missions, if you still need to do them. Very frustrating tanks to play because of the siege mode. Maybe 1 out of 100 games you get to use the camo and DPM to shred a flank.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

2Jets posted:

I really like the E50M. It's just like the E50 but faster and has 330 heat pen. It's kind of like a tier 10 version of the tier 6 panther (vk30.02m?).

My STRV 103 0 and 103b have very low win rates but are worth getting to do TD missions, if you still need to do them. Very frustrating tanks to play because of the siege mode. Maybe 1 out of 100 games you get to use the camo and DPM to shred a flank.

Back when T10 mediums were first introduced we added them to the SGLE reimbursement program because they seemed to be the "Honda Civic" of the original lot. Not much has changed since then - it's a good "beater" medium to run in pub matches.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e; Probably needs the context that this is Kpz HE vs KV-2 HE

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 2, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

An EBR can also be a fun little rampy!

https://i.imgur.com/keO0C9k.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

An EBR can also be a fun little rampy!

https://i.imgur.com/gxmptyx.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:v:

E: post 1.13 arty looks ... well ... oh boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPol11gw0I

AP rounds, as predicted, are 100% useless because they have the same accuracy as HE shells so hitting anything with your 45 second reload time gun is extremely difficult and pure RNG. The splash on the "damaging shell" is also pitifully small on T10 arty.

In Dez's video a Conqueror Gun Carriage lands a 234mm HE shell within a tank's length of a Grille 15 and does 0 damage. It's just so loving stupid, and makes _no_ sense. Even a 155mm HE shell IRL would absolutely SHRED a Grille's crew from 50-100 meters away, but here a far far bigger shell does no damage beyond 6 meters.

(E: lol and slightly later he lands a shell on top of an Object 261 where the explosion covers half the tank, but 0 damage)

And of course none of this solves arty's problem because people will still mostly fire stunning shells (so you'll take a bit less damage than currently, but still eat stuns all the time) and there will still be 3 arty in most games.

A++ rework.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 2, 2021

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:v:

E: post 1.13 arty looks ... well ... oh boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPol11gw0I

AP rounds, as predicted, are 100% useless because they have the same accuracy as HE shells so hitting anything with your 45 second reload time gun is extremely difficult and pure RNG. The splash on the "damaging shell" is also pitifully small on T10 arty.

In Dez's video a Conqueror Gun Carriage lands a 234mm HE shell within a tank's length of a Grille 15 and does 0 damage. It's just so loving stupid, and makes _no_ sense. Even a 155mm HE shell IRL would absolutely SHRED a Grille's crew from 50-100 meters away, but here a far far bigger shell does no damage beyond 6 meters.

(E: lol and slightly later he lands a shell on top of an Object 261 where the explosion covers half the tank, but 0 damage)

And of course none of this solves arty's problem because people will still mostly fire stunning shells (so you'll take a bit less damage than currently, but still eat stuns all the time) and there will still be 3 arty in most games.

A++ rework.

Oh boy, I can't wait to try to get arty missions done after this rework goes live.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just remember that arty still only has one shell type.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Why would arties use anything but stun shells? The assistance damage is a huge part of their xp, even though the majority of players instantly use their medkit (which also makes the higher tier arty 'assist' missions hell)
I guess tanks won't lose crew members to arty spam anymore, so.. progress I guess.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait to try to get arty missions done after this rework goes live.

Oh don't worry WG have said they'll rebalance the missions if needed.

What, why is everyone laughing?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh don't worry WG have said they'll rebalance the missions if needed.

What, why is everyone laughing?

:ccp: except WG

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Imagine playing arty

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Katamari Democracy posted:

Imagine playing arty

I do it at work.

By not opening new emails and going out to lunch.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol at crying about arty being nerfed

McGavin posted:

this but unironically for whatever the discussion was

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I finished the arty missions for the obj260 and Chimera. These changes look good to me :)
I'm liking the HE changes too. Tier 9s in FL is cool, EBRs need more nerfs but were finally taking steps in the right direction.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Had 5 incredibly bad games to start the STRV 103-0 grind. I then found nirvana.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Where did you set up?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gorman Thomas posted:

Had 5 incredibly bad games to start the STRV 103-0 grind. I then found nirvana.

Just want to point out, that a loving Super Hellcat was among top damage dealers on the enemy team in a tier 9 game.

Also, amazing game.

Edit: Typo

Double Edit: Hit us with that replay?

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 4, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
An up tiered, tier 6 tank out performing... anyone else on that team speaks volumes.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Replay is here http://wotreplays.eu/site/5915471#prokhorovka-the_red_menace-strv_103-0. Honestly not a 200IQ game, just a farming simulator. I even misplayed my advance up the 1 line as I figured the SU was on the hill. I still don't like this tank very much, very much against my play style to let enemies make mistakes instead of dictating the flow of the game through aggression.

edit: loadout is bounty vents, bounty rammer, bincos, premium consumables

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 4, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gorman Thomas posted:

Replay is here http://wotreplays.eu/site/5915471#prokhorovka-the_red_menace-strv_103-0. Honestly not a 200IQ game, just a farming simulator. I even misplayed my advance up the 1 line as I figured the SU was on the hill. I still don't like this tank very much, very much against my play style to let enemies make mistakes instead of dictating the flow of the game through aggression.

I feel ya on that last point. I have an aggressive play style and the strv's cause brain to fight with my instinct the whole game.

I suggest the turbo charger, it allows you to move faster in siege mode.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
I do feel like playing the udes 3 is making me a better player though. It's forcing me into a different playstyle and forcing me to think a lot more. Not just bush camping and moving to new positions to support team against enemy pushes with is excellent mobility gives it more than just waiting as well. Don't just wait for the enemies in front of you to make a mistake, go punish them making mistakes elsewhere. You've got mobility!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Good game none the less. My swedish TD experience was really liking the gun and having decent games, but sub 50% wr because I couldn't help the teams out until it was too late. Some of my favorite times in those tanks is when I went assault TD with them and start pushing flanks. Not a suggestion on how to play the tank or anything, just a nice change of pace and something the other team usually doesn't expect.

Streamers like to poo poo on the Super Hellcat but I usually have really decent games in it and like using it when the E-25 is unavailable. Just got to keep moving and poking at people's sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Streamers also poo poo on the Panther II and I've found it to be a pretty solid T8 medium. The alpha is low, but the gun is very accurate and the tank feels v. comfortable to play.