Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
why did virgil leave chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
The hard work got to him.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
he's a wuss

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Smythe posted:

They made him say he liked Avatar

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Virgil got kicked off because he was a true gamer. Just another instance of anti-gamer oppression

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

it was doom patrol with brendan fraser

I just want to watch The Mummy again

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Xaris posted:

[Copecasts] extremely terrifying podcast listening statistics inside

tbf a 6% reduction is very minor. I'm honestly mostly surprised it took off as quickly, and as strongly, as it did

CIA is great at SEO

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

He read my posts and retired in shame

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
all the great artists left after their peak and virgil is about to soar again

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I hope this resolves with BJG going full tankie. We all lost our minds on our road to enlightenment, don't judge her too harshly.

But also lol.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

bjg sounding increasingly desperate as she asks her guests "what is to be done?"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nothus posted:

Virgil will end up as Sam Seder's cohost.

i don't think he's been on minority report for a while. sam was on bad faith arguing with brie about FTV. stuff got heated and there might be some hurt feelings there. it's weird, virgil mentioned he wanted to do a panel show ages ago on chapo and he used to appear in all these different shows, and now he's barely even present in his own show.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Built his career on making fun of pundits and left Chapo to try and be one. Live by the wonk die by the wonk.

it's so sad. such wasted potential. like gohan becoming a scholar instead of fighting. the greatest tragedy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

virgil as gohan is an excellent comparison

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

it's so sad. such wasted potential. like gohan becoming a scholar instead of fighting. the greatest tragedy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
chapo is still very good and trucking along nicely even with amber and virgil gone, but ngl it's a little worse off for him leaving since i think he added to the show in his own way.

he's like the bay leaf in a stew. it'll still be delicious without any, but there is a hint of aromatic subtley that comes with using it

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
and like a bay leaf you have to crack it in two

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

it would be cool if chapo brought on someone new to replace virgil but finding a good fit seems pretty tricky

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'd prefer if amber came back, was listening to old clips and her absence now is noticeable

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Amber needs to be on the show because the meltdowns about her correct observations let us know who needs to be bullied out of the fandom.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the obvious answer is Adam

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Trade Amber to Cumtown for a while and let Chapo have Adam.

A for A.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pizza Segregationist posted:

it would be cool if chapo brought on someone new to replace virgil but finding a good fit seems pretty tricky

Ben Mora

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

And bring Glenn Greenwald on to replace Amber. bing bong so simple

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

GoLambo posted:

Trade Amber to Cumtown for a while and let Chapo have Adam.

A for A.

this would be sick

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pizza Segregationist posted:

Libby Watson

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Adam is perfect for cumtown, don't change a winning team. Libby Watson or David Roth would be great chapos.

there is always the FYM guys, literally anyone could be a chapo except for Chet and Aaron because they live so far away

Goa Tse-tung has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Jun 2, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i say swears online posted:

same, but this is not the trajectory a podcast under a year old should be on

:aochloe:

OOOF

Didn't see that. I do listen to the show but it's not great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

+1

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

actually yeah this is a straight good idea

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Adam is perfect for cumtown, don't change a winning team. Libby Watson or David Roth would be great chapos.

there is always the FYM guys, literally anyone could be a chapo except for Chet and Aaron because they live so far away

Disagree about Watson/Roth; they only really work well as guests.

Alex from FYM, though - that would work very well. He's funny in a way that is pretty distinct from the other Chapo people.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Roth would be a great addition imo, every episode he has been on has been super good.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I hope this resolves with BJG going full tankie. We all lost our minds on our road to enlightenment, don't judge her too harshly.

But also lol.

Oneiros posted:

bjg sounding increasingly desperate as she asks her guests "what is to be done?"

:sickos:

I kinda feel bad for her, but this is indeed excellent content.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

same, but this is not the trajectory a podcast under a year old should be on

:aochloe:

Misleading Y axis

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Roth would be a great addition imo, every episode he has been on has been super good.

Roth has his own podcast and it's not great.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Virgil (and Amber) work with any combination of the dry boys and they have distinct wheelhouses. they can even run the show for specific topics.

the 5 of them were so great because depending on which Chapo config you got, each episode could have a vastly different vibe. I can't really think of anyone like that except for maybe Brace or one of the Bruenigs

crepeface has issued a correction as of 15:37 on Jun 2, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mcmagic posted:

Roth has his own podcast and it's not great.

Yeah I think he'd be good as a 3rd-4th mic. Also lol that they were on the west coast but didn't have an amber episode. I guess she is busy writing her book.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ash Sarkar go to Chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

crepeface posted:

Virgil (and Amber) work with any combination of the dry boys and they have distinct wheelhouses. they can even run the show for specific topics.

the 5 of them were so great because depending on which Chapo config you got, each episode could have a vastly different vibe. I can't really think of anyone like that except for maybe Brace or one of the Bruenigs

Liz Bruenig would be awesome on Chapo. She's on a lovely podcast with insufferable douchebags now.