Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wonder if this means Zelina isn’t coming back after all.

I could totally see WWE being petty enough to hire her back, and then fire her husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Keith Lee didn't pick up his phone this morning

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
all that excessive bootlicking sure paid off

*choo-choo train sound effects*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

imagine being a legitimately great wrestler like Murphy, Aleister or Ruby and you get shitcanned because "cost cutting" after Eva loving Marie gets re-signed.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Will there be more or is that it ?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Nooooo not the choo choo noise

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Dudebro posted:

insanely funny that aleister black disappeared off tv for a year, did another three months of vignettes, finally showed up on tv, and then immediately got fired

I believe I called this one too

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I only care about Lana in AEW of she brings the accent back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
lmao that's a hell of a list

- Tommy End rocks obviously, he's gonna land just fine
- Lana will be joining Miro the second her non-compete expires
- Murphy's really good as well if AEW has the space, if not he'd work well with the Strong crew
- Ruby Riot would be a good addition to AEW's women's division but she's not an essential pickup at this point
- Braun's body is hosed, not that surprised WWE decided to call it a day
- Santana Garrett ehhhhhh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pfew Reginald made the cut

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Braun could walk into a New Japan gig in a flash if he wants it. But considering the nick he's in he should probably just retire.

Ruby Riott is an odd one because you'd assume she'd be a strong addition to an AEW Women's division that needs names.

Aleister Black is a dude who could walk into any company in the world and be a star in a minimal amount of time and that was true before he went to WWE.

You'd figure if Buddy Murphy can get the visa to stay in America he could do a job for a lot of companies, either an indie vet or in an Impact level promotion.

Well, that was a surprising group to get let go

sportsgenius86 posted:

imagine being a legitimately great wrestler like Murphy, Aleister or Ruby and you get shitcanned because "cost cutting" after Eva loving Marie gets re-signed.

That's a red herring, Eva Marie is a terrible wrestler and even a pretty bad "presence" but WWE doing a serious roster cut is well overdue. Even with the names gone in the past 18 months it's still ridiculously bloated. Sucks for people losing a guaranteed income obviously but there's plenty opportunities out there and it is healthy for the indie scene in particular that has been steadily bled dry since NXT launched

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 2, 2021

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Also, Santana Garrett is like the most WWE women's wrestler humanly possible so it's always been shocking to me that they really did nothing with her.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Montage of Braun yelling at Shane “I’m not finished with you”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

John Dudebro posted:

insanely funny that aleister black disappeared off tv for a year, did another three months of vignettes, finally showed up on tv, and then immediately got fired

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Oh my God, I just remembered Braun poo poo talking all the indie wrestlers who didn't have a fall back plan during the pandemic. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TBH, I don't know if Lana to AEW makes sense if the only idea is to pair her with Miro. Miro's current character doesn't really lend itself to having any friends/allies because he's a crazed monster. I don't think having his actual wife be his manager would benefit the character at all.

Not to say she couldn't show up and do something else, but I don't think Lana + Miro is a slam dunk.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful has learned the following WWE wrestlers have been released.

- Braun Strowman

the little engine that couldn't

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I cannot wait to see Tommy End in literally any company he wants to go to. really hope ruby lands on her feet too, it feels like her entire wwe career was a bit of a waste of time and I always liked her.

cannot loving *believe* they fired braun tho lol thats just.... of all the loving guys in the world I thought "huge guy who doesn't mind being humiliated constantly" had a spot in wwe forever (until his body broke down)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Miro + Lana v Kip and Penelope down the line is money!!!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/dave_schilling/status/1400114755876974592?s=21

hmmm

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Braun release is really the only surprising one but it's honestly the most surprising release I can remember from them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Lana is a perfectly good manager who could talk, I may think she ends up in AEW to manage a few unaffiliated wrestlers that need a mouthpiece. Miro though doesn't need a manager at this point.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

for sale: aleister black, never pushed

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, Santana Garrett is like the most WWE women's wrestler humanly possible so it's always been shocking to me that they really did nothing with her.

I mean in the case of Santana, I would not be shocked if her release came about because of her insanely stupid Instagram post earlier this week glorifying Donald Trump and the confederacy. And when she was called out for it, she deleted the post and went with the "well I have black friends so I can't be racist" defense.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eh I mean... Braun is really the only one here that feels like a big deal. They clearly didn't even have any value in the other people since they never got properly utilized and I've literally never heard of Santana Garrett.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Genuinely shocked they fired Braun. He’s one of their openly completely homegrown talents and a total “company guy”

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'd never seen Tommy End before his WWE signing, I think they debuted him in an exhibition match during a NXT UK title tournament. I took one look at him and how he moved in the ring and was instantly sold. How do you waste that dude's talent for that long?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

skaboomizzy posted:

How do you waste that dude's talent for that long?

the company is entirely run by a man with cheese for a brain

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean in the case of Santana, I would not be shocked if her release came about because of her insanely stupid Instagram post earlier this week glorifying Donald Trump and the confederacy. And when she was called out for it, she deleted the post and went with the "well I have black friends so I can't be racist" defense.

You are aware of the company that fired her right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
AAAAAAAAAHHHH

OH MY GOD

TOMMY

THANK YOU, SATAN

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't really know much of anything about Lana but I'd think just being able to be back on twitch alone could easily net her more money than Vince was paying

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Feels like the only reason she was ever talked about was her association with dumbasses and pedophiles

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
as someone mentioned a day or two ago they have to be prepping to sell

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's definitely looking that way though it could just be Khan deciding there's less value in paying guys to sit in catering. If they are looking to sell them I'd imagine there would be more cuts before too long. Hell, if I'm them and setting up to sell the company then NXT UK gets the axe for sure, that does not add value to the company.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Braun held onto his $150 and Kia Soul :ohdear:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

explosivo posted:

Eh I mean... Braun is really the only one here that feels like a big deal. They clearly didn't even have any value in the other people since they never got properly utilized and I've literally never heard of Santana Garrett.

Lana was on a 5 year deal worth at least 2 million dollars, which is the kind of thing you clear off the books if it’s not bringing in more than that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nick Khan has assumed direct control. "Hunter" no longer has pull.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JT Smiley posted:

You are aware of the company that fired her right?

I mean before that post went up, she really wasn't rocking the boat all that much, if at all, so WWE likely didn't give a gently caress. But then she made that post, got a ton of negative attention, which could potentially drive off any buyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib