Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

explosivo posted:

Eh I mean... Braun is really the only one here that feels like a big deal. They clearly didn't even have any value in the other people since they never got properly utilized and I've literally never heard of Santana Garrett.

Yeah, but it shows a 180 from the previous tactic of ensuring guys cannot make money for anyone else, and several of the names do have value from that perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nick.

Hey.

Nick Khan

You see that Japanese guy that does nothing but surf?

What the gently caress is his problem. You should teach him a lesson.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Eh I mean... Braun is really the only one here that feels like a big deal. They clearly didn't even have any value in the other people since they never got properly utilized and I've literally never heard of Santana Garrett.

Braun maybe feels like the biggest deal, but Aleister is confusing and feels like one hand not knowing what the other is doing with the way they just built him up again so it rings similar kinds of bells.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I feel genuinely bad for Braun if the ending to his story is, “WWE destroyed his body with lovely training and dumb spots, cut him after he started a big contract with him and now he has to navigate the American health care system for the rest of his life”

Like clearly a dumbass who has made dumbass comments but cutting someone because they are too broken down after you broke them down is real poo poo head behaviour. I know it’s not new, but it’s terrible every time it happens. And I know he’s the kinda guy to poo poo on a union, but he’s one of the guys who really badly needs a union.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

HidaO-Win posted:

I feel genuinely bad for Braun if the ending to his story is, “WWE destroyed his body with lovely training and dumb spots, cut him after he started a big contract with him and now he has to navigate the American health care system for the rest of his life”

Like clearly a dumbass who has made dumbass comments but cutting someone because they are too broken down after you broke them down is real poo poo head behaviour. I know it’s not new, but it’s terrible every time it happens. And I know he’s the kinda guy to poo poo on a union, but he’s one of the guys who really badly needs a union.

Braun is gonna be doing a speedrun to get a SAG-AFTRA card.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard Nick Khan is marching to NXT with a sword of vengeance, and "the nose" won't be able to protect any of his boys.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean in the case of Santana, I would not be shocked if her release came about because of her insanely stupid Instagram post earlier this week glorifying Donald Trump and the confederacy. And when she was called out for it, she deleted the post and went with the "well I have black friends so I can't be racist" defense.

lol

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

HidaO-Win posted:

Sounds like he learned an important lesson that hopefully he'll pass on to others.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Haven't there been a few other releases that occurred during a big push or right after a huge match? Gallows and Anderson immediately come to mind.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is there strong rumours about WWE moving towards selling? My friend who is a little more tuned into this stuff also mentioned that to me today.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Quantum of Phallus posted:

for sale: aleister black, never pushed

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Lana gets to be on stream with Miro again!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Braun would be a fantastic manager / muscle for a shithead cruiserweight heel.

He wouldn't have to do much but could occasionally launch his man, or catch someone little.

Even if he is breaking down in the ring you can get a lot of miles out of a big boy.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1400117676282978308?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm pretty sure I know the answer here, but if they're fired do they get paid the remainder of their contract?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol this guy is so loving stupid

Endless Mike posted:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer here, but if they're fired do they get paid the remainder of their contract?

yes

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1400117676282978308

The blood purge isn't done yet.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

lmfao this guy rocks mods change my name to Dork Marksler

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

There's like twelve people in that photo that are no longer with the company.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Endless Mike posted:

they get their "salary" through the no compete, I believe.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there strong rumours about WWE moving towards selling? My friend who is a little more tuned into this stuff also mentioned that to me today.

Yeah, they’re cutting costs in times of record profits being carried out by someone who’s actually a legitimate entertainment executive. It has all the hallmarks of getting the balance sheet in order ahead of a sale.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think it would be "ownage" if wwe freed sami, ko, keith lee and the undisputed era guys.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

way more lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I think they get their downside guarantee left on their contract in exchange for following a 90-day non-compete (that probably wouldn't stand up in court, but nobody's tried to fight it yet because it's more hassle than it's worth)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

I've always wondered, if they get released, but are still being paid, can WWE rescind the release?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

I don't know if it's specific rumors as much as some of these moves are moves you might make if you were getting ready to shop it around. But it could be more, not like I'm in any position to actually know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dont know how to feel about Braun Strowman also known as Adam Scherr. Dude is totally indoctrinated and it made him a total rear end in a top hat prick, but like.

Hasn't he also had some fairly real mental health issues in the past? He clearly threw himself totally into WWE and did whatever awful, stupid poo poo they asked and wrecked his body for them and they're just throwing him away like trash. That's hosed up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

I think it would be "ownage" if wwe freed sami, ko, keith lee and the undisputed era guys.

i know I'd be pretty owned if that happened.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, they’re cutting costs in times of record profits being carried out by someone who’s actually a legitimate entertainment executive. It has all the hallmarks of getting the balance sheet in order ahead of a sale.

Dork Marksler feeding the fire.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1400118243361116160?s=20

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pope Corky the IX posted:

at least 17 by my count lmfao

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I can't believe AEW killed WWE in less than 2 years.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

MJeff posted:

I dont know how to feel about Braun Strowman also known as Adam Scherr. Dude is totally indoctrinated and it made him a total rear end in a top hat prick, but like.

Hasn't he also had some fairly real mental health issues in the past? He clearly threw himself totally into WWE and did whatever awful, stupid poo poo they asked and wrecked his body for them and they're just throwing him away like trash. That's hosed up.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1301158803317104640?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dork Marksler lmao

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The entire top row, for one (except for poor Ricochet, who can't even make the whole pic)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Davros1 posted:

The entire top row, for one (except for poor Ricochet, who can't even make the whole pic)

just happy to be in the picture (literally)

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1400120572797931520?s=20

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

If the contract stipulations haven't changed much since the last time I looked it up, they'll get paid their minimum $$, which is called "downside". They get paid more for appearing in matches and merchandising. They are guaranteed match money for a minimum number of times per year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

explosivo posted:

just happy to be in the picture (literally)

HAHAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shave Seltzer vs Dork Marksler at WrestleMania when