Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's going to play the beauty of the drug which turns out to be an unknowing ripoff of “Buzz The Fuzz” by Bowie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The encore will be a performance of 'Love Gun' by KISS

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Maybe Just Once is the original Everything.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Hesitation Marks is up for preorder on amazon

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wheres year zero, trent!??!?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

Maybe Just Once is the original Everything.

And it slaps, just like Everything :colbert:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The Walrus posted:

Hesitation Marks is up for preorder on amazon

Good looks.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I was listening to PHM earlier given recent discussion and I wonder what a TDS-style version of Sin that's placed between Closer & Ruiner on the track listing would sound like? Great song already but I would love to hear a TDS era version of it.

Also read an interesting story about Al Jourgensen during the PHM recording sessions:

quote:

Minstry’s Al Jourgensen drugged Trent and shaved his eyebrows off while recording a Queen cover. Trent roped him in to produce a B-side for PHM: a version of Get Down, Make Love. While recording, Al set a rule. A simple rule. Power through the night, and if you fall asleep, you get your head shaven. High on coke and not exactly a betting man, Al laced Trent’s drink with Rohypnol and made deft work of Mr. Reznor, shaving his head, eyebrow and, well, not quite another full eyebrow before he woke up screaming.

Also a more technical but cool bit of trivia that I didn't know:

quote:

Every drum beat on PHM is sampled from Trent’s record collection, from bands such as Front 242 and 80s art-poppers Scritti Politti. "Every drum fill on Terrible Lie is lifted intact from somewhere,” he said. “There are six other songs playing through that cut, recorded on tape, in and out, depending on where they worked."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Stryder posted:

I've been listening to some of his slightly older but still recent stuff while waiting for Intruder and I still haven't heard anything that I love more than "We Are Lost" from Dead Son Rising, the album when he went full-on "gently caress it. If they're gonna call me Nine Inch Numan, I'll just turn the N in my name backwards too..."
Dead Son Rising was a compilation of stuff he had lying around for years and finally decided to finish, so it makes sense that it sounds more experimental; it's from several years worth of demos.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Dead Son Rising was a compilation of stuff he had lying around for years and finally decided to finish, so it makes sense that it sounds more experimental; it's from several years worth of demos.

That does make sense, then. And the more I listen to Intruder, the more I like it. I Am Screaming has really grown on me.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

What's ol' Alessandro been up to?:

https://www.engadget.com/alessandro-cortini-scuro-chiaro-make-noise-strega-synthesizer-130053995.html

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am going to make an extremely relevant post on this page by posting an Alessandro Cortini remix of a Gary Numan song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz9gZNit33c

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I have the Strega and it's wild. Definitely a thing unto itself.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

From what I have heard about it, I can't wait to hear about Trent playing with one for an entire week and making one loop or something but IT IS SO GOOD.

Did he get an Apprehension Engine but then didn't even know where to begin with it and it was just sitting in like a hallway or something? Maybe when Charlie Clouser said something along those lines when he was asked what he thought about it?...

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Vegastar posted:

Pretty good odds on Trent loving with people.

Remember the Art is Resistance show? There was a full setlist taped to the floor. It had The Perfect Drug listed. That was like a decade before they actually performed it.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Robert Facepalmer posted:

From what I have heard about it, I can't wait to hear about Trent playing with one for an entire week and making one loop or something but IT IS SO GOOD.

Did he get an Apprehension Engine but then didn't even know where to begin with it and it was just sitting in like a hallway or something? Maybe when Charlie Clouser said something along those lines when he was asked what he thought about it?...

Yeah, he had it on a table in the hallway. Said it sounded like poo poo until he figured out how to play it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New ixi video out on Eraser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxHrMTzERHs

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Her recreating the blowing sound at the beginning is so cool. I always wondered what that was.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

eraser is a very good song and this is an excellent breakdown!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Her recreating the blowing sound at the beginning is so cool. I always wondered what that was.

yeah, also love that she spliced in those live shots of trent doing it as well

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I always figured it was a sax. My dad used to play one when I was a kid, and his warmups sounded similar.

But then he'd play Maneater by Hall & Oates or something instead of transitioning into a kickass drum beat.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
https://twitter.com/kinofabino/status/1402391247537512458

also

https://twitter.com/samscurlockmusi/status/1402395707022131201

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New solo single from Ilan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTKAkTCdsu4

e: And also new album from Alessandro. This one gave me The Eater of Dreams vibes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdT99suCLQ

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 11, 2021

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

NIN is playing Hellfest in France, along with Skinny Puppy (who I thought broke up), Ministry, and Killing Joke.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Holy gently caress. Hellfest website confirms this is legit?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if this is the first time SP and NIN have shared a stage since the pre-PHM tour?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if this is the first time SP and NIN have shared a stage since the pre-PHM tour?

I mean, that's definitely got to be the case. Unless NIN was at that Doomsday fest that Puppy played as their official reunion, then this is the first.

That line up is BALLER.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Holy poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hatelull posted:

Incredible lineup

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hatelull posted:

if there was ever a show where phm might get played in its entirity...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The full lineup is crazy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what the gently caress that is insane

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Really wish I could go to that, loving hell :eyepop:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even fuckin like metal and there's enough awesome poo poo there I could fill the week with amazing shows.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

polyester concept posted:

what the gently caress that is insane

Rageaholic posted:

Really wish I could go to that, loving hell :eyepop:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Atari Teenage Riot are playing again...

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
gently caress yeah. This one might be worth trying to go to since we could reasonably road trip there and my husband loves megadeth. I just wish I were less of an old, the last festival-style NIN show in Berlin left me exhausted.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I just noticed Korn is opening for Avenged Sevenfold.

I've seen a bunch of hype for this all over social, more than normal at least. Trent Reznor incorporated should take note and put that lineup on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gez3E-yvuQw

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Man, if he dropped "Suck" into the set list and brought Ogre on stage it would warm my heart to a super nova.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Supernaut with Uncle Al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

hatelull posted:

Man, if he dropped "Suck" into the set list and brought Ogre on stage it would warm my heart to a super nova.

david_a posted:

Supernaut with Uncle Al

:aaaaa: