Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Gresh posted:

lol why hasn't Israel developed the ability to replenish Iron Dome themselves? Don't they have good tech industry? Surely they see the writing on the wall that they won't be able to get a blank check from the US that much longer with their gently caress up Palestinian policies and therefore are planning accordingly

what on earth makes you think that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Neurolimal posted:

I know c-spam is still a bit cheesed at eli valley for being scolded into supporting biden but his comics still slap

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1399880301380243462?s=20

getting mad at the consequences of his own ideology, lmao

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fart low, sweet chariot

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

apatheticman posted:

Ah gently caress shes a gelfing

I'm sad to remember that season 2 was cancelled.

COVID killed a lot of good shows.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fart News

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

was that a captured israeli tank!?!?!

I think it was Gary Brecher who said that there's been a fundamental shift in how the West talks about warfare in that they don't parade around their victories and triumphs (as much?) anymore, which sets off alarm bells and offends sensibilities when people do, because they think it to be some kind of barbarism or medievalism, as with how ISIS would often get characterized.

I suppose this also has to do with how all conflict instigated by (ostensibly) liberal states has to be perceived as a defensive war in order to make it acceptable to the mainstream, which creates this dynamic where the nation is always under attack (even if it is pinpricks from Qassam rockets) and there is always an atmosphere of fear and oppression even when your side is "winning".

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

She looks like a rejected concept for Angela Anaconda

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pitched, individual battles are also going by the wayside, combination of technology and the asymmetrical nature of western dominance

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

She looks like a rejected concept for Angela Anaconda

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1399934255166332930

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

making memes of his own intentions

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao it was actually a cardboard / plastic cutout mock-up over a truck body is what it looked like to me.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Yeah the treads didn't move, it was just a tank shaped parade float.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/abierkhatib/status/1398663099905986567?s=21

Death to Israel, they all deserve every rocket and bullet they receive.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

lmao it was actually a cardboard / plastic cutout mock-up over a truck body is what it looked like to me.
aw, oh well. it was a pretty good mockup

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I noticed that too. I figured it must've been a mock-up that they use for target practice. The armor profile resembles a Merkava, so they probably train atgm teams with it so they know where a missile needs to hit in order to penetrate.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

Why are they so obsessed with pebbles

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Ireland ever expell the Israeli ambassador or did they wuss out?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why are they so obsessed with pebbles

You dont get it they throw ROCKS
TERROR ROCKS

And I have to be here everyday in my big heavy military equipment listeneing to abuse about how I dont let them move freely to their homes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

terror kites still make me laugh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm re-listening to the Finkelstein/Dershowitz debate and it's such a loving joke Finkelstein's career was ruined by this flailing dork.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm re-listening to the Finkelstein/Dershowitz debate and it's such a loving joke Finkelstein's career was ruined by this flailing dork.

Dershowitz had more deep state connections especially given how Israel has been pretty much caught running a blackmail / "let me see your manager" campaign for any jews who dare to question Israel's various war crimes and laundry list of other crimes.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

killing him would not be murder

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also look at the recent track record like the AP reporter getting fired and IGN Israel raising a stink with management.

Such bully tactics have a proven track record of success especially for how anyone he speaks out can get fired or get a surprise leave of absence.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

etalian posted:

Also look at the recent track record like the AP reporter getting fired and IGN Israel raising a stink with management.

Such bully tactics have a proven track record of success especially for how anyone he speaks out can get fired or get a surprise leave of absence.

my best friend survived the israelis oopsy doodling her village so hard it has a wikipedia page, and for talking about her experiences online they put her on an antisemitism site and now that's the first result for her name and she can't find work anywhere doing anything with her doctorate

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Its so cool that Zionists have completely devalued antisemitism. I'm sure this won't have any negative consequences

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's more than just "devaluing" antisemitism. By insisting that Israel = Jews and all of its associated reconstructed Nazi ideology, they're making it reasonable to be an "antisemite." Zionism is antisemitic. It actively makes a more dangerous world for Jews.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

Its so cool that Zionists have completely devalued antisemitism. I'm sure this won't have any negative consequences

Cries of anti-semitism fell on deaf ears when it mattered most, it only had value immediately after the fact, and it was used for the creation of Israel. A scenario where anti-semitism has value again is one Israel wants to avoid.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's more than just "devaluing" antisemitism. By insisting that Israel = Jews and all of its associated reconstructed Nazi ideology, they're making it reasonable to be an "antisemite." Zionism is antisemitic. It actively makes a more dangerous world for Jews.

Yeah, even a cursory reading of the history of Zionism corroborates this and drat it I just got fired from my job and disowned by the family wtf

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Partly by design I'm sure. Perceived injustice and persecution is a critical facet of creating an environment where fascism thrives.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Does it though? Anti-whiteism has little value in the world, but whites are very safe in many countries, because the major white powers will come to the assistance of any whites who get oppressed. The existence of the Mossad would make any government official think twice before launching a pogrom against jews.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

human garbage bag posted:

Does it though? Anti-whiteism has little value in the world, but whites are very safe in many countries, because the major white powers will come to the assistance of any whites who get oppressed. The existence of the Mossad would make any government official think twice before launching a pogrom against jews.

Mossad actively encouraged pogroms against Jews throughout the Muslim world. Israel is an ally of Ukraine, the most antisemitic country in Europe. Which has pushed Jews fleeing by the tens of thousands to Irsael. Israel and Mossad aren't even some kind of supremely powerful force which could stop pogroms anywhere. There's unofficial ways to persecute Jews and to encourage their persecution. Which is exactly what's been happening in Ukraine.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Jun 2, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

etalian posted:

Dershowitz had more deep state connections especially given how Israel has been pretty much caught running a blackmail / "let me see your manager" campaign for any jews who dare to question Israel's various war crimes and laundry list of other crimes.

Oh for sure that's how he was able to do it it's just ridiculous that it was done over him embarrassing himself on a radio show. He would've been out of his depth against any rando in this thread in that debate let alone Finkelstein.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mossad actively encouraged pogroms against Jews throughout the Muslim world. Israel is an ally of Ukraine, the most antisemitic country in Europe. Which has pushed Jews fleeing by the tens of thousands to Irsael. Israel and Mossad aren't even some kind of supremely powerful force which could stop pogroms anywhere. There's unofficial ways to persecute Jews and to encourage their persecution. Which is exactly what's been happening in Ukraine.

I find it hard to believe that a country that recently elected a Jewish president is the most anti-semitic in Europe.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I find it hard to believe that a country that recently elected a Jewish president is the most anti-semitic in Europe.

Good gimmick

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The US/Ukrainian governments are currently funding a milita with this insignia to fight against Russia.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

human garbage bag

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe devaluing was the wrong word to use, but its pretty much what you said is what I was driving at. That equating antisemitism with reasonable positions or calling everyone an antisemite for everything, like they tried to do with Bernie, what they did with Corbyn or what they did to that guys friend for daring to talk about what an Israeli war crime did to her family. And well it's what the Zionists want I guess.

I'll never get over this laser focus on the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, a thing I had never heard of till Zionists needed to start blaming the holocaust on Palestinians

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al-Saqr posted:

gently caress these loving assholes

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I don't remeber the specifics but the individual responsible for the Gladstone report was barred from going to his grandsons bar mitzvah after the report came out critical of Israel.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ughhhh posted:

I don't remeber the specifics but the individual responsible for the Gladstone report was barred from going to his grandsons bar mitzvah after the report came out critical of Israel.

That was the Goldstone report, and the guy was Goldstone. All the pressure put on him made him recant the claim that Israel was intentionally targeting civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

what if the existence of mossad creates a pogrom against jews in order for a country to try an rid itself of mossad influence