Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm actually a bit shocked at the amount of power Khan has gotten as it seems like he's taken over some of Vince's power too on the business side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm actually a bit shocked at the amount of power Khan has gotten as it seems like he's taken over some of Vince's power too on the business side

It makes me wonder what shape Vince is in

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man i really don’t want to see Lana on AEW tv she loving sucks at wrestlingz. Ruby Riott would be cool. gently caress Braun never wrestle again dude

she's a terrible wrestler but as a valet/manager she'd probably be great, oozes charisma in her streams/vids outside of WWE. Probably will end up in AEW just because Miro's there

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Confirmed the glasses he wore in those promos are his legit glasses for driving, what a huge dork.

He also just said not to blame creative because they're good people who try hard, which seems to be the general consensus with a lot of the creative team. They're just stuck.

He seems cool and obviously put a lot of thought into his character, almost none of which was ever seen on TV.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man i really don’t want to see Lana on AEW tv she loving sucks at wrestlingz. Ruby Riott would be cool. gently caress Braun never wrestle again dude

Lana is a better sports entertainer than Charlotte

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s amazing that I JUST got my friend the Tommy End memorial t-shirt that I bought for him at an EVOLVE show in 2016 only for it to become as hilarious as the Chuck Taylor Retirement Tour shirt I own.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hey Tay wasn't great before AEW, neither were a lot of folks. I think we have to get on the same page that just because someone was bad at WWE doesn't mean they would be bad in AEW.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If you can't make a profit off of Braun, Murphy, or Riott, literally what the gently caress are you even doing in the wrestling business any more, WWE?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Aleister Black is a weirdo that would be a perfect fit for AEW's weirdos :lol:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lana is a better sports entertainer than Charlotte

Charlotte owns

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

She was a bad wrestler, but she was also never going to improve while in the WWE. I wonder if the coaches at AEW could help her get better?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

It’s amazing that I JUST got my friend the Tommy End memorial t-shirt that I bought for him at an EVOLVE show in 2016 only for it to become as hilarious as the Chuck Taylor Retirement Tour shirt I own.

I need to buy a Chuck Taylor retirement tour shirt, but only if I can be assured I will be in the building when either Best Friends win the tag belts or Orange Cassidy wins the big one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

Aleister Black is a weirdo that would be a perfect fit for AEW's weirdos :lol:

Forget Liv with the Acclaimed, we need Tommy End with them :v:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shard posted:

Hey Tay wasn't great before AEW, neither were a lot of folks. I think we have to get on the same page that just because someone was bad at WWE doesn't mean they would be bad in AEW.

I said it before but WWE is very good at playing to people's weaknesses and making them look far worse at everything than they really are.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alaois posted:

Hade Vansen........

Vade Hansen

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Hade Hansven

Drakkel posted:

I said it before but WWE is very good at playing to people's weaknesses and making them look far worse at everything than they really are.

It's the only part of the cargo cult that works anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol Tommy is talking about how people think he's part of pedophilia conspiracy group because of certain tattoos he has. I wonder if he's got heat with Drake Younger

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Just heard about Aleister's release because he suddenly showed up on Thea's stream (which I thought was abandoned)

I guess I should stop calling him Aleister and start calling him Tommy End again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

It makes me wonder what shape Vince is in

Wonder if we're on the precipice to seeing a power struggle in WWE.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Wonder if we're on the precipice to seeing a power struggle in WWE.

We already did.

Nick Khan won.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

coconono posted:

because he's repeatedly said dumb poo poo about the EVPs on social media.

eh so what if he has talked poo poo on aew. you can use that and run a monster heel program with him. he beats the poo poo out of all the aew favs until finally the underdog gets him on a major ppv. you could also humiliate him and put him in a dunking booth or something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Remember, WWE managed to convince people that the original ECW was bad because Paul Heyman had the foresight to book people to their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Karma Tornado posted:

it rules so much that they hired an actual business guy and he absolutely took over the whole dumb carnie operation in like twenty months while Triple H tried to play Crusader Kings in real life for three decades

What's really funny too is that everyone else was and Triple H came the closest lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

eh so what if he has talked poo poo on aew. you can use that and run a monster heel program with him. he beats the poo poo out of all the aew favs until finally the underdog gets him on a major ppv. you could also humiliate him and put him in a dunking booth or something.

there are so many talented people out there who haven't talked poo poo, why bother?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Based on who Aleister is thanking it does sound like there are people in the company that are taking power from Vince.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1400153486852079625?s=20

More budget cuts!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

People said the same thing about Ivelisse and Shanna. "Oh who cares what her reputation is just book her properly and it'll work out" and look how that turned out for them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1400129983964663812

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there are so many talented people out there who haven't talked poo poo, why bother?

never import heat.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DLC Inc posted:

she's a terrible wrestler but as a valet/manager she'd probably be great, oozes charisma in her streams/vids outside of WWE. Probably will end up in AEW just because Miro's there
"Probably" nothing, have we all memory holed when she was Rusev's imperious Russian leash-holder and it was the best either of them ever were? She's a great manager and she has fantastic chemistry with her husband, figuring out what to do with her in AEW wouldn't be hard.

karmicknight posted:

We already did.

Nick Khan won.
I've been ignoring the product for a while because it loving sucked and I couldn't take it any more, what happened?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lmao Tommy is saying reports that Vince was never high on him wasn't true.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Drakkel posted:

People said the same thing about Ivelisse and Shanna. "Oh who cares what her reputation is just book her properly and it'll work out" and look how that turned out for them.

I thought Shanna turned out well, just not IVelisse

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
CJ can literally be a manager that can take bumps - a lot like Rebel (not Reba)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Would unironically own, except Silver is way more talented.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

I thought Shanna turned out well, just not IVelisse

Shanna literally just got released for her bad attitude.

to be fair, it's not something anyone knew when she first came to the company, only a few months ago when she went full Marine LePen supporter

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao Aleister saying that "rumors that my request to go to NXT was shutdown was 100% bullshit, i told vince about it and he said 'that's good, but i wanna try it this way first, then you could try going back to NXT', but it wasnt shutdown"

it'll take a little bit for WWE brain to go away

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

only a few months ago when she went full Marine LePen supporter

This was at least a year ago

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

I've been ignoring the product for a while because it loving sucked and I couldn't take it any more, what happened?

Nick Khan has reorganized offices, cut people and basically moved in an entire new team of executives (including one who has some yikes references in his history) in a move that was clearly consolidating power. It's kind of why a lot of the "wwf is going to sell" rumors carry weight, because it's moves to get the process going. By the time Vince brought in Johnny Ace and Nick Khan, Hunter had already lost whatever power struggle there was going to be.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

SalTheBard posted:

Would unironically own, except Silver is way more talented.

Yeah, no need for him to "transform" into a worse worker with knackered knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tommy End is a Vincel through and through